Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

lol @ primary kill bounties in rift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

FishBulb posted:

Why am I still doing shaxxfall
Why am I still playing this game
You're addicted it's not complicated.

After each expansion I play for a few months then forcibly stop myself after I've seen everything new and then I don't feel the need to go back.

You should try doing that you've been playing this game solid for over two years!

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

FishBulb posted:

Why am I still doing shaxxfall
Why am I still playing this game

Because you love it.

I love this game and I don't even care.

I just ordered a mega bloks walker from the US (to Australia) because I love it that much.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

huh posted:

Because you love it.

I love this game and I don't even care.

I just ordered a mega bloks walker from the US (to Australia) because I love it that much.
o poo poo there's Destiny mega bloks?

My daughter and I loved collecting the Halo stuff. Hmmmmmmm.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just started getting into this over the last week or so after picking up the collection last month.

I'm mostly looking to do PvE (don't have a lot of time for multi) and am currently rocking a Titan class.

I just hit level 15 via the bounties and unlocked the defender sub class. Is it better to switch to that for PvE, particularly if you're playing solo for the most part, or is there a better class/sub class for solo PvE?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Sunbreaker's probably the best Titan subclass for solo PvE; roaming AoE super, healing off ability kills, resets on the melee, extra movement and reload speed, all depending on the perks you take. Not that what you run in PvE matters much.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Kin posted:

I just started getting into this over the last week or so after picking up the collection last month.

I'm mostly looking to do PvE (don't have a lot of time for multi) and am currently rocking a Titan class.

I just hit level 15 via the bounties and unlocked the defender sub class. Is it better to switch to that for PvE, particularly if you're playing solo for the most part, or is there a better class/sub class for solo PvE?
I'd say look up some info on all three subclasses (not that you'll get the third for a while...) and maybe watch some brief videos explaining how their different supers/grenades work. They all have utility in PVE so it doesn't really matter, particularly not endgame/high level stuff. Just pick what sounds the most fun. You'll level them all eventually!

Edit: striker super is a "kill group now" button but requires you to get relatively close before using it. Defender super is a defensive bubble that can give defensive and offensive buffs to you and your party, and even debuff enemies with the right armor. Sunbreaker super lets you run around with increased armor and throw very dangerous, destructive projectiles which can be tweaked for damage, DOT, etc.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 7, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
winter don't try to rez us

Winter

WINTER

http://i.imgur.com/vDYDLeL.gifv

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

BlindSite posted:

Brcause you can beat even the hardest pve poo poo using trash weps unless u a scrub.

I am a sxrub though please advise

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I know it was said before, but what's a goon-approved way to farm engrams and increase my LL? I assume I don't want to waste glimmer and other mats on scrub gear or things I just don't like the feel or function of.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just play the game.. do strikes, do archon's forge, do crucible. Use any reputation boosters you get to get more faction rank ups.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Anybody on bone not have a black spindle besides me? The quest for it is the heroic today.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

Just play the game.. do strikes, do archon's forge, do crucible. Use any reputation boosters you get to get more faction rank ups.

Awesome, thanks. I'm finishing the story first, just wanted to see what might help after that. Strikes look really fun to me. Patrols are cool.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Anybody on bone not have a black spindle besides me? The quest for it is the heroic today.

Just FYI it's possible to get black spindle at any time, not just when it's the daily.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

OdinsBeard posted:

Just FYI it's possible to get black spindle at any time, not just when it's the daily.

Oh cool, so no rush then. Thanks.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Menstrual Show posted:

lol @ primary kill bounties in rift

I tried this and got two kills with nlb. That has to be one of the worst primaries ever. I got way more with the wormwood

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

NLB requires you to be good at headshots. I know a dude that can do some good murdering with it and it makes me super jealous.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Played one game with NLB, got I think 4 kills with it and ultimately went 0.9 iirc. The scope and zoom together are hard for me to reckon with if being pushed on in the least. Kudos to those who get work done with it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
NLB has a very high skill ceiling but once you figure itout it's very good, especially with the fact that it wasn't hit the same way by flinch changes.

Anyway I farted around with the SS, HCR, Fitted Stock, Rangefinder Wormwood last night playing serious PvP for the first time in a while and sidearms are still poop, but they are a balance patch away from having a place in the game, imho.

Seems like they are effective in 2 cases:

1: Shotgun rusher who isn't great at movement is coming in fast and you need to melt him. This works against people who aren't extremely good.

2: Juuuuust outside of their effective maximum range at full damage where they are still accurate while moving/jumping and can rattle people with HCR. Think a baby last word while you have another primary.

http://i.imgur.com/5AuEyYs.gifv

If shotguns or movement get touched a bit they could be really good. I would actually love a "No Stickies No Shotguns" week or something so dumb loving suicidal kill trading strats aren't possible for a bit. Just let's see how it plays with tough to use snipers and fusions and sidearms available.

