Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

shirts and skins posted:

I think it's done with increasing frequency in the US, though. Feel like that's a common thing for friends of millennial parents.

It's common in Alaska to call friends of your parents Aunt/Uncle, I've got an "uncle" who is pure Hawaiian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Calling older strangers aunt or uncle is absolutely a thing in some cultures; it's very widespread in Asia.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Hey guys can you give me another post explaining that Asian people call older friends of the family their Aunt or Uncle because I don't think that has sunk in yet because I'm dumb as poo poo and need to have this be stated more than once

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hear, that in some cultures

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I have cousins who are old enough to be my aunts, but my parents always corrected me whenever I addressed them as such. :(

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
I hear in some cultures they use Auntie as a term signifying unholy terror.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

SunAndSpring posted:

Hey guys can you give me another post explaining that Asian people call older friends of the family their Aunt or Uncle because I don't think that has sunk in yet because I'm dumb as poo poo and need to have this be stated more than once

Y'see in the show How I Met Your Mother...

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

SunAndSpring posted:

Xarbala posted:

Calling older strangers aunt or uncle is absolutely a thing in some cultures; it's very widespread in Asia.

:shrug:

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Moreau posted:

Ugh, now I want like a whole side comic on crusty old Auntie Meti, and her naked adventures in a barrel, dispensing Yoda like grumpy wisdom that nobody ever listens too. Harrumph!

Yeah, I would read the gently caress out of that. Abbadon has posted that after K6BD ends, he's got some other comics in mind, and they sound cool! But honestly, I'd love for him to just spin us tales in the K6BD universe until the heat-death of our reality.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

:perfect:

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Hey, so who called it that the wheel was actually part of his body?

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?

Reene posted:

Hey, so who called it that the wheel was actually part of his body?

Pretty much everyone who quoted "mistake not the rider for his steed" from back when Juggs first got bisected.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The alt txt is p good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

gently caress that's awesome.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

This better be the start of their buddy cop adventures.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm just happy auntie Maya would save a child.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
alternately, juggs is the wheel and the humanoid body is just some sort of weird angel-shell puppet

vvv :frogout:

President Ark fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 7, 2017

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Man, he wheely doesn't know when to quit.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

"sorry, gotta spin! We've spoke before. WHEELS to meet ya though! ;)" HRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNN!!! <- sound of juggs accelerating into the distance

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I totally took "do not mistake the rider for the steed" the other way around and thought "oh, Juggs is riding another angel, that's not part of him or anything"

But no

He's literally a gigantic motorcycle wheel that totes around a body, and he beat Liminal Blossom to death with his own face

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

He's both the angel and the motorcycle at once. Can a man not have two bodies in peace without people questioning which one is the real one?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
One percent of the angels inhabit ninety-nine percent of the bodies! Occupy Throne!

[USER WAS TURNED INTO BUTT-FRUIT FOR THIS POST]

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
YOU'LL

NEVER

NEVER DEFEAT THE ANGEL SPIRIT

YOU'LL NEVER DEFEAT JUGGS

YOU'LL

NEVER

WIN

NEVER

NEVER EVER

NEVER

AND THIS IS WHERE WE GET TESTED, SO REJOICE TO UN ALMIGHTY FOR THIS ANIMATED CONTEST OF WHEELING

HRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Wheelie unexpected, that.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Besides the hints before, there's literally a type of angel that's two interlocked wheels with eyes along the rims in Christian (and I think Jewish) stuff, and we've seen other angels with the wheels for heads. Those being part of Juggs isn't that surprising.

It is, however, fairly awesome, as stated. I wonder where the other wheel is, and if it's also part of Juggs's body.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

It could be that Juggs really was in the armour that got bisected and his wheel buddy just wants revenge because he wheely liked the guy.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
"Hrrrn."

-Juggs

also:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Considering that Juggs has a humanoid form in the astral, I'm guessing that he's not just the bike, but he could definitely be both.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

since angels tend to be gaseous or liquid, it... follows, i guess???, that they could split their form between multiple shells?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Juggernaut Star Six posted:

Maya! Maya, Maya... You think you're winning? You have only been attacking my AUXILIARY body! DID YOU REALLY BELIEVE IT WOULD BE THIS EASY?!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

wheel look who it is

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
This must be what he meant by MIS-TAKE then

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
IT LOOKS LIKE YOU

SPOKE

TOO SOON

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I really like that the eyes of the wheel are focused on the child. :allears:

Also calling it now, wine jug is the new teacup.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

SunAndSpring posted:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

JT Jag posted:

Considering that Juggs has a humanoid form in the astral, I'm guessing that he's not just the bike, but he could definitely be both.

white chain has a shitload of wings in the astral that aren't represented on their physical shell so that doesn't mean as much as you'd think

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

AriadneThread posted:

since angels tend to be gaseous or liquid, it... follows, i guess???, that they could split their form between multiple shells?

Juggernaut star is an igneous angel, whatever that means. From the tumblr "It’s Plasma > Vapor > Liquid > Solid (Metamorphic, Igneous) > Crystal> Neutron as I have it right now, in order of youngest to oldest." as far as we know Metatron is the only neutron Angel and Michael is the only crystal Angel.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Did maya lose some weight? Could have sworn she was pudgier before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pavlov posted:

Did maya lose some weight? Could have sworn she was pudgier before.

She's been cutting lately.