Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

bring back old gbs posted:

it bugs me how all the rlm stuff is:

Starring:
Mike stoklasa
Jay Bauman
Rich Evans

WRITTEN DIRECTED CONCEPTUALIZED PRODUCED EDITED BY:
Mike Stoklasa

and i know in my heart it bugs him too. u just know if jay had control of the patreon money he would buy some Lynda.com tutorials so he could be the star :( :(

Sometimes it will say 'BY JAY BAUMAN' though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
loving fifth wheel Rich Evans doing nothing getting a free ride.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Hey, it takes Rich a lot of time and effort to keep in peak physical dumpiness.

Those moobs just don't appear overnight, you know.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Does anyone else wish they would change it up every so often and review good films rather than nerd schlock? In their year in review wrap-ups they will usually mention real movies and it's obvious they watch other stuff, too.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Does anyone else wish they would change it up every so often and review good films rather than nerd schlock? In their year in review wrap-ups they will usually mention real movies and it's obvious they watch other stuff, too.

Nah, gushing over good films gets pretty boring, but also that's what an occasional Re:view is for.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

WampaLord posted:

Nah, gushing over good films gets pretty boring, but also that's what an occasional Re:view is for.

They already gush over about 1/4 of the schlock they see, anyway.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I just wish their stuff was slightly less "produced", so they could get more content out there faster.

Not that their stuff has an amazing amount of production, but I personally find all their more scripted and planned stuff absolutely dire. The more off the cuff stuff when they're just talking about films is way more interesting than a bunch of Mr. Plinkett/VCR Repair guys stuff at the beginning of Half In The Bag, or the stilted acting and "jokes" while they're picking movies in Wheel/Best of The Worst.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I just wish their stuff was slightly less "produced", so they could get more content out there faster.

Not that their stuff has an amazing amount of production, but I personally find all their more scripted and planned stuff absolutely dire. The more off the cuff stuff when they're just talking about films is way more interesting than a bunch of Mr. Plinkett/VCR Repair guys stuff at the beginning of Half In The Bag, or the stilted acting and "jokes" while they're picking movies in Wheel/Best of The Worst.

Look at this fellow who doesn't git meta-double-ironic post-joaks!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

The Plinkett review of Titanic is pretty good. He picks the movie apart, but you can tell he really does like it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I would honestly be kind of into a solo Obi-Wan Kenobi movie. Ewan McDonald was the best part of the Prologues and I think he could carry a whole film if it was a totally stand-alone, swashbuckling Jedi adventure.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
I recently discovered another youtube channel that focuses on technical stuff: Folding Ideas.

He has a really great breakdown on why the editing of Suicide Squad failed so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDclQowcE9I

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

In between RLM vids and drunken rants about the integrity of the historical record vis a vis Godzilla Movies this has always been a thread designed to handle some of CD's spillover.

People wonder why this thread keeps returning to the mothering touch of GBS but honestly it is the only place that can handle this particular toxic mix of nerd culture and meme magic imo.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Then you basically just have the show where the Cinema Snob guy and his posse of randos review movies in his car. It's not that great.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I would honestly be kind of into a solo Obi-Wan Kenobi movie. Ewan McDonald was the best part of the Prologues and I think he could carry a whole film if it was a totally stand-alone, swashbuckling Jedi adventure.

I just want Shane set on Tatooine and starring Obi-Wan, is that too much to ask?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

bring back old gbs posted:

it bugs me how all the rlm stuff is:

Starring:
Mike stoklasa
Jay Bauman
Rich Evans

WRITTEN DIRECTED CONCEPTUALIZED PRODUCED EDITED BY:
Mike Stoklasa

and i know in my heart it bugs him too. u just know if jay had control of the patreon money he would buy some Lynda.com tutorials so he could be the star :( :(

The Wizard deserves equal placement imo.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Archaic posted:

I recently discovered another youtube channel that focuses on technical stuff: Folding Ideas.

He has a really great breakdown on why the editing of Suicide Squad failed so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDclQowcE9I

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzidu-5iVRk

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KakerMix posted:

Sometimes it will say 'BY JAY BAUMAN' though?

oh ok whew, i just want everyb ody to be recognized

naem
May 29, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This could be great :agreed:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I ain't never seen the 3rd movie because the 2nd was so terrible so I now feel I know what movie it wasn't by like, reverse satire osmosis.

