Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Holy hell, scams do this poo poo all the time, create a legit looking "news" website to fool people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I THINK MAYBE THE AMAZING NEWS SITE THAT BROKE THE "HOW AMAZING STAR CITIZEN 3.0 IS GOING TO BE GUYS!" STORY MIGHT BE TELLING PORKIE PIES!

You dumb Citizen fucks.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

The funny part is how the fans keep harping on about "clickbait".

loving. LOL. My sides hurt.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Kosumo posted:

No different than CiG and the song Full Burn being in their data (PTU 1.3.0 files) that they released and then them saying "oh, someone must have just put that in there", I mean have they ever come out and claimed they commissioned that song or is it just a random song that they have included in their data that they have released commercially without due credit or money given to the artist?

It's obvious that it IS their song that they commissioned (with backers money) but I don't recall them owning up to it being their property - Once again, another time that Chris Roberts and co have been deceptive.

Have I remembered that right about that song or have I got something wrong in that?

Wealth beyond measure, Citizen.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Sillybones posted:

Is this real? Did they use that excuse? Is his fingers the only ones that can hit the right keys in the right order or something? I get it is nice to R&R if you are injured, but if it is super important...

Yes it's real, it's even still up on their webside. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15058-Weekly-Development-Update

quote:

Get out your lucky pants and three-leaf clovers out because Murphy’s Law was in full force this week! No, it’s not a new game feature – we suffered some unfortunate news in our Lead FPS Programmer falling off his bicycle and breaking his wrist! This certainly wasn’t in the schedule so with him out of action for a few weeks we’ve had to pool some resources from other areas to help pitch in with getting 2.0 out of the door. It’s certainly not what we needed at such a critical time in the project but these things do happen.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

The bans have begun.

BrandonS101 posted:

I have been locked out of my account as of January 3rd with very little to no information as to why my account has been locked. They sent me an email saying.

"Hello,
Suspicious activity has been detected on your account. Your account has been closed pursuant to Section XX of the Terms of Service in order to protect the Services and other users.
If you believe this to be in error and are prepared to discuss your account history with our Customer Support division, please reply to this message or email support@cloudimperiumgames.com. Player Relations Team Roberts Space Industries"

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5mpr0l/question_locked_out_of_account_for_no_reason/

Dunno man, maybe stop cheating in online games.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Sillybones posted:

Is this real? Did they use that excuse? Is his fingers the only ones that can hit the right keys in the right order or something? I get it is nice to R&R if you are injured, but if it is super important...

This is way back in November 2015. It's vintage CIG at this point:

AP posted:

WEEKLY DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

quote:

It was a tough decision to make in putting our efforts behind this one huge release because it always had the potential for added risk for delays in production but we know it was the right decision to make for good of the project because it will give us the right foundations to build upon for the long term. A Publisher might not have been so brave because they don’t have the BDCE (Best drat Community Ever!).
we suffered some unfortunate news in our Lead FPS Programmer falling off his bicycle and breaking his wrist! This certainly wasn’t in the schedule so with him out of action for a few weeks we’ve had to pool some resources from other areas to help pitch in with getting 2.0 out of the door. It’s certainly not what we needed at such a critical time in the project but these things do happen.
this sadly means that the build is not ready for public consumption yet!
Working on a fix where multiple ships going to the same destination don’t end up inside each other

Delays are good, publishers are evil, great stuff coming in 2 weeks hope the dog doesn't eat our homework again.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Nice false-flag, DumbShit cultists. Tell your master we are not so easily fooled.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if getting banned will block a refund later on. Also if that's the case, how long before it goes "request refund > banned for no reason > refund rejected"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ramadu posted:

They had that in the first season iirc. It's a movie/tv thing so you can, you know, see the actors faces in the blackness of space where no one can hear you scream. It also looks hella futuristic though. It's always cool going back to old sci-fi movies that didn't have LEDs and wondering how hot those helmets must have been and if anyone lost any vision.

Outland was really into that, with it's '80s Ron Cobb "used universe" look. It looks like they used strip lights used for aquariums inside the helmets.

AP posted:

RETALIATOR, ENEMY STOP ATTACKING IF PILOT IS NOT NEARBY SEAT + SHIELD GLOW INDEFINITELY + TURRET LEFT WEAPON MOVES ACCORDINGLY + AIM RETICLE AND LASER BOLTS ARE OFFSET EXPONENTIALLY

EXPECTED RESULT
The expected result is evidently enemies should not pause indefinitely, the targeting brackets should not pause and the Retaliator shield glow should not pause as the pilot leaves his sit or leave a pilot sit area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9_VasDcu-o&t=167s

I've noticed this in some of the Star Marine videos but your bullets aren't supposed to be leaving the gun at obvious different angles. Most games hide it through recoil animations or program muzzle rise and recoil bouncing into the game to produce deviation, but this is the first where I've seen where tracers are leaving the barrel at wide angles.

