Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Though uhh is it the little railing post blocking the pull. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the big problem with the hook has always been huge hit box and latency handling way too favorable for the shooter in OW, and instead of fixing either of those they did the much easier but worse for the game thing of making the hook not work half the time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Though uhh is it the little railing post blocking the pull. lmao

i think what its doing is checking if the target has to be pulled a certain distance to be centered, and if it's too far it's a "miss" ?? why not just make the hitbox smaller and actually reflect the size of the thing lol like i dont get it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Why would it do anything other than pull the thing in front of you if your hook lands on it and they haven't blinked or fallen or on their client walked around a corner already or whatever.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Why would it do anything other than pull the thing in front of you if your hook lands on it and they haven't blinked or fallen or on their client walked around a corner already or whatever.

i think it's an effort to counter latency compensation in favor of the shooter and it looks horrible, there are like 3 other ways to fix this that probably would've been easier to program and looked much better lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The folks at Blizzard have lost their drat minds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i mean the main complaint about the hook is that it always loving grabs you, and it feels like you should've been in cover or out of range by the time the projectile gets to you but the servers goes "no you weren't" and warps you around in horrible ways to force it to work

easy solution: make the hitbox match the hitbox vs. area collision so you dont get wonky corner/ledge hooks
blizzard solution:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyway this game really bothers me to play for long periods of time because at the end I always feel like I should have just played a better FPS instead.

I think it'd be really good if they took out infinite ammo and nerfed healing and removed stuns though

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
a lot of bad opinions in this this thread lol. the road hog nerf making people mentally ill

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i think im going to quit playing this game. i legitimately dont think ive won a match solo queueing in 2+ weeks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Anyway this game really bothers me to play for long periods of time because at the end I always feel like I should have just played a better FPS instead.

go play that then

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

general anime posted:

a lot of bad opinions in this this thread lol. the road hog nerf making people mentally ill

Like what.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Overwatch is doing a good job of introducing Blizzard Balance to a new generation of gamers

I think it's simply wonderful how Blizzard and Overwatch have influenced the games industry.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

go play that then

None of my friends want to play CS:GO for 9000 hours a week like I do, unfortunately, and playing with random people is OK until you get stuck playing with the same deranker guy 5 16-14 matches in a row

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like the Overwatch community slightly better than CSGO or I would get back to playing that. About a year ago I was just about to start taking that game really seriously but then I got a Wii U and stopped caring about it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Theyre changing the hog changes.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

[allah the guy from the big lebowski] Sometimes you change the hog, and sometimes the hog changes you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thinking about streaming more compy tonight.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

a Loving Dog posted:

i think im going to quit playing this game. i legitimately dont think ive won a match solo queueing in 2+ weeks

how often do you play?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

a Loving Dog posted:

i uninstalled a while back and haven't regretted it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

team shooter has inconsistent results when i play by myself, game is crap!!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

a Loving Dog posted:

I like it but i realized a while ago that i never ever have fun solo queuing . Even if I lose I can at least have fun playing with friends talking poo poo about our other team members and pretending the problem is entirely on them

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've actually had way more luck climbing solo queueing lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/timthetatman/GoodParrotPuppeyFace

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Assertively: Hey there.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

team shooter has inconsistent results when i play by myself, game is crap!!!

the matchmaking is poo poo, dude

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the matchmaking is poo poo, dude

i think people are just poo poo. im always getting matched up with people around my level, if not well above that but ppl in quickplay just wanna practice a class or do their own thing, and comp is really good about matching you up with people that have similar numbers but as ive seen playing comp with WS that hardly matters lol.

skill also has a lot more factors in it, ive got over 100 hours in the game but maybe like 30 minutes in genji. if i pick him, map knowledge aside i may as well be a new player

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've found the matchmaking to be about as good as any other game...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think the space between numbers you can queue with should be cut in half or more though, and I wish it was possible to stop people from smurfing without butchering some aspect of the game for everyone else.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

smurfing? lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That's what people call buying another copy of the game so you can either stomp on noobs or play with your low ranked friends or, in this game, play Hanzo only or Bastion only or whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know where the name came from but I first heard it in either QL or CSGO, I don't remember.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I heard it from CS but I don't know the origin either.

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

I don't know where the name came from but I first heard it in either QL or CSGO, I don't remember.

its a cartoon

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

i think warcraft3

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

general anime posted:

its a cartoon

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I've found the matchmaking to be about as good as any other game...

Which is to say, extremely poo poo.

• Locked thread