Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
God forbid people comment on the content of the videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Woolie's almost total collapse in the latter half of today's video was very good, imho

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Killed By Death posted:

Woolie's almost total collapse in the latter half of today's video was very good, imho

And then, just to finish it off, "You literally beat that boss in less than sixty seconds."

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

And then, just to finish it off, "You literally beat that boss in less than sixty seconds."

my concept of time seems off because it seems it took roughly 20 minutes to me

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

In my own DaS first-time: Balder Side Sword dropped, and I actually prefer longsword.

However, I also got the halberd and holy poo poo this is so good.

I'm now focusing on endurance just so I can use the elite knight set too without fatrolling.

I do enjoy that I'm only a few hours deep and I'm already picking Pat up on "No, that's bullshit."

oh snap whaddup fellow Halberd fan. Do not discount the jumping or backstep attacks on that thing. Good news/bad news if you decide to keep playing the Dark Souls series - the Halberd sucks in DaS2, it's awesome again in DaS3

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Remember when George defended Huey Emmerich

wait really? had he not gotten to act 2 yet?

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 7, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
His entire reasoning is there is no hard evidence that points to Huey being responsible for anything that happened.

You know the 10 minutes of you listening to strangelove slowly die as she blames Huey for throwing her in there is apparently not good enough for him.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jan 7, 2017

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Oh man, woolie spent all of his luck in episode 6, he's just getting hosed now

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Karma's definitely biting him for that Undead Parish fight, but part of it is the bad habits from the Drake Sword taking root. Underestimating groups of weak enemies, rushing his R1s only to catch them on walls, getting punished for whiffing over-eager counterhits. All products of having inflated damage with middling range. Which is a shame, cause it looked like he was picking up the enemy rhythm fine beforehand.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Justice Sloth posted:

Karma's definitely biting him for that Undead Parish fight, but part of it is the bad habits from the Drake Sword taking root. Underestimating groups of weak enemies, rushing his R1s only to catch them on walls, getting punished for whiffing over-eager counterhits. All products of having inflated damage with middling range. Which is a shame, cause it looked like he was picking up the enemy rhythm fine beforehand.

Dark Souls will remind him.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
He thinks he has more range than he actually does, dude seems pretty bad at judging spacing and distance on 3D planes (I can relate) considering the Souls LPs and the navigation troubles in every single game ever, hehe.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Watch this to understand Woolie's... issue with range.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ct3PnvI0dU

The Snailborne clip we know was just a summation of a much bigger problem really. Does Woolie wear contacts of any kind?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I can't remember the leeway, how many more bosses can Woolie miss before the solaire quest can't be finished?

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Tae posted:

I can't remember the leeway, how many more bosses can Woolie miss before the solaire quest can't be finished?
Refraining from summoning Solaire for bossfights has no impact on his quest whatsoever, the 3 things that can prevent quest progress are failing to talk to him at story points, failing to enter Lost Izalith through the correct gate, and failing to kill all the Chaos Bugs.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Justice Sloth posted:

Refraining from summoning Solaire for bossfights has no impact on his quest whatsoever, the 3 things that can prevent quest progress are failing to talk to him at story points, failing to enter Lost Izalith through the correct gate, and failing to kill all the Chaos Bugs.

Oooh, you just Pat'd yourself. :smug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

He thinks he has more range than he actually does, dude seems pretty bad at judging spacing and distance on 3D planes (I can relate) considering the Souls LPs and the navigation troubles in every single game ever, hehe.

Also his inability to read.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Dias posted:

Oooh, you just Pat'd yourself. :smug:

That's entirely possible, likely even, but I've heard as many people say otherwise as haven't. Source?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Justice Sloth posted:

That's entirely possible, likely even, but I've heard as many people say otherwise as haven't. Source?

I meant Tae, sorry. I thought about quoting him (him?) first but couldn't be bothered.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://clips.twitch.tv/peachsaliva/BadDugongBCWarrior
Pat straight barfs in his mouth

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Dias posted:

I meant Tae, sorry. I thought about quoting him (him?) first but couldn't be bothered.

Ah ok, I also hosed up, because completing the right checkpoints in the wrong order can also prevent quest progress, which technically should be a separate thing in and of itself. So there are 4 things.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

All that red bull and candy finally caught up with him, eh?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Justice Sloth posted:

Ah ok, I also hosed up, because completing the right checkpoints in the wrong order can also prevent quest progress, which technically should be a separate thing in and of itself. So there are 4 things.

You're all Pat'ing yourselves then.

