Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Awww, what a pleasant-looking pasta dish! IT'S BABY EELS! I know eels aren't really AFP because most people think they're delicious, but these guys are so small! :3:

No, eels are definitely AFP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mymla posted:

No, eels are definitely AFP.

Reminds me how Langston Hughes, while down in Mexico, bought many cans of something he didn't know, ate a ton of it, becauae it was delicious and when he found out it was eels, he ended up hurling.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
did somebody say eels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68m8nFupThI

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

This username and video gives me feels.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
DADDY! I DOAN WANNA GO TO YUM TOWN! IT SCARES ME!

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Data Graham posted:

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie

:golfclap:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

Chili in the saddest bread bowl.

I think I owned that Achewood collection

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Corn ice cream, shaped like corn, resting on bedding for the bottom of a rabbit cage:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Corn flavored ice cream is delicious and I'll fight you if you disagree. I do prefer it sans cage detritus, I'll agree on that.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Zipperelli. posted:

Corn ice cream, shaped like corn, resting on bedding for the bottom of a rabbit cage:

That poo poo on the bottom looks like... Shredded coconut, nuts... cinnamon sugar...

:vince:

Holy poo poo give me that now.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

It looks like a stick of shaped butter, would

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Zipperelli. posted:

wrong thread chum

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Nooooo.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

I think that banana's gone bad.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

motoh posted:

Nooooo.

Paging Gordon Ramsay to inform this person on how much of a donkey they are.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Dienes posted:

Leggo my gecko.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

motoh posted:

Nooooo.

thought it was "food that looks like genitalia" and then it got so much worse

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

motoh posted:

Nooooo.

Even knowing that it's not a definite you'll get salmonella or whatever other poo poo from this, just imagining the texture of biting into one of these is repulsive and viscerally upsetting.

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff
look at all these PCOS Bills in this thread. Afraid of some chicken just because it's so wet on the inside.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

motoh posted:

Nooooo.

Looks bad, Torie.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

More than the horrible... Everything about that dish, I'm more concerned with the fact that she thinks that's medium-rare. That's more like blue rare if we're going with steak equivalent.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Dienes posted:

Looks like it may, indeed, be full of love though.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Corn, cabbage, onions, cream and pork rinds. Added Tabasco after taking pic.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

sweeperbravo posted:

Even knowing that it's not a definite you'll get salmonella or whatever other poo poo from this, just imagining the texture of biting into one of these is repulsive and viscerally upsetting.

Yeah the texture of raw chicken is really weird. Chicken sashimi is a thing in Japan, there are places that raise them safely so it isn't dangerous, so I tried it. It's uh... not great. Chicken that's still a bit pink, cooked like a good duck breast, is pretty good though.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

Corn, cabbage, onions, cream and pork rinds. Added Tabasco after taking pic.

It's the cream where you lose me, but I'd probably eat that happily because pork rinds make everything delicious.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

There's a place in town that makes a duxelle burger and kimchi fries. The kimchi fries look pretty good, but the neon yellow nacho cheese on them kinda fucks it up. The duxelle burger is an unimpressive stack of brown.

Goddamn if it isn't all delicious though. Cured my hangover instantly. I love this restaurant so much.

Okua
Oct 30, 2016

This might not be as dangerous as the chicken strips, but it is ugly food.A recipe for "Gluten Free Dairy Free Sausage and Squash Casserole":

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

Don't eat eel. Seriously, they are going extinct from overfishin.

Farmed raised eel were wild caught as young. No one has found out how to breed eels in captivity.
My dad and I split a thing of baby eels in Barcelona a few years back, but I've since come to suspect it was essentially surimi extruded into baby-eel shapes--which is A Thing due to the brink-of-extinction thing you mention (which, to be fair, I didn't know until I came home and researched this dish). They were still tasty, though. I posted this photo in a previous iteration of the thread:

When we visited the same restaurant again this spring, the eels were off the menu.

There's a tradition in Japan of eating eel on certain summer days for stamina and vitality. As I recall, it's a Hallmark holiday thought up by some eelmongers who wanted more business. Some people are tweaking to the fish's scarcity and are pushing for substitutes instead, like conger eel (also very good) or these adorable eclairs:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I could totally go for an eelclair.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Maybe this is how taiyaki started.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:stonk:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

This is adorable

This is a turd with eyes

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Cakefarts Carol posted:

This is a turd with eyes

It looks like, and is, chocolate. It looks delicious, and I'd eat all 6.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Cakefarts Carol posted:

a turd with eyes

lotta good thread title contenders lately

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Muh-muh-mih-Mommy! Da-duh-duh-dee made us go to Yah-yah-yum Town again!

<lays silently in a fetal position on the floor, twitching periodically, and darkening the carpet with his tears (well, we HOPE it is just tears)>

EDIT: Stupid nesting errors.

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 22:45 on Jan 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

you're posting these in the wrong thread friend.