Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Fluffdaddy posted:

just sliding on in to say nothing of value and be poo poo. Did someone put up a giant burning cross in the sky to signal these assholes like Batman?

When white people can't make everything they touch be a safe space for them they turn into klansmen.

Literally Dr. White Person and Mr. Grand Wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I only as that as One Of The Good Ones my death be quick and painless.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Guys, I'm like 95% sure hackbunny is being sarcastic. At least I really hope.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

Black people weren't running for President, though. So why is it black folks problems y'alls racist rear end uncles and meemaws and pawpaws voted for Donald Trump?

Gringostar posted:

I'm trying really loving hard to not read this as "minorities need to shut up about racism ingrained in the system during an election because it makes white people angry", but it's really coming off as "minorities need to shut the gently caress up about racism ingrained in the system during an election because it makes white people angry" which is really loving bad for a host of reasons that were already brought up in april of 63... so maybe try this one again?

blackguy32 posted:

All that Malcolm X was promoting was that if you are attacked, then you have the right to defend yourself and that we needed to achieve equality by any means necessary. Also, Magneto promoted that Mutants were superior. I also hate X-men analogies because hell yeah I would love me some super mutant powers. We don't even get that and we are still discriminated against.

The overall point is this, if people want to be allies, then they will be allies. None of this wishy washy bullshit that will probably erode the moment things go south.

This reads to me alot like Identity politics and how people shouldn't promote them.

I'm not saying "dont promote social issues" or "black people are to blame", I'm saying that taking the attitude of "we outnumber whites now, gently caress their [actually everyones] issues" was a strategy that got us POTUS Trump. It's not about scaring whites away (every race turnout for dems was depressed), and more that not everyone is into having a political racewar, and minority groups are not a unified voting bloc to the extent people think. It's not as clear cut as "social minorities vs. fiscal whites".

It's hard to talk about because there ARE whites who are essentially telling black people and allies "shut up, you're inconveniencing us" that muddle the waters. But, in my opinion, anyone who is afraid to call out a bad strategy is not your ally. Good allies are like best friends, you want them to be honest with you and willing to keep you from doing something dumb, even if it makes them look like an A-hole.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

I'm not saying "dont promote social issues" or "black people are to blame", I'm saying that taking the attitude of "we outnumber whites now, gently caress their [actually everyones] issues" was a strategy that got us POTUS Trump. It's not about scaring whites away (every race turnout for dems was depressed), and more that not everyone is into having a political racewar, and minority groups are not a unified voting bloc to the extent people think. It's not as clear cut as "social minorities vs. fiscal whites".

It's hard to talk about because there ARE whites who are essentially telling black people and allies "shut up, you're inconveniencing us" that muddle the waters. But, in my opinion, anyone who is afraid to call out a bad strategy is not your ally. Good allies are like best friends, you want them to be honest with you and willing to keep you from doing something dumb, even if it makes them look like an A-hole.

Asking white people to stop being racist is not a loving social issue. Its a stop being racist issue. Furthermore, black people and other poc don't even make up half of the electorate so what the gently caress are you talking about?

Futhermore, "hold your racist accountable" isn't a goddamn election strategy.

Edit: You aren't an ally, you are a mealy mouth fucker trying to pin white people problems on loving minorities. Black folks were about 13% of the electorate, and almost all of them did the right thing. The gently caress are you on about?

Fluffdaddy fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 8, 2017

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

Asking white people to stop being racist is not a loving social issue. Its a stop being racist issue. Furthermore, black people and other poc don't even make up half of the electorate so what the gently caress are you talking about?

Futhermore, "hold your racist accountable" isn't a goddamn election strategy.

My point was that there are legit critiques of approaches on social issues that sometimes get skimmed over as telling black allies to shut up.

A number of democrat strategists and pundits were banking on minority voters to swarm the booths and drown Trump, allowing them to ignore "white" (working class) concerns. They were wrong (and racist), and the reaffirmation that we can't ignore fiscal concerns is by no means saying "minority issues to the back".

E:

quote:

Edit: You aren't an ally, you are a mealy mouth fucker trying to pin white people problems on loving minorities. Black folks were about 13% of the electorate, and almost all of them did the right thing. The gently caress are you on about?

