Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Gutters have killed me more than globes. Bad pubs are much worse about dealing with gutters and will leave you in the lurch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
What the hell is the blood fountain in Drachenfels, anyway? Vampire count showing off or something?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I run enemy below on nightmare with my bots running blues/oranges, i get 2 out of 3 tomes and only 1 bot dies. I finish with everyone up. I try it with 3 humans, everyone is constantly dying and running off alone, we start with 3 tomes and 1 grim and end with 1 guy getting killed trying to flee up the tunnel.

Its absurd that bloodlust bots are better then like 70% of the players--if only they reliably picked up loving tomes and grims.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Lunethex posted:

Yes, get that. It's nice to have considering all the unfair bull they can do. It's not better than the Globadier one but it's only under it by a few margins.

Remember people: Push gutter runners off your team don't hit them unless you have a weapon that throws them around. They have more HP than Stormvermin.

this depends on the weapons you're using, imo. I find that if my teammate is not within immediate shoving distance when he gets pounced and i have my crossbow out, i can just as easily plant a bolt and an axe cleave into it in the same amount of time it would take to shove the rat, and that's enough to kill it on nightmare.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Willie Tomg posted:

What the hell is the blood fountain in Drachenfels, anyway? Vampire count showing off or something?

I think its supposed to be the enchanter in statue form. Some oldschool vampirish big bad from warham prehistory. Stays immortal via eating people. You can hear it having the odd giggle at your expense as you progress through the level.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Is it not possible to kick people after a certain amount of progression into the level?

Tried to kick someone using the Cursed Rune exploit to skip the final event (after 3 people said "don't use the exploit") but the option wasn't there. Sucks if true because then there is nothing you can do at all if somebody wants to do the exploit since it only needs one person and the rest of the team can't progress out of the event without doing the exploit themselves.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
You will need a mod to kick people without votes. Fortunately, Lupo just updated today with multiple settings that disable cheats but let you keep quality of life stuff like host kicks and the very nice bot fixes.

https://mega.nz/#!KQdlmQTR!U9NdV6xhrzrK97_q0IeIiZ7jfFZoT4mfOm7qdG6qPpE

When you start the game after dragging the contents of that zip to Vermintide's binaries folder, you can check the options menu for Mod Settings where you can customize everything to your liking :)

Shachar
Apr 5, 2006

The color of a weapon does not affect its base damage amount, right? The stat bar summary shows higher tier weapons as having slightly higher damage, but I don't really believe this.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It do

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Oranges and Reds do the same damage, and the damage they do is more damage than whites, greens, and blues.

Shachar
Apr 5, 2006

Interesting, thanks. Is the damage increase enough to be significant re damage breakpoints?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
yes

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Yes, basically, though the details vary between weapons. Many orange weapons will one shot slave or clan rats on nightmare or even cata, but their blue or green equivalents won't.

Shachar
Apr 5, 2006

thanks all

next question: does Master Crafted on a Trueflight Longbow improve the time needed to get a 'target lock'?

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Sometimes when I think I'm decent at this game something really humbling happens, like a Roger, horde, 2 globadiers and packrat all within the first two minutes of a nightmare Supply and Demand run.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Shachar posted:

thanks all

next question: does Master Crafted on a Trueflight Longbow improve the time needed to get a 'target lock'?

Lune and I investigated this for our videos and the answer is "no, it does not"

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Finally...the time has come.

I can now spam voice clips at pubbies. Now everyone will know what happens when the Skaven lift their tails thanks to Victor Saltzpyre :kheldragar:

My favorite is spamming friendly fire complaints by far though.

edit:
well i'm loving dead

i was spamming unused dialogues that would play when people get hit by gas (and one for 3 times!) and it was triggering responses from the other people playing, like their characters started sputtering and coughing all over.

all of this was happening while i struggled to not die in a garden of morr run for them.

my god i'm loving dying here

BURN THE RATS THE RATS NOT ME KEEP DOING THAT ILL TAKE YER BEARD OH A RARE MISS DWARF OIIII all the cacophony is ridiculous

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 8, 2017

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I feel pretty comfortable with Bardin, Kerillian, and Sienna but I need to learn Saltzpyre so I can feel at home even when I join a 3/4 team. The big thing eluding me -- what the hell are rapier users doing that's letting them drop Stormvermin so quick? Those face stabs are nice but they take me several hits and people seem to be dropping stormies like instantly on Nightmare. It's too often to be Heroic Killing Blow. Is there some trick to it or did I just see a string of coincidences that they landed killing shots maybe right after arrows and stuff softened them up?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Lunethex posted:

Finally...the time has come.

