Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My phone GPS has been really lovely the past few days. Google Maps shows me up to a mile from my location and Pokemon Go sometimes puts me two miles away. I have a new Nexus5x and Google is shipping me a replacement, because they say it's a hardware issue after all the software tech support, but I'm worried I'm going to break the SIM card or the case. gently caress, I don't even know how to replace a SIM card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Soooo a while back I had my health insurance payments made automatic, rather than sending a paper check.

But that got hosed up somehow, and I kept getting PAY US NOW notices in the mail. I called them repeatedly, everything is fine, fine... Then I notice that I am only being billed every two months, for double the amount, rather than once a month for a single amount. Ok, weird, but no problem. Then yesterday I went to the doctor, got a new prescription. Moseyed in a leisurely fashion down to the pharmacy. They hadn't received it yet. Oh, and your insurance is expired but it's too late in the day to call your provider.

So TODAY, I go online and check my insurance info. Everything's fine and hunky dory there. I call the pharmacy, and yes, my new prescription is in. I go down there to pick it up... and oh, sorry, it says your insurance policy is expired. I call insurance company. Oh, apparently they had a year-end glitch and everything is fucky. We'll call you when everything's normal!

Near the end of today, the insurance person leaves me a message to say everything's all good and wonderful.

So, theoretically, I can go to the pharmacy tomorrow and pick up my drugs. But NOW I am afraid of looking like a goddamned moron that can't figure out insurance for the third day in a row aagggghhhh

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I used to work in a medical office primarily dealing with insurance. It's a huge shitshow and whether it's Cigna or Blue Cross or Aetna or whatever everyone uses computer databases that are like 15 years old and most of the stuff is still done through phone calls and faxes. It needs a revamp and needs to be modernized.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

kreyla posted:

Soooo a while back I had my health insurance payments made automatic, rather than sending a paper check.

But that got hosed up somehow, and I kept getting PAY US NOW notices in the mail. I called them repeatedly, everything is fine, fine... Then I notice that I am only being billed every two months, for double the amount, rather than once a month for a single amount. Ok, weird, but no problem. Then yesterday I went to the doctor, got a new prescription. Moseyed in a leisurely fashion down to the pharmacy. They hadn't received it yet. Oh, and your insurance is expired but it's too late in the day to call your provider.

So TODAY, I go online and check my insurance info. Everything's fine and hunky dory there. I call the pharmacy, and yes, my new prescription is in. I go down there to pick it up... and oh, sorry, it says your insurance policy is expired. I call insurance company. Oh, apparently they had a year-end glitch and everything is fucky. We'll call you when everything's normal!

Near the end of today, the insurance person leaves me a message to say everything's all good and wonderful.

So, theoretically, I can go to the pharmacy tomorrow and pick up my drugs. But NOW I am afraid of looking like a goddamned moron that can't figure out insurance for the third day in a row aagggghhhh

I used to work as a pharmacy tech, and let me reassure you that dealing with hosed up insurance claims is pretty much at least 33% of your day. I once had this one elderly couple who's insurance was allegedly supposed to start covering this special access medication for the husband. Every day, the insurance company swore up and down to them that coverage had begun, but it would still bounce back at me saying that it required special authorization. This went on for several months, and eventually after daily harrassment from both ends, the insurance company got their poo poo together and the claim eventually went through.

Anyways, the point is that as long as you aren't a dick, they will give no fucks and probs be on your side.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I don't even know how to replace a SIM card.

How have you never had to do that before? In any case, it's very easy to do and you don't need to worry about it. Phones are designed to allow you access to the SIM.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I asked for the parts to build a new computer for Christmas because the one I have is old and crash-prone, and I got them. I put it together today, and it won't start up. I checked and rechecked all the connections and I'm pretty sure I fastened the motherboard right. So now I'm worried that I shorted out the biggest Christmas gift I've ever gotten. I couldn't have just loving asked for a new computer built by actual professionals, but noooo, I had to have a fun project.

Also I think I've had a piece of popcorn shell stuck to the very back of my tongue, slightly down my throat, since Saturday.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oof, is the power supply not engaging at all?
The small wire that connects the power button to the MOBO is critical and often overlooked with beginners.
Read your MOBO manual so you know what pins are for what. A lot of them are standardized but not all of them.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I accidentally left my car interior lights on last night and flattened my battery. I'm kicking myself because it was entirely avoidable and I had poo poo to do today which required the car.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Back from two weeks overseas and now I have all these LP episodes and podcasts to catch up on.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I have 8,644 lines of checked-in code waiting on code review at work right now and basically nothing to do. The only thing that I'm supposed to be working on relies on an external system that is currently broken and might be down indefinitely.