Trump won more % of all minorities than Mitt Romney, most milquetoast of GE republican runners.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 8, 2017

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

My point was that there are legit critiques of approaches on social issues that sometimes get skimmed over as telling black allies to shut up.

A number of democrat strategists and pundits were banking on minority voters to swarm the booths and drown Trump, allowing them to ignore "white" (working class) concerns. They were wrong (and racist), and the reaffirmation that we can't ignore fiscal concerns is by no means saying "minority issues to the back".

You still haven't explained what this has to do with black people or how its our problem in the black people thread.

"Stop being racists" is not a political slogan or strategy its a basic human rights issue.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Fiscal concerns were not ignored this election, what the hell are you even talking about?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Trump won more % of all minorities than Mitt Romney, most milquetoast of GE republican runners.

I wonder how literal black man Obama got more of the black vote... hmm...

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

You still haven't explained what this has to do with black people or how its our problem in the black people thread.

"Stop being racists" is not a political slogan or strategy its a basic human rights issue.

It had to do with the notion that white allies are telling black people to tone down their messagung. That happens in some places, but the current most vocal white allies are not saying that.

Trump won for more reasons than white people being racist. In fact he lost 4 million white republicans with his rhetoric.

Fluffdaddy posted:

I wonder how literal black man Obama got more of the black vote... hmm...

It was an incumbent election, and Romney was not calling minority groups rapist murderers.

At some point you have to accept that most people are concerned about their immediate issues than solidarity.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 8, 2017

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I mean if you want to go chastise someone, why don't you go ask white women in their thread why they chose their race over their gender?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

It had to do with the notion that white allies are telling black people to tone down their messagung. That happens in some places, but the current most vocal white allies are not saying that.

Trump won for more reasons than white people being racist. In fact he lost 4 million white republicans with his rhetoric.

You are not an ally so don't loving speak for them. You are literally in here tone policing black people and blaming them not wanting to be treated like poo poo because your super racist won the election. Get the gently caress out.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

I mean if you want to go chastise someone, why don't you go ask white women in their thread why they chose their race over their gender?

It's because women as a whole dont feel inherent loyalty based on gender. Hillary lost 80-70% of democrat women 18-35 in the primaries, even.

E:

Fluffdaddy posted:

You are not an ally so don't loving speak for them. You are literally in here tone policing black people and blaming them not wanting to be treated like poo poo because your super racist won the election. Get the gently caress out.

I voted for Hillary, not Trump. You don't have to stop being loud and angry. I want you to be loud and angry. I want us (not just black people) to not make as big a mistake as we did this year. That requires self-reflection and respect on all fronts.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 8, 2017

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Reminder that Neuroliminal's solution to the race problem in the US is "make white people rich, then maybe they will stop being insecure and the wealth will trickle down to black people". That's not an exaggeration, that's literally their proposed plan of action.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

I voted for Hillary, not Trump. You don't have to stop being loud and angry. I want you to be loud and angry. I want us (not just black people) to not make as big a mistake as we did this year. That requires self-reflection and respect on all fronts.

black people did not create donald trump so stop saying we.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

botany posted:

Reminder that Neuroliminal's solution to the race problem in the US is "make white people rich, then maybe they will stop being insecure and the wealth will trickle down to black people". That's not an exaggeration, that's literally their proposed plan of action.

And if I remember correctly, the logic was that if you address the economic concerns of whites, they will magically be not racist . Instead of it further entrenching the economic disadvantages faced by black folk after generations of getting the poo poo end of the stick like what would really happen.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

botany posted:

Anyone can look bad when described by someone who hates them.

It was a post about how to make reparations palatable without changing the name. This involved implementing all-races economic bills and seizing the narrative so that those most vulnerable to racist attacks are willing to support reparations. I admitted that they would benefit white people more, but thats an inherent flaw of the system to be fixed by reparations.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Neurolimal posted:

It was a post about how to make reparations palatable without changing the name. This involved implementing all-races economic bills and seizing the narrative so that those most vulnerable to racist attacks are willing to support reparations. I admitted that they would benefit white people more, but thats an inherent flaw of the system to be fixed by reparations.

no it's mostly that people look bad if they have extremely lovely opinions, like you

edit: also "hate" lmao. stop taking yourself so seriously. you're a white supremacist, not loving voldemort. you're a dime a dozen, hating you is really not worth the effort.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

black people did not create donald trump so stop saying we.

