Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

The Warriors are 31-6

At this point last year they had 2 losses!

I love that Draymond is all pissy because of Durant jacking up a poo poo 3, but that's exactly what they did last year when games were close in the 4th quarter but with Steph instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
10 years later, fugazigate comes to a head.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

BWV posted:

he'll probably want to head to Memphis by Monday anyway.

There needs to be a reporter that asks KD "hey KD do you want to get treated to [insert team warriors lose to] now?"

That reporter would be the real MVP.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

I love that Draymond is all pissy because of Durant jacking up a poo poo 3, but that's exactly what they did last year when games were close in the 4th quarter but with Steph instead.

Maybe jacking up terrible shots with the expectation that they'll go in just because you're Steph Curry or Kevin Durant or whatever is actually a terrible strategy and should be avoided if you can help it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

The Warriors are 31-6

I read this in the same tone as "Notre Dame is 4-8"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The 2016 John Scott Memorial NHL All Star Game ft John Scott was the greatest thing ever and the NBA should put Zaza in and roll with it

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

it's okay when Steph is having the best shooting season ever. Durant's been doing this poo poo for years with much less success.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

Maybe jacking up terrible shots with the expectation that they'll go in just because you're Steph Curry or Kevin Durant or whatever is actually a terrible strategy and should be avoided if you can help it.

:thejoke:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

E2M2 posted:

Frauds

The fans should toilet paper Steph's expensive car.

That was a fun game to watch. The NBA is great.

edit:

quote:

Hawks general manager Wes Wilcox apologized for making a joke that stereotyped black women as argumentative at a recent event for ticket holders, Deadspin reports.

Wilcox sat down for an open ended Q&A session with about 200 season ticket holders and team club members and was grilled on some of the team’s personnel decisions. Multiple fans expressed frustration with the organization’s leadership and roster construction

“I know you guys may be angry with me, but I’m used to it because I have a black wife and three mixed kids, so I’m used to people being angry and argumentative,” Wilcox reportedly said.

He apologized in a statement to Deadspin on Friday: “At an early December chalk talk, I made a self-deprecating comment at my own expense regarding my family, which is multi-racial. This joke offended Mr. Crawford and his wife and for that, I apologize.”

Deadspin’s account of the comments came from two people who were present, one being season ticket holder Clarenton Crawford, who proceeded to write an angry email to team CEO Steve Koonin.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/817559653299068930

https://twitter.com/MaximusJamison/status/817559769439408128

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Is Porzingis better than Lebron?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Ya

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

That's most likely the first time he's ever seen Nerlens play

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

The Warriors are 31-6
They went 73-9 last year and DO I NEED TO REMIND YOU WHAT HAPPENED

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Crazy Ted posted:

They went 73-9 last year and DO I NEED TO REMIND YOU WHAT HAPPENED

Of course and I don't like them but I think 31-6 is a remarkably good start for a team going through superteam growing pains or any team at all really

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Draymond Green posted:

In the aftermath, Green placed the blame on the collective. “Klay's standing in the fourth quarter. It's not Klay's fault. It's our fault. It's Steve's fault. It's my fault as a leader on the floor, as a floor general. It's Steph's fault as a floor general to get us in plays, to get everybody moving.”

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm going to ask this again why is anyone surprised he took that shot? We have almost ten years of tape if him doing that exact thing. It goes in way more than one would think

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Because he should have been running the clock. Even if he makes it 60% of the time the smart move is still to take it when the shot clock is close to zero, not when there's plenty left.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Still laughing at Tony Allen in the clutch yelling "I don't need no help" while guarding Steph Curry and muttering "first team, first team..." to himself.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Metapod posted:

I'm going to ask this again why is anyone surprised he took that shot? We have almost ten years of tape if him doing that exact thing. It goes in way more than one would think
Nitpicking but given who was guarding him it probably would have been a better option to at least try to dribble by him and see if he could kick it out/draw a foul/whatever.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

TBeats posted:

Because he should have been running the clock. Even if he makes it 60% of the time the smart move is still to take it when the shot clock is close to zero, not when there's plenty left.

