Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Holy hell, I'm more of an adventure and RPG kind of guy but Infinifactory is like amphetamine to me. I stayed up too late (like 2 AM too late) most days this week because I needed to finish that last level and optimize my factory. I always hate how most adventure and puzzle games only have one solution. Infinifactory allows you to be creative, but is still hard as hell. Then there are the different scores giving you a reason to back and optimize and rebuild solutions in new ways.

If you've played it, feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/sacapscand. I need more people to compare scores with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Resonance22 posted:

I'll hook you up, friend! Added you on Steam.

Awesome, accepted the request! Can't wait to try this on my rig!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

SinineSiil posted:

Still have Jotun and HoPiKo. Ask for them

Jotun looks interesting, thanks!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gromit2096

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Neon Chrome is pretty legit.

Remember Me: H2425-AGTP*-HD6DJ

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
ahahaha..

so, i'm one of several people who bit the bullet and signed up for gamepump.
first game was supposed to come out today. but it looks like there was a bit of a big oversight in that they didn't have any way to actually get their games published on a specific day.
so they might end up having to put each month's game through greenlight. awesome..

they've apparently got a deal going with gog.com and you can opt to get it drm free via them if you don't wanna wait. or forgo that and wait for when.if it becomes available on steam.

also offering refunds.. not sure what route i'm gonna go.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gomi Day posted:

ahahaha..

first game was supposed to come out today. but it looks like there was a bit of a big oversight in that they didn't have any way to actually get their games published on a specific day.
so they might end up having to put each month's game through greenlight. awesome..

they've apparently got a deal going with gog.com and you can opt to get it drm free via them if you don't wanna wait. or forgo that and wait for when.if it becomes available on steam.

woops! nice scam, former Humble guy

the first game is apparently Lit from Wayforward and the second game is "an NES horror game" which could mean Monster Party but it's probably something much shittier

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 7, 2017

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

Quest For Glory II posted:

dunno if i'd call it a scam as much as a colossal fuckup. he's at least owning it on twitter and posted an announcement on the website. and apparently sent out an email (which i have yet to receive)

edit: that reminded me he's also said that whatever folks that subscribed do, they're getting the first two games regardless. people who stay subscribed will get an additional two bonus games. i might stay on just to see where it goes.. it's only twenty... and i paid it a few months ago so.. enh.

Gomi Day fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 7, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Beat Shardlight, was a pretty good point and click. The one thing that bothered me was all the puzzles involving killing the government guards, who all seem to be decent guys and not really evil, which the story just ignores.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Well they finally done it. XCOM 2, a grab box of indies and some Asscreed games for 11.80$, I surrender.
Really would love to know how many people don't realize/forget it's a subscription in 30 days time.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm one of those. I did get a refund but now I'm probably just going to use that money to get X-COM 2 (and other things).

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
just got Glittermitten Grove, and im hype as hell

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

the first game is apparently Lit from Wayforward and the second game is "an NES horror game" which could mean Monster Party but it's probably something much shittier
That sounds like the game which was painstakingly reproduced to behave as if it was an actual NES title ported to the PC. Including lots of slowdown if there are too many things on screen and flickering objects.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
oh god what hell did i just enter

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Wow, I hit the jackpot with the January Humble Monthly. I bought it just for Vermintide but I also wanted Neon Chrome, Trails in the Sky, Jotun, and Project Cars. Mother Russia bleeds I would not have purchased but I do like Streets of Rage so I'll give it a try at least. I have a huge library so I'm pretty pleased there was not a single duplicate. $12 for XCOM2 next month is looking good too.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I have enough games from the xmas sale, I have too many things to play....

XCOM 2 for $12, god drat. I'm in.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I'm playing Batman: Arkham Knight after upgrading my 770 to a 1060. God drat this game is gorgeous. It ran fine for me on my 770 (30-40FPS with Medium and PhysX) but now everything is maxed and I'm getting 40-60FPS (dipping during Batmobile burnouts).

I sort of stopped paying attention to it after all the problems everyone but me seemed to be having and started playing something else. How does it run now in terms of game stopping bugs? Have they patched it up nicely?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Gomi Day posted:

ahahaha..

I thought getting one game through Greenlight got you established as a publisher on Steam, and you could just publish subsequent games without Greenlight. For instance, Wayforward had to get Shantae: Risky's Revenge Greenlit, but all the rest of their games that came later were just published normally.

That would beg the question of why Digital Homicide had up to 50+ games on Greenlight after getting some on Steam, though.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got an extra Trails in the Sky key here from the Monthly bundle, to the first person that wants it.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Unlucky7 posted:

I got an extra Trails in the Sky key here from the Monthly bundle, to the first person that wants it.

I'll take it! It's the only game there I had my eye on.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fawf posted:

I'll take it! It's the only game there I had my eye on.

Do you have an email, or steam ID I could message this gift link to? It says you can't receive PMs.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Do you have an email, or steam ID I could message this gift link to? It says you can't receive PMs.

Well, uh, that's concerning. Not sure what's up but yeah you can hit me up at http://steamcommunity.com/id/fauf/

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Your inbox might be full. There is a size limit.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It's empty and I just checked my settings to make sure PMs are enabled so I'm really not sure what's going on

Got the game, thanks!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I think that is a separate message. The message I got was this:

"has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

It is weird.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Deakul posted:

Hope you really liked L4D and enjoy terrible first person melee combat and bullshit deaths.

What's terrible about it? You've made this exact same post multiple times in this thread but never bothered to actually elaborate.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Digirat posted:

What's terrible about it? You've made this exact same post multiple times in this thread but never bothered to actually elaborate.

