Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Also, considering these expense reports are publicly available why don't journalists/bloggers/whoever go through everyone's expenses when this happens?

Do you have a newspaper subscription or do you just browse SMH/News.com.au/Guardian with adblocker?

EvilElmo fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
No, he has a subscription to the Labor Herald

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It doesn't help the parliamentary interest register is just scanned PDFs of forms filled out by hand. Imagine what you could turn up if they were in a machine readable format and you could automate the process of going through them all.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I am starting to enjoy the fact that Ashby has hijacked ON for his own vendettas and to even up scores with his enemies.

He really thinks he's a great political master, but I can't wait for it all to blow up in his face.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

It doesn't help the parliamentary interest register is just scanned PDFs of forms filled out by hand. Imagine what you could turn up if they were in a machine readable format and you could automate the process of going through them all.

Outsource it to Mechanical Turk. I'm sure someone would be willing to put them into a database for 1¢ a page.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ley has done a presser. She's standing aside while an investigation runs, by the secretary of the PM's department. Arthur Sinodinos will take over the job in the meantime. You can't make this poo poo up. Just wow.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Ley is standing aside "without Ministerial pay" until an investigation is completed.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Federal ICAC now

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Obviously she wants to Ley low for a while. :v:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Ley did nothing wrong.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

They did something even better, they gave the job to Arthur Sinodinos.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Les Affaires posted:

Obviously she wants to Ley low for a while. :v:

:getout:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

ewe2 posted:

Arthur Sinodinos will take over the job in the meantime. You can't make this poo poo up. Just wow.

:vince:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/BiggieStef/status/818243262876004353

:rimshot:

Just a quick reminder: Sinodinos is the guy another LNP donor gifted a house to. And couldn't explain a large donation from a donor. While he was Treasurer of the Party and Treasurer of the Government. Yeah, that guy.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

#leybuy is great why didn't i think of that 🤔

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I need poll bludger to just hook it to my veins and give me crash and burn statistics.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Being replaced by Sinodinos while under investigation for being dodgy is like welding the coffin shut isn't it?

Certainly speaks to the complete dearth of talent available. Well talent that isn't the political equivalent of an unexploded bomb.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I wonder if there's still liberals in the back bench going
"Ah don't worry, we'll just replace her with Peter Coste---gently caress"

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Cartoon posted:

Being replaced by Sinodinos while under investigation for being dodgy is like welding the coffin shut isn't it?

Certainly speaks to the complete dearth of talent available. Well talent that isn't the political equivalent of an unexploded bomb.

Maybe the investigation is into why she isn't corrupt enough, they put a pro in to show her how it's done.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

I do wonder why they didn't elevate Ken Wyatt since he is the assistant minister for Health...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dont get why she's lying, then lying so badly about stuff!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Les Affaires posted:

I do wonder why they didn't elevate Ken Wyatt since he is the assistant minister for Health...

Saving it for the next reshuffle?

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

quote:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jan/09/ration-days-again-cashless-welfare-card-ignites-shame

“It’s our money,” Peters says. “We want to see cash, not a card. We want to spend time with our family in the pub too. The card is no good for our people.

Decent article.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Saving it for the next reshuffle?

He's a moderate. Sinodinos is NSW hard right (an old mate of Abbotts). It's about winning Cabinet seats, literally that small-minded. The whole question of entitlements is nuclear for everyone in the Libs but the right are also fighting for relevancy and they'll happily bump off a moderate in the process.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I thought Sinodinos was one of the main people behind the push for Turnbull, because he felt Abbott hadn't supported him enough?

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

open24hours posted:

Decent article.

I'm sure WA Australian of the Year would disagree.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I thought Sinodinos was one of the main people behind the push for Turnbull, because he felt Abbott hadn't supported him enough?

That's not altogether clear, but this guy used to be chief of staff for Howard, and a former state president; he knows about jockying for power and when to pick his moment.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Les Affaires posted:

Aboriginal

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

East Timor will abandon the multi-billion dollar oil and gas treaty at the centre of sensational spying claims by Australia.

The two countries issued a joint statement on Monday declaring the deal to be dead, just over four months after East Timor took the unprecedented step to demand confidential conciliation talks with Australia at The Hague.

Relations between the neighbours have been strained since it was revealed in 2013 Australian spies bugged the cabinet office of the East Timor government in Dili during negotiations for the 2006 treaty.

The extraordinary disclosure of eavesdropping was again catapulted into the headlines a few months later when ASIO raided the home and offices of East Timor's lawyer based in Australia, confiscating documents.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...109-gto1aj.html

Good for ET.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frh_j3u_7xk

How many minutes can you last?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I watched it and would vote for the birds that sound like they're laughing at her.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The first section had me in the mind of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvLI_S7vN_8

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Oh, a prominent Queensland businesswoman. Carry on then.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Higsian posted:

Oh, a prominent Queensland businesswoman. Carry on then.

mods namechange please

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
prominent Queensland female real estate agent

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

prominent Queensland female real estate agent

The real enemy... LJ Hooker ....

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anidav posted:

The real enemy... LJ Hooker ....

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztCRTM6VEbI

Fit for a king, or a health minister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

East Timor will abandon the multi-billion dollar oil and gas treaty at the centre of sensational spying claims by Australia.

Oh noes we're running out of tawdry scandals to divert attention! You can just imagine the "negotiations" the current lot are up to. This should frighten the poo poo out of them.

• Locked thread