Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Whoever made the Genoharadan is a colossal dickhead and should be fired, drawn, and quartered. Ok, maybe just fired. Or just receive a stern talking to.

Edit: God drat finally beat that last fight in chapter 2 of KOTET on veteran mode. Seriously, what the poo poo is up with the tuning on that mission? It's like 10x harder than anything else on veteran mode. Those enemies bouncing you around like a ping pong ball and throwing lots of stuns doesn't help with the aggravation factor at all either.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Vaylin is Jack 2.0 except she can't be healed with the power of love.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

But instead is healed (well, ghost-healed) by the power of gently caress YOU DAD :argh:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Asimo posted:

There's huge themes through the Trooper story about corruption and incompetence in the Republic government, traitors in the senate, and defections of high-ranking officers to the Empire. I mean it's easy to forget because it's written like poo poo and most of it is instantly resolves with a punch to the face of the offending party, but if it wasn't poo poo it would pretty easy to see how it would lead to a lot of intrigue and overlap with the Imperial Agent themes, not least of which because they'd theoretically be the people actively working to stop you.

Yeah, I guess I can see that to an extent.

But I played both Trooper and Agent as 'Yes sir, no sir, executing civilians now, sir' types and the key difference is that in Agent you're part of the group being taken advantage of in those situations. The clear dodgy dealings of the Republic (also very apparent in the Knight story, chapter one especially. Not so much Consular) are framed differently for Trooper because he's part of the in-crowd as a simple cog in the machine.

I disagree that Intrigue was an aim of the Trooper story - smashing through bureaucratic red-tape with an armoured fist is part of the Trooper power fantasy. But I've posted about how the trials themselves were a let down before.

If it were Imperial Trooper (or, you know, the Republic was the Empire) with pretty much the exact same story I think people would like it more.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Cross-Section posted:

But instead is healed (well, ghost-healed) by the power of gently caress YOU DAD :argh:

No, she's not healed.

It's like if Jack ended her arc by suicide bombing Miranda's bedroom just before the final mission. She's still consumed by the damage done by her torturer/creator-figure.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Istotopes.

Teehee I hope this never gets fixed.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Uhhhhh it's a space item, not a typo

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Teehee I hope this never gets fixed.

I even added it to my phone so it doesn't try to correct me all the time. :D

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Valkorion 100% didn't intend to get killed and almost everything he says is completely transparent bs. It's like how at the end of Ziost he says that he's "decided" to let you live right after failing to kill you 500 straight times in a row. He's just trying to save face and avoid admitting that he's fallible. God's don't get chumped in the back by a Smuggler. It's actually almost endearing.

You can point out in the end that he was always completely dependent on you. He didn't even have a way of taking you over until Vaylin died because the Outlanders will was simply too strong for him. His bluster about immortality and invincibility was all hot air.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is there a way to set up the UI so that very specific buffs show up more prominently than others?

I tried operative healing in a tactical flashpoint last night and I kind of hated it because I had a bitch of a time trying to keep track of when my kolto probes were about to fall off. I know you can set it up to adjust the size of buff and/or debuff icons in general, but it didn't really help that much because my difficulty was in trying to spot my specific kolto probe buff out of the like 8 different buffs that were going up and down on every party member at all times.

Op healing seems like it could be fun if there were a stress-free way to track your probes but as it is I think I'm just gonna stick with merc.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is there a way to set up the UI so that very specific buffs show up more prominently than others?

I tried operative healing in a tactical flashpoint last night and I kind of hated it because I had a bitch of a time trying to keep track of when my kolto probes were about to fall off. I know you can set it up to adjust the size of buff and/or debuff icons in general, but it didn't really help that much because my difficulty was in trying to spot my specific kolto probe buff out of the like 8 different buffs that were going up and down on every party member at all times.

Op healing seems like it could be fun if there were a stress-free way to track your probes but as it is I think I'm just gonna stick with merc.

You can make it so buffs you cast show up first on people's bars, and are highlighted gold.

