Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Majorian posted:

Who wouldn't want more people like this lady in their town?

Also becoming like SF Googletown and Seattle Amazontown is a good thing?

Before you know you will have tech bros showing up the local bars to pitch their next startup ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Condiv posted:

They literally assassinated black panthers. Drugged them till they were in a coma-like sleep then raided their apartment and shot them in their beds (still sleeping too)

I had heard they had killed black panthers in raids, unjustly, before this batch of reading, but I hadn't realized the extent to which you can take whatever it is you read and heard about and look at the reality and it was somehow even more common and even more hosed up than you were lead to believe.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

consumed by normies posted:

im the inspirational don draper quote on her twitter header

i was just looking at that

then i came across this

https://twitter.com/MJB_SF/status/817420984487510016

also im the 60s style horned rimmed glasses, which signifies to not take seriously

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

In a month she'll be writing for HuffPo.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Melinda Byerley you are so sassy with your hot takes :allears:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Looks out window and sees tech bro commuting to work on a SoloWheel

Wow, the sure is progressive progress!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

CrumFUNist! posted:

In a month she'll be writing for HuffPo.

I dunno, I need to see if she can write a thinkpiece about how Kim Kardashian is really a feminist figure.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Melinda Byerley sounds like a 70s sitcom name for a rich arrogant lady.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao she's another midwest transplant who moved to the Bay Area.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Happy 911 :O

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Yossarian-22 posted:

Happy 911 :O

Appreciate the congrats

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

consumed by normies posted:

Melinda Byerley sounds like a 70s sitcom name for a rich arrogant lady.

or a NYT bestseller novel titled

"The Curious Case of Melinda Byerley"

etalian posted:

lmao she's another midwest transplant who moved to the Bay Area.

upgraded~

fygm

fiberoptic you, got mine

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
sf is a bad place 4 bad people

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's really funny when transplants to the Bay Area try to adopt the whole progressive and lets lecture/get offended over everything attitude.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

logikv9 posted:

a shithole with stupid people, you might say

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lastgirl posted:

He saw Keith Ellison's business card and broke into a sweat.

the subtle off coloring, the watermark...*gasp* it's eggshell.

gavin newsom in a nutshell p much

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

logikv9 posted:

Maybe, but California's going to be a lot more livable of a place than the rest of the country for the next 4-8 years.:laugh:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Majorian posted:

Maybe, but California's going to be a lot more livable of a place than the rest of the country for the next 4-8 years.:laugh:

Nice try but I'm not falling for that trap! *clutches blue state pearls*

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Isn't the tech bubble supposed to pop soon?

Please say yes

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
Bernie Would Have Won Acclaim From The Capitalists Because He Is Their Stooge

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

etalian posted:

Looks out window and sees tech bro commuting to work on a SoloWheel

Wow, the sure is progressive progress!

She ignores the legions of homeless people and probably asks them to be removed from her viewing area.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Lastgirl posted:

or a NYT bestseller novel titled

"The Curious Case of Melinda Byerley"

upgraded~

fygm

fiberoptic you, got mine

fubar if true

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

I live in the bay area and work in San Francisco, maybe I should hang out in the Financial District so I can hopefully see her and punch her in her stupid loving face.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

logikv9 posted:

east bay seems p good to me so far at least

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

CrumFUNist! posted:

She ignores the legions of homeless people and probably asks them to be removed from her viewing area.

She was trying to have lunch with her PARENTS, and the drat hobos ruined their meal!

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

logikv9 posted:

Bay area used to produce great bands.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

east bay seems p good to me so far at least

It is. Savor it while it lasts.:smith:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I'm in the east bay so we should all migrate to the bay area thread on here and then migrate to meet irl

Disclaimer: This is a bad idea

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

I live in the bay area and work in San Francisco, maybe I should hang out in the Financial District so I can hopefully see her and punch her in her stupid loving face.

bad idea imo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Isn't the tech bubble supposed to pop soon?

