Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

Oh this was posted in reponse to the image in the Facebook thread

Which is funny for two reasons becuase A) Thor is a literal god and B) That was kind of the idea behind Marvel comics. DC heroes were mythical figures, they were Heracles, Sigmund, Gilgamesh, Sampson. Marvel heroes are normal people who have problems of real life combined with super hero problems. This person who made this post was clearly just trying to be edgy going "dur Marvel movies look like cartoons for kids, DC movies are serious movies for serious adults", but was unaware of the irony.

Just edit this to say God's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

High-resolution (3000x2000) version of the new Justice League image

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

teagone posted:

Wonder Woman looks really grumpy now that I can see her face better.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

She looks bored.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I really hate those Cyborg and Flash costumes. They're aggravatingly bad. Both are just really involved for no real reason. My favorite thing about Spider-Man in Civil War was that his costume didn't just look like a bunch of armored plating.

twistedmentat posted:

They love DC but hate their flagship hero.

More people really should appreciate Superman.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

She looks bored.

Yeah, really the only one with a look on their face that looks right for the photo is the one with half of his face covered by metal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those wires appear to be all over Barry's suit so maybe they hold it together at speed or something?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rhyno posted:

Those wires appear to be all over Barry's suit so maybe they hold it together at speed or something?

That's what I'm guessing. It looks all janky because that's maybe the best solution Barry could cobble together from materials that wouldn't incinerate when he's running. I did read somewhere that like Batman, he's going to have multiple suits in the film, but I can't find that article anymore. [edit] Found it: http://screenrant.com/justice-league-set-visit-details/?view=all

quote:

Like Batman and Cyborg, The Flash will have more than one ‘look’ in Justice League. Concept art spoiled that he’ll have a superhero costume built by “Wayne Tech” later in the movie – a costume that matches the official movie concept art – but the primary costume Ezra Miller’s Barry Allen wears is something he made himself. He’s already The Flash by the time Bruce Wayne meets him.

teagone fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 9, 2017

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cyborg has baby hands.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think I'm ever going to get over how bad Cyborg looks.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Codependent Poster posted:

Cyborg has baby hands.

I thought that was Robin.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Lurdiak posted:

I think everyone who lives outside of New York City and LA feels that way about media.

Half the reason I watch The Flash is for their flyover shots of Portland pretending to be Central City. And you should see folks 'round here go gaga over Grimm.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Cyborg has baby hands.

You mean Trump hands?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fuckin justice league all looks like gamer laptops

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

teagone posted:

The framing on that shot really bugs me.

E: Also when you enlarge it it looks like Cyborg has a face on his crotch.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 9, 2017

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Why'd they let Rob Liefeld design the Flash for this movie?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Roth posted:

Why'd they let Rob Liefeld design the Flash for this movie?

teagone posted:

Actually, it looks like Liefeld designed that entire shot.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Liefeld designed Flash and Cyborg.

Neatherrealm handled everybody else.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Are we sure that's actually Gal Gadot there and not the life-size statue of her?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Roth posted:

Liefeld designed Flash and Cyborg.

Neatherrealm handled everybody else.

Yeah I was just thinking that the designs reminded me a lot of the injustice designs.

Which is bad, because the injustice designs are awful.

Edit- I don't know why movies these days have armored/ mechanical characters be so goddamn busy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Are we sure that's actually Gal Gadot there and not the life-size statue of her?

That statue looks more expressive than she does in that picture honestly. It's just a bad shot for her above. I'm not sure why they released that shot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

purple death ray posted:

Oh come on, my---
*checks*
--crap, my desktop is Batman.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Also when you enlarge it it looks like Cyborg has a face on his crotch.

The worst Transformer of them all

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

OnimaruXLR posted:

The worst Transformer of them all

Man, that's the biggest problem, he looks like a Bay Transformer with all this poo poo going on. I was watching Throne of Atlantis last night and Cyborg in that and the War animated movie is what I'd expect. Cybrog was my favorite Teen Titan after Raven, but ever since he got upgraded to Justice League black friend he's been treated weirdly in the books.

