Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The AI bonuses make it harder to corrupt provinces into rebellion but it can still be done. Specifically on very hard it's a +8 public order bonus, which sounds like a lot except it's quickly worn down by e.g. -4 for taxes, a maximum of -20 for corruption, up to -8 from a Wight King doing its thing (I forget if this stacks, I think it does), raiding, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gejnor posted:

I've had the public order bonuses modded out for ages, like i think i removed them a couple of weeks post launch.

The AI handles fine without them and it makes you able to do things to them with agents corruption raiding etc.

gimme gimme, where are your mods?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fauxtool posted:

gimme gimme, where are your mods?

I assume you mean the mod i mentioned in my post, its right here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691979636

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
There should be a way to play this game multiplayer somehow. Yeah it'd be stupid and take ages but at least some poor schmuck could LP it.

edit; i mean the grand campaign ofcourse

Affi fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 6, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Affi posted:

There should be a way to play this game multiplayer somehow. Yeah it'd be stupid and take ages but at least some poor schmuck could LP it.

There literally already is in the base game.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Affi posted:

Zore posted:

There literally already is in the base game.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Affi posted:

You can play the grand campaign in either co-op multiplayer or head to head. 2 people can spectate each other's battles and share unit control. Or you can do head to head 2 people where you can have the other player control the AI in battles.

Go to multiplayer - host co-op on the screen with browser showing all the battles listed.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Captain Beans posted:

You can play the grand campaign in either co-op multiplayer or head to head. 2 people can spectate each other's battles and share unit control. Or you can do head to head 2 people where you can have the other player control the AI in battles.

Go to multiplayer - host co-op on the screen with browser showing all the battles listed.

The real question is why they have limited the number of players to two when their battle netcode obviously supports four players.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Zudgemud posted:

The real question is why they have limited the number of players to two when their battle netcode obviously supports four players.

If I had to guess, their netcode does not obviously support four players for a grand campaign map versus just battles. It still sometimes struggles with two with most de-syncs happening between rather than during battles, though has improved overall since previous releases.

Isn't to say that I don't think they could stand to improve it to the point of supporting more, though. Nothing would really get done quickly with 4 players in a grand campaign and turn times would be agonizing but it'd be loads of fun especially a 2v2 head to head.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

Affi posted:

Nope, I want them focusing on adding Dwarves and Greenskins as playable races first.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I'd prefer some sort of mechanic were two armies could attack each other.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

They should make a Warhammer-themed Total War game

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Damnit all you know what he means. I would also really like to be able to have more than 2 people for the grand campaign. The really perplexing this is why they took out hotseat multiplayer starting with I think Shogun 2.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Terrible Opinions posted:

Damnit all you know what he means. I would also really like to be able to have more than 2 people for the grand campaign. The really perplexing this is why they took out hotseat multiplayer starting with I think Shogun 2.

A really complex to design and develop feature that's barely used is right at the top of any project managers "drop this like a bad smell" list.

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE
Being able to level up my generals would be sweet

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

mrchinchin25 posted:

Whoa there lets not get too ambitious here.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

mrchinchin25 posted:

Nah I get too attached to them, maybe if some of the generals had some kind of mechanic to avoid permanently losing them?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

sucks to your rear end-mar posted:

Nah I get too attached to them, maybe if some of the generals had some kind of mechanic to avoid permanently losing them?
:regd08:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey goons, I dove in and grabbed this game. Does anyone have tips for a new player's first campaign?

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

SuperKlaus posted:

Hey goons, I dove in and grabbed this game. Does anyone have tips for a new player's first campaign?

Elves are assholes

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Depends entirely on which race you're playing as but: figure out which 3 buildings are 1) income 2) public order and 3) walls then build those three in your settlements

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

lalaland posted:

Elves are assholes

This.

Pick dwarfs or vampires as your first game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Angry Lobster posted:

This.