Please say yes

well stock market and private equity is pretty overvalued right now.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm still gagging from that tweet I posted. Can I get a Bernie kiss gif please.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when this bubble pops, can we finally bust out the torches and pitchforks and form restless mobs?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i will never not lol that some a yall believed a fukken senator when he was calling for revolution

literally as dumb as truck voters just not as strong nor evil in your convictions

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
My friends call me "one of the original full-stack marketers." My consultancy, TimeShareCMO.com has a simple purpose: data + story = profit.

High growth internet businesses are my passion. I enjoy advising CEOs and strategic marketers on how to get the most out of their digital marketing budgets. As a marketer, I'm especially skilled at creating content and social media presences that engage audiences and invite conversation in authentic and creative ways. All of this is measured and backed with data, as I am also an expert in the implementation and usage of measurement and testing tools.

Who I am:

*I am kind, but I will be the person in the room who asks questions others might fear to ask, and am persistent about using productive conflict to get results. In high growth businesses, there's no room for festering concerns.
*I am a servant leader and find joy in helping coworkers to put the best into and get the most out of their work. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than work with jerks. Life's just too short. I'm not a fan of businesses that take advantage of their customers or treat them poorly.
*Sitting next to me in coach on an international flight is not a painful experience, unless you take my armrest, in which case all bets are off.

Specialties:

Business models that are about selling something(subscriptions/transactions/marketplaces) vs selling ads
Selecting and implementing marketing technology tools
Content marketing/social media: creating content that draws users to a brand
Named on HuffPo as a top woman in tech to follow on Twitter: http://huff.to/pirQlR
Business Development with F500 Partners

A word about new connections: I do appreciate networking via this platform so don't hesitate to send an email to say Hi. But please note that I do not accept blank connection requests.

If you are interested in "picking my brain" I invite you to set up time via Clarity.fm here: https://clarity.fm/melindabyerley

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

when this bubble pops, can we finally bust out the torches and pitchforks and form restless mobs?

well VC bros said the working class was seeking to kill them, so might as well make their fantasy come true.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
never forget your stupid loving cuck sqeeen collapsed on 911 and lost satan's shoe and was tossed into a black SUV like a bundle of sticks by her secret service like it happens every aday

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

*Sitting next to me in coach on an international flight is not a painful experience, unless you take my armrest, in which case all bets are off.

ofc she cant even be friendly enough to handle coach or baller enough to afford first class. just fukken of course

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Ace of Baes posted:

My friends call me "one of the original full-stack marketers." My consultancy, TimeShareCMO.com has a simple purpose: data + story = profit.

High growth internet businesses are my passion. I enjoy advising CEOs and strategic marketers on how to get the most out of their digital marketing budgets. As a marketer, I'm especially skilled at creating content and social media presences that engage audiences and invite conversation in authentic and creative ways. All of this is measured and backed with data, as I am also an expert in the implementation and usage of measurement and testing tools.

Who I am:

*I am kind, but I will be the person in the room who asks questions others might fear to ask, and am persistent about using productive conflict to get results. In high growth businesses, there's no room for festering concerns.
*I am a servant leader and find joy in helping coworkers to put the best into and get the most out of their work. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than work with jerks. Life's just too short. I'm not a fan of businesses that take advantage of their customers or treat them poorly.

Specialties:

Business models that are about selling something(subscriptions/transactions/marketplaces) vs selling ads
Selecting and implementing marketing technology tools
Content marketing/social media: creating content that draws users to a brand
Named on HuffPo as a top woman in tech to follow on Twitter: http://huff.to/pirQlR
Business Development with F500 Partners

A word about new connections: I do appreciate networking via this platform so don't hesitate to send an email to say Hi. But please note that I do not accept blank connection requests.

If you are interested in "picking my brain" I invite you to set up time via Clarity.fm here: https://clarity.fm/melindabyerley

I want to break into her house when she is away for a weekend and throw a insane party and leave the mess.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

literally as dumb as truck voters just not as strong nor evil in your convictions

If we voted for trucks we could've had a second president Ford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jeb did this page, btw

• Locked thread