Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Asterix's artist's workspace and some amount of art destroyed in a fire :(
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01/07/albert-uderzos-paintings-drawings-burn-ground/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Aphrodite posted:

Well that's a very thorough answer, wow.

I bet Wheat Loaf didn't expect that.

When Benito steps up, most of us just step back and let him do his thing.

haitfais fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 8, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gummy Joe posted:

According to the Superman: The Animated Series, it breaks down into "Mix. Yes. Spit. Lick", which you kinda smear together into "Mixyesspittlick"

But, uh, there's been a bit of variation over the years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuRqVg6tHcE

Of course he gives out a loving collection quest in the lovely MMO.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Well that's a very thorough answer, wow.

I bet Wheat Loaf didn't expect that.

Indeed not. Many thanks to Benito for satisfying my curiosity so thoroughly.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01/07/albert-uderzos-paintings-drawings-burn-ground/

gently caress.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Endless Mike posted:

Of course he gives out a loving collection quest in the lovely MMO.

Multiple. That rear end in a top hat was involved in a few holiday events.

Look, I went deep down the DCUO rabbit hole for a year, don't judge me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every time I think of playing that game a bit I load it up and remember how limited the customizing is.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
The big issue is there's a fuckload to play with in the costuming... If you find the styles. And some of them led you down some miserable loving grinds.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

END ME SCOOB posted:

The big issue is there's a fuckload to play with in the costuming... If you find the styles. And some of them led you down some miserable loving grinds.

Yeah, and they're not account wide.

Also apparently it's impossible to make a name these days. Not only are they all taken by now but the creator has bugs and can deny even available names to you.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I think they were discussing making styles account-wide when I last popped in. I have to hand them this: after the lead changed, they really started getting pro-player in most decisions.

Hell, I almost started playing again at that point but there was an entire new skill system and I never felt like learning from square one to revive Billy Jeans.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Indeed not. Many thanks to Benito for satisfying my curiosity so thoroughly.

Hey, no problem. Talking about the minutiae of weird old comics is one of my main things.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/817901534948179968

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
That made my weekend.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Teenage Fansub posted:

At 90yo... I hope he doesnt havent a coronary. His legacy just went up in smoke

:rip: even though it means less than nothing

Stay alive for your children

Please

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gummy Joe posted:

According to the Superman: The Animated Series, it breaks down into "Mix. Yes. Spit. Lick", which you kinda smear together into "Mixyesspittlick"

But, uh, there's been a bit of variation over the years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuRqVg6tHcE

Lmao, superman just threatened to murder that guy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
E

site fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 8, 2017

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
E

site fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 8, 2017

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
E

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

site posted:

His legacy just went up in smoke

It's awful, but for any consolation, the article said he'd just been working there for a few months and called it 'decorated' which doesn't sound like it housed his collection.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's awful, but for any consolation, the article said he'd just been working there for a few months and called it 'decorated' which doesn't sound like it housed his collection.

Bleedingcool is known for sensationalist headlines.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea, thankfully it sounds like Bleedingcool was being Bleedingcool and he 'only' lost what he decorated the hanger with. Obviously still very sad because basically anything done by Uderzo getting torched sucks, but it seems his actual collection is safe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Today I took every Gerard Jones comic I could find in the back issues (all six of them) and threw them in the garbage.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Today I took every Gerard Jones comic I could find in the back issues (all six of them) and threw them in the garbage.

I have several of the Justice League Europes he co-wrote with Keith Giffen bound into two of my hardcovers, many of which are signed by Giffen, Bart Sears, and the late Marshall Rogers (but not Jones).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea, thankfully it sounds like Bleedingcool was being Bleedingcool and he 'only' lost what he decorated the hanger with. Obviously still very sad because basically anything done by Uderzo getting torched sucks, but it seems his actual collection is safe.

I dunno man I'd loving torch Asterix and the Falling Sky if you gave me a chance.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

On the one hand Mosaic is so so so good, but on the other hand gently caress that guy

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

So as it turns out, I just bought the jupiter's legacy/circle trades, and I already had them. How would I go about trading them with another goon? Put feelers out here or post in SA mart and cross post in one of these threads?

Thanks

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I have several of the Justice League Europes he co-wrote with Keith Giffen bound into two of my hardcovers, many of which are signed by Giffen, Bart Sears, and the late Marshall Rogers (but not Jones).

Time to tear those pages out!

I kid. But seriously, gently caress Jones. I had to unfriend a few "comic bros" on Facebook because they were defending him on the merits of his past works.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think it's okay to enjoy the works of a detestable person.

It's not okay to argue that someone can't be detestable because you enjoy their works.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/chrissgardner/status/818314520108023809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

edit: Can the costume thread be unlocked?

It's urgent.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 9, 2017

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Spiderman can never smile what is this

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Looks like how they used to draw Leech's face

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This just in, Donald Glover to star in upcoming Youngblood film.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Man, I would be on any other PAD/Bags project like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm, but I am just constitutionally incapable of giving a poo poo about Ben Reilly.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

This just in, Donald Glover to star in upcoming Youngblood Brigade film.

You know Rob just sold the rights.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

site posted:

Spiderman can never smile what is this
The smile's fine. Stealing Gwen's hood is unacceptable.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Is he stealing Gwen's hood, or going back to his own old hood?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

You know Rob just sold the rights.
Well, sort of. Supposedly Rob doesn't actually own any of his Extreme/Maximum stuff anymore.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Safe to say there's no more Ostrander Spectre collected trades coming?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Safe to say there's no more Ostrander Spectre collected trades coming?

All 63 issues are available on comixology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Mr Hootington posted:

All 63 issues are available on comixology.

That's nice and all but I, and I assume Gros, have the first two collections on our shelves and want the rest that way. At least Vertigo books seem to make it out, although I half expect the Unwritten deluxes to stop after a couple.

• Locked thread