Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Some advice when fighting Wiggs:
You're better off not attacking Biggs unless you can kill him with the attack. If you crit him (or hit him at all with empire) he fills his meter. Better to target Wedge first (Wedge also hits a lot harder). Shocking Biggs is good though.

Also got some info off the official forums regarding mods. The tl;dr is that farming mods from mod challenges sucks. This is probably not news to people who have been doing this, but here are some stats for you:

quote:

Mod Packs, 10 packs @ 599 crystals per pack:
-65 total mods, evenly split between 3,4 and 5 dot.
-Obviously all were colored
-Shapes were evenly distributed, really the point being right side, arrow, triangle, + were just as likely to drop as the left side mods
-Even chance at Green, Blue, Purple but Gold dropped less. 27.7% for the former three, 17% for the latter.
-Total of 14 speed secondaries

Cantina, 500 sims at 16 energy each
-170 mods, 36% drop rate of getting something
-66% of those 170 were white however
-Nearly all of those whites were 5 dot, however
-58 were colored, so 11.6% drop rate you get a colored
-The problem is 65% of colored mod drops, were green
-Out of 500 sims, only three gold mods and all three were only 3 dot
-3 speed secondaries out of 500 sims, don't remember final speeds but nothing special, like 5
-Over 80% were left side mods, Circle, Square, Diamond

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.sta...sims-on-mods/p1

The other alternative not mentioned here, and what I do, is to check the mod store. Typically 2 of the 9 mods for sale are selling for credits instead of crystals. 5 dot mods cost between 2.5 and 4 million credits, depending on the color. The advantage here is that there are always 2 of the rarer right side mods. You can also refresh the store for 15 crystals.

In my opinion you get the most bang for your buck from the mod store. However, it's slow. You might go a week without seeing a potentially good mod. However, farming the mod challenge for a good right side mod is an exercise in frustration. Based on the guy's numbers above, 500 sims will result in around 10 arrow mods, of which 1-2 would be speed. Assuming equal distribution of dots, flip a coin to see if you get a 5 dot speed mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Shore/EP/TFP + RG/Vader? JKA in there (I know he's not empire)? Boba in there?

My shortlist for arena right now is Shore, EP, Boba, Vader, TFP, JKA, RG, EE, roughly in that order. I'm working on B2 because he'll fit in there nicely SF and Rex also work well with all those teams.. I'm not sure if there's a definite best set of 5 out of those, but I know that fast EP/Boba defend the best. Once I get Chaze (they're both 3* G8 right now, will try them at G9 but probably wait for G10), I'll go back to running Wiggs and then probably also Boba. Jyn or K2 + Cassian are also maybe worth considering.
Generally, against Chaze teams, I go for fast Boba, followed up by EP shock (on Baze), and then stun the following turn (unless Boba's Ability block has either worn off or missed key heroes, then I do stun on turn 1). Against teams without an autotaunter, I run fast TFP to land ability block and buff immunity. At this point, I'm usually only running one or the other. The last comp I ran was EP, Boba, Shore, RG, EE, and it worked beautifully. Kind of a control setup, with Boba to cut through the Chaze.

fishtobaskets posted:

I'm guessing you're running into wiggs teams because iphone folks got a free wedge a few months ago, which may include people in your arena.
I'd advise against using more than the 2 50 gem refreshes per day on gear acquisition. I don't think you're really under that kind of time pressure.

Since level 45 takes just about 1-2 weeks, I doubt he's running into free Wedges. Those would've been bought through Chromiums/for crystals in the store. The only other places to get him are the ship store (level 60) or Cantina (level 65-70ish).

At level 45, I would recommend using a lot of crystals for energy. While using 100 crystals for 120 energy is less efficient for farming gear than just buying it in the store (in most case), the xp you get is pretty big. It will help you keep up with others (although you probably won't be able to beat Wiggs without a faster STH, something that is nearly impossible to do).

Davethulhu posted:

In my opinion you get the most bang for your buck from the mod store. However, it's slow. You might go a week without seeing a potentially good mod. However, farming the mod challenge for a good right side mod is an exercise in frustration. Based on the guy's numbers above, 500 sims will result in around 10 arrow mods, of which 1-2 would be speed. Assuming equal distribution of dots, flip a coin to see if you get a 5 dot speed mod.

