Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

exploded mummy posted:

I don't own a humidor but most of those seem sensible
reported for rule 36 violation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

looks like they followed kickstarter rules and included their challenges in the description

quote:

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
this is just a dumb prototype but i think it belongs here

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

I'm the prototype named "Henry"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

gonna put this on my dick

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

knowing the temperature and humidity of your humidor is a good thing, though not so much that you need anything more than a cheap $10 digital temp/humidity gauge with a digital display that you can check once in awhile (as long as it's closed, neither will differ too much with even passive humidifiers). that it doesn't do the latter makes it kinda pointless for that application

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i would rather like someone to kickstarter an automatic humidifier suitable for a small (i.e. 25-100 cigars) humidor though, i think there is a lot of room to make them better and cheaper compared to where they are at at the moment

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Endless Mike posted:

knowing the temperature and humidity of your humidor is a good thing, though not so much that you need anything more than a cheap $10 digital temp/humidity gauge with a digital display that you can check once in awhile (as long as it's closed, neither will differ too much with even passive humidifiers). that it doesn't do the latter makes it kinda pointless for that application

just make a turkey type thermometer that goes in your humidor and pops up THROW THESE OUT if it gets out of range

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

http://kissenger.lovotics.com

quote:

2. Human to Robot kiss: enabling an intimate relationship with a robot, such technology provides a new facility for closer and more realistic interactions between humans and robots. In this scenario, one set of artificial lips is integrated in a humanoid robot.
3. Human to Virtual character physical/virtual kiss: provides a link between the virtual and real worlds. Here, humans can kiss virtual characters while playing games and receive physical kisses from their favorite virtual characters. Further, Kissenger can be integrated into modern communication devices to facilitate the interactive communication between natural and technologically mediated environments and enhance human tele-presence.
finally, a way for your anime waifu to kiss you back

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cocoa Crispies posted:

uncurable mlady posted:

gonna put this on my dick

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

a schnoz that was built for snozzberries :pervert:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmC62Eg82E8

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Henry noooooo

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

I wanted to post this. thank you for posting this.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
fluke gonna nail them if they keep that ID

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Cocoa Crispies posted:

nothing says "sexy" like a wrinkly old war criminal

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
frog fractions 2 article from vice https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/inside-the-development-of-gamings-biggest-mystery-frog-fractions-2

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

is this article a parody of the starship kickstarter?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
frog fractions 2 has a disturbing lack of frogs so far

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
is Barkley 2 out yet

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

uncurable mlady posted:

frog fractions 2 has a disturbing lack of frogs so far

so its mostly just fractions then?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

gangnam reference posted:

is Barkley 2 out yet
still like four days left in 2016

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

BattleMaster posted:

edit: everyone's talking about the temperature one which is the actual one with real use-cases, wtf is the use-case for a humidity-only sensor or an accelerometer that reports back to a website?

they already make "telltale fruits" that are stuffed in shipments of fruits and vegetables to monitor their transportation. temperature, humidity, acceleration... poo poo I wouldn't be surprised if they had gps.

I think some of them report over cell data but I don't know for sure

this is a problem the grown ups have fixed years ago

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks

He's Here.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
I never got my play kit with mine. I guess I'll have to e-mail them and let them know.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Migishu posted:

I never got my play kit with mine. I guess I'll have to e-mail them and let them know.
it was an extra tier, check to see you paid for it

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

it was an extra tier, check to see you paid for it

I did. They acknowledged the mistake and are sending me my play kit :woop:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
https://mobile.twitter.com/internetofshit/status/817526694911229952?s=15

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've seen ads on social media about 3 different distinctly rebranded fidget cubes now and its the funniest goddamn thing.

I just want a post mortem documenting the precise time between them rejecting the first batch their china manufacturer showed them, and the manufacturer dumping them on aliexpress.

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 8, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm waiting for the fidgeticosahedron

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm waiting for the fidgeticosahedron

yeah, your mom does have quite the dance card

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

A Yolo Wizard posted:

I've seen ads on social media about 3 different distinctly rebranded fidget cubes now and its the funniest goddamn thing.

I just want a post mortem documenting the precise time between them rejecting the first batch their china manufacturer showed them, and the manufacturer dumping them on aliexpress.

I ordered a knockoff one on november 17th and got it on november 30th, for about $6 all in.

and according to the kickstarter campaign, they were supposed to finalize production designs in late october and start official production in early november.

sooo like no longer than about 2-3 weeks, and the knockoff arrived before december started. the kickstarter promised shipping by the end of december for the early bird tiers, but idk if they even delivered on that? has anyone got their official ones yet?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's super garbage that the chinese government doesn't give a poo poo about intellectual property

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sagebrush posted:

it's super garbage that the chinese government doesn't give a poo poo about intellectual property

wheres the intellectual property in "throw a bunch of poo poo together that literally does nothing"

like the point of a patent is that it's supposed to describe a new way to do something.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

fishmech posted:

wheres the intellectual property in "throw a bunch of poo poo together that literally does nothing"

like the point of a patent is that it's supposed to describe a new way to do something.

new doesn't necessarily mean better. actually it is easier to get a patent the worse your idea/product is. not only will nobody have done it before but odds are that there is a lot of literature out there warning against doing anything even remotely like it, and that's a really good indicator that something is not-obvious.

fortunately that isn't the case here because there is an entire field of products devoted to small objects which are covered in buttons and wheels that don't do anything except make noises and certain tactile sensations in an attempt to entertain the user: baby toys.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

fishmech posted:

he says as he absentmindedly fidgets with the "pen clicker" face of his ironic purchase

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

hackbunny posted:

he says as he absentmindedly fidgets with the "pen clicker" face of his ironic purchase

i don't even know where it is. tossed it in a drawer somewhere after figuring out it does all the things the kickstarter one was claimed to do, down to the dice face side having two of the buttons barely moving

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

do you really think fidget cube kickstarter filed for a chinese patent?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i doubt they filed for any patents at all, and in this case it's just an example of foreign manufacturers undercutting westerners. but nearly every product these days that's any good gets a quarter-price 100% shamelessly ripped off chinese copy within weeks of its appearance. earlier this year there was the case where that selfie stick iphone case was copied and on sale before the kickstarter for it had even closed.

like politicians trading stock based on their insider political knowledge, there's frequently nothing explicitly illegal about it -- it's just infuriating because it's unfair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
My coworkers would probably poison my coffee if I bought a device specifically for making clicking noises more often. And they'd be right to do it.

• Locked thread