Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Ms Boods posted:

It's kind of silly, but I really like the 'Talking Kitty' videos on Youtube -- the guy who made them went about 6 months in between videos due to a death in the family and other life issues in general, but since 1 January, he's posted two videos.

I love this guy and can't let a mention of him go without recommending Scary Scary World:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGTE_QrgWVs

Which also means I have to point out that the star of that video, Gibson, passed away suddenly last year and his memorial video turns me into a soggy wreck every bloody time. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Ah, poor old Gibson the cat -- the video wherein we learn that he's passed on caught me off guard. :smith:

I'm glad Steve (the guy who makes the videos) kept one of the kittens. He does quite a lot of 'blink and you'll miss it' funny visual jokes; my favourite is when he's got to introduce the kittens to the hoover, and as he pans past the littlebox, you get a brief glimpse of what looks like colourful rainbow sweeties playing the role of kitten poo poo.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

This is my Niece's catte, Belle:

More fluffin for the lovin.

Belle is a very dignified creature.

That is a great cat but I feel like your niece might be overfeeding her a little.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
What is it and goons being so upset about fat-looking animals? You don't feed her, shut up.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

fizzymercy posted:

What is it and goons being so upset about fat-looking animals? You don't feed her, shut up.

It's not a "goon" thing, unless you think underfeeding/starving your pet is also something only goons get mad about. It's borderline whether you consider it to be abuse or not, but at the very least it indicates you don't care about the wellbeing of your pet when you allow it to get obese like that.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Welcome to the internet, where it is your moral duty to cast judgement on what others do as often as you can.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's not a "goon" thing, unless you think underfeeding/starving your pet is also something only goons get mad about. It's borderline whether you consider it to be abuse or not, but at the very least it indicates you don't care about the wellbeing of your pet when you allow it to get obese like that.

Oh god shut up. It's a cat laying in the worst possible way to convey their weight, and also a two day old post. Get over yourself. Also this is the cute thread and that is one cute cat.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

She's just big boned is all

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

fizzymercy posted:

Oh god shut up. It's a cat laying in the worst possible way to convey their weight, and also a two day old post. Get over yourself. Also this is the cute thread and that is one cute cat.

You're the one who started the argument :shrug: I never said it wasn't cute, just fat and it's not a "god d amn goony goons!" thing to think you shouldn't overfeed your pets.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Phlegmish posted:

She's just big boned is all

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

post cute pictures

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Oh god, the YouTube comment section has broken containment an is now loose! :supaburn:

Fake edit: content

https://twitter.com/Strange_Animals/status/818094946880143360

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This is Luis Soriano, a rural Colombian schoolteacher, and his two donkeys, the Biblioburros Alfa and Beto. :3:

As cute as that picture is, it's nowhere near as uplifting as the story behind it.

quote:

Luis Soriano is surely the most famous resident of La Gloria, a small town in a rural area of northern Colombia plagued by poverty, crime and armed insurrection. But Soriano’s fame has little to do with guns, drugs or politics. His reputation rests on the eight hooves of two sturdy donkeys named Alfa and Beto, his own two feet and his willingness to spend weekends tramping through rugged and dangerous backcountry. These are the components of a simple but brilliant idea -- using donkeys to bring a circulating library of donated books to the children in some of Colombia’s poorest and most remote towns and villages.

PBS made a documentary about him:

quote:

In some of the film’s most affecting scenes, Soriano encourages the children who gather at his stopovers to tell stories and draw pictures describing their lives. One by one, horrific tales of paramilitary massacres, mutilations and other violent traumas emerge, and the children depict the sadness and fear that shadow their daily existence. But Soriano does not shy away from these harsh realities. After the stories have been told, and their emotional impact on the children recognized, Soriano tells them, “Now, let’s put it behind us. We have to live in the present and show that Colombians are good people. Colombia must change.” This is the mantra Soriano spreads from village to village in his one-man quest to rescue his country by rescuing some of its poorest children.

Biblioburro: The Donkey Library

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology
That bird photo booth from a few pages back reminded me of when I set up my camera to catch birds at my window bird feeder.

This fat little guy got there first though :3:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Henry is a very wooly puppy:

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Pookah posted:

Henry is a very wooly puppy:

That's a Fizzgig. :colbert:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

KayTee posted:

That's a Fizzgig. :colbert:

So THAT'S what that is called! I only had vague memories of it and Henry does trigger them very often, especially when he is excited :3:

Pookah has a new favorite as of 20:19 on Jan 8, 2017

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Look at that grin.

He knows he's a good boy. :smugdog:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Pookah posted:

So THAT'S what that is called! I only had vague memories of it and Henry does trigger them very often, especially when he is excited :3:

Wanna see that dog in a high wind :3:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
http://i.imgur.com/KGlYCxn.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/fOSAE3H.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/e8nAbsy.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/NRNjOqU.mp4

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Wanna see that dog in a high wind :3:

He's extraordinarily glamorous.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

This is Luis Soriano, a rural Colombian schoolteacher, and his two donkeys, the Biblioburros Alfa and Beto. :3:

As cute as that picture is, it's nowhere near as uplifting as the story behind it.

PBS made a documentary about him:

Biblioburro: The Donkey Library

Well I can't stop crying, but this is amazing. I can't wait to see the documentary.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BRB gotta water my Purrenials

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm having a hard time determining if that's a look of content, regret, or "how did I even get here?"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm having a hard time determining if that's a look of content, regret, or "how did I even get here?"

Looks more like "Well?! Get me out, human!" :rolleyes:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

You may find yourself living in a shotgun shack.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

drrockso20 posted:

Got any recommendations for them, want to watch a couple more when I get home

Oh god. I have never heard one I didn't love.

Let's see, I loved:
-Patrick Haggerty - The Saint of Dry Creek
-Noah McQueen and Barack Obama
-Danny & Annie (like, for sure a great one)

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Further proof that cats are a liquid.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

That moment a cat realizes its gonna get posted on the Internet and it can't do anything about it.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Geolicious posted:

Oh god. I have never heard one I didn't love.

Let's see, I loved:
-Patrick Haggerty - The Saint of Dry Creek
-Noah McQueen and Barack Obama
-Danny & Annie (like, for sure a great one)

Oh god Dannie and Annie is so touching and I get a bit teary-eyed just thinking about that story. :smith:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I love that point where cats realize they are stuck and just endure it with as much dignity as they can, as though they had every intention of being in their current situation.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
It's super cold today, but at least someone in this house is comfy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's my birthday today! :yayclod:

Can I request pictures of guinea pigs and chinchillas please?

Oh god, I'm 29, I'm getting old. :ohdear:

Whistler and Blade comin' at cha!

This is the only moment where they weren't fighting for attention.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
https://twitter.com/CuteEmergency/status/818327664180215809

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inzombiac posted:

Whistler and Blade comin' at cha!

This is the only moment where they weren't fighting for attention.

Woah, hey there guys, Let's be cool. Just be cool, no need to pull a Blade on me :ohdear:.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

My dogs do this right after I vacuum our living room rug (which is black because we are idiots and masochists). I think all the fibers are sticking up and it makes for a great back-scratching experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Eponine posted:

My dogs do this right after I vacuum our living room rug (which is black because we are idiots and masochists). I think all the fibers are sticking up and it makes for a great back-scratching experience.

Alternatively, they think you loving ruined it and they need to make it look right again by getting their fur all over it.