Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Powaqoatse posted:

thats the child molester who is fat and looks like dennis.

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i think we agree actually

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Heads up if you decide to go to Wikipedia to see what upcoming episode titles are, they also include one-sentence abstracts that are inexplicably spoiler heavy, to the point that in one case it spoils the death of a significant character in the show.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Ballz posted:

Heads up if you decide to go to Wikipedia to see what upcoming episode titles are, they also include one-sentence abstracts that are inexplicably spoiler heavy, to the point that in one case it spoils the death of a significant character in the show.

What like "Mac and Charlie Die" ?

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Only 8 episodes? Bozos

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Special Agent Jack Bauer, you were too good for this world.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

NonzeroCircle posted:

Only 8 episodes? Bozos

There are ten. Only first 8 are listed.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Special Agent Jack Bauer, you were too good for this world.

That reminds me, is Poppins still around or did he actually die at some point?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Powaqoatse posted:

i think we agree actually

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

God Hole posted:

It's... a bit more than that. It's not one of the Gang, though, and it's a side character who's arguably way past wearing out their welcome.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Old Black Man no!

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Ballz posted:

That's not a "significant character."

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

God Hole posted:

No.

bunky posted:

That's not a "significant character."

I'm trying to not be a jabroni by dropping any hints.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's Dee, Dee is going to die. Sorry for spoilering it for everyone.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Eeeverybody's dyin, bitch

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Missionary Positron posted:

That reminds me, is Poppins still around or did he actually die at some point?

Mac mentions when they lived in the Suburbs that he didn't have a dog since Poppins was gone (something like that).

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I just watched The Mick, and, I dunno, it seems pretty generic to me. Generic for the modern sitcom landscape, I mean. It's not bad at all, but I can't say I'd care about it if Kaitlin wasn't in it.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Few days late but:
I wasn't sure what to expect but it wasn't that.
I dunno, I thought it was pretty good in parts. I guess I can get why people don't like the surreal/gimmicky episodes because the classic Sunny scheme formula is so great that weird musical Quantum Leap episodes distracting from that can be disappointing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dead Precedents posted:

Mac mentions when they lived in the Suburbs that he didn't have a dog since Poppins was gone (something like that).

He'll be back.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
What's the perfect introductory episode to Always Sunny? If you were going to try to get someone hooked on the show, what's the one that really sums up each character and what you can expect more of?

By way of example, for Archer that episode is Placebo Effect, where he finds his cancer meds have been replaced with sugar pills and Zima by the Irish mob and he goes on a rampage. Every character is involved in a way that perfectly sets off that character, but doesn't require any contextual awareness on the part of the viewer. What's it for Always Sunny?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Gang Broke Dee is a good starter.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Phanatic posted:

What's the perfect introductory episode to Always Sunny? If you were going to try to get someone hooked on the show, what's the one that really sums up each character and what you can expect more of?

By way of example, for Archer that episode is Placebo Effect, where he finds his cancer meds have been replaced with sugar pills and Zima by the Irish mob and he goes on a rampage. Every character is involved in a way that perfectly sets off that character, but doesn't require any contextual awareness on the part of the viewer. What's it for Always Sunny?

The first episode I watched (and still possibly my favorite, definitely one of the best 30 minutes of television comedy) that hooked me was The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis. It literally tells you each character's role(s) and culminates in a hilarious scene that ties together all the episode's previous plot lines.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Waltzing Along posted:

The Gang Broke Dee is a good starter.

Way too self referential, imo.

I agree that "Gas Crisis" is great but maybe go with "The Gang Gets Trapped".

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Phanatic posted:

I think The Gang Exploits a Miracle would be a great intro. Charlie and Frank are scheming, Dennis is obsessed with his image, Dee is a stupid bird bitch who tries to seduce a priest and then when she finally wins him over she doesn't care anymore, Mac is a religious zealot, and you get a first glimpse of Cricket before he falls apart. It's not my favorite episode by far, but I think it's a great glimpse in to their characters.

edit:

mastajake posted:

The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis.

Oooh, this too.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I've always thought The Gang Dances Their Asses Off is a great episode to start with.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I think the Extreme Home Makeover episode was my first exposure to Sunny and it was the perfect example of the gang taking an absurd, funny concept and ramping it up to 11 for no particular reason. I was hooked after that.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare is a great introduction to all of the characters and it's early enough to not be full of references. Sweet Dee is Dating a Retarded Person is also a fantastic choice because of the weird intergroup dynamics and, of course, the first time we get a Nightman reference.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Phanatic posted:

What's the perfect introductory episode to Always Sunny?

I've always been partial to The Gang Hits the Road, since that's where I started. The Gang Buys a Boat is also excellent.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The show from the start is the best intro because it starts slightly less insane and then ramps up

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Chardee MacDennis is a good starter, too. As is Award, though that needs a bit of explanation beforehand.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Zzulu posted:

The show from the start is the best intro because it starts slightly less insane and then ramps up

this

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
100 Dollar Baby is my go-to introductory episode for new victims fans

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

Chardee MacDennis is a good starter, too. As is Award, though that needs a bit of explanation beforehand.

Award's very meta, though. In almost the exact same way as season 3 of Arrested Development.

I'd suggest The Gang Dines Out, because of how well they play off eachother and take advantage of Guigino's, but you don't see the bar at all which would be weird as an introduction.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've gotten no less than three people hooked on the show with Chardee MacDennis.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think "Gang Solves the Gas Crisis" is a really good start. It captures the group dynamic, but doesn't really build on too many previous jokes.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

sector_corrector posted:

I think "Gang Solves the Gas Crisis" is a really good start. It captures the group dynamic, but doesn't really build on too many previous jokes.

It was the first one I saw. Before I hadn't seen any because I didn't have cable at the time. Perfect introduction.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Gang Gives Back. It's the first one I saw and I feel it sums up the series perfectly.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Some dude in the Always Sunny-subreddit makes awesome gifs:

http://i.imgur.com/4pWazI8.gifv

Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet
So I don't know if this has been brought up but I'm doing a rewatch of the series and noticed some insane attention to detail continuity they have going on. In the episode Dennis & Dee Get A New Dad, Charlie tries to give himself a prison tattoo. Every time he wears short sleeves after that, the tattoo is still visible, like to the point where people have speculated that Charlie Day actually got the tattoo. Seriously, look on his left arm for his lovely Bad New tat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Didn't they fix the apartment at the end of season 10 with the asskickers? Why in 11 are they at Dees still and get the old man who they are now still with in 12