Yes I did have the time to sit down and actually figure out how big that number is. That's what I do now. I. Am. So. Bored.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

How have you never had to do that before? In any case, it's very easy to do and you don't need to worry about it. Phones are designed to allow you access to the SIM.

Seeing as I got my first ever smartphone last fall and never had to replace or deal with a SIM until then? It's not like instructions are set anywhere about how to use the key and which way to insert the SIM card. Everything I saw online showed someone opening the new box, and then the next shot was then closing the card slot. It'd be like me passing you a Magnum filter for an aquarium, showing you steps 1-4 on how to set it up, but never mention that you need to prime the filter or what order the inserts need to go.

Some common knowledge stuff to some people is not to others.

FWP: I am stupid hungry but nothing seems good to eat.

This weekend I want to go across town to Pokemon hunt, but if my GPS is still hosed up, I might waste a trip for nothing in a town I have no idea how to get around.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
My company decided that since we have been growing a lot the last few years that the two digit abbrevations that we use to sign stuff isn't doing it anymore and we now use 3 digits, no problem there. But whoever decided how to abbreviate our names is a loving idiot since the way it is done is always (first letter of first name)(first letter of second name)(last letter of second name), but now we have more overlaps from names than before. So you have some poor bastards running around with ABR6 or some such . But they are actually not consistent there either because there are some people that got 3 digit abbrevations that don't follow that pattern above.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
E: on second thought this is probably a case for E/N, not PYF.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Jan 5, 2017

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I ate triscuits with an entire brick of pepper jack cheese because I am a slovenly glutton who loves dairy, and now I'm stuck attempting to take a dump while my rear end in a top hat has turned into a portable, unshitting space heater.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cowslips Warren posted:

It's not like instructions are set anywhere about how to use the key and which way to insert the SIM card.

What phone is this? I've owned three smartphones (and even more regular mobiles) and in all cases they came with instructions for inserting the sim - and no "key".

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

What phone is this? I've owned three smartphones (and even more regular mobiles) and in all cases they came with instructions for inserting the sim - and no "key".

Nexus 5x. I'm think I got it, now waiting for everything to pass onto the new phone.

FWP: I have a cat scratch that is infected and it's very noticeable even with the medicine.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
So would you say you have Cat Scratch Fever :v:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The delivery food that I need to live may arrive before I get home.

I mean my GF is home and it should be fine but my cheese sticks may be a little cold.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Tiggum posted:

My LG G5 requires a "key" to open the sim and SD Mini hatch. I use scare quotes because it's just a tiny round hole a paperclip can fit into with a spring button inside.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I ordered something from eBay with free shipping but it's coming from China and expected delivery date is February 15th.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I managed to pull my calve muscles on both legs in my sleep last night. Walking hurts. Sitting or laying hurts.

Monday_ posted:

I ordered something from eBay with free shipping but it's coming from China and expected delivery date is February 15th.

Same. Didn't notice the ship time until I placed the order.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

I'm petsitting and the dog chewed up the couch :mad:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

BioEnchanted posted:

So would you say you have Cat Scratch Fever :v:

You jest, but...
http://www.healthline.com/health/cat-scratch-disease

I had it as a kid. My sister's cat scratched me on the foot, and a lymph node in my groin got super infected and swollen, like ping-ping ball sized. Antibiotics didn't help, so eventually had to have surgery to remove it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I managed to pull my calve muscles on both legs in my sleep last night. Walking hurts. Sitting or laying hurts.

Same. Didn't notice the ship time until I placed the order.

I hate when I wake up and end up tensing my calf muscles. I don't know why it does it but sometimes they just flex before I think about it, and it always makes them feel really stiff and cramped, it sucks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone in the Irrational Movie thread had a theory about Yoda's speech patterns. His sentence structure is always consistent, it's just in a different order than we're used to for English. The poster was wrong because of course there's a dumb EU explanation for it, but it was a good theory.

But it reminded me of something.

In Canada there's a chain of mostly terrible discount stores called Giant Tiger. In Quebec they're Tigre Geant, because that's how French sentence structure works.

Everyone I know calls it Tiger Giant, and I hate it and also them.

(Turns out it was the same poster above me.)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

(Turns out it was the same poster above me.)

