Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

There's a new teaser for Powerless and it looks like Better Off Ted if they only spent time in the lab and now all I want is more seasons of Better Off Ted.

http://www.cbr.com/first-powerless-tv-spot-hopes-to-save-us-from-superheroes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Aphrodite posted:

Geoff Johns tweeted there's another DC TV show to be announced soon.

Please be Starman.

..oh who am I kidding :smith:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So, Riverdale? Is it Brick the tv series?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If its on cw i cant believe theyre not trying for like gotham academy or something

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lamont posted:

Please be Starman.

..oh who am I kidding :smith:

It's almost certainly Black Lightning. They have a pilot commitment for it, but it's not been 'officially' announced, I don't think. The gimmick is Black Lightning has to come out of retirement, and probably will have his kids be a part of the show.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, Riverdale? Is it Brick the tv series?

I can only hope, but apparently it's fantastic and I can't wait.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Gaz-L posted:

It's almost certainly Black Lightning. They have a pilot commitment for it, but it's not been 'officially' announced, I don't think. The gimmick is Black Lightning has to come out of retirement, and probably will have his kids be a part of the show.

Would rather they just do Static.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RevKrule posted:

There's a new teaser for Powerless and it looks like Better Off Ted if they only spent time in the lab and now all I want is more seasons of Better Off Ted.

That is definitely completely different from the original pilot.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

RevKrule posted:

No thanks. That looks terrible.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

If its on cw i cant believe theyre not trying for like gotham academy or something

Gotham Academy kids are too young to cast sexy supermodel-looking actors for though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

That is definitely completely different from the original pilot.

They've changed the entire premise. It's about making superhero collateral damage protection gadgets for Wayne Enterprises now, instead of insurance.

It also means that Bruce Wayne sells stuff to protect against him injuring you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

Gotham Academy kids are too young to cast sexy supermodel-looking actors for though.

They'll just age it up like they did with the Magicians.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

You ever watch Gossip Girl?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Actually i didn't think about before does the deal with fox and Gotham preclude other studios from using Batman related characters and/or the word Gotham

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

site posted:

Actually i didn't think about before does the deal with fox and Gotham preclude other studios from using Batman related characters and/or the word Gotham

Gotham was mentioned by name on Supergirl, so the name isn't wrapped up in anything. And a show featuring Nightwing (Titans) was in development hell even after Gotham came out.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Aphrodite posted:

They've changed the entire premise. It's about making superhero collateral damage protection gadgets for Wayne Enterprises now, instead of insurance.

It also means that Bruce Wayne sells stuff to protect against him injuring you.

https://youtu.be/ZZ7oht6TD9c

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 6, 2017

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ToastyPotato posted:

Gotham was mentioned by name on Supergirl, so the name isn't wrapped up in anything. And a show featuring Nightwing (Titans) was in development hell even after Gotham came out.

In that case yeah Gotham academy seems like it'd be a no brainer

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Dexo posted:

Would rather they just do Static.

Isn't that already happening? I remember reading about Will Smith's son being Static in something. Will Smith is a fan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Heathen posted:

Isn't that already happening? I remember reading about Will Smith's son being Static in something. Will Smith is a fan.

I thought that all ended up being rumor mill bullshit? It isn't on any of the lists of upcoming comic book film projects.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just come across this, couldn't help but read it with Melissa Benoist's voice in my head.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I zombie season two was pretty good. The cliff hanger ending was a little dumb. Too bad it is getting a shortened (and probably last) third season.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

I zombie season two was pretty good. The cliff hanger ending was a little dumb. Too bad it is getting a shortened (and probably last) third season.

I'm tentatively hopeful since the CW is pretty good about keeping underperforming but critically acclaimed shows around. They care a lot more about buzz than a lot of other things, even if the buzz doesn't equal ratings. Jane the Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Beauty and the Beast and Reign all come to mind. The last two have either been canceled or are airing their last seasons but both got 4 seasons and 70+ episodes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Was the Beauty and the Beast remake ever any good? I like the old series with Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton for the most part but thought the remake looked a bit generic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IZombie season 3 isn't shortened, it's the same 13 as the other two.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well, season 2 actually had 19 episodes, but 13 was the initial order.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Was the Beauty and the Beast remake ever any good? I like the old series with Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton for the most part but thought the remake looked a bit generic.

No.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It has Kristin Kreuk in it, so...

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's pretty bad; I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

the future is WOW posted:

It's pretty bad; I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

It's continued success means that Kristin Kreuk had a better post Smallville career than Tom Welling, so that's a bonus.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I got sick once and binged it because it was added to Netflix and I remember hearing it had a batshit insane fanbase so I decided to see what was up with it, and all I remember of it is the Beast is a dude with a really generic "I was a soldier, got experimented on, got super strength etc and now evil govcorp wants me dead" backstory and the thing that made him a "beast" was a pretty minor facial scar.

What I'm getting at is that it's not good, or at least not particularly noteworthy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What a freak!

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
In fairness it's definitely bigger than I remember/not minor but yeah, I kept waiting for him to hulk out or turn into Beast or something, but the show just kept trying to say "this generically attractive dude is an abomination people fear on sight because he has a weird scar".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I had to go 4 rows down on Google Images to find that too. All the others show him without it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

IZombie season 3 isn't shortened, it's the same 13 as the other two.

Gaz-L posted:

Well, season 2 actually had 19 episodes, but 13 was the initial order.

The initial order for season 2 was 13, they got an additional episode order midway through the year. It's entirely possible the same thing will happen this season. Another reasont hey got a short series order is it's not a traditional mid season replacement this year, the CW has a lot of new shows dropping this year.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There's a few series I can think of that have 12-13 episodes for their first season, then get 18-19 for their second, then go back down after that. Off the top of my head, The Dead Zone was like that, as was Lost Girl.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sleepy Hollow started out at 13, went to 18 for seasons 2 and 3 and now is back down to 13 for season 4.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
That's like 49 episodes more than it needed.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Constantine got picked up by the CW for an animated series in the vein of Vixen on Seed.

Not a bad start.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is that the new addition Johns was hinting at, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also no surprise but they've renewed all the CW comic book shows.