It's one of the reasons why I don't begrudge Pat for "getting stuff wrong", Souls is stupidly obtuse and you're either playing it very often since release or fact-checking if you can say you remember everything 100%. It's also why I find the stream of OH MY GOD PAT YOU hosed UP THIS MINUTIA kinda dumb and like to mock it, hehe.

Acid reflux is a bitch.

Dias fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 7, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Probably thought about pooping in a public bathroom as per his new year's resolution.

Also, finished the podcast, and SBH's humor-less stuff was excellent for the ending, specially loved Woolie "Should've ended the podcast fifteen minutes ago" Darlington and how he was trying to keep things together.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dias posted:

You're all Pat'ing yourselves then.

It's one of the reasons why I don't begrudge Pat for "getting stuff wrong", Souls is stupidly obtuse and you're either playing it very often since release or fact-checking if you can say you remember everything 100%. It's also why I find the stream of OH MY GOD PAT YOU hosed UP THIS MINUTIA kinda dumb and like to mock it, hehe.

I mean if you're getting real riled up it's dumb, but for what's supposedly his favorite game in the series he gets a shocking amount of stuff wrong. I haven't played Dark Souls in a few years and I remember more than him.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I did not expect this, they're....4 or 5 years late to the party I guess?
Also holy poo poo you can feel Woolie's tension at that intro scene. It's downright palpable.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

HGH posted:

I did not expect this, they're....4 or 5 years late to the party I guess?
Also holy poo poo you can feel Woolie's tension at that intro scene. It's downright palpable.

That's what I thought, but the description got me interested. Hoooo boy can you feel Woolie's discomfort. Three minutes in and this is setting up to be pure aces.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh dear, the fuccbois are doing Isaac.

Oh dear, Woolie is Isaac.

Dias fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 7, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oh god my inner backseat gamer is going to go crazy with this LP

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Woolie's doing ok for a blind run. I know I did much worse.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PiedPiper posted:

Woolie's doing ok for a blind run. I know I did much worse.

Pat made it to Depths 2, might not have been his first run ever but it's definitely one of his first ones.

also

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/817250262154760192

bitch rear end [BENOIT] ghosts are canon now

Dias fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 7, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Of all games and of the best friends I'd expect not to play it, woolie and pat playing binding of Isaac is the combination of game and duo I'd least expect to do a video of it. Can't watch it right now, but Woolie's religious upbringing and pat hating bodily excretions make this sound like it'd be a real awkward time though

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Andrast posted:

Oh god my inner backseat gamer is going to go crazy with this LP

I feel you, it's like Woolie was actively avoiding gold rooms for a while, but he doesn't know so w/e. Isaac is a great game to stream, I hope Pat or Woolie follows up with one.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I hope they try streaming some of it later cause I really want to see their reactions to the later poo poo like the womb.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Genocyber posted:

I hope they try streaming some of it later cause I really want to see their reactions to the later poo poo like the womb.

Yeah, and I think they'd enjoy having chat there to ask what a given item/room actually does. Isaac has some loving obtuse poo poo in it, and it's fun to discover and all, but sometimes you just want to know what the gently caress a smelly fish does.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

In my own DaS first-time: Balder Side Sword dropped, and I actually prefer longsword.

However, I also got the halberd and holy poo poo this is so good.

I'm now focusing on endurance just so I can use the elite knight set too without fatrolling.

I do enjoy that I'm only a few hours deep and I'm already picking Pat up on "No, that's bullshit."

The longsword is very good and reliable

The halberd is VERY good

there's a lot of good weapons in dark souls

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

also pat backseating while actively letting woolie avoid the lautrec content is something else

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
The important part of the lautrec content will happen on its own so its fine.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

ApeHawk posted:

All that red bull and candy finally caught up with him, eh?

He ate two entire chocolate oranges and took a sip of coconut water then after vomiting drank two red bulls and continued eating chocolate for the rest of the stream.

He thinks the coconut water made him sick.

EDIT: also painkillers

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 8, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that binding of isaac video was extremely good and also extremely, unbelievably awkward

woolie finding out the truth of what binding of isaac is might be in the top 5 best friends moments for me. Pat not telling him when woolie suggested it as a game to play was amazingly assholish but perfect in every way

they 100% need to continue doing videos for it, possibly via twitch streams so people can chime in with deets on items, mechanics, etc. better than just sending them to a wiki to drown in a sea of choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Captain Invictus posted:

they 100% need to continue doing videos for it, possibly via twitch streams so people can chime in with deets on items, mechanics, etc. better than just sending them to a wiki to drown in a sea of choices.

There's a mod on the steam workshop that adds descriptions of the items to the upper left corner of the screen when you stand near them.