I can now spam voice clips at pubbies. Now everyone will know what happens when the Skaven lift their tails thanks to Victor Saltzpyre :kheldragar:

My favorite is spamming friendly fire complaints by far though.

edit:
well i'm loving dead

i was spamming unused dialogues that would play when people get hit by gas (and one for 3 times!) and it was triggering responses from the other people playing, like their characters started sputtering and coughing all over.

all of this was happening while i struggled to not die in a garden of morr run for them.

my god i'm loving dying here

BURN THE RATS THE RATS NOT ME KEEP DOING THAT ILL TAKE YER BEARD OH A RARE MISS DWARF OIIII all the cacophony is ridiculous

Is that a custom script you have? It was always fun spamming poo poo in Payday on stealth missions to freak people out.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I feel pretty comfortable with Bardin, Kerillian, and Sienna but I need to learn Saltzpyre so I can feel at home even when I join a 3/4 team. The big thing eluding me -- what the hell are rapier users doing that's letting them drop Stormvermin so quick? Those face stabs are nice but they take me several hits and people seem to be dropping stormies like instantly on Nightmare. It's too often to be Heroic Killing Blow. Is there some trick to it or did I just see a string of coincidences that they landed killing shots maybe right after arrows and stuff softened them up?

Face stabs drop em quick, but its more likely normal killing blow which maxes out at 15%. Pretty ridiculous.

Also if you're comfortable with bardin, you're comfortable with kruber.

el dingo fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jan 8, 2017

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

el dingo posted:

Face stabs drop em quick, but its more likely normal killing blow which maxes out at 15%. Pretty ridiculous.

Also if you're comfortable with bardin, you're comfortable with kruber.

Kruber's shield covers a loving bonkers amount of the screen and the sword and shield is crazy inferior to the axe and shield.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I finally managed to beat the first level (thanks to the video series) and got a green brace of pistols with bloodlust. It says I have to unlock bloodlust at the forge but once I went there I had no idea what to do. Any explanations about the forge would be appreciated.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Lol Lune said distraction is garbo on the fireball staff when I specifically have it in my 3 traits on my orange fireball staff. I really like it on it. You hit the whole gang of rats dog piling on someone and their health shoots up, and you can do so sooner on your way than with the shot guns. though I wouldn't say anyone needs to spend a slot on it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

though I wouldn't say anyone needs to spend a slot on it.
that's really my take on it as well. i mean unlike, say, inspiring shot or safety in numbers or something it isn't niche or poorly designed at first glaze, but when you're competing against stuff like bloodlust/regrowth, stability, channeling rune, or even hail of doom which is basically always relevant it's hard to justify it.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Kruber's shield covers a loving bonkers amount of the screen and the sword and shield is crazy inferior to the axe and shield.

the sword and board was buffed in 1.5 to be something not embarrassing to use, and on paper compares to the axe and shield quite well now.

in practice i still infinitely prefer the axe and shield because i don't NEED something that hits a ton of targets on a shield weapon; i have the shield for that. the axe and shield is the only weapon that completes the set by giving me a high damage single target attack.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Exactly. Until I can one shot clan rats and hit Stormvermin overhead, the sword and shield lags far behind.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Coolguye posted:

that's really my take on it as well. i mean unlike, say, inspiring shot or safety in numbers or something it isn't niche or poorly designed at first glaze, but when you're competing against stuff like bloodlust/regrowth, stability, channeling rune, or even hail of doom which is basically always relevant it's hard to justify it.

