Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If anyone's curious about whether it was a "marketing firm" or an "online resume" then plugging the web address into google search reveals that in fact it's neither - it's lorem ipsum.

It also reveals that he's scrubbed it off his linkedin. Which, if it were really a resume, you wouldn't do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

shills within shills

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

You'd think by now CIG would pony up real cash for a marketing firm, Wolf Larsen where are youuuuu?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Sappo569 posted:

You'd think by now CIG would pony up real cash for a marketing firm, Wolf Larsen where are youuuuu?

He's busy hosting a star marine tournament for 3 people that the community managers are actively promoting on twitter

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Maybe, but this is kind of new. This is CIG directly linking itself to transparently bottom-of-the-barrel scam tactics. Before there was always some shadow of a doubt, maybe they were just brutally incompetent or maybe Chris was kind of a perfect storm of greed and stupidity but the project wasn't a scam, per se. But this is the second or third time in a month that they've used a fake news site to push lies about the state of progress. It is really easy to see through. And it indicates some pretty loving serious contempt for the critical thinking skills of the fan base.

Or, more unfortunately, an incredibly accurate assessment of them.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I predict MoMA will have quite a lot of extra posts in the morning.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I hope Derek is compiling all the paid for marketing articles, those could come in real handy for a law suit

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

TontoCorazon posted:

Can someone explain to me why there's so many people so excited for this game when it took 6 years just to get to an almost useless alpha. It really shouldn't take a company 6 years just to get to early alpha.

Also the fps part looks loving awful.

Lol, 6 years? Development started 3 hours ago so they're right on schedule compared to every triple A game ever made.

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016

Xaerael posted:

It's easier to describe the sun to a blind man.

When I was a boy, in the 70's, a blind man came to our school and spoke to us about being blind, and I remember him telling us that people often spoke to him in a very loud voice as if he were deaf and not blind. We had kid in our class named Ryan that had a mental disability. At the time, the teachers told us that Ryan was retarded and it wasn't offensive, but I was seven so maybe it was. Ryan was a source of endless humor to the rest of us; and not a cruel species of humor, but something that I would describe as "A form of 'joy' peculiar to innocent children." Well, Ryan tried to ask the man a question, but Ryan asked through a teacher. At this, the blind man exclaimed "Behold! This little prick is an example of what I mean! He thinks I'm deaf, so he asks the teacher to speak to me!" //paraphrased. So that struck me as being hosed, because Ryan didn't keep pace with oral communication very well; also, we were all seven or eight years old. Ryan eventually was able to ask what exactly the blind man saw since he couldn't see anything. The blind man said that he saw what we would see if we tried to see what was behind us without turning around. He said that it wasn't black, there just wasn't anything to see.

A few years later when I was in the third grade I checked out the novel "The NeverEnding Story" from the school library. When the prose treated on the subject of the Nothing I had a ready experience that I could recall and use to really capture the author's intent with. Years and years later I again found "The NeverEnding Story" at a bookstore in Syracuse, NY while I was stationed at Ft Drum. I recommended it to many people and lent my copy out at least a dozen times while I was in the Army. Unfortunately, I feel that I was never able to communicate effectively what the Nothing "looked" like. It still nags me today.

I have the same feels when I try to explain why I'm lol'ing so hard when I read this thread.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

BeefThief posted:

Let me get this straight...they worked on Star Marine for a year after scrapping a previous, mostly complete version of it, and only about 1000 people have played it? WTFOSaurus, who is presumably paid by CIG to stream their game, has played the most of anyone in the world, at 30 hours?

More than that have tried it (about 70k), but most have played played less than an hours worth. They have an orders of magnitude better engagement than equivalent indie releases ($20 multiplayer only shooter). But yeah, compared to AAA they are garbage stats.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Raskolnikov posted:

Sometimes I touch the poop.

Prepare for doxxing.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

alf_pogs posted:

shills within shills

A Shillception.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Richie Stardust posted:

When I was a boy, in the 70's, a blind man came to our school and spoke to us about being blind, and I remember him telling us that people often spoke to him in a very loud voice as if he were deaf and not blind. We had kid in our class named Ryan that had a mental disability. At the time, the teachers told us that Ryan was retarded and it wasn't offensive, but I was seven so maybe it was. Ryan was a source of endless humor to the rest of us; and not a cruel species of humor, but something that I would describe as "A form of 'joy' peculiar to innocent children." Well, Ryan tried to ask the man a question, but Ryan asked through a teacher. At this, the blind man exclaimed "Behold! This little prick is an example of what I mean! He thinks I'm deaf, so he asks the teacher to speak to me!" //paraphrased. So that struck me as being hosed, because Ryan didn't keep pace with oral communication very well; also, we were all seven or eight years old. Ryan eventually was able to ask what exactly the blind man saw since he couldn't see anything. The blind man said that he saw what we would see if we tried to see what was behind us without turning around. He said that it wasn't black, there just wasn't anything to see.

A few years later when I was in the third grade I checked out the novel "The NeverEnding Story" from the school library. When the prose treated on the subject of the Nothing I had a ready experience that I could recall and use to really capture the author's intent with. Years and years later I again found "The NeverEnding Story" at a bookstore in Syracuse, NY while I was stationed at Ft Drum. I recommended it to many people and lent my copy out at least a dozen times while I was in the Army. Unfortunately, I feel that I was never able to communicate effectively what the Nothing "looked" like. It still nags me today.

I have the same feels when I try to explain why I'm lol'ing so hard when I read this thread.

btw Ortwin Freyermouth was an executive on The Neverending Story 2.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

looking forward to giant flying lucky labradors in star citizen

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

btw Ortwin Freyermouth was an executive on The Neverending Story 2.

