Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

You can't do it alone !

EPISODE ENDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
What an awkward cut.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo this is boring, and I'm one of the schmucks who defended IBO.

Like, say what you will about IBO but at least they had the good sense to end on an action scene and get people hyped for the next one

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
i'm tremendously unimpressed

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

That girl is the last surviving member of the Space Hitler family.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TwoPair posted:

IBO started fast

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Yeah, I'm not really into this show. The original OVAs aren't much better but they flow a lot better

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

Full Frontal has not come in yet.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

That fight with the not!Zaku was pretty cool

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
Honestly I don't think most of y'all will like the show, but at least give it another 2 episodes. Remember it's supposed to be a movie, they just chopped it up for tv

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Funky Valentine posted:

That girl is the last surviving member of the Space Hitler family.

Well only her uncle Ghiren was space Hitler. Honestly quite a few of the Zabi's were not too bad. Her dad was one of the better ones for sure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TwoPair posted:

Like, say what you will about IBO but at least they had the good sense to end on an action scene and get people hyped for the next one

That's what happens when you cut a series of movies into a TV series.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
If you're lost, just know that there are three tv series and one movie's worth of backstory to Unicorn. Maybe not the best way to introduce UC to the modern American audience.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Full Frontal has not come in yet.

With a name like that, I have to admit I'm intrigued.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well only her uncle Ghiren was space Hitler. Honestly quite a few of the Zabi's were not too bad. Her dad was one of the better ones for sure.

Ghiren was a big enough Space Hitler that he tainted the entire bloodline.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Anyway we learn another bit about Nen in this episode.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

If this was originally a movie, how many episodes are there?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

StalkofWheat posted:

If you're lost, just know that there are three tv series and one movie's worth of backstory to Unicorn. Maybe not the best way to introduce UC to the modern American audience.

The show wouldn't be that confusing had not but that first two minute sequence which was just baffling.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Tarodia posted:

Remember it's supposed to be a movie, they just chopped it up for tv

when the gently caress has that kind of strategy ever, EVER, resulted in anything that could be described as being better than "aggressively mediocre"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SgtSteel91 posted:

If this was originally a movie, how many episodes are there?

It was originally 7 OVA's.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
Her dad shot at the original Gundam with a machine gun after ejecting out of his suit. That's his claim to fame

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
it's still bugging me

TUCK YOUR loving SHIRT IN

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Polygynous posted:

it's still bugging me

TUCK YOUR loving SHIRT IN

Zushi already told him that.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Each Unicorn OVA episode ranged from 50 to 90 minutes

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
does aura show up on video? mysteries.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I am actually liking unicorn so far but it's early and IBO didn't lose me till like 4 and I hated it by like 8

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Sooo the camera picked up Hisoka's aura, but his ability to conceal it was passed to every copy of the video, and you have to see through it?

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
If anyone plans on checking out the original Mobile Suit Gundam, they got the reverse treatment and were made into a move trilogy with some touched up animation, and they're pretty great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All this explanation stuff is super loving boring. Really don't give a poo poo about any of the mechanics behind any of this.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Nens a cool power system. Though there is one more step before it becomes really interesting. (And one more after that which makes it awesome)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

X Hunter (heh) dudes creep me out.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

it's amazing to me how Dragonball of all things is managing to be more interesting than the mech show or the show about D&D PCs

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

All this explanation stuff is super loving boring. Really don't give a poo poo about any of the mechanics behind any of this.
It has occurred to me over the course of its Toonami run that Hunter x Hunter is really better if you binge it

Understanding the mechanics improves your enjoyment of several of the later fights, but yeah it is tedious if you spend week after week getting the details doled out to you

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It's pretty front loaded so once it's done it's done.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

How much longer does this explanation garbage happen because I am like 2 seconds away from just dropping this series.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

How much longer does this explanation garbage happen because I am like 2 seconds away from just dropping this series.

I think this is the last episode.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

There are literally just 3 more episodes in the Heaven's Arena arc

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

"Hello? Is this Gon?

...Is your refrigerator running?"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

This dude is loving dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mistake.

• Locked thread