Also having not played destiny PvP in a while it's loving jarring how broken and bad it still is. I have clips of a nova bomb literally going through a dude and then we melee kill trade, a rocket that blows up a guy and 30 seconds later he dies on the kill feed but not before disrupting a capture zone, lobbies feel INCREDIBLY different from game to game, it's just ridiculous.

I love playing with the bros but holy hell Bungie has some work to do for Destiny 2 to make it not a hair-pulling experience.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I love horswapping!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The people who complain about lack of content should have waited til this past christmas to buy it, I am overwhelmed with poo poo to do.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

The people who complain about lack of content should have waited til this past christmas to buy it, I am overwhelmed with poo poo to do.

Game has been out for over two years, bro

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
http://i.imgur.com/FQQqW29.gifv

(i have the tracking perk on btw)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Those cool bit- sparrows are supposed to drop from dawning boxes, right? :argh:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

el B posted:

Game has been out for over two years, bro

Yeah I know, it was a joke. 2 years worth of stuff is a lot when you play for 2 weeks.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

http://i.imgur.com/FQQqW29.gifv

(i have the tracking perk on btw)
I don't think I have ever seen Lance work with Angry Magic. Or at all now that I think about it.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
They should just add a +100 pt medal called "Idiot" for people who kill a shotgun rusher within 3 seconds after the rusher gets a kill.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

For NLB, putting a sticker right where the reticle should be and ignoring the actual sights is what helped me the most. That poo poo sways constantly but if you sight where the reticle *should* be, you'll get the head shot. Also, no idea what the AA on it is, but drag sniping was super effective.

For the sidearm, I'm just using it like I do Last Word. I almost always approach vertically and it's a really effective way to start the fight by getting damage in first. Using TLW almost exclusively for the past month definitely helps.

Not an expert by any stretch but was impressed by both tbh. TLW/Sniper is still more fun imo.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

For sticker what do you use specifically? I would imagine it shouldn't be totally opaque.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

actionjackson posted:

For sticker what do you use specifically? I would imagine it shouldn't be totally opaque.

I cut a piece of the adhesive part off a sticky note with a hole puncher. It's perfectly sized my 27" monitor. It's pretty opaque but since I only use that monitor for my PS4 it's not like anyone is watching TV on it.

Edit: also should mention that I did the sticker thing specifically for learning TLW. Even ADS that gun flies all over the place and I found it super distracting. Cheesing it with a static reticle helped so much, especially at first. I always sucked so bad with that gun and had maybe only tried it for less than 10 matches but after shot gunning for like 12000 kills worth of matches I wanted to force myself to try something different.

Now I really only use shotgun when I'm playing defender. While finally deciding to do the defender subclass pvp quest I learned that NBP defender is super loving fun and can lead to some ridiculous rampages when you get the perk activating.

Menstrual Show fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 8, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is the vendor version of The Waiting worth buying? I'm sitting on 200 marks so I gotta spend some.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Meh, it's fine and Accel Coils is mandatory on that model of fusion because of the slow charge 5 bolt kill becoming a quicker charge 5 bolt kill.

But unless you really need a fusion rifle in that element NOW there's better poo poo to buy or just gamble on at the crypt arch imho

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I have a pretty good Each New Day in the same element so it's off to the slot machine. Thanks.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Menstrual Show posted:

I cut a piece of the adhesive part off a sticky note with a hole puncher. It's perfectly sized my 27" monitor. It's pretty opaque but since I only use that monitor for my PS4 it's not like anyone is watching TV on it.

Edit: also should mention that I did the sticker thing specifically for learning TLW. Even ADS that gun flies all over the place and I found it super distracting. Cheesing it with a static reticle helped so much, especially at first. I always sucked so bad with that gun and had maybe only tried it for less than 10 matches but after shot gunning for like 12000 kills worth of matches I wanted to force myself to try something different.

Now I really only use shotgun when I'm playing defender. While finally deciding to do the defender subclass pvp quest I learned that NBP defender is super loving fun and can lead to some ridiculous rampages when you get the perk activating.

Thanks, I have a new 27" monitor so I'm trying that as well now.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
What monitors y'all got? I'm worried about my ancient but beautiful DS-263N could finally die

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
came back to play some destiny, 6s were literally unplayable. did they revert whatever changes they made recently?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

came back to play some destiny, 6s were literally unplayable. did they revert whatever changes they made recently?

It's been bad since the Dawning I guess. I played an extended sesh for the first time last night and although we won the overwhelming majority of the games there were a ton of fake green bars and general horse poo poo.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Faster matchmaking is looser. If it gives you something good, it's great, but all the problems we were having before are really only exacerbated when the game is decidedly less focused on every criteria but wait time, which is happening more and more as updates and events disappear in the rearview.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's been bad since the Dawning I guess. I played an extended sesh for the first time last night and although we won the overwhelming majority of the games there were a ton of fake green bars and general horse poo poo.

So crispy

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/uberingram/video/25422143

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The Meat Dimension posted:

What monitors y'all got? I'm worried about my ancient but beautiful DS-263N could finally die

Viewsonic VX-2757

• Locked thread