Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Ringon! Ringon!

I started playing this a week ago and didn't know what rerolling was. I haven't sunk too much time in yet (Only completed the stories for Dragoncraft and Havencraft done ten or so ranked matches and lost the greater majority of them), but figured I'd ask if it's worth rerolling when my current legendary stable consists of Albert, Pluto, Daria, White Wolf, and Nephthys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

5 is not great. 3 of those are pretty good though.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I lost to my exact midrange blood list today. I haven't posted it anywhere but here so I imagine other people are discovering how well Feena and Goblin Mage keep the deck moving.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I'm safe to melt the Gabriel legendary, yeah? I can't imagine any point at which I'd want to use a deck slot OR 7 cost on her.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It sees occasional play but I've never seen any list run more than 1.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Emalde posted:

I'm safe to melt the Gabriel legendary, yeah? I can't imagine any point at which I'd want to use a deck slot OR 7 cost on her.

I use the only one I got in my Tempo Elf deck, with so many fairies around it's safe that it Gabriel will hit something, and the effect is useful to do good trades or finish off a game

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I've seen Gabriel used as a finisher in banner decks and face sword. Same with forest and storm haven.

I'd keep one and liquify extras.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you really need the vials to make something you want to play right now then its not a bad choice. i will say that i have none and occasionally wish i had one or two though.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Gabriel exists so that you can pick her in Take Two. Otherwise, she's a decent filler drop for someone just starting to play.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Got it. Was looking for ways to eke out more vials since I'm still a solid 10 cards off from shadow/dragon face aggro decks and the slap dash garbage I have for other decks makes dailies rather arduous to complete.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, now even dirt rune is playing Daria, with no synergies. Turns out "draw four/five for 0pp" is pretty good.

Anyways, I was watching one of the top JP players playing Daria and the meta there is pretty weird. At one time he faced 8 runes in a row, of various flavors. Kinda weird to see three completely different archetypes use the same three cards (levi, piercing, Daria).

Also, there is a super aggressive Rune deck that has neutral burn that will kill you even if you clear all the poo poo they vomited into the board. Pretty scary.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I had thought everyone got matched up on one global server. Is that not the case?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Maybe he means the meta at Master's?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I mean the meta at 10000+ master

Emalde
May 3, 2007

:toot:

(Missing one Satan on the next page)

After ponying up for the 2 on-sale crystal packages (new years/first time) this is the set of legendaries I'm working with.

I've got something like 90% of the aggro Shadowcraft deck in the OP (missing Urd, who is really expensive to craft) and have been cutting through achievements and story as available. I've done my 20 private matches and have cleared some of the Elite practices (Sword/Dragon/Blood/Shadow still wreck my rear end in a top hat though), managed to do a handful of dailies. I used my 3 free Take Two tickets to try and get a feel for it after reading some of the guides, but was pretty summarily destroyed, never did better than 2/5 (dont pick havencraft for TT is about the only concrete thing i learned, one of my drafts had literally none of the standard amulets in either of the pairs).

At this point, is it just sitting around waiting for dailies to pop and grinding those out for a few hours every day to start getting more rupees for more cards? There are still achievements, but they're all either "play a bunch of <x>" or "win a bunch with <x>"

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I guess it depends on whether your goal is card acquisition or moving up the ladder. You don't need a fully built out leading meta deck to climb. I did BO to A0 with a partially complete aggro blood back when it wasn't even a big deal in the meta. You could get most of the way to A0 literally today if you wanted.

But if your goal is card acquisition, your dailies are going to be easier if you throw enough games to stay at a low rank.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'd climb rank sparingly until you feel like you have enough cards. Play a lot of take two and pick sword, shadow, dragon, haven/blood in that order. Once you start getting to 3 wins on average you'll be able to do missions + a take 2 run every day. If you feel that's not fast enough buy a few precons.

And dont vial your animated legendaries, they're so rare and swag

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
With even a lovely inexpensive aggro blood deck you'll be able to win enough games quick enough to easily climb your way to A0 via streak bonus.

But there is really no point in doing so, to be honest. Better spend your time playing around with whatever you have and getting a feel for each class and saving enough rupees to build a decent deck for your favorite so that you can climb the ladder with that.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Why bother ranking up anyway, just makes it harder to grind up them points for the rewards each month :v:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

But if your goal is card acquisition, your dailies are going to be easier if you throw enough games to stay at a low rank.

trucutru posted:

But there is really no point in doing so, to be honest. Better spend your time playing around with whatever you have and getting a feel for each class and saving enough rupees to build a decent deck for your favorite so that you can climb the ladder with that.

frajaq posted:

Why bother ranking up anyway, just makes it harder to grind up them points for the rewards each month :v:

This seemed like the impression I was getting, which is unfortunate because it just means dailies devolve into mashing my face into unranked and hoping for flash concedes or people who don't know any better and are using vanilla/auto decks.