Despite what it says on the menu, I kind of think Vampires are an easier start (if more complicated in a couple ways) because of their powerful LLs, lack of Grimgor, and the ability to raise an army in a single turn. Plus their tech and building trees are a lot simpler.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Angry Lobster posted:

This.

Nah, Empire. Franz is a great way to cut your teeth on this game, IMO

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Angry Lobster posted:

This.

Pick any of the starting 4, IMO, but Dwarves and Vamps have the easiest time.

I would recommend against picking any of these leaders; they're kind of wimpy and lame compared to the other options.
Empire: Balthasar Gelt
Vampires: Heinrich Kimmler
Greenskins: Azhag the Slaughterer

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Rygar201 posted:

Nah, Empire. Franz is a great way to cut your teeth on this game, IMO

It was at release, but with all the new DLC the Empire starting position got trickier. Aside from the usual assholes like Marienburg and Karak Norn, now you have to deal with nasty things like Beastmen, hordes of raging elves and psychopathic walking trees. For someone new to the game it may be a bit too much.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Angry Lobster posted:

It was at release, but with all the new DLC the Empire starting position got trickier. Aside from the usual assholes like Marienburg and Karak Norn, now you have to deal with nasty things like Beastmen, hordes of raging elves and psychopathic walking trees. For someone new to the game it may be a bit too much.

This is a feature, not a bug!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I might suggest something like Greenskins (as Grimgor) if you are gonna play on a fairly easy difficulty. It has the benefit of not having much overlap if you are going to get DLC later, and also is fairly straightforward in terms of diplomacy and economics.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
So i've been having fun with my beastmen campaign running around and making GBS threads all over the empire (it might even be the first TW campaign i finish :dance:), and it got me wondering. How are beastmen in the multiplayer, I haven't spent much time on that part of the game but i'm liking the faction enough that i'd like to mash it into armies controlled by other people.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

LordAbaddon posted:

So i've been having fun with my beastmen campaign running around and making GBS threads all over the empire (it might even be the first TW campaign i finish :dance:), and it got me wondering. How are beastmen in the multiplayer, I haven't spent much time on that part of the game but i'm liking the faction enough that i'd like to mash it into armies controlled by other people.

How are you playing videogames without arms? That's pretty impressive.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Sjonnar posted:

How are you playing videogames without arms? That's pretty impressive.

It took me three hours to get this joke...........i might have brain problems

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

LordAbaddon posted:

Beastmen are very playable in MP but they're probably one of the harder races to do especially well with. They're a lot like Elves in that their units are fast and rewarding to micro but also squishy, it's just that unlike elves they don't have much build variety.

Morghur is by far the best Beastmen General and Gorebulls are the backbone of your army. Typically what people will do is pad their army out with the cheapest ungor spears to take up space and use their more elite forces (You have some options here) to break through the enemy line with a focused attack.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

LordAbaddon posted:

It took me three hours to get this joke...........i might have brain problems

I'm on like hour 4 of no loving clue and I'm not even mad about it.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

fnordcircle posted:

It's a 40K joke :commissar:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

fnordcircle posted:

I thought it was something about armies being controlled by other people but since it's apparently a 40K joke I guess that's wrong.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Abaddon The Despoiler's original metal model had really heavy arms that had a tendency to fall off no matter how much glue you used. This got co-opted by /tg/ to explain why he has had 13 Black Crusades which never resulted in the destruction of the Imperium.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
As someone who doesn't know 40k lore very well I'm disappointed it isn't because he got his arms chopped off in some humiliating way as part of one (hopefully the final one) of his stupid crusades.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Pinning is Lostech

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Periphery posted:

As someone who doesn't know 40k lore very well I'm disappointed it isn't because he got his arms chopped off in some humiliating way as part of one (hopefully the final one) of his stupid crusades.

No, that would be Marneus Calgar and his psychotic attempt to take on a Tyranid Swarmlord in single combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

why he ain't got no neck?

• Locked thread