I would agree with this, but I'm always short on credits anyways, so spending 4 mil on a really good mod is rarely an option. I'd noticed that mods dropped significantly more for left side than right side, but hadn't seen the numbers ever. Given that the right side mods all have more possibilities, this is kind of bullshit. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw a dev say that all mod slots dropped evenly. Once again, CG shows how bad it is at game design.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Hey IGD folks, we're due for the rancor tomorrow morning, but I might be asleep. Please ask any officer to kick it off at 8am.

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Malgrin posted:

I would agree with this, but I'm always short on credits anyways, so spending 4 mil on a really good mod is rarely an option. I'd noticed that mods dropped significantly more for left side than right side, but hadn't seen the numbers ever. Given that the right side mods all have more possibilities, this is kind of bullshit. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw a dev say that all mod slots dropped evenly. Once again, CG shows how bad it is at game design.

Those numbers fit with my experience from farming mods during Decemember, I spent 400 a day for 31 days so 12,400 energy and got 3 gold mods, only 1 had a speed secondary and it never upgraded so 12k energy for a single 5 speed secondary.

Triangle mods also seem to be far and away the lowest drop rate out of the right side mods, I got a reasonable number of arrows, a couple of crosses and only 3 triangles, if CG have claimed that all slots drop evenly they are just flat out lying.

Banana_Boy
Jul 14, 2003
Any of the Goon guilds have room? I'm new so keep that in mind if that matters to the guild.

522-348-711. My brother is also playing but not an active SA member, would you be willing to take him? 447-615-675. Let me know if that's ok, and I'll have him leave his current one.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
For some reason, ships floating in a circle shooting each other is more satisfying than the core game.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Hey goons. I've been absent a few days. Work is crazy busy and honestly this game is just really unfun right now. I'm going to attempt to pass off ownership of QGJ shortly and if anyone has opinions on who that should be please post here or in guild chat.

Zawath
Sep 9, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Since level 45 takes just about 1-2 weeks, I doubt he's running into free Wedges. Those would've been bought through Chromiums/for crystals in the store. The only other places to get him are the ship store (level 60) or Cantina (level 65-70ish).

It is actually possible. If you created a new account during the Wedge promotion but didn't unlock the arena (stayed at level 7), you could now join a new arena shard with your free Wedge and then just start dominating everybody.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Banana_Boy posted:

Any of the Goon guilds have room? I'm new so keep that in mind if that matters to the guild.

522-348-711. My brother is also playing but not an active SA member, would you be willing to take him? 447-615-675. Let me know if that's ok, and I'll have him leave his current one.

I sent you both an invite.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
GQJ has 3 open slots minimum. Also we're blitzing T7 pit raids again. I've yawed on about in guild chat again but I held off doing damage to make sure we finish it and without n a few hours we were done before I could put up any damage at all. Since we clearly have not problems finishing T7 again, will we organize anything or will it be FFA style?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

General Probe posted:

GQJ has 3 open slots minimum. Also we're blitzing T7 pit raids again. I've yawed on about in guild chat again but I held off doing damage to make sure we finish it and without n a few hours we were done before I could put up any damage at all. Since we clearly have not problems finishing T7 again, will we organize anything or will it be FFA style?

I'd be cool with you inheriting the guild lead from Jibo. You seem to be pretty on the ball to me.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Borrow IGD's 12 hour no damage rule, send in a poo poo 7* character on their own to get murdered (ignore the warning and hit battle a second time) and if your guy survives to even get a turn hit the two guards not the middle captain that way you register on the scoreboard at 0 damage, then 12 hours later everybody let's rip. That way as many people as possible at least get a few Han shards even if they're not around when the damage starts.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
IGD goons, I will be kicking off a tank raid at guild rollover (6:30 pm pacific). The usual rules apply: Free for all on Phase 1. Do not attack phase 2 until 8 AM pacific tomorrow morning. I'm optimistic that ~this time~ people will read this or chat and everything will go correctly.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
Malgrin and crew, another newbie question:

On the Priority Heroes list in the OP, should I be unlocking them in order and immediately moving to the next one on the list, or should I try to get the first on each list to 7* before working on farming the next one?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
lmao in between my last post in this one QGJ has almost completed another T7 raid. Someone in guild chat brought it up, and I agree, we need to talk about an IGD style raid system.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The difference between "able to beat t7 rancor" and "able to demolish t7 rancor" is very small

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

General Probe posted:

lmao in between my last post in this one QGJ has almost completed another T7 raid.