It's Star Citizen right down to the mumbling British spokesman and on-stage shenanigans.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I wonder if getting banned will block a refund later on. Also if that's the case, how long before it goes "request refund > banned for no reason > refund rejected"

RSI Terms of Service posted:

XX. Termination of RSI Services and Accounts

RSI may immediately suspend or terminate your Account(s) (and access to all related entitlements) or any subscription for an RSI Service after notifying you of your breach of these Terms of Service, or any illegal or improper use of any of your Account(s), or your illegal or improper use of the RSI Services, products, or RSI’s Content. You may lose your user names and personas as a result of your Account(s) being terminated. If RSI terminates your Account(s), you may not participate in an RSI Service again without RSI’s express permission. To participate in an RSI Service after such termination, contact us at support@cloudimperiumgames.com. You may not allow individuals whose Accounts have been terminated by RSI to use your Account.

If your Account, or a particular subscription for an RSI Service associated with your Account, is terminated for your breach, no refund will be granted; no online time or other credits will be credited to you or converted to cash or other form of reimbursement, and you will have no further access to your Account (or to any related entitlements associated with your Account or the particular RSI Service).

In addition, RSI reserves the right to terminate any Account for its reasonable business interests and in such case RSI will issue a refund.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ironclad TOS sprung.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Is this fidelitous?

https://gfycat.com/UnlawfulCalculatingEthiopianwolf

I know nothing about game development.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
I look forward to the day we see these articles about SC
http://eq2wire.com/2017/01/05/closing-the-book-on-everquest-next-and-landmark/

Look at the dev comments.
Replace Chris his name with Dave/ponytail and you have the disaster called Cloud imperium.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

no_recall posted:

Is this fidelitous?

https://gfycat.com/UnlawfulCalculatingEthiopianwolf

I know nothing about game development.

Needs more polygons(???), I think.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
Squadron 42 was a disaster. It should have remained a toolset for building Star Citizen Universe and nothing more. I can clearly remember Chris saying things like “The creation tools will be simple to use and the most powerful ever seen”, as if somehow those 2 things can co-exist. Sorry, but no. Easy to use should have been the focus, and that sadly never happened. They always had a ridiculous learning curve to do anything beyond basic sh*t. Locking all those special features behind progression was also a REALLY dumb idea. Yep.. let’s PREVENT players from doing cool stuff until they’ve made squadron 42, If I had my way, everything would have just been open to use.. Go nuts creation mode.

The majority of the really crazy sh*t demo's was by pure accident with the system trying to comprehend what the ‘player’ really wanted to do. We (other team devs) repeatedly told them they needed to make things easier to use to increase critical mass involved, and were repeatedly told to mind our own business, you’re stupid, and on and on. 64bit, netcode 3.0, items 2.0, whatever the **** you wanted to call them was the engine trying to resolve something unintended, and coming out with something interesting and useful. It wasn’t planned in any way, shape, or form.

Let’s be clear too.. Squadron 42 was Chris's obsession, and there simply was no way to convince him otherwise about it being a game. I believe this ultimately killed Star Citizen.

Lol this is fun,

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Your honor our ToS is ironclad, yes we have not provided even 1% of the finished product to the person, but we clearly say that if we ban him he wont get a refund.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

This is pretty forced.

It's like that part in the thing when it hasn't quite figured out how to mimic something yet and just rolls around on the floor screaming in a weird amalgamation.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
You can buy likes and upvotes from a server farm in india. 30 dollars USD gets you about 15000~30000 hits. They claim to use VPNs to mask the hits but ehh, you get what you pay for I guess.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/YxVS94Y.gifv

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Fat Shat Sings posted:

This is pretty forced.

It's like that part in the thing when it hasn't quite figured out how to mimic something yet and just rolls around on the floor screaming in a weird amalgamation.

It's so very star citizen. Trying desperately to have all the trappings of success without any of the steps in between.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Chalks posted:

It's so very star citizen. Trying desperately to have all the trappings of success without any of the steps in between.

AKA "All fur coat but no knickers."