Also I found out Snyder thinks Martian Manhunter is lame? The gently caress? Yea you can say he's just a shape shifting mind reading phasing version of Superman, but he's such a classic JL member. It would be like the Avengers without Hawkeye.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's been quite a few Avengers lineups without Hawkeye. Hell despite the name of the book he's appearing in he is not currently a member of the Avengers!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Which one was the guy who asked if anybody in the audience was a Martian Manhunter fan, and then after a bunch of people excitedly rose their hands, then asked "How many of you are virgins?"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

twistedmentat posted:

Also I found out Snyder thinks Martian Manhunter is lame? The gently caress? Yea you can say he's just a shape shifting mind reading phasing version of Superman, but he's such a classic JL member. It would be like the Avengers without Hawkeye.

Gotta make room for even more beloved JLA icons, like Cyborg.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

Which one was the guy who asked if anybody in the audience was a Martian Manhunter fan, and then after a bunch of people excitedly rose their hands, then asked "How many of you are virgins?"

David Goyer. That's the same panel where he claimed that She-Hulk was made to only be a love interest for Hulk. So he's a well studied man.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wish movie Hawkeye had a personality. Matt Fraction Hobo Hawkeye, short-tempered jackass classic Hawkeye, hell, even whatever the gently caress they were trying to do with Ultimate Hawkeye. He's just so loving boring.

X-O posted:

David Goyer. That's the same panel where he claimed that She-Hulk was made to only be a love interest for Hulk. So he's a well studied man.

She-Hulk was made to be a love interest for John Byrne, everyone knows that.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I'm looking at Cyborg and Flash and the amount of detail on them and it just ain't working for me. They look like they were clearly designed to be action figures, but the amount of 'detail' going on means that they'll be hugely lovely action figures for kids that actually want to play with them.

The $400 collectors edition statues will look rad as a hell though so-

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Everyone but Wonder Woman looks like they shouldn't be able to move.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Roth posted:

Those things are unrelated!

edit: You know what should have happened? Let Cyborg be all complicated grafted with a thousand computer parts, but make it total body horror, like Tetsuo: The Iron Man.

He could be a completely out of control malformed raging terminator, and the threat for most of the first movie, then finally take control of himself and join the team at the end.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jan 9, 2017

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Teenage Fansub posted:

Those things are unrelated!

edit: You know what should have happened? Let Cyborg be all complicated grafted with a thousand computer parts, but make it total body horror, like Tetsuo: The Iron Man.

He could be a completely out of control malformed raging terminator, and the threat for most of the first movie, then finally take control of himself and join the team at the end.

How much drillcock would be involved?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Arist posted:

I don't think I'm ever going to get over how bad Cyborg looks.

Teenage Fansub posted:

As far as I know this first time Cyborg's robot body looks genuinely uncomfortable, so it's a character design that reflects characterization. Unfortunately that is never enough to stop the years-long grousing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jamesman posted:

How much drillcock would be involved?

An extra 17 minutes for the unrated cut.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Actually, Cyborg didn't look too bad in that mid-movie BvS credits scene (Brought to you by Dr Pepper™!). It looked like they were going to emphasize the body horror aspect of the character. This new shot just looks painfully generic. Flash is going to leave a trail of plastic in his wake as the air resistance catches on every single edge and nook of his Power Rangers suit.

This whole time I thought they'd given her normal boots. But no, let's give her loving wedges because god forbid we give this character any sensible costume pieces.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

purple death ray posted:

:golfclap:

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This whole time I thought they'd given her normal boots. But no, let's give her loving wedges because god forbid we give this character any sensible costume pieces.

She runs around in a strapless bathing suit with overknee boots, a tiara and a short sword and shield. Sensible went out of the window at strapless. Wedges are the height of sensible compared to the stilettos that you usually see.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Heels are nothing new in superhero movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tiny Stark.

• Locked thread