The smart play is to go to the basket right away so you get the ball back after the Grizzlies do.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Crazy Ted posted:

Nitpicking but given who was guarding him it probably would have been a better option to at least try to dribble by him and see if he could kick it out/draw a foul/whatever.

he dribbles off his feet when he tries to do that haha

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that'll show russ

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
:frogsiren: cam payne has been recalled from the blue :snoop: :snoop: :snoop:

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Bashez posted:

The smart play is to go to the basket right away so you get the ball back after the Grizzlies do.

I change my mind this is stupid. It's appropriate in a tie game, not when you're up. Running clock is probably the best option when ahead.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Draymond yelling at KD for playing like a moron: https://twitter.com/DefPenHoops/status/817615761103589377

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

KD is a waiter getting berated by a customer and being forced by company policy to say "y'know what, you're absolutely right, I'm going to go to the back and get that sorted out"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Zingis was terrible last night on D and fouled out but I blame him coming back from an achilles injury. Still better than Lebron.

His 3 ball is so drat beautiful to watch :allears:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CVivlamoreAJC/status/817782705744203777

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

KD is a waiter getting berated by a customer and being forced by company policy to say "y'know what, you're absolutely right, I'm going to go to the back and get that sorted out"

*Servant

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm glad the league is helping cle so much .

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Still riding high from last night. I'm gonna go get some of the mfin World Famous and enjoy this frigid weather.

https://twitter.com/MarcGasol/status/817634419838095362

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Dutchy posted:

I'll never be able to get over the story of Jackson trying to lead a coup against loving John Stockton

“I’m a born leader, and if people take that as manipulation, then maybe they haven’t been around leaders,” [Jackson] says. “I make no apologies for embracing people and talking to people and making them feel like they’re important. Maybe in the past those stray dogs have been left on the side, but that’s not the way I treat people.”

That's an all-time great Mark Jacksonism

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

RT thirst traps for all star votes are great

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dutchy posted:

I'll never be able to get over the story of Jackson trying to lead a coup against loving John Stockton

With part of his justification being that John Stockton, owner of the 11th best TS% in NBA history, was not a good enough shooter

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

:frogsiren: cam payne has been recalled from the blue :snoop: :snoop: :snoop:

whole league gonna feel

the sweetest payne

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

Zingis was terrible last night on D and fouled out but I blame him coming back from an achilles injury. Still better than Lebron.

His 3 ball is so drat beautiful to watch :allears:

Not to always be the "Melo Sucks!" guy but the play Zing fouled out on happened because Melo went to the rim with some utterly weak garbage rather than a kick out to an open three point shooter, got his lame rear end thoroughly blocked by Giannis which started a break that Zing had to defend, which he did, getting a block but crashing into someone else on the rebound.

Melo can't (or won't?) jump anymore. Knicks players know this and don't toss him alley-oops for a few seasons now but last year on the Olympic team and during the all-star game the rest of the league was finding this out as wide open oop passes would sail over his head and out of bounds again and again. A few years ago he seemed like the best interior scorer in the league, amazing at bodying folks and finding space where there's none, but now he's not that.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

I'm glad the league is helping cle so much .

Same

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

whole league gonna feel

the sweetest payne

HIT THE GODDAMN MUSIC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PctLKcvYLGk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

NickRoweFillea posted:

Still riding high from last night. I'm gonna go get some of the mfin World Famous and enjoy this frigid weather.

https://twitter.com/MarcGasol/status/817634419838095362
hahah the classic White Guy In Public version of one of the smoothest lines in rap history. If ya don't know, now ya know, (looks around nervously) uhhhhmm

really marking up Juicy like that is singing the National Anthem and stopping immediately after "and the home of"

DNS posted:

“I’m a born leader, and if people take that as manipulation, then maybe they haven’t been around leaders,” [Jackson] says. “I make no apologies for embracing people and talking to people and making them feel like they’re important. Maybe in the past those stray dogs have been left on the side, but that’s not the way I treat people.”

That's an all-time great Mark Jacksonism
Ahh nothin' says "Good Person" like politician-y self-aggrandizing non-apologies for being an rear end in a top hat in your personal and business life.

• Locked thread