Hello :3:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I misplaced my PS4 controller and I have absolutely no clue where it is.

E: oh also I tripped and smashed my head into a corner and I have an enormous lump on my head. My apt is always clean but today it's a mess for ~reasons~ I won't get into. so yeah. It's kind of painful, and I have a slight headache, and also it's very giant but I'm not going to get it looked at beacaue $$$. Hematoma? Meh. I go to the hospital constantly so I don't want to go back. Sorry for e/n I felt like complaining :/

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 01:23 on Jan 8, 2017

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I watched some TV show where people buy houses and renovate them and I feel envious. Also kind of perplexed about how the gently caress can people who don't seem to have amazing jobs with one person living at home afford 600k houses + 200k remodeling. I'm guessing the answer is simply crippling debt?

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013
My regular massage therapist couldn't see me today, and the lady who covered for her played kinda lovely music during my massage.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

My regular massage therapist couldn't see me today, and the lady who covered for her played kinda lovely music during my massage.

Aww you could have just said something and asked for quiet instead or whatever.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Got back from vacation middle of last week but was super-sick on my first full day back so I took a nap in the middle of the day. Now my sleep cycle is all hosed up and I keep falling asleep a couple hours ahead of when I usually do and then bolting out of bed at like 2 or 3 AM (like I am right now), when I wake up at 7 AM for work.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

My dog started chewing on my ps4 controllers and he began with the gen 2 controller that I have rather than the three gen 1s that I have.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

schreibs posted:

My dog started chewing on my ps4 controllers and he began with the gen 2 controller that I have rather than the three gen 1s that I have.

I lost my PS4 controller. In a way this is actually a really good thing. :/

I got a lotta problems:

I use too much toilet paper because the rolls lasts like 2 days, max. Am I just using too much, or is the brand really lovely? I'm using the general Angel Soft brand (not the AS that says 25% more becaue the same thing happened but the roll lasted even less.)

I finally have a TV but they replaced Dr Phil with some fat weird dude. I don't even like Dr Phil but it was way better than this crap.

I apply for so many [retail] jobs but nobody ever calls me back. I have a lot of good history (I worked at Apple for example) but I also have blank years becaue I was a SAHM/student for a while, (at a good school which I think makes me look bad) so both those two things makes me looks super bad / not good to hire for general retail. This is such poo poo. Ugh. Can't they just hire anyone? I would like that. I know the job market sucks but come on. I'm a good worker. Bleh.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:49 on Jan 9, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
eat more fiber

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Guy Goodbody posted:

eat more fiber

Hmmmm I actually did stop eating fiber-y stuff.

I was gonna complain that the dudes above me (not the hammer drilling guys who hammer drill at random hours, those guys are two stories above, these are the guys directly above me) were doing horrifically loud construction and hammer drilling and hammering nonstop but then my mom called and I was yelling and *mentioned* them in my yelling and they stopped. loving lol. I guess this is a FWP cause my building apparently is horribly not sound-proof.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I eat 2 whole broccoli stalks a day and i dont even have to wipe after i poo poo anymore.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I applied for a job that I was really excited for.
Except there were two different versions and I applied for the wrong one. So now I have to wait six months.

It's mostly my fault but government hiring systems are not all that clear.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I've been in annoyingly crappy health lately. I don't feel like I'm going to die and can function pretty normally but I feel "bleh" all the time. Something is probably kind of a bit wrong.

I also had to get a new primary care doctor but nobody that was any good had an appointment available until next month. Now I have to wait all that time just to see what's up. I'm half tempted to go bother the urgent care and be like "yo find what's wrong with me?"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Barnes & Noble a little over a week ago, and it all arrived today. Except for one book. I checked online and that one book hasn't even shipped yet.

on the 6th they sent me an email saying the book had been delayed, which, duh, but then later that day sent me shipping confirmation, and it said it was shipping via next day air. Which I hadn't paid for so I guess they upgraded me for free becaus of the delay. Great. Now it's the 10th and according to UPS tracking my loving book is still in Nevada.

This whole thing has just been a loving nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I ordered a giant fuckoff arrow from The Hobbit and it was like, jan 3rd? and that fucker STILL hasn't shipped.

I called to cancel and they just said it was in the truck and to refuse the package.

I'm just annoyed cause, gently caress man, it takes them for god damned ever to send the package and in the mean time I've already gotten 2 other emails from them with 25% off coupons and free shipping coupons. It's a little irritating.