Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Davincie posted:

nyanko days is a deeply depressing tale of a schoolgirl without friends, who imagines her cats having human like personalities, basically a proto crazy cat lady

Sounds relatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Davincie posted:

nyanko days is a deeply depressing tale of a schoolgirl without friends, who imagines her cats having human like personalities, basically a proto crazy cat lady

This sounds promising.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Davincie posted:

Ah, they finally made a Garfield anime.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Davincie posted:

Works for me. :catstare:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

AnoHito posted:

Ah, they finally made a Garfield anime.

To go along with Tomo-chan: The Garfield of Manga.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Schoogirl Strikers seems like a transparent attempt to encourage more revealing cosplay for comiket.

e: Demi-Chan is all that is Cool And Good in the world.

I like that they directly but also vaguely dispassionately address what the cultural context for blood sucking would be in the modern world.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 8, 2017

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Nth-ing that Demi-chan's first episode is good stuff. There's a bunch of really fun animation, especially on Hikari.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

rakugo still insanely good
bicycle girls sol anime is ok. at least it looks much better than the last bicycle girls sol anime.
nyanko days is kinda cute...

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

A Silent Voice got licensed in the UK, theatrical screenings next month and disc release sometime this summer

now c'mon Funi or GKids or something

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Parallax posted:

A Silent Voice got licensed in the UK, theatrical screenings next month and disc release sometime this summer

Go watch it, it's really good.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

yeah you stupid brits

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

after a delay in the hopes that speedsubs for LWA would appear, the Seasonal Stream is about to start, without it. 5pm cst, or fifty minutes from now, stream will be here: http://cytu.be/r/wanwanime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Parallax posted:

Cool

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

I like that they directly but also vaguely dispassionately address what the cultural context for blood sucking would be in the modern world.

The truth is: the reason vampires suck blood is for

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Alright I made a thread for Demi-chan since nobody else had yet. It's here

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gave Urara a try. It seems...okay. Don't know if I'll stick with it, but the cast and premise seems alright. Wasn't a great premiere, but neither was New Game's, and I wound up enjoying that quite a bit.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
The bicycle club shows first episode was (largely) inoffensive, but also really boring. Also the main character is voiced by the same person who did the main character in Bakuon, in exactly the same airhead tone of voice which doesn't help anything.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lwa is a joy to watch

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Indiana_Krom posted:

The bicycle club shows first episode was (largely) inoffensive, but also really boring. Also the main character is voiced by the same person who did the main character in Bakuon, in exactly the same airhead tone of voice which doesn't help anything.

Pretty scenery, though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lwa got subs so we're back to watching it in today's stream. currently about halfway through Seiren, so it should start in 30ish minutes, after Idol Incidents.

http://cytu.be/r/wanwanime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the first episode of lwa is better than the first episode of any other show they've made so far

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Oh hey, lines up with what I need to do. I'll try to join ya, dogsicle.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I forget, is the Blue Exorcist sequel continuing from where the last season left off or did it undo some sort of gecko ending that I vaguely recall it having?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I forget, is the Blue Exorcist sequel continuing from where the last season left off or did it undo some sort of gecko ending that I vaguely recall it having?

i've heard it basically continues from episode 17 of S1, which was the last episode to include manga material before the show completely diverged. haven't had time to confirm since i'm still in the middle of my rewatch.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's starting from the middle of the first season. It's weird but they do a few things to catch you up.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

dogsicle posted:

i've heard it basically continues from episode 17 of S1, which was the last episode to include manga material before the show completely diverged. haven't had time to confirm since i'm still in the middle of my rewatch.

Please do report back, I will ... eventually watch it.

Maybe 2018...

E: or that. Cool beans.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

dogsicle posted:

It's true; it looks like they're straight up pretending the second half of the anime didn't happen. (Fine with me, it was decidedly weak, but it's rare you see such a blatant retcon; even FMA started from the beginning and streamlined all the old stuff.)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Little Witch Academia owns.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Little Witch Academia owns.

:yeah:

Never saw the movie, but the show seems a treat.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ranzear posted:

:yeah:

Never saw the movie, but the show seems a treat.

It's not a movie! It's a 30 minute short and it's great, please watch it! It's on Netflix.

....did i already tell you this? I apologise if so, but please watch one of the greatest short anime films ever made. :shobon:

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

a kitten posted:

....did i already tell you this? I apologise if so, but please watch one of the greatest short anime films ever made. :shobon:

Nope! Actually thought it was a movie all this time and it was getting the inverse of the usual treatment.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lwa anime will probably cover the plots of the two shorts but you should still watch them anyway because the first one is great and the second one is very pretty

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Even if the plot gets rehashed the original OVA has amazing animation and effortless storytelling and i can't recommend it highly enough. The somewhat longer sequel still looks great, but the writing isn't nearly as tight.

I'm really looking forward to the series too!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Colonel posted:

lwa anime will probably cover the plots of the two shorts but you should still watch them anyway because the first one is great and the second one is very pretty

It looks like it might cover them somewhat (the first one loosely at this point due to recollection). The second one might be a lot more tolerable/better since they can make it the end of an actual character arc where Akko starts thinking of herself as king of Magic poo poo mountain due to the events of the first "movie" wherever they occur in the series.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What was wrong with lwa2? Never got around to watching it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

El Burbo posted:

longer than it needs to be, introduces a trio of new girls but they're just one-note jokes, akko spends most of the time being bratty and driving all her friends away

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lotta cheek nuzzling this season.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

El Burbo posted:

What's wrong is that you didn't watch it

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

dogsicle posted:

introduces a trio of new girls but they're just one-note jokes

sorry you hate things that are cute and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the trio of girls all have good designs but i can't remember them doing much and yeah akko is kind of an rear end in a top hat during it

• Locked thread