There's always the justification of "eh good enough" when you don't want to spend another 200 ore, haha.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Coolguye posted:

the sword and board was buffed in 1.5 to be something not embarrassing to use, and on paper compares to the axe and shield quite well now.

in practice i still infinitely prefer the axe and shield because i don't NEED something that hits a ton of targets on a shield weapon; i have the shield for that. the axe and shield is the only weapon that completes the set by giving me a high damage single target attack.

It was never embarrassing to use. The fact that you can contribute massively without ever using the normal attack on sword and shield and axe and shield is their biggest strength (it also makes them more difficulty-agnostic than other weapons). It still isn't as good as the axe and shield because it doesn't have the same versatility, but the sword and shield and axe and shield were always in a CC tier of their own.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

There's always the justification of "eh good enough" when you don't want to spend another 200 ore, haha.

this is a v gud justification

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So after finally suffering through enough pubbies to get a group that can get through White Rat on normal, i find out that we console plebs don't have the bounty board as of yet :suicide:

Well i guess it's back into the trenches and maybe doing the Castle levels to get one gear piece at a time.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Digirat posted:

It was never embarrassing to use. The fact that you can contribute massively without ever using the normal attack on sword and shield and axe and shield is their biggest strength (it also makes them more difficulty-agnostic than other weapons). It still isn't as good as the axe and shield because it doesn't have the same versatility, but the sword and shield and axe and shield were always in a CC tier of their own.

one dwarf chop wall

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So after finally suffering through enough pubbies to get a group that can get through White Rat on normal, i find out that we console plebs don't have the bounty board as of yet :suicide:

Well i guess it's back into the trenches and maybe doing the Castle levels to get one gear piece at a time.

:captainpop: Wow, seriously?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Like i see what i think it might be? There is a board by the stairs with a bunch of letters and poo poo on it that kinda looks like it's suppose to be usable but nothing pops up when i stand by it.

Then again consoles are always behind when it comes to games not made by Blizzard.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Did you beat all 12 maps in Ubersreik?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Unable to sleep more than a few hours, feeling like death, so when I see a key contract to complete a quest and it's not on Nightmare, I shift it down to Hard. And goodness that's a whole different world. I tell a guy not to waste bandages on superficial wounds after he pops his to heal like a third of his life and his response is to never heal again unless I tell him to. We're talking like up on second bleedout, I have to carve a space in the rats big enough to pause and say "heal before you die, [player]"

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm still not sure why they even made a console version if they didn't heavily rewrite the way the game spawns enemies and the way specials work, or at least give you tools to account for the fact that you don't have a mouse, specifically quick-turn (how is this not a thing) and giving the option of extremely weighted autoaim for specials. I tried a run on hard with my PS4 controller just to see how it was and recorded it for kicks. while it was definitely playable, the lack of quick-turn meant I often felt better just blocking and running at reduced speed instead of checking behind me, the weird camera acceleration made me nauseous, and I only felt comfortable aiming for center of mass with the handgun, which is not extensible to nightmare where you really want to aim for stormvermin heads to shut them down in a crowd. I could see a group of good players beating NM on controllers but how people can do cataclysm on console is beyond me.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

When does the only good hero idea, Chameleon Skink, get added to Vermintide?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

That in the age of sigmar sequel when lizards and dark elves are order forces now. Also Kerrillian became one of those tree ladies and Saltzpyre is a sigmarine

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Saltzpyre is a sigmarine

No joke there'd be some big loving money being spent for this

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Last night I accidentally reclaimed my axe/shield instead of upgrading it, and I wasn't even mad because it meant I had another thing to look forward to. That's how good this game is.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Ignite Memories posted:

Last night I accidentally reclaimed my axe/shield instead of upgrading it, and I wasn't even mad because it meant I had another thing to look forward to. That's how good this game is.

This made my heart feel warm inside, just like murdering rats does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I'm going to plug that youtube channel whenever I run into sub 30s in the game. Finally got red mace and shield. I might use it even piloting kreuber myself because killing blow on a mace is silly as hell.

• Locked thread