Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

I thought it was the best crop of callers in a long time in terms of mixing Old Favorites with bad callers who Tom is able to dispatch in an entertaining way. None of the lame post-WFMU regulars who just gnaw through airtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Good lord are this week's callers an exercise in contrasts. Starting the year off with a whole lotta drippy dudes.

I hope Tom doesn't feel like he owes the callers anything, now that they can donate on Patreon

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

WrathOfBlade posted:

I thought it was the best crop of callers in a long time in terms of mixing Old Favorites with bad callers who Tom is able to dispatch in an entertaining way. None of the lame post-WFMU regulars who just gnaw through airtime.

except for that one who was like "hey Tom just calling to say I made a friend today"

beeman
May 7, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

except for that one who was like "hey Tom just calling to say I made a friend today"

lol

also lol @ tom seemingly thinking that chapo trap house is a show about steakhouses or something?

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

beeman posted:

lol

also lol @ tom seemingly thinking that chapo trap house is a show about steakhouses or something?

You mean Taco Chap House.
Also I genuinely thought that the guy trying to start a feud with David Crosby was a bit, right up to the point he was bad companied.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Tom deliberately misunderstanding other podcasts is a running bit now. See also: Serial, the show about escaping haunted houses; Welcome to Nightshade

Also "Mike is telling me... I don't want to talk to you anymore" was so good

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

WrathOfBlade posted:

Tom deliberately misunderstanding other podcasts is a running bit now. See also: Serial, the show about escaping haunted houses; Welcome to Nightshade

Doughboys has gradually become "The Hamburger Guys"

(Still really want to hear Tom on Doughboys grousing his way through a 90 minute discussion of some New Jersey-based chain.)

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
How are people liking Best Show 24/7? It's pretty great but it seems to be too heavily seeded with the newest show. I've tuned in like 3 separate times now to the latest show.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I think it will get better. Dudio was asking for volunteers to help pull more old clips on the show this week, so I think it will balance out eventually.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Tom thinking Chapo Trap House was about steak was pretty funny.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Binowru posted:

Tom thinking Chapo Trap House was about steak was pretty funny.

He knows what it is, it's a joke

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Seltzer posted:

He knows what it is, it's a joke

That's why it's funny.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

the Hollywood Handbook boys and JK Just Kiddin Julie Klausner. a Good and True Episode.

e: mods change my name to The Tartar Sauce Kid

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 11, 2017

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I love Tom's new dog

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

can't believe how long the e-cigs for legs guy waited on hold to do his dumb bit. like, 2, 2.5 hours according to Mike

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Berzerker posted:

can't believe how long the e-cigs for legs guy waited on hold to do his dumb bit. like, 2, 2.5 hours according to Mike

I'm coming around on E-Cigs dude. His dedication is impressive.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

CaptainPsyko posted:

honestly one of the best one-joke gimmicks in the history of the show. he doesn't call too frequently so you don't get sick of him and there's usually at least a little misdirection before the punchline.

beeman
May 7, 2008

i love that mike has been returning to that audiophile's house to listen to his system. i thought it was just a one off thing

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Ecigs isn't fit to carry James' jock/bad toupee

Also I really want them to add all of Mike's HHOP stories to 24/7. Did they ever say how they were taking suggestions for that?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

WrathOfBlade posted:

Also I really want them to add all of Mike's HHOP stories to 24/7. Did they ever say how they were taking suggestions for that?

I'm sure if you tweet at dudio or the official best show account you'd get directed to the right place, if that isn't it already.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

beeman posted:

i love that mike has been returning to that audiophile's house to listen to his system. i thought it was just a one off thing

At first I thought they were referencing the old Wurster call with the Audio Guru. The thought of Mike and other guys his age just sitting around getting wasted and listening to music is so... squalid? is the only word I can think of.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Binowru posted:

At first I thought they were referencing the old Wurster call with the Audio Guru. The thought of Mike and other guys his age just sitting around getting wasted and listening to music is so... squalid? is the only word I can think of.

The best part is obvi the lameness of the records played.

beeman
May 7, 2008

audiophiles love to spend big bucks and then just listen corny poo poo. mike is lucky he didn't just get subjected to like steely dan or dianna krall and norah jones

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

beeman posted:

audiophiles love to spend big bucks and then just listen corny poo poo. mike is lucky he didn't just get subjected to like steely dan or dianna krall and norah jones
Oh ya, totally the hallmark of a great audiophile. Although I coulda sworn he's said he's listened to Steely Dan.

(PS: I just realized I posted what I did to a dude with a Zappa av)

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The first time he went over he asked to listen to Aja I think

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

WrathOfBlade posted:

you are supposed to email Dudio but I can't remember his email address so I'd just tweet him @sonicdork

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Wow. No comments on the resurgence of the classic feud of Tom vs. Nick DiPaolo which was entirely a consequence of DiPaolo making fun of Tom's jacket years and years ago.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

I was saddened by the apparent rift between Tom and H Jon Benjamin (though I guess this explains all the Bob's Burgers resentment)

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

WrathOfBlade posted:

I was saddened by the apparent rift between Tom and H Jon Benjamin (though I guess this explains all the Bob's Burgers resentment)

Ya, that was tough to hear. Those were all Bouchard shows too, so I wasn't certain who he was talking about. But Jon Benjamin and Loren Bourchard and PFT are some of my favorite comedic minds in the world, and I just want them all to be friends!

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The rift between Tom and JHB has been going on for awhile. Tom was particularly blunt about it this episode.

Does Tom just Maron-it and blow little things out of proportion? The Best Show seems to walk a line between hopeful thoughts and toxic behavior. I thought Tom played it up for his on-air persona when certain people stopped calling into the show, but the dumb grudges keep piling up.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

What'd Tom say about Jon Benjamin? I must have missed it somehow.

beeman
May 7, 2008

ManoliIsFat posted:

(PS: I just realized I posted what I did to a dude with a Zappa av)
lmao

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Jazz fart.

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
Tuned in live for the first time in a while to this week's ep. Instant classic. The soundboard had me in tears.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

JohnnyC posted:

Tuned in live for the first time in a while to this week's ep. Instant classic. The soundboard had me in tears.

oh wow

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

just the way Tom was like "no I don't have Sean on my soundboard.... I have Sean ["oh wow"] AND Hayes ["oh wow"]"

I was laughing so hard

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

CaptainPsyko posted:

Yeah I kind of feel like if you're against E-Cigs dude you're going to be on the wrong side of history.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

JohnnyC posted:

yah its been great since he ditched commercials

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
What time does the e cigs guy call in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Seltzer posted:

What time does the e cigs guy call in

He's the very last call, Mike sneaks him in at the end of the night in the latest ep iirc.