Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah I didn't even think of that. This makes it twice as stupid that someone you're playing against can get pissed you killed him or whatever and just decide to use all his reports to get you chat banned.

Mind that if you don't type anything, and they report you for misbehaviour in chat, the reports won't work. I know, that's pretty much impossible. I frequently feel the need to insult the retarded actions of my team mates. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

I literally got chat banned for saying YOLO in a match when someone commented about a Baltimore running off by himself at the beginning of the match.

That's all I said, the whole loving match. Just "YOLO." When I finish the match I see "you've been chat banned. Reason: complaints."

I mean, normally I could care less about the autoban system. I've been chat banned before where I either clearly deserved it, or I didn't but was trolling so didn't care.

This time I'm loving pissed. Your autoban poo poo is broken, Wargaming, when basically one person can spam another person with multiple complaints for the same thing and get someone chat banned for 24 hours.

Only 1 report actually does anything, just fyi. The rest are placebos that are wasted. You got reported by more than just 1 person (probably a platoon) and had some past reports still in your recent history. Auto chatbans don't ever really count against you, so don't be worried that WG would ban your account, they don't give a poo poo about the chatban feature.

It IS a pretty dumb system, but take solace in the fact that you enraged some pubby enough for him to click furiously on your profile and make your e-karma lower.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I didn't need to buy a Kamikaze, especially when it's only like a dollar off, but dammit I want to recapture the halcyon days of mid-tier IJN sealclubbing.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
RDF is going to hit the Minekaze and its variants like a loving brick. Your torps are only 7km, you are absolutely going to be the closest DD to whatever BB you're hunting. And you'll be getting uptiered a lot to 6s and 7s where they will probably have at least one tier 4-skill. Your great concealment won't let you avoid engaging other DDs anymore either.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Guide to correct Hipper play in a match with T10 carriers:

Ignore your guns, charge the enemy with torpedoes.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
I thought T8 MM was supposed to be really bad currently? I've yet to get uptiered in my Bismarck and T9 games only occasionally happen with very few of said T9 ships.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

OSad posted:

I thought T8 MM was supposed to be really bad currently? I've yet to get uptiered in my Bismarck and T9 games only occasionally happen with very few of said T9 ships.

I don't know about a Bismarck, but I counted with my Prinz Eugen. Over a work week I went 18--seriously--tier 10 matches before I saw a match without a tier 10. Incidentally, there were tier 9s in match 19.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

When watching video clips I'll occasionally see people using a mod that shows their target's angle relative to their ship. That smells of bullshit.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

Durendal posted:

When watching video clips I'll occasionally see people using a mod that shows their target's angle relative to their ship. That smells of bullshit.

The best part is it's part of the official modpack from WG

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR
Bought 3 more 3 dollar crates after a hard day of work to reward myself. Lo yang! arizona! BLYSWIKA!!!!! :negative: god dammit wargaming, you are gonna make me into a gambler.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

OSad posted:

you've been very lucky then. I spend only about 20% of my games as top tier in Bismarck.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
The Tirpitz is really good too. Charging with it really drives people in panic.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Thundercakes posted:

The best part is it's part of the official modpack from WG

what officual mod pack?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

JuffoWup posted:

what officual mod pack?

I don't know, but I use it. It's in Aslain's WoWs mod pack, and that's pretty drat universally wargaming approved.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

JuffoWup posted:

what officual mod pack?

It's pinned in the EU gameplay forum and updated for 5.16.1.

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/61734-the-world-of-warships-modpack/

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 8, 2017

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Man some days you're just in the zone. 9 games. 8 wins. Nothing has needed a super hard carry, but just nice solid taking out what needs to be taken out. Helping DPS BBs and the torps from the Benson have found their mark. Not going to last though :(

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

My Hipper was sunk as first blood by a two Hindenurgs and a Moskva combined, and I still outscored both members of the two Missouri division on my team :suicide:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

How the hell do people like this one, https://na.warships.today/player/1017945783/ron_451 derive enjoyment in playing this game? Seriously, HOW? Got stuck in a game with them "playing" a goddamn Missouri. Hell, the only non-premium they have time in is the Erie. Please stop playing this game and wasting hundreds of dollars and go do something else.

Seriously, WTR of 275. I've seen bots with like double that.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
Finally got uptiered for the first time in my Bismarck and...

...well, really, it wasn't too bad. I couldn't ever get in effective secondary range, but I survived until the end and I felt like I did my part. As long as you hang a little farther back from that X spot next to the caps, keep scooting and don't give broadside, people seem content to just ignore you and let you do your thing. We didn't win of course, but it was because that Iowa and Amagi took a grand voyage up the icebergs to the north while the enemy team focused their entire firepower up the center. I could still citadel Iowas and NC's just fine, though I could barely tickle the Yamato for the life on me, even on full broadsides.

Playing omega high tier was actually refreshing since I got into a stint with this ship where I got megalomania and pushed super aggressive into caps and died doing 20k damage for around three games or so. Matchmaking like this really helps to get you honest again.

Lord Koth posted:

How the hell do people like this one, https://na.warships.today/player/1017945783/ron_451 derive enjoyment in playing this game? Seriously, HOW? Got stuck in a game with them "playing" a goddamn Missouri. Hell, the only non-premium they have time in is the Erie. Please stop playing this game and wasting hundreds of dollars and go do something else.