I'd like to see more movie things but this guy just appears to talk about video games now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Also it's Ewan McGregor you dummies

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I found Reloaded enjoyable on the simple action level. When it is deep into the action it has great visuals, flows nice, stunts are great, nice music. Burly brawl has issues in the second half where it feels like they just gave up. The movie suffered by not spending more time in the Matrix. No one really wanted to know about Zion or how the sewers worked in the framework of interdependence. The KFC monologues replaced the subtleties of the questions the first movie asked.

Revolutions is terrible, even the action scenes. It gives up like the second half of the Burly Brawl, all it does is throw giant numbers of enemies at things that kill them and that's it. The plot derails in the most boring way possible. poo poo is just magic now, deal with it.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Also it's Ewan McGregor you dummies

nah it's Ewan mcDOHnald, some jersey mnan told me abuot him after a few too many vofkkas gimlretss...

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Why does Reloaded catch so much poo poo? It seems like there's a lot of fremdsham surrounding the Neo vs a billion Smiths fight but I've never heard anyone go into detail about the rest of the movie. Is it just not as good as The Matrix? Was it too on-the-nose with the Buddhism stuff?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's nowhere near as good as the matrix.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The fight on the staircase is one of the best fights ever. I can't hate Reloaded too much.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

It's nowhere near as good as the matrix kind they put in Twinkies.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah like reloaded has great action scenes but story wise it's not as good as the first one and obviously the initial cool factor kinda wears off cos it's a sequel. The third one is pure poo poo.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Jive posted:

Why does Reloaded catch so much poo poo? It seems like there's a lot of fremdsham surrounding the Neo vs a billion Smiths fight but I've never heard anyone go into detail about the rest of the movie. Is it just not as good as The Matrix?

KFC and backlash from both Revolutions and "Now Neo is magic!".

I do like almost all the action. You got cars flipping everywhere. They built a car that implodes the hood so an agent can jump on it. Hell they built a highway and crashed all the poo poo they wanted. The lobby fight was great too.

Another problem with Reloaded was that they cut out a bunch of material about Niobe and here merry gang for some really bad videogames. So if you wanted to know the "Full story" you brought the game back then. It's why they seemingly show up out of nowhere.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

You remember Reloaded because of the set pieces and people, but not because of the actual plot. I honestly can't remember Revolutions right now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Two words:

Rave orgy

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Two words:

Rave orgy

God drat it.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Let's have five thousand robots loop around *behind* the mech with the guns - twice - only to end up in front where he can shoot us.

Makes perfect sense.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
First minute:

Neo: Woah upgraded agents!
And narrowly escapes.

Rest of movie:

Morpheus, Trinity throw about agents like nothing.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
We need to find the Key Maker!

Here he is in a locked room with all the tools he needs to make a key to his own room.

I've been here for multiple Neos and generations of the Matrix.
I know how to change the code of the matrix at a base level.
So far I have made the world's shittiest body guards and orgasm cake.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 9, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

happyhippy posted:

We need to find the Key Maker!

Here he is in a locked room with all the tools he needs to make a key to his own room.

Deep stuff. It's like we all are trapped in this illusion, although our minds are perfectly capable of seeing through it.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Matrix 1: A normal man is taken on a journey and discovers the world is a computer program. Along the way he makes new friends and chooses to be a hero.

Matrix 2: That man has to go to a place to learn something from someone for some reason so within the context of the universe the third story can take place.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/lzTNdgjvlr0

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Prequels obi wan should have been Bond. A glorious cartoony Bond.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Obi-Wan should be like Zatoichi.

Every movie he wanders onto a new planet, gives some massages and learns about the plight of the people, and then fucks everybody's poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Jive posted:

Why does Reloaded catch so much poo poo? It seems like there's a lot of fremdsham surrounding the Neo vs a billion Smiths fight but I've never heard anyone go into detail about the rest of the movie. Is it just not as good as The Matrix? Was it too on-the-nose with the Buddhism stuff?

There's a lot of really good action, but the architect and the big reveal he has are so bad that they drat near ruin the movie.

Revolutions is, of course, a horrible pile of poo poo, too. If I recall correctly, they came out very close together, so everyone probably lumps them in. Like 6 months or something.

• Locked thread