Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

actually, my dad had over a thousand records because he kept emptying out auctions.

sound is poo poo because its an obsolete sound medium, sorry you can't discern fine detail anymore
yes im sure ur dads dusty records from auctions played through a lovely turntable and speakers are a reasonable basis for comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
enjoy your overproduced yet still hissy hipster repro albums while i still have dozens of the real thing :smug:

that stay on the shelf, because records are a dead medium for deaf olds

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

stebe set us free with the digital hardware revolution, not a portable lp player

now timb has realized jerbs dreams of the analog free future

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

what?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

have you heard of heavenly father stebe, and the ipod that brought music freedom to humanity from the tyranny of analog?

music as data

free to all

or for an affordable low price

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i think you'll find that compact discs were a digital music format that predates the iPod

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Last Chance posted:

gods own iPhone SE

the best phone

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i think you'll find that compact discs were a digital music format that predates the iPod

lasers are analog lightwaves

dont believe their lies of digitality

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Last Chance posted:

it did have a headphone jack since my AirPods are paired with gods own iPhone SE

i hope they keep releasing new SEs :(

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Silver Alicorn posted:

lmao how long have you had that av

oh god i just looked

:ughh:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

lmao how long have you had that av

it's beautiful

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Syncopated posted:

Yeah, I set it up so that the second monitor shows exactly what's happening on male shoegaze's computer.

idgi

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this might be more shameful than fireflies

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

lol

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
apple's "TIME LIFE magazine cover photo from ~1960 in _____________, 3rd world" advertising aesthetic is wearing really, really thin and contrived imho

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sniep posted:

apple's "TIME LIFE magazine cover photo from ~1960 in _____________, 3rd world" advertising aesthetic is wearing really, really thin and contrived imho

i can only remember just this one, i thought they've overwhelmingly been ~*~the ideal san francisco lifestyle~*~

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

carry on then posted:

i can only remember just this one, i thought they've overwhelmingly been ~*~the ideal san francisco lifestyle~*~

i guess i'm kinda including the frankensteins monster one too, that level of ~heart touching~, the handsome villagers aesthetic in this latest one just threw it all over the top

not every computer device has to be Heartwarmingly Authentically Digital

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
apple's marketing is loving offensive lmao I mean the iPhone 6 was good and the last macboooks were cool so let's run dumb ads about feelings

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

it is absurdly bad

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

all marketing is offensive

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

i hope they keep releasing new SEs :(

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
apple loves to gently caress over every good thing they've ever done so

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Sniep posted:

~heart touching~
Apple thrad 2017: Rock Solid, Heart Touching

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i imagine the plan is to retire iphone se when the bezel-less curved glass iphone 8 comes out, since that would let them put a ~4.7" screen in something as comfortable to hold as the SE

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i imagine the plan is to retire iphone se when the bezel-less curved glass iphone 8 comes out, since that would let them put a ~4.7" screen in something as comfortable to hold as the SE

echinopsis posted:

apple loves to gently caress over every good thing they've ever done so

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo

echinopsis posted:

apple loves to gently caress

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Guess what happened on January 9 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN4U5FqrOdQ

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Linguica posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN4U5FqrOdQ

an introduction of an unremarkable phone that the world had already seen before in another form that i can't remember (what was the stupid example fishmech gave again?)

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Linguica posted:

steve contracted gay butt aids

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stymie posted:

an introduction of an unremarkable phone that the world had already seen before in another form that i can't remember (what was the stupid example fishmech gave again?)

rim executives convinced themselves it was voodoo magic and began the decade long collapse of the blackberry brand

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
palm literally ripped itself in half and shriveled to bits trying to catch up

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

webos had the best app multitasking manager and both apple and google are faint imitations with their simple card tasks. the stack concept was really good and im sad nobody bought that ip. the one really solid feature and it has no value on the tv version lg has

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Stymie posted:

the lg prada which had a ui written in flash

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

palm had already hosed up bad before the webos attempt, one can look at an old palm pilot now and still recognize that they were on exactly the right track for the devices we have now at a time where everyone else would still put out pc-imitating handhelds for another solid decade. all they needed to do was get a proper 3.1 -> 95 transition going for palmos and then iterate sanely, but they never managed

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

apple's marketing is loving offensive lmao I mean the iPhone 6 was good and the last macboooks were cool so let's run dumb ads about feelings

oh poo poo yeah man remember that classic mac 128k ad feat woz sitting at a cluttered desk sputtering about interrupt inputs?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

palm had already hosed up bad before the webos attempt, one can look at an old palm pilot now and still recognize that they were on exactly the right track for the devices we have now at a time where everyone else would still put out pc-imitating handhelds for another solid decade. all they needed to do was get a proper 3.1 -> 95 transition going for palmos and then iterate sanely, but they never managed

yeah, they sat on their haunches and tacked features onto palmos 5 for years, all while tying arbitrary limits to upgrades to hardware. sometimes the only difference was wallpapers, but the modding and hacking community added those years ago. they had 6 in the wings forever, even a compatibility layer, but never made the effort

at one point the company that bought their os released an emulator for the nokia tablets that ran maemo, which was pretty good, but they never did anything with that either. there was so much potential if they didnt just make treos all day. they even had a passing dock concept but rightly shelved it since it nearly became a full computer by the time they were finished minus the massive library of palmos software

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
edward james palmos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

crusader_complex posted:

edward james palmos
:eyepop:

• Locked thread