Oh well, at least you still get EXP for grinding the single player modes?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I mean if you want to play better players then rank up, do what makes the game most fun for you and if you're ok with dailies taking a bit longer it's not like you're losing out (winstreaks giving more score rewards is more or less irrelevant)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

No Wave posted:

I mean if you want to play better players then rank up, do what makes the game most fun for you and if you're ok with dailies taking a bit longer it's not like you're losing out (winstreaks giving more score rewards is more or less irrelevant)

No, I specifically don't want to play better players right now. I just don't want to start tapping ranked until I've got the vast majority of a stable deck or two rolling, but unranked is full of people who are generally way over my tier so it just drags things out :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Emalde posted:

No, I specifically don't want to play better players right now. I just don't want to start tapping ranked until I've got the vast majority of a stable deck or two rolling, but unranked is full of people who are generally way over my tier so it just drags things out :v:
Unranked generally matches you by your ranked score, but you're right - I found ranked beginner through B much softer than unranked. Likely because only noobs grind ranked D-B whereas there are a lot of experieneced players camped there who only play ranked on the rare occasion they have a ranked quest.

That said unranked D-B is generally softer than A (unranked or ranked) so you're still best staying put.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

:lol: Mobile game developers have that reptile brain poo poo on lock.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Emalde posted:

:lol: Mobile game developers have that reptile brain poo poo on lock.
Yeah this happens quite a bit. Something like .5 to 1 percent of packs. Definitely more than the 1 in 300 million that .08^8 amounts to.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Started treading water 2/3 through A3. I need another angle to hit this from but I still need entirely too much of the standard set. I hate Elana Seraph but I may have to bring it back out for the heals against blood and forest and board clears against Daria.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Started treading water 2/3 through A3. I need another angle to hit this from but I still need entirely too much of the standard set. I hate Elana Seraph but I may have to bring it back out for the heals against blood and forest and board clears against Daria.

That's when you queue right into dshift and regret everything.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Mr. Whale posted:

That's when you queue right into dshift and regret everything.

Strangely, I tend to have a very easy time against dshift with my Elana Seraph deck. I never place down by Beastcalls or Sacred Pleas unless I can activate them on the same turn, and my Shrine Knight Maidens just stop them cold most of the time in my experience.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Elana seraph is a very different matchup than seraph

I stalled out most of the way through A3 as well, I started facing a stupid number of earth rite, nepthys, and control sword vs my tempo forest and people seem to have finally figured out that dragoncraft is terrible now

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's climbing for me but god the games take so goddamned long (because of course the second I swap I play Control Sword and Earth Rite Rune)

Unrelated, some guy posted an aggro sword list on Reddit and man the guy is crazy overstating how strong it is vs. the meta. "It's faster than blood aggro!" It isn't. "It destroys Daria!" It's like 50/50 depending on their draw. I know "reddit are a bunch of idiots and blowhards" isn't exactly news, but yeah.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh cool. i just learned that if you take a decklist url from the sv portal and change the /deck/ part to /image/ you get a cool thing like this (excuse the old meta tempo list :v:) not sure how to get the image in a post yet though unless you want to save it and upload
https://shadowverse-portal.com/imag...cL2.65cL2.61Pni

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

You could use a screencap program like gyazo, hyperdesktop, greenscreen, or ShareX (I really like the last one).

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
You don't need to screencap or go into an image editor, just copy and paste the image url to imgur

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ah yeah cool. any idea why it is reverting to japanese when you copy the url?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
loving imgur, i guess ya gotta make the extra step of saving the image and then uploading it

Also you don't need to manually change /deck/ to /image/ on the deckbuilder, you get the image when you press the tweet button

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Seraph's advantaged against a lot of the decks out there but it's not exactly a secret... I got Odined a whole lot today, some games twice.

The deck that's embarrassed me the most so far is rune PtP - I've been PtP'd by one on turn 8 twice. Still tough to find a deck that doesn't get embarrassed in 30% of its matchups but maybe that's just the meta we live in.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

You don't often get to cast dimensional shift vs aggro blood, but when you do it feels so good

First guy had a pretty awful draw and I had enough angelic snipes and magic missiles to get me through his early pile of bats, 2nd guy played multiple Mastemas which seems suboptimal but I was forced to kill one with an evo destroyer and the other with a Levi, maybe he was more of a midrange, but I didn't see anything else that wasn't standard aggro fare so idk

I think one of those guys rage-added me after but he had a japanese name and I didn't see it until 20 hours later so oh well

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 10, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There's not really any chatting, so what does rage-adding lead to? Private match challenges?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

No Wave posted:

There's not really any chatting, so what does rage-adding lead to? Private match challenges?

I've seen people add me for private matches, presumably to get those free 100 rupies.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
not sure about rage adding but I think someone added me for being a fellow friendly-emote-luna-leader-im@s-bro

• Locked thread