Well, if it's any consolation, judging by his graphs, it looks like he's very slowly getting better? :downsgun:

Edit:

The new hot BB strat on North: all D

OSad fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 8, 2017

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Just took my Fredrick the Great out for a run. We were losing but I was racking up the damage when I got torpedo dropped. I shot down the full flight except one. Hit me, demolition, dead. 68k damage with a single torp. :downsgun:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Burt posted:

Just took my Fredrick the Great out for a run. We were losing but I was racking up the damage when I got torpedo dropped. I shot down the full flight except one. Hit me, demolition, dead. 68k damage with a single torp. :downsgun:

Dynamic and engaging mechanics!

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Lord Koth posted:

TBH this is what I imagine Ron Burgundy stats page look like. Art imitates life? Life imitates art? You be the judge.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Had a lovely tier X game in the Atago. Five destroyers on the enemy team, most of my team capped a point and then cowered around it until we lost. Managed to get a Dreadnought out of it.

I can see there being a problem with DD spam at the highest tiers. I cannot see how this justifies the repeated nerfs to IJN DDs well below these tiers.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Lord Koth posted:

I'm not sure how you could get that winrate unless you intentionally TK or play a carrier. I'm pretty sure "literally an empty spot" could get a 40% winrate.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Lord Koth posted:

My guess is that is a 60+ year old retired navy person/guy with a thing for naval history who "plays" the game because of the ships and can afford to buy the ones he wants.

Totally conjecture, but I know these guys exist. I've chatted with a couple of them, though by their own admission these types usually stick to co-op.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 8, 2017

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

wdarkk posted:

I'm not sure how you could get that winrate unless you intentionally TK or play a carrier. I'm pretty sure "literally an empty spot" could get a 40% winrate.

He got 2365 average damage on Kutuzov. Thats like landing 3 HE shells. Not 3 volleys just 3 shells. With ship with smoke. He done more average damage in Erie then he done in Atlanta. I am sort of interested to see replay of him playing.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Bought 3 more captain boxes before it all ends. 40 dragon flags, Nikolai and Indianapolis. :tipshat:

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I like the Graf Spee.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

ZombieLenin posted:

My guess is that is a 60+ year old retired navy person/guy with a thing for naval history who "plays" the game because of the ships and can afford to buy the ones he wants.

Totally conjecture, but I know these guys exist. I've chatted with a couple of them, though by their own admission these types usually stick to co-op.

He could only be that bad if he was badly mauled at some terrible accident at sea and was bound to a life support system like Captain Pike.

There are plenty of older gamers around, even SA has it's share like Tokai, and they are usually quite competent. Being 60+ does not mean that you suddenly lose all mental and motoric functions.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

World of Warships is also not exactly a twitch based shooter. You don't need a gaming mouse or 144hz monitor or lightning fast reflexes.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Destroyers maybe don't need a nerf, but maybe a cap at 2 or 3 in high tier games. Was in a T10 game with 5 destroyers per side, and at least half were Shimakazes. That wasn't fun for anyone involved.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Pacra posted:

World of Warships is also not exactly a twitch based shooter. You don't need a gaming mouse or 144hz monitor or lightning fast reflexes.

You should see the troubles the mlg starcraft people get into trying to play carriers. The ui will keep resetting back to the carrier if move clicks are done that often and fast.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Pacra posted:

World of Warships is also not exactly a twitch based shooter.

One of several reasons I'm still playing it and not some other game.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

JuffoWup posted:

You should see the troubles the mlg starcraft people get into trying to play carriers. The ui will keep resetting back to the carrier if move clicks are done that often and fast.

Carrier rework cannot loving come soon enough.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Unfortunately, one of the biggest reasons pubbies suck at Wargaming games is they have no loving desire whatsoever to learn mechanics. Angling? Not showing your broadside? "gently caress you, human being...I got a citadel hit/kill shut the gently caress up and kill yourself."

The average player in this game would prefer a system where the only thing that differentiated ships would be their models and weapons. Where all ships were unarmored rectangles that took unmitigated damage and shells never bounced. They want this because they don't care about their win rate unless they luck into having a good one. They want quick turnover, because they're used to failing their way forward, and the more planning and skill that's taken away from the core game logic, the easier it is for them to 'get lucky' and have an amazing "makes up for all the lovely rounds that were totally other people's fault" round that they can cling to for eternity as proof that they're phenomenal at this game, and *totally* not one of those D-K types.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Decided to try one last round of 10 Captain's presents:

Texas, Nikolai, and Blyskawica for ships.

50 Dragon flags.

60 XP camos

2K Doubloons.

All told, as far as ships go, I netted: Emden, Ishizuchi, Nikolai, Texas, Warspite, Atlanta, and Blyskawica.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Lord Koth posted:

His WTR jumps up to a fat 610 if you look at his co-op games.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Hammerstein posted:

He could only be that bad if he was badly mauled at some terrible accident at sea and was bound to a life support system like Captain Pike.

There are plenty of older gamers around, even SA has it's share like Tokai, and they are usually quite competent. Being 60+ does not mean that you suddenly lose all mental and motoric functions.

No, I totally agree with that statement. No argument there. It's just games like this can sometimes attract older people who have never done any gaming. They tend to me not very good, but this guy is especially bad. Maybe he is someone with a disability.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Devorum posted:

Decided to try one last round of 10 Captain's presents:

Texas, Nikolai, and Blyskawica for ships.

50 Dragon flags.

60 XP camos

2K Doubloons.

All told, as far as ships go, I netted: Emden, Ishizuchi, Nikolai, Texas, Warspite, Atlanta, and Blyskawica.

:(

A pox on everyone who pulled ships from those boxes. On the bright side, this huge pile of New Years camos might make the Missouri attainable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Help, its me, I'm the whale. Here is my premium ship list now:

mikasa (mission reward)
yubari
ishi
fujin
kamikaze r (mission reward)
atago
ark beta