No friends to watch your back? Not even goons?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Digirat posted:

Nothing technical.
Just doesn't feel gratifying to kill rats; poor hit feedback, next to no real good gore aside from blood and beheadings, melee combat feels floaty and just lacks impact to me.
Also, I really hate the loot system... especially since it relies heavily on handicapping the players by forcing everyone to carry a tome or whatever instead of something actually useful.

And the game honestly just feels too drat similar to L4D1/2 which I played to death so I can't not feel an annoying sense of deja vu with how it plays.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Deakul posted:

Nothing technical.
Just doesn't feel gratifying to kill rats; poor hit feedback, next to no real good gore aside from blood and beheadings, melee combat feels floaty and just lacks impact to me.
Also, I really hate the loot system... especially since it relies heavily on handicapping the players by forcing everyone to carry a tome or whatever instead of something actually useful.

And the game honestly just feels too drat similar to L4D1/2 which I played to death so I can't not feel an annoying sense of deja vu with how it plays.

It's way more gratifying to kill rats than the paper zombies in left for dead, and the handicap thing makes sense because it's a challenge. It feels different enough that I dig it even being super tired of left for dead. My main issue is that there aren't nearly as many levels as I'd like, even with the dlc

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'd disagree on similarity to L4D--The broad format of the game is definitely almost identical, but other than the necessity of staying close to your friends and the value of drag shooting, your moment-to-moment considerations and everything that defines skillful play is completely different from L4D. I beat most of the campaigns in L4D2 on expert with a good group, and we pretty much did it by just choosing the best routes/holdout spots, and then pointing and clicking. Contrast that with vermintide where you constantly have to evaluate positioning, optimal number of targets for each weapon, the length of time you can CC rats, and swing timing--and this is before you even consider special rats/stormvermin, ranged weapons, and coordinating with your teammates. The game gives you five simple moves (normal attack, charge attack, block, shove, and dodge), and uses those to create a lot more depth than you first see on the surface.

I mean I disagree with most of the rest of it too, but game feel is completely subjective and it's pretty random what feels better for one person vs another in the end. I still find the hit impacts really satisfying after 350 hours. You swing a sweet glaive around and it makes an awesome sound as it chops a huge rat in half, except then you notice that the developer added goopy entrails to rats that get bisected in the last patch, but the entrails don't agree with the physics, and they start increasingly spacking the gently caress around every which way until half the screen is stretched-out polgygons horribly flailing around and knocking ragdolls all over the place in a grim, violent frame rate apocalypse. Thats awesome.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Also, if you want something different, fire lady feels a lot different with how her magic works and the different staffs/spells she can use

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Holy hell, I'm more of an adventure and RPG kind of guy but Infinifactory is like amphetamine to me. I stayed up too late (like 2 AM too late) most days this week because I needed to finish that last level and optimize my factory. I always hate how most adventure and puzzle games only have one solution. Infinifactory allows you to be creative, but is still hard as hell. Then there are the different scores giving you a reason to back and optimize and rebuild solutions in new ways.

If you've played it, feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/sacapscand. I need more people to compare scores with.

I added you as Xtanstic because I felt the same way about not having enough friends to compare scores with. Although I've lately fallen into replaying Stardew Valley, Infinifactory is lurking still.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Rirse posted:

What are some good mods to grabbed from the Workshop?

Gameplay

Long War Alien Pack
More alien types.

Long War Laser Pack
A new weapon tier before plasma. Helps the pacing of research but doesn't add much to the game as they are just barely weaker than plasma.

Long War Perk Pack
Replaces the default unit classes with seven new ones. Absolutely not for a first playthrough.
May not be compatible with mods that involve abilities.

Long War Leader Pack
Adds the ability to train a soldier as a leader class with squad buffing perks.

A Better ADVENT 2
Many more enemy units and AI tweaks. Too much for your first playthrough.

Grimy's Loot Mod
Diablo style loot from the dropped lockboxes. This mod will make the gamer easier.

Bronzemen Mode
Reduce your ability to save scum without the harshness of Ironman. No saving during mission but you can restart the whole mission.

Moddable Ruler turns
For DLC Ruler units only. If you think rulers are BS you can mod their chance to respond on a per ability basis.

Delayed Ruler Entrances
For DLC Ruler units only. Makes them turn up later.

Configurable Mission Timers
Allows for flexible configuration of tactical mission timers via ini: disable timers, set fixed value, set random value, add or subtract turns globally or per mission type.

Tweaks

Clean cinematics
Damage numbers etc delayed until after cinematic moments

ShowMeTheSkills
Shows soldiers perks in the squad selection menu.

Uniform Manager
Create and save soldier customization. Automatically give class specific custom uniforms to new soldiers.

Gotcha (Flank Preview Evolved)
Expands Line of Sight indicator to predict if you will flank an enemy/give squadsight.

Stabilize Me
Stabilize a soldier with his own medkit instead of standing there helpless if no-one else nearby has one.

Blackmarket Usage
Displays possible usage of items on the blackmarket sell screen. No more wondering whether you still need Advent Trooper Corpses.

Evac All
Adds a button to evac everyone in an active evac zone saving you time.

Numeric Health Display
This removes the standard health bars and shows health, armor and shields with numbers.

Show Enemies on Mission Planning
Saves you having to remember/check the geo screen for expected enemies once you have a Shadow Chamber.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jan 7, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Lily's Day Off

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:whitewater:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
They usually aren't that blata- ah, who am I kidding. They're proud of it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:sweatdrop: (black closet)

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Wasn't a cock berserker one of the arcs in Oglaf?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

So what, there's a PC version of LIT I can buy now? I'm listening...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Finally playing Akiba's Trip...

And all I could think about with the heavy use of the word 'figurines' is Doom House. :xd:

• Locked thread