Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't you change back to the base version in Odin Sphere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can't you change back to the base version in Odin Sphere?

There should be a "Classic Mode" option at the title screen. I've never tried it but I've heard it sucks.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Really Pants posted:

There should be a "Classic Mode" option at the title screen. I've never tried it but I've heard it sucks.

It's because original odin sphere sucked.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

the whole appeal of Muramasa when it first came out was Odin Sphere but with good combat. But then that got hamstrung by being on the wii with really annoying controls and it took that getting remastered for Vita to live up to its potential.

What I'm saying is I'm looking forward to the PS5 dragon's crown remake.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Zaggitz posted:

PS5 dragon's crown remake.

Day One.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dragons Crown was pretty good though.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

So just imagine how much better it'll be when they decide it needs remastering.

Realtalk though, I really wanna know more about Vanillaware's new game. It's supposed to be some kind of sci fi mech game, with their art style itll be fuckin awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe with this mecha game they'll finally just nail something totally first try

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
First they have to finish that robot game we haven't heard anything about for a while now.
EDIT: Beat me to it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

In Training posted:

Like all Vanillaware games it's about double the length it should be

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Improbable Lobster posted:

Like all Vanillaware games it's about double the length it should be

I actually would like even more environments to shoot/ride monsters in, but I didn't do anything after I beat the story so who knows.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/06/playstation-stores-top-downloads-of-2016/

Wow. 4/10 games actually came from this year. Digimon even managed to outsell Minecraft.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I just remote-played The Division for a few minutes, and I noticed it was actually using a Vita-specific control scheme (d-pad down to run, instead of L3, which I believe would normally be mapped to rear touch in remote play). What other PS4 games do this?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Looking at the EU sale again I have to ask, what the hell is Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters: Daybreak Special Gigs. Every review goes "I have no idea how half of this works, I cant's stop licking people in conversations, but fine, 7/10"
Also, WTF is World of Final Fantasy?
And Grand Kingdom, while I'm at it. The auto translated store description doesn't help.

Dehry posted:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/06/playstation-stores-top-downloads-of-2016/

Wow. 4/10 games actually came from this year. Digimon even managed to outsell Minecraft.
Jak & Daxter selling more than Ratchet & Clank is a disgrace.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Dehry posted:

I'm surprised to see XCOM so high on the list after its stealth launch and general low profile. Not many games just turn up on the store unannounced.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

SelenicMartian posted:

Looking at the EU sale again I have to ask, what the hell is Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters: Daybreak Special Gigs. Every review goes "I have no idea how half of this works, I cant's stop licking people in conversations, but fine, 7/10"
And Grand Kingdom, while I'm at it. The auto translated store description doesn't help.

Jak & Daxter selling more than Ratchet & Clank is a disgrace.

Tokyo Twilight Hunters acts as a strategy/light novel-esque game. The part about the licking is one of a couple of options in terms of how you interact with characters. The other options are eye, hand, and heart if I remember. The options are clearly explained so you're left to guess what they do. I'm guessing Daybreak Special Gigs is just the same in term of the options.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ripley posted:

I'm surprised to see XCOM so high on the list after its stealth launch and general low profile. Not many games just turn up on the store unannounced.

I'm starting to look at the sale prices of the games that were from this year and in November it was $4.99. Digimon was $15.99. Probably the same with Jack and Daxter.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I beat one of the routes in Gal Gun and that game is fairly competent if insanely skeevy.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Captain Baal posted:

I beat one of the routes in Gal Gun and that game is fairly competent if insanely skeevy.
If you find that game to be insanely skeevy, I've got bad news about the Vita library

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do you think I am not aware of the Vita library

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

It's pokemon with final fantasy monsters that you stack on top of each other.

It's pretty good.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 6, 2017

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Minidust posted:

I just remote-played The Division for a few minutes, and I noticed it was actually using a Vita-specific control scheme (d-pad down to run, instead of L3, which I believe would normally be mapped to rear touch in remote play). What other PS4 games do this?

I know at least FFXIV changes your control setup, it's always good to check.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

TV Zombie posted:

Tokyo Twilight Hunters acts as a strategy/light novel-esque game. The part about the licking is one of a couple of options in terms of how you interact with characters. The other options are eye, hand, and heart if I remember. The options are clearly explained so you're left to guess what they do. I'm guessing Daybreak Special Gigs is just the same in term of the options.

There are two options everytime you get an interact thing. The first one is like the mood, so you have heart (love), handshake (friend), punch fist (angry), etc. Then you get how to interact which I think were eye, nose, tongue and touch. So when you meet someone you can give them a friendly handshake or just lick their face.

This stuff only affects what ending you get and it is really a pain in the rear end to get them all. I never played the original but daylight I think added even more. It's a fun game but the ghost catching part is actually pretty easy.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Can you nose people angrily?
And is there any depth to the ghost hunting at all, or is it just something to spice up the VN?

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

SelenicMartian posted:

Can you nose people angrily?
And is there any depth to the ghost hunting at all, or is it just something to spice up the VN?

You can use that combo but I don't know what the results would be. Most of the smell options I tried just said something like "he smells like cigarettes."

Hmm, not much depth. It gets harder but once you understand how it works and get more items, it really is the same strategy every fight.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

and the animations are so slow that playing it feels like death.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I didn't know playing it was my life

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Minidust posted:

Ubisoft does this, AC Black flag and Syndicate, Watch Dogs 2 are all quite playable on the Vita due to the actual specific control scheme used for them. Putting the least critical controls on the rear touch helps.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The destiny controls are p. good

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
it would be good if someone made a list of good remote play games

im not gonna do it

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I had all sorts of trouble with Neptunia VII since the touch pad brings up a menu screen.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Minidust posted:

The Division inspiration and forebear Destiny does it, too. I so wish the souls games did something like that because parrying in Bloodborne is so terrible with remote play, even apart from the latency issues.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Trying to play MGS5 was an exercise in frustration. Diablo 3 works alright except for the R2 skill, though I guess you could turn on "bind anything" mode and swap it out for a less used skill, come to think of it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Selling the best Vita game ever for $13 (P4:G) here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804467

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

gta v is good in remote play

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

gta v is good in remote play

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If I like Tales games (Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia are the ones I've played) is Tales Of Hearts good? It has mediocre reviews, but every Tales game has mediocre reviews so that doesn't really tell me much.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

One of those Utawarerumono games is coming overseas.

loquacius posted:

If I like Tales games (Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia are the ones I've played) is Tales Of Hearts good? It has mediocre reviews, but every Tales game has mediocre reviews so that doesn't really tell me much.

I liked it. Thought it was fun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tales of Hearts is good. Its biggest flaws are basically that it's kind of Generic Tales and the translation (for good or ill) leans too hard on adding jokes for its own good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

loquacius posted:

It's a solid game in almost all areas with the exception of music.

Edit: I forgot, there's also one village where they decided to go with an incredibly dumb localization choice.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 9, 2017