Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Yes... Yes!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the UK's Brexit negotiating stance – Britain’s four-decade membership of the EU has left it lacking experience in international negotiations"

Independent:

Sir Tim Barrow: UK's new ambassador to EU 'tough negotiator'

Times:

La La Land (film) - Wikipedia

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Boy, a lot of conservative cartoonists suddenly developed strong feelings about warmongering rhetoric.

*shoves a pile of cartoons criticizing Obama for not standing up to Russia over Crimea aside*

*complains about Obama not being harsher on Iran*

*votes for Donald Trump*

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Boy, a lot of conservative cartoonists suddenly developed strong feelings about warmongering rhetoric.

Most conservatives suddenly became peaceniks when Trump was trying to sell himself as "It's not that I'm Putin's minion, I just don't want war with Russia like BLOODTHIRSTY HILLARY." This did not stop them from calling for war with Iran.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak:

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

You, I like.
Yeah gosh I guess it's going to be up to your ol' buddy Trump to magically stop the violence in Chicago.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Suh? Sir but with an English accent?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

War Wizard posted:

Milo got ranked by an opinion poll at LGBTQ Nation and is their gay of the year. I mention this solely because I feel that there's going to be a Ben Garrison commission commemorating this great achievement.

was this an online poll, by any chance

an online poll with poor validation of unique hits, perhaps

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Barack Obama, Mayor of Chicago.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Angepain posted:

Oh for sure, but they're gonna run with it regardless because it might just generate clicks.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Angepain posted:

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2017/01/milo-yiannopoulos-named-lgbtq-nations-2016-person-year-readers/

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Trogdos! posted:

Red posted:

Inspired by real events, where a man believed to have special needs was targeted and attacked by Black Lives Matter supporters.

I like how he writes "believed to" with regards to the victim having special needs but not with regards to the attackers being Black Lives Matter supporters (the police have officially stated there is no connection to the movement).

To these people, how much you support Black Lives Matter is exponentially proportional to how reprehensible you are while being a black person.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I mean I've already seen the argument multiple times that this is BLM's fault for stirring up anti-white rhetoric so to such critics an official connection isn't even necessary.

Black people are only unhappy with white people because other black people are telling them to be.
There are no other reasons black people might be angry.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
All these "Obama starting WWIII with Russia" folks are the same one complaining about him not taking Russia seriously enough and making fun of the "80's called..." line he used on Romney 4 years ago right?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Angepain posted:

I'm a regular reader on that site, and the voting was definitely corrupted by poll trolls. Breitbart and 4chan posted links to the poll and encouraged their readers to drop a poo poo on the gays by inflating the balloting results with votes for Milo.

A bunch of them posted in the comment section with remarks like "it better be Milo" or "Milo's our boy; vote for the dangerous human being!" Others who followed the link left disingenuous comments that painted Milo as an honest alternative to the "gay nazis with a victim mentality."

Needless to say, the poll results don't represent the site's regular readership. Milo's the gay equivalent of an Uncle Tom, and most LGBT folks despise him.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
why does anyone have online polls on contentious issues in tyool 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Angepain posted:

There was nothing contentious about a gay news website asking their readers to vote for a Person of the Year.

The controversy was caused by right-wingers who used the voting as a way to thumb their noses at gay people. Then they could go back to their bigoted websites and brag about what they'd done.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Angepain posted:

Clickbait. The information age has gone sour.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Luckovich is still writing 2016 on his cartoons.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

King Possum III posted:

There was nothing contentious about a gay news website asking their readers to vote for a Person of the Year.

The controversy was caused by right-wingers who used the voting as a way to thumb their noses at gay people. Then they could go back to their bigoted websites and brag about what they'd done.

I have no loving clue why the site let the results stand unless they have some weird delusions that the controversy will drive traffic in the long term.

Fake edit: I love that Milo got triggered by being called "alt-right" but also irritated the site caved and removed it from the article.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 7, 2017

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I have no loving clue why the site let the results stand unless they have some weird delusions that the controversy will drive drive in the long term.

Fake edit: I love that Milo got triggered by being called "alt-right" but also irritated the site caved and removed it from the article.

"Haha look at those stupid fags that want to 'identify' as something else! Stop calling me names jerks! THAT'S not how I identify!!"~QILTBAG of the year Milo

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
Just saw this in the stickied gibbis thread:

Apparently it's from 1/31/16. I don't recall it being posted here.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I have no loving clue why the site let the results stand unless they have some weird delusions that the controversy will drive traffic in the long term.

Milo is only angry about being called "alt-right" because when he tried sucking up to them by claiming they aren't really horrible racists and are just doing it to be a bunch of shocking edgelords, their response could roughly be summarized "no, we really are racist, you race-traitor human being." Milo's just as much a Nazi as the people he tried sucking up to, he's just bitter that they're not willing to see he's One Of The Good Ones.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

FaradayCage posted:

Trump is the subject of every show they talk about so the media has a strong bias in favor of him.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

FaradayCage posted:

hews too close to a sincere right-wing cartoon to be all that funny, but that's more of a comment on the state of right-wing cartoonists than the artist

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Oh wait that's supposed to be satire?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Keiya posted:

Should be the thread title really.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Keiya posted:

That isn't satire... is it?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Don't be silly, gay abortions ain't no satire. Or do you hate undead gay babies perchance???

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

FaradayCage posted:

I wish rubbercat made more of these

http://www.rubbercat.net/artduck/

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
It is okay if the loving TEE-VEE screams loud enough to drown out any support for President Pumpernickel.

It is NOT okay if the GOVERNMENT screams loud enough or beats the poo poo out of or does something to actually stop someone from displaying support for King Fatass of Fatlandia.

Figure it out, or don't. These people have as much a grasp on free speech as Lord Orange does, what with this actual plead for equal time on SNL.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Doesn't he have some of the highest approval ratings of any outgoing president?:lol:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

This was pretty funny the first time I read it and I swear I thought it said "my fortune-teller poops"

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

For all the horrible poo poo Tinsley does and terrible opinions he holds, it is his constant misuse of the term "hater" that makes me want him to hurry up and wrap his car around a telephone pole.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

I know what this is trying to say, but it reads so awkward. Like the movie was called "My Last One" or the lady is saying she hasn't seen any movies since the one with generic actor man.

Mike Lester is a hack, is what I'm trying to say.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nobody is going to stop seeing movies out of loyalty to Trump.

Mike must be waaaaaay up Donald's rear end if he thinks this is a thing that could happen.

Much like what happened with George W. Bush before him trashing Trump and poorly disguised Trump parodies is about to become very common in movies/tv shows/music/musicals.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

It's a :tinsley: parody

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Nobody is going to stop seeing movies out of loyalty to Trump.

Mike must be waaaaaay up Donald's rear end if he thinks this is a thing that could happen.

Much like what happened with George W. Bush before him trashing Trump and poorly disguised Trump parodies is about to become very common in movies/tv shows/music/musicals.

Well, more so than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

Doesn't he have some of the highest approval ratings of any outgoing president?:lol:
Well yeah in a world where numbers matter. In the world that won 2016, Trump is more popular because he says he is.

• Locked thread