As far as refreshing kolto probes - you shouldn't have to sweat it too much early on, and once you level to the proper level you refresh probes instantly with Surgical Probe, so it's much easier to track. You generally generate enough tactical advantages just from having probes on everyone, so you can just rotate from person to person hitting surgical probe in "everyone takes damage" phases, and primarily focusing the tank in other situations. PvP is a bit different obviously, but it's still the same general concept - surgical probe to refresh is the optimal way to do it (can't rememember what level that happens though)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

You can make it so buffs you cast show up first on people's bars, and are highlighted gold.

As far as refreshing kolto probes - you shouldn't have to sweat it too much early on, and once you level to the proper level you refresh probes instantly with Surgical Probe, so it's much easier to track. You generally generate enough tactical advantages just from having probes on everyone, so you can just rotate from person to person hitting surgical probe in "everyone takes damage" phases, and primarily focusing the tank in other situations. PvP is a bit different obviously, but it's still the same general concept - surgical probe to refresh is the optimal way to do it (can't rememember what level that happens though)

My op is 69 (hell yeah) so I'm already at that level, it's just the physical task of checking on my party member's buff bars and seeing whether they're due for a refresh that was stressing me out. I healed through boarding party and despite the fact that it was a tactical people still died a few times but nobody yelled at me so maybe it wasn't my fault!

I'll take a closer look for that setting though, that would make things a heck of a lot easier. Do you know offhand where it's located? I didn't see anything in the interface editor so I assume it's in the settings menu somewhere.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

My op is 69 (hell yeah) so I'm already at that level, it's just the physical task of checking on my party member's buff bars and seeing whether they're due for a refresh that was stressing me out. I healed through boarding party and despite the fact that it was a tactical people still died a few times but nobody yelled at me so maybe it wasn't my fault!

I'll take a closer look for that setting though, that would make things a heck of a lot easier. Do you know offhand where it's located? I didn't see anything in the interface editor so I assume it's in the settings menu somewhere.

Select target, interface editor, scroll down - there's the option to highlight both personal buffs and debuffs, you can order them by time remaining so the kolto probes will be first most of the time.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Alright you lazy fucks, this easy, highly rewarding contest will be closing at 12 noon GMT Sunday 8th January so get to it!

:sassargh: STRONGHOLD CHRISTMAS PARTY :sassargh:

Get the Dromund Kaas apartment stronghold if you haven't already got it for a whopping 5k* credits and decorate the crap out of the initial entrance room in whatever manner you so desire to celebrate the time of the year which it currently is. Christmas or whatever.

The rules:
1) Initial DK apartment entrance room is the only room we're using
2) 100 decoration limit (which is the amount the room unlocks with)

Deadline: 7th January 2017

Judging will probably be Medullah and myself, unless anyone else wants to help pick winners.

Prizes: Nonentity's fabulous new Unstable Peacemaker's lightsabers plus other goodies from the vault.

*Apparently on sale at the moment for a measly 5 credits.

Current entries:

Dely Apple
Dalris Othaine
M_Sinistrari
Bilirubin

Enter before it's too late and Vaylin gets all pissy with you!

I mean seriously, it's not much to put down a few decorations, take a screenshot and have a chance at winning a prize worth millions on the exchange (lightsaber 85m, dual 25m as of this moment) even if you don't intend to use it yourself.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 6, 2017

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Vaylin is already all pissy with my which is why she is all dead and in my head

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Ainsley McTree posted:

People die in tactical flashpoints on trash mobs a lot, cause they're used to going ham with a tank and don't look at their health. I avoid a lot of that cause I pop juggernaut defensive cooldowns.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

A Curvy Goonette posted:

People die in tactical flashpoints on trash mobs a lot, cause they're used to going ham with a tank and don't look at their health. I avoid a lot of that cause I pop juggernaut defensive cooldowns.

We had a tank and two dps :x

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

Ainsley McTree posted:

We had a tank and two dps :x

Ha ha ha welp.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

I usually end up taking story uprising bosses cause I have a taunt and can take a hit. Thinking about making an actual tank set but that seems like a lot of work and I'm bad at it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Ha ha ha welp.