We made a mistake. Don't blame white people for trump, that puts you on the same level as whites who blame black people for (scary black man). You dont fight a larger force with identical tactics.

Trump won for a number of reasons, chief being that We (all allies within the democrat party) dropped the ball in key states.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Neurolimal posted:

We made a mistake. Don't blame white people for trump, that puts you on the same level as whites who blame black people for (scary black man). You dont fight a larger force with identical tactics.

Trump won for a number of reasons, chief being that We (all allies within the democrat party) dropped the ball in key states.

No, Trump is 100% our (white people's) fault. That's as much a fact as water being wet.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

No. You, meaning white people, made Donald Trump possible by spending the last few hundreds of years blaming minorities for economic issues and using it as an excuse to enslave us. Hell, even as Obama worked his rear end off to do what he can for these poor rear end white folks, the spectre of racism still hung over their head. They could not loving stand that a black man was trying to do their sorry asses a solid. Insurance to relieve them from economic burdens? Its got that nigga's name on it, it must be bad.

Black people are not your Democratic Party yes men. We did not create the two-party system, nor were we even allowed to participate in it fully except for the last 4 decades. And honestly, white folks have done everything in their power, through gerrymandering and voter suppression to make it even harder for us to participate in your loving system.

So how loving dare you come to black folks in the black folks thread and sit there and say, oh this was a loss for the coalition. There ain't no coalition nigga, y'all did this because you didn't fight hard enough to combat racism amongst your people.

You can sit there all day and try to spin this as someone elses fault, but in the end of the day, you motherfuckers let your nationalist run goddamn wild and unchecked for centuries and the poo poo finally came home to roost.

And don't come back begging for us to do y'all a solid and bail your sorry asses out at the midterms and beyond, either. Fix your own racist rear end mess.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

We (all allies within the democrat party) dropped the ball in key states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

goddamn white folks are so loving tiresome

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I really think it's time to let this go.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

It's because women as a whole dont feel inherent loyalty based on gender. Hillary lost 80-70% of democrat women 18-35 in the primaries, even.

E:

So white women chose a rapist over a woman and your argument was that racist rhetoric had zero to do with it.

Gotcha.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

LunarShadow posted:

And if I remember correctly, the logic was that if you address the economic concerns of whites, they will magically be not racist . Instead of it further entrenching the economic disadvantages faced by black folk after generations of getting the poo poo end of the stick like what would really happen.

Which is forgetting from WW2-early 70s where that happened and white people were still terrible as gently caress to minorities.

It's like they think minorities don't know poo poo about history.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

negromancer posted:

Which is forgetting from WW2-early 70s where that happened and white people were still terrible as gently caress to minorities.

I think its more like they purposefully forget their own history. They took ours while not knowing theirs.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
As a German poster I feel compelled to remind everyone that at the end of WW2 German POWs were treated much better than Allied black soldiers. You fuckers treated black soldiers who fought the nazis worse than you treated the nazis. Get the gently caress out with your conciliatory poo poo

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

How can we not blame the group of people that voted for a racist in overwhelming numbers? And how does it put us on the same level as whites who blame completely unrelated black people for things black people they don't know do? How are they even remotely similar?

Fluffdaddy posted:

No. You, meaning white people, made Donald Trump possible by spending the last few hundreds of years blaming minorities for economic issues and using it as an excuse to enslave us. Hell, even as Obama worked his rear end off to do what he can for these poor rear end white folks, the spectre of racism still hung over their head. They could not loving stand that a black man was trying to do their sorry asses a solid. Insurance to relieve them from economic burdens? Its got that nigga's name on it, it must be bad.

Black people are not your Democratic Party yes men. We did not create the two-party system, nor were we even allowed to participate in it fully except for the last 4 decades. And honestly, white folks have done everything in their power, through gerrymandering and voter suppression to make it even harder for us to participate in your loving system.

So how loving dare you come to black folks in the black folks thread and sit there and say, oh this was a loss for the coalition. There ain't no coalition nigga, y'all did this because you didn't fight hard enough to combat racism amongst your people.