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Xaerael posted:

AKA "All fur coat but no knickers."

this doesn't sound like a bad thing to me

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Lime Tonics posted:

You can buy likes and upvotes from a server farm in india. 30 dollars USD gets you about 15000~30000 hits. They claim to use VPNs to mask the hits but ehh, you get what you pay for I guess.

You can also buy followers and retweets for Twitter. You can buy YouTube subscribers and views. I think this applies for any social media in which an account has some sort of numerical value (friends, retweets, or whatever snapchat have). I can't think of a famous social medium that doesn't, at least.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Samizdata posted:

Unless something SERIOUSLY ELE actually happens, or 3.0 consists of nothing but a mocapped 3D render of Crobber's rear end, this will continue until all the whales are out of money.

The ELE will not be televised. I think a lot of backers- who are interested in the project but don't participate in the RSI forums or reddit- have/will quietly back out without making a stink. The 'casual' players (aka normal people) who are willing to pay $60+ for a game usually just physically give someone money in exchange for an actual product, and so 5 years is about 4.999 years too long for them to wait. It's nothing for them to have a little skin in the game and even less to take it out.

If I were a backer, hell I'd be happy just to have been part of this crazy ride. :downs: My favourite part will be when the Turing's Stop (dumb rear end fuckin name) sign ends up in a construction dumpster.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

us people who have never bought into this are the real winners

we just soak up the drama

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Car Citizen

I like how for scams they get presenters with British accents to give it "credibility" for the American investors. If you said that poo poo with a general American accent, you'd sound like Trump and nobody would loving believe you because it's transparently bullshit. I blame Richard Branson for first evoking that "nobody's done this before" (though he's created tangible things of actual value) "British daring" thing that our favourite Mancunian mushmouth seems to have capitalised on.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How did we find the PixeLemonade article? Was it promoted by anyone at CIG like David Swofford and the Weekly Beeper site?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Car Citizen

I like how for scams they get presenters with British accents to give it "credibility" for the American investors. If you said that poo poo with a general American accent, you'd sound like Trump and nobody would loving believe you because it's transparently bullshit. I blame Richard Branson for first evoking that "nobody's done this before" (though he's created tangible things of actual value) "British daring" thing that our favourite Mancunian mushmouth seems to have capitalised on.

I disagree. Trump had no problem at all getting elected with his accent.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I think we need a new graph, these seem outdated and I think the goalposts have already been moved.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Car Citizen

"You shouldn't try to fly, and you shouldn't listen to British people."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQAFv1sI6TU

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How did we find the PixeLemonade article? Was it promoted by anyone at CIG like David Swofford and the Weekly Beeper site?

Most likely doxxing (aka copy and pasted from another source onto here).

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Pixel Lemonade is my video-game cosplay themed stripper name so this fellow will be hearing from my lawyer.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I started to make a graph to compare Star Citizen to games like Mass Effect:Andromeda, etc... then I realized it's stupid. The classic retort is always that "Well Star Citizen will have x, y, and z"

So then I just thought in my head, to compare just the single player Squadron 42 to a typical FPS shooter.

Overwatch:
Active staff size: 100
Began: 2014
Release: May 2016

Doom:
Active staff size: 17
Began: 2013
Release: May 2016

Space Hulk: Deathwing
Active staff size: 10
Began: Unknown, had to be after 2012 as it uses UE4
Release: December 2016

Halo 5
Active staff size: 450
Began: 2012
Release: October 2015

CoD: IW
Active staff size: 200
Began: 2014
Release: November 2016

Squadron 42
Active staff size: 300
Began: 2012
Release: 2017+

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
So I got this in my mail.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/01/05/2-minutes-of-mass-effect-andromeda-tech-and-combat-gameplay-ces-2017

I thought it looked pretty cool.

Some people however dislike that you can change classes on the fly (In a single player game)....

I mean, really?

Don't like being able to change classes? Then just don't.

What are the odds these guys are SC backers.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Chalks posted:

Star Citizen: The crappings of success.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Chalks posted:

To a normal human this should have been the red flag from the beginning. Buying all that gaudy poo poo with backer money to look successful and important. The minute that LA office got stocked and with a limited edition Porsche outside everyone should have walked away.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Please everyone recall they spent several coders salaries worth on stupidly expensive tables and chairs for no reason other than they could.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

To a normal human this should have been the red flag from the beginning. Buying all that gaudy poo poo with backer money to look successful and important. The minute that LA office got stocked and with a limited edition Porsche outside everyone should have walked away.

some of us have been saying this for a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

OhDearGodNo posted:

I think we need a new graph, these seem outdated and I think the goalposts have already been moved.

Mine is pretty up to date.