Probably uh just a bad tank yep

We tried the bonus boss 3 times but gave up (though I feel like that wasn't 100% my fault since their health plummeted way too fast to keep up)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

We tried the bonus boss 3 times but gave up (though I feel like that wasn't 100% my fault since their health plummeted way too fast to keep up)

Well if you ever want to practice healing and I'm around, hit me up and I can help you out. :D

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm probably gonna switch to merc honestly. Between hots, health bars, and not standing in fire, I can pay attention to two at any given time

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm probably gonna switch to merc honestly. Between hots, health bars, and not standing in fire doors, I can pay attention to two at any given time

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Were they killing Kels before the droids? Because they enrage or something and wreck poo poo if you do. I don't think it's really healable unless your DPS kills everything really fast.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Turbl posted:

Were they killing Kels before the droids? Because they enrage or something and wreck poo poo if you do. I don't think it's really healable unless your DPS kills everything really fast.

I think so yeah. Though I was mostly too busy staring at health bars and sweating to see

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Those proto-Revan flashpoints are kinda fun as Imperial, if only for hearing the inquisitor's awful attempt at and american/republic accent, and getting to shittalk Revan about how he isn't special (but is insane).

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Trying to put together a cool outfit for my (mostly light side) sith warrior heading into KOTFE

Right now I'm rocking the level 60 token character gear but dyed red and black but I can't find a headpiece I like for it, plus while it does scream "evil overlord" it doesn't really work for "head of a rebel alliance"

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Aleth posted:

Alright you lazy fucks, this easy, highly rewarding contest will be closing at 12 noon GMT Sunday 8th January so get to it!

Get the Dromund Kaas apartment stronghold if you haven't already got it for a whopping 5k* credits and decorate the crap out of the initial entrance room in whatever manner you so desire to celebrate the time of the year which it currently is. Christmas or whatever.

The rules:

Judging will probably be Medullah and myself, unless anyone else wants to help pick winners.

Prizes: Nonentity's fabulous new Unstable Peacemaker's lightsabers plus other goodies from the vault.

Current entries:

Dely Apple
Dalris Othaine
M_Sinistrari
Bilirubin

I mean seriously, it's not much to put down a few decorations, take a screenshot and have a chance at winning a prize worth millions on the exchange (lightsaber 85m, dual 25m as of this moment) even if you don't intend to use it yourself.

24 hours remain on this with only 4 entries vying for the top prize worth 85m.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

Trying to put together a cool outfit for my (mostly light side) sith warrior heading into KOTFE

Right now I'm rocking the level 60 token character gear but dyed red and black but I can't find a headpiece I like for it, plus while it does scream "evil overlord" it doesn't really work for "head of a rebel alliance"

Almost all of my characters wear the Scout microphone headset from the fleet vendor.

Practical and unobtrusive.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aleth posted:

24 hours remain on this with only 4 entries vying for the top prize worth 85m.

I'm working on mine right now! It'll probably be terrible because, ironically, I'm missing a bunch of stuff NOT from the Life Day event that'd work great, but I'm givin' it all she's got cap'n!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Welcome to Captain Caaldo's Life Day cocktail party and annual goodwill Republic/Imperial gift exchange! Ms. Spar will serve you.

Come warm yourself by the fireplace, a generous gift of our friends in the Revanite cult church of latter-day sith. Unfortunately it doesn't burn as brightly as their faith in the Dark One's inevitable return (though my laptop sure was rendering everything at max settings for these screenshots, I'm surprised the flames were the only graphical failure).

The Life Day gift tree is glowing resplendently this year, casting a joyous glow on the gift exchange. The Imperial ambassador has shown admirable patience enduring my protocol droid's incessant small talk, while our Republic representative's engaged some of my colleagues in a bit of good-natured speculation (I hope!) over just how the Empire's gift will be sabotaged this time.