I still remember watching that in theaters when I was 6 and being disappointed by it.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Regrettable posted:

I still remember watching that in theaters when I was 6 and being disappointed by it.

You want to talk disappointment, my parents bought me "Harry Potter III" in 2002. The second movie was out that same year, so clearly it's a bootleg, but none of us knew that. Doesn't help that none of us spoke English back then. The movie was actually The NeverEnding Story III.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

You poor thing.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
All the other articles are plagiarized without attribution but it's okay because they're just there to fill up the shilling website until I write more articles.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

No different than CiG and the song Full Burn being in their data (PTU 1.3.0 files) that they released and then them saying "oh, someone must have just put that in there", I mean have they ever come out and claimed they commissioned that song or is it just a random song that they have included in their data that they have released commercially without due credit or money given to the artist?

It's obvious that it IS their song that they commissioned (with backers money) but I don't recall them owning up to it being their property - Once again, another time that Chris Roberts and co have been deceptive.

Have I remembered that right about that song or have I got something wrong in that?

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 8, 2017

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

star citizen is good

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So their "actual play time going pewpew" vs. "time spent defending star marine on the internet" is what, 1:100?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

This game is going to be amazing when I buy it for $45!

It's going to be like all my hopes and dreams right?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jst0rm posted:

moma must be a cig employee. He disappeared for the holidays on these fine forums but played sm for 40 hours? And then that was shown to be a lie because the max is 30 hours? I find it incredibly hilarious that a cig employee's job is to come here and bog the thread down with nonsense. Carry on. Just my observations.

Just because he walks, moves, breathes, swims, flies, shakes, smells, tastes, feels, looks, quacks, and has a notarized certificate claiming he's a duck doesn't mean that he is one. I'll give you the duck-belt, that one is kinda suspicious.

Please keep your FUD away from this thread.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Raskolnikov posted:

star citizen is good

Source your quotes

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Quavers posted:

Source your quotes

- Derek Smart, July Blog

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WolfLarsenSC/status/817556681387229184?lang=en

https://www.twitch.tv/tirent000/v/113043901?t=34m17s

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
lol

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Regrettable posted:

I predict MoMA will have quite a lot of extra posts in the morning.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The comments are great because they mirror a lot of star citizens cultists. Some people were just born to be scammed.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
ACTUAL RESULT
When the match begins you will be stuck with a grenade in your hand and you will not be able to swap to a weapon, throw grenades, etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxn_lNDiBc8&t=30s

EXPECTED RESULT
Should not be able to fall through the stairs on the hoplite ship, with or without landing gear extended.
To find my beautiful avenger without its showcase hat on
the sight should be on the rifle and the pistol should not have a sight,
For my UI and indicators to be fit on my screen correctly
IR signal of ships should not drop instantaneously when exiting the cockpit. Should go down slowly over time as the ship cools off, allowing for missiles to still be locked for a period of time after exiting the cockpit.
All the players should show up on the score screen
The other player should have a helmet even when eva.
The face remains in animation and helmet face plate reflects the environment in and around the cockpit. Players should NEVER be able to see the camera that was present in the helmet of the pilot.
I should not even be able to get in there.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Kosumo posted:

No different than CiG and the song Full Burn being in their data (PTU 1.3.0 files) that they released and then them saying "oh, someone must have just put that in there", I mean have they ever come out and claimed they commissioned that song or is it just a random song that they have included in their data that they have released commercially without due credit or money given to the artist?

It's obvious that it IS their song that they commissioned (with backers money) but I don't recall them owning up to it being their property - Once again, another time that Chris Roberts and co have been deceptive.

Have I remembered that right about that song or have I got something wrong in that?

Yeh that's about it. Song was found in SC files and brushed off as something that a developer left in there, even though the band has not yet been identified and its full of shart shitizen references. They definitely commissioned it.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So I casually drop on twitter that our new marketing hero appears to be plagiarizing a mainstream media website's articles and that's a bit naughty.

@thestaceyroy liked my tweet.

:confused:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Thoatse posted:

Beer's is this your old carebear chariot you sold on the graybox market?

Is this the new variant of the Predator?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ewe2 posted:

So I casually drop on twitter that our new marketing hero appears to be plagiarizing a mainstream media website's articles and that's a bit naughty.

@thestaceyroy liked my tweet.

:confused:

she isn't really an SC shill though, is she? just bad taste in webcasting friends

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

she isn't really an SC shill though, is she? just bad taste in webcasting friends

Yeah her only connection to SC, seems to be WTFS. Her Twitch-streams are more pnp and blizzard stuff.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

The Titanic posted:

Maybe a little, but it's like falling off your bike and breaking your wrists before a major deadline and in a company of 300 you're the only person capable of releasing the product so you can't and the company is very sad.

You could basically say it's like lying; super easy for some people. :3:

Is this real? Did they use that excuse? Is his fingers the only ones that can hit the right keys in the right order or something? I get it is nice to R&R if you are injured, but if it is super important...

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

TBH, anyone reading that site who thinks that piece isn't a shill is a loving thickie.

I mean, COME ON SC NERDS. Stop and think to yourself, "What is the odd one out here?

But yeah. If that isn't someone inside or associated with CIG generating it...

And if it IS a CIG generated piece... wow, criminal much? Journo laws require association disclosure.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Unprecedented how? They have said a lot of WORDS but in terms of what they have achieved they have managed to fall short of many games that exist Right Now. 'Fidelity'; I still am not sure what that means. Same with the tech; 64-bit positions is nothing new, just look at flight sims. They using the same (older) Cryengine tech as far as I can tell. Cryengine was cutting edge along side Unreal for a little while, but not anymore. Argh.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

Yeah but why is she trawling starcitizen hashtags then? That can only be how she came across it at all, I don't tweet at these people, I've got to conserve my sanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something seems off in this image guys...