4 hour Rancor, how quaint :smugdog:

General Probe posted:

Someone in guild chat brought it up, and I agree, we need to talk about an IGD style raid system.

Yeah, it's easy to think strict raid rules are unnecessary and excessive when you're barely scraping by content. But when you get to the point where just a handful of players are capable of blowing up a raid, it becomes very clear why they're necessary. It reminds me of the DKP arguments in the early days of MMO raiding.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
How do I mod Teebo? Speed?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Field Mousepad posted:

How do I mod Teebo? Speed?

Speed if you use him alongside TFP. If you don't use TFP, then you need potency.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I still give him potency and make sure he has a speed arrow.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
IGD, a reminder that damage resumes on the tank at 8AM pacific. 1 team per phase.

If anyone can get ahold of Ahi, please inform him of the rules. Hopefully we won't have anymore accidents in the morning.

Chilichimp posted:

I still give him potency and make sure he has a speed arrow.

TFP provides tenacity down, which lowers the chance to resist an attack to the baseline 15%.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Sorry, won't happen again :blush:

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Numismancer posted:

Malgrin and crew, another newbie question:

On the Priority Heroes list in the OP, should I be unlocking them in order and immediately moving to the next one on the list, or should I try to get the first on each list to 7* before working on farming the next one?

You want to get one guy to 7* because then you can join the big boy guilds and get raid rewards. For everything else, it somewhat depends. Usually getting the first couple guys to 5* then going back and filling them in to 7* is the way to go.

Reminder that IGD still has an open slot. One 7* minimum.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

IGD, a reminder that damage resumes on the tank at 8AM pacific. 1 team per phase.

If anyone can get ahold of Ahi, please inform him of the rules. Hopefully we won't have anymore accidents in the morning.

TFP provides tenacity down, which lowers the chance to resist an attack to the baseline 15%.

AND YET HE STILL FUCKIN' RESISTS

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Leveling RG blows

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Leveling RG blows

Yeah, but like the man says, you eventually unlock a Cantina node that lets you farm it a lot faster.

Ewok Scout? He's useful and Hard Mode node farmable only.

Kinda sucks, really.

What are the HM node only toons now since some are now purchasable in the ship shop?

Ewok Scout
General Veers
Urorororororororor
Lobot
?

edit:

First Order Stormtrooper

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 9, 2017

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
I literally just finished Ewok scout from farming him for a year.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

What are the HM node only toons now since some are now purchasable in the ship shop?

Ewok Scout
General Veers
Urorororororororor
Lobot
?

edit:

First Order Stormtrooper

You're missing probably the most important one - First Order TIE Pilot

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

You're missing probably the most important one - First Order TIE Pilot

I believe you can now get his shards from the ship shop. I did get him entirely through hard mode farming and yes, it took like 8+ months.
I did remember another one, though:

Hoth Rebel Soldier.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

I believe you can now get his shards from the ship shop. I did get him entirely through hard mode farming and yes, it took like 8+ months.
I did remember another one, though:

Hoth Rebel Soldier.

This one is really the winner. Available in a single hard node only.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I wish that, rather than farming a single node, completing any hard node would instead reward a currency that can be trades 1/1 for a single character shard from a pool.

OR

You select a character from a list and every hard mode you do has a chance to reward a shard for that character.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

I wish that, rather than farming a node, playing hard modes would instead reward a currency that can be trades 1/1 for a single character shard from a pool.

OR

You select a character from a list and every hard mode you do has a chance to reward a shard for that character.

Please get a job at Capital games. Your ideas are revolutionary.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

This one is really the winner. Available in a single hard node only.

Holy poo poo. I forgot how impossible that guy is to get. I haven't even bothered though cause he sucks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

Please get a job at Capital games. Your ideas are revolutionary.

I find that remark... insulting?

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I believe you can now get his shards from the ship shop.

Nope, even though he really should be available in fleet shipments, he's not.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Whitey Snipes posted:

Nope, even though he really should be available in fleet shipments, he's not.

lol

gently caress ya'll, got mine.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

I find that remark... insulting?

I find it vague and unconvincing.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

lol

gently caress ya'll, got mine.

:same:

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Don't forget clone sergeant - Phase 1, who I am farming up for my clone team. At least he has 3 nodes.

I've been running Hoth rebel soldier's node for months. I am 4*, at 44/65. I don't really know why I keep doing it though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I just started farming Clone Sergeant shards along side Anakin shards while I use Cantina for Mods.