Our friends from Hoth requested some special accommodations this year and I was happy to oblige. Besides the environmental adjustments we've provided the traditional Kwampzaa festive decoration: a spiked pole upon which one impales the remains of territorial invaders to warn off other would-be intruders. 'Tis the season!

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
For our stronghold decorating contest, I'd like to just say, Merry Sithmas!

As many do not survive are unfamiliar with this holiday, here is a helpful guide to the traditions behind this age-old celebration.

Hung by the turbolift with care, everyone is hoping the dark spirits within these Sith sarcophagi will come out and join the festivities! That way, they can be devoured for their ancient power!

Huddled by the thoughtfully provided freezer units, this wampa and her child are eagerly waiting to unwrap the tauntaun across the way down to the bone. Wait until midnight and the stars are right, wampas!

Speaking of feeding, here we see special guest Darth Lovecraft preparing that beloved Dashade holiday dish, Jedi Jambalaya. Just a little more simmering and the Doom Dreidel above will descend to mash the ingredients into bloody chunks! After their repast the Deshade will go out into the streets and wail the traditional Carol of Darkness Unending for only the good little Sith boys and girls, who will be hurled into the street by their parents to be devoured and thus ensure the continued unholy strength of the Sith.

Oh look, they've invited Republic guests to sit by the fire this year! Truly the Alliance has lead to warmer relations between the Empire and Republic.

And here's our host, taking on the role of the Red Giver. Sith children will take their place on her lap and beg for the destruction of their enemies, which she will do at her amusement. Just be creative, kiddies, she's heard them all, and might turn YOU into a lump of coal instead!

I hop you've enjoyed our little tour of a traditional Sithmas party. May your most terrible dreams come true on this darkest of days!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

I'm pretty happy with my light side SW outfit. It's just the pirate outfit from rishi (sans headgear) dyed white but it works:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

MadDogMike posted:

For our stronghold decorating contest, I'd like to just say, Merry Sithmas!

As many do not survive are unfamiliar with this holiday, here is a helpful guide to the traditions behind this age-old celebration.

Hung by the turbolift with care, everyone is hoping the dark spirits within these Sith sarcophagi will come out and join the festivities! That way, they can be devoured for their ancient power!

Huddled by the thoughtfully provided freezer units, this wampa and her child are eagerly waiting to unwrap the tauntaun across the way down to the bone. Wait until midnight and the stars are right, wampas!

Speaking of feeding, here we see special guest Darth Lovecraft preparing that beloved Dashade holiday dish, Jedi Jambalaya. Just a little more simmering and the Doom Dreidel above will descend to mash the ingredients into bloody chunks! After their repast the Deshade will go out into the streets and wail the traditional Carol of Darkness Unending for only the good little Sith boys and girls, who will be hurled into the street by their parents to be devoured and thus ensure the continued unholy strength of the Sith.

Oh look, they've invited Republic guests to sit by the fire this year! Truly the Alliance has lead to warmer relations between the Empire and Republic.

And here's our host, taking on the role of the Red Giver. Sith children will take their place on her lap and beg for the destruction of their enemies, which she will do at her amusement. Just be creative, kiddies, she's heard them all, and might turn YOU into a lump of coal instead!

I hop you've enjoyed our little tour of a traditional Sithmas party. May your most terrible dreams come true on this darkest of days!

:perfect:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm pretty happy with my light side SW outfit. It's just the pirate outfit from rishi (sans headgear) dyed white but it works:

I think my use of the Rishi pirate outfit was FABULOUS

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Yarr prepare to be boarded :pervert:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Updated with latest entries:

Aleth posted:

The rules:

Current entries:

Dely Apple
Dalris Othaine
M_Sinistrari
Bilirubin
McSpanky
MadDogMike

The clock is ticking on anyone else still working on it!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bilirubin posted:

Yarr prepare to be boarded :pervert:

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005
So i decided to give this game a shot. I noticed I can learn 2 types of skills, should I only learn the class I plan on being (sith mage) or should I learn the assassin skills as well. (i.e. is there a hard cap on skills you can know/does using other skills hurt you in any way)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Learn both, no cap. You need some from both.

• Locked thread