You can sit there all day and try to spin this as someone elses fault, but in the end of the day, you motherfuckers let your nationalist run goddamn wild and unchecked for centuries and the poo poo finally came home to roost.

And don't come back begging for us to do y'all a solid and bail your sorry asses out at the midterms and beyond, either. Fix your own racist rear end mess.

Also this.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
White people seem to not want to take responsibility for voting for Trump. As soon as Trump declared victory people were jumping Identity politics as the reason why he won which is ridiculous; people blamed minorities wanting to be treated like human beings for the election of Donald Trump.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

negromancer posted:

It's dumber (but no less evil) than that, that history didn't have terrible consequences for us so we have no reason to remember it as clearly as you do.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Neurolimal posted:

I find this so tiresome because it's always people of color who get poo poo on in these deals and anytime white people aren't coddled, they bitch and moan about reverse racism. Hell, some see that minorities are getting a handout and suddenly they want to stop aid completely.

It's part of the reason that I don't buy what Bernie Sanders was selling.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

blackguy32 posted:

I find this so tiresome because it's always people of color who get poo poo on in these deals and anytime white people aren't coddled, they bitch and moan about reverse racism. Hell, some see that minorities are getting a handout and suddenly they want to stop aid completely.

Exactly. As soon as white college students saw more than 3 black people on campus in one day that free college poo poo would have been over.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

I had a feeling that when I saw so many posts in this thread over 24 hours that some pristine white snowflake got his feelings hurt.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

blackguy32 posted:

You can't let yourself get talked out of a good idea just because some white boys are gonna cry over it.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Yes, it was a problem that Clinton thought she could coast on presumed minority turnout, mainly because she's only good on minority issues in the most meaningless way. But to completely blame her half-rear end pandering while ignoring how Republicans scrambled over themselves to gently caress over minority voters once the Supreme Court gutted the Voting Rights Act is stupid as hell.

I mean some literal mass disenfranchisement went down in the same manner as when the Confederates got control of the South after Reconstruction, so spare me the idea it was a fair representation of minority vs. white voting power.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Zapf Dingbat posted:

I had a feeling that when I saw so many posts in this thread over 24 hours that some pristine white snowflake got his feelings hurt.

The Negrotown thread is like that one ant hill you used to poke at with a stick just to see the ants scurry out. Except these ants are fire ants.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Like this is the loving thing, a lot of this is pretty much literal "stop hitting yourself" bullshit. It's to the point a dark part of me wishes Obama world suddenly just say "race war's on, y'all" just so we can get slaughtered and be done with this Kafkaesque nightmare that is racial politics in the United States.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

This is up for debate, but IMO it had morr to do with economic concerns than racism. Obviously theres passive racism in the sense of "I'm more concerned with survival than raising other groups", but I'd put more blame on Trump promising open factories and Hillary not setting foot in multiple dem strongholds Trump won. Rep. share of the vote was near or less tha it has been previously. It was ours to lose, and we exceeded expectations.

I understand your concerns, but I ask that you be willing to give him and fiscal leftists a chance. There's a reason a majority of young black dems favored him, and thats only going to grow with time.

Plus, y'know, the alternative is these social allies who, one day after the election, was throwing black people under the bus to tear down Keith Ellison.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Trying to gut social security is not working to help poor people. You can blame children for the sins of their ancestors if you want, but people are not born racist, can be turned not-racist, and can be invaluable in the struggle for equality.

quote:

This is a strange thing to say to me, seeing as I've said multiple times that one of the faults of the current centrist democrats has been taking minority groups for granted. When I say we failed, I do not mean "we didn't vote enough". It is not on us to support parties, it is on the parties to earn our support.

quote:

Less of 'our people' voted for Trump than they did Romney. We (democrats, leftists) beat romney, but a fracture in the coalition killed us this year. We can throw away a unified left front that has wrested control away from those who blame minorities if that is what you want. I don't control your actions nor do I expect such. It will hurt to see any gains we have made in the past two decades crumble, but as a white who is merely Queer my suffering will only be internal.

quote:

It is not someone elses fault. It is our fault. We must fix this if We want to do something about Trump.

quote:

If the democrats do not change, then I do not want you or anyone else to vote in the midterms. If that ends up the case I sure wont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Imma let someone else engage with you because you are tiresome as hell.

• Locked thread