Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

It's alright. There's new voice actors now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Need to finish grinding his dungeon soon but the skill system bug is just making doing anything in the game a drag right now. 8 for 8 means you could technically turn a profit buying keys from rubies, get you some extra Unknowns and fodder for your effort no less.

I ground out around 300 Klahan shards in the last few days and haven't noticed any bug.

Auto skill swirl is on and as soon as combat starts i start queueing skills, always having 3 queued up. Once agonizing tempest is queue(3) i put the phone down and do other things.
Infernal redemption -> Draconic Descent - > Protecting Whirlwind -> Round 2 -> Multi Slash -> Gale Blast -> Draconic Wrath -> Draconic Descent -> Agonizing Tempest -> Collect shards. No failiures in ~350 shards.
I noticed that while doing the Normal Klahan dungeon, in 100 runs i got 110 shards, so out 1 out of 10 runs give 2 shards. However in the Hard Klahan dungeon i got an average of 4,5 shards per run.

I thought 7 keys for a full set of 30s was the optimal farming return?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Since today's update turns are somehow borked. I was somehow going through them so quickly I couldn't really manage to keep buffs and debuffs up. Super weird. Ruined my CR score big time.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
One of the skill bugs was fixed in this most recent hot patch, where if you did not have auto skill on, your opponent always got to attack before you used a skill. This was most detrimental in auto farming stages where you use the skill queue instead of auto skill, or if you had auto skill off for the awakening stages or the dragon. The other bug, or maybe it is intentional, is that auto attacks are taking priority over double skill use, so you cant get extra turns from speed/counter attacks in raids and cr. There is no word on this from Netmarbu.

Since the first bug is fixed, Awakened Klahan can solo farm hard 7-9, 4 fodder for 7 keys with zero chance of death.

In a happier note, I logged in tonight to get a random Lu Bu from the daily 3-6, and a Kris from my CR box. Kris was the third special unit I have gotten from CR in the past 10 days.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
^^^

Lucky Ducky!!! Haven't pulled/fused anything rare in ages

Re: Klahan

Typo it's 7 keys = 8 rubies with Khalan 7-9 farming not 8 keys. So probably worth getting just for ease of farming alone, he's also pretty good in Arena so far :v:

Also Hard mode CR is gonna be impossible with how the turns are working currently, can't tell if its intended or just a bug.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Re: The Turn Bug, it was another new bug introduced in the previous patch (1/5). It was not related to auto-skill at all (despite the patch notes saying so), regardless of if you had auto enabled or disabled the game would simply not understand when someone was allowed to use a skill, period. So for example, you would get cases where the other side would get to go first despite being slower speed, or you would get times where one side would get to use multiple skills in a row, or (like Illiterate Clitoris mentioned) nobody would go at all, and your characters would just cycle through their normal attacks and make turns pass extremely quickly.

There's a hotfix in the app store now but you have to manually download it (it will not auto-download since it's not considered mandatory), I only tested it a tiny bit but it looked like it might have fixed the problem from the few runs I did.

So yeah 4 fodder farming, 7 keys for 8 rubies, buy 110 keys for 100 rubies. You can make about 125 Rubies from farming those, for a net profit of 25 rubies. The primary downside of course, you need 4 unique types of fodder to do it. Still, definitely worth it if you're burning through all of your keys farming for Awakening shards and the like.

rabidsquid posted:

hello goons, it's been awhile how's the game. i miss y'all but i can't play at work until i get my phone fixed and really don't have the time to play at home :(

Mostly business as usual, hopefully the turn order bug is actually fixed now so stuff actually works again. The Long Grind for awoken heroes, plus trying to find the resources to power up Evan/Karin to +10.

Tank meta looks like it's back in full swing with the +10s, lot of people running stuff like Evan/Karin/Nezha/Jave/Klahan.

Working on Fl127 now. Probably goes without saying but Evan/Karin just crush CT.

Also we're doing really good in Guild Wars this time, I think we're like rank #40 right now?

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 9, 2017

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

I'd say it's a bit of luck with the opposing guilds we're drawing and the great equaliser that is Awakening. I managed to punch the top place from the enemy guild a couple of times now with my tank setup.
After adding Klahan into the mix I managed to climb to 3k with a winrate of 95% after the arena reset. Feels great.

On that note, would you guys switch a well-equipped 32 Spike or 34 Ace out for a 40 Nezha? If so, I'd know what my next normal hero project would be. I guess Klahan makes Ace's zombie clean up superfluous in theory but double the chance feels really good so far. Also, 50% damage.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

So the patch definitely did not fix the skill bug at all, in fact they actually broke it even worse than before. Your teams are now cycling through even more normal attacks and refusing to use skills that are queued up. Also the turn order was not fixed either, it seems like you get to go first on round 1 correctly but beyond that it's still entirely random, sometimes the other team taking 3 turns in a row, or going first on round 2 when they shouldn't, etc.

I think maybe it's time to shelve this game until they can be bothered to actually fix their poo poo, it's gone beyond ridiculous that this series of bugs has been ongoing for over a month and they're just making it worse every time. Especially considering, you know, it's the fundamental mechanic that the game operates on.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

So the patch definitely did not fix the skill bug at all, in fact they actually broke it even worse than before. Your teams are now cycling through even more normal attacks and refusing to use skills that are queued up. Also the turn order was not fixed either, it seems like you get to go first on round 1 correctly but beyond that it's still entirely random, sometimes the other team taking 3 turns in a row, or going first on round 2 when they shouldn't, etc.

I think maybe it's time to shelve this game until they can be bothered to actually fix their poo poo, it's gone beyond ridiculous that this series of bugs has been ongoing for over a month and they're just making it worse every time. Especially considering, you know, it's the fundamental mechanic that the game operates on.

Turn order/skills works fine for me now after yesterday's patch, Karen's skill seems to be working properly too.

Turns are deffo going faster on Raids/CR however. So fast my Feng is running out of invul on turn 1 somehow and dying to dragon???

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 9, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It seems like most of the time the turn order works right at least. I've seen it not work right a couple of times though, unless I just didn't see what was happening clearly or something. But I did manage to score some points on NMW at least.

Question though, if someone is Petrified, do their passive no-limit buffs not count as being in effect (similar to being dead)? Happened a bit too fast for me to see but my Jave failed to kill some of the minions with Fury and uhhhh that's a new one to me.

Wassbix posted:

Turns are deffo going faster on Raids/CR however. So fast my Feng is running out of invul on turn 1 somehow and dying to dragon???

Oh yeah, I definitely noticed there's something weird going on with durations. I see the same thing happening to the immortals in Klahan's dungeon, immediately after respawning they only have 2 turns of immortality, while they are supposed to have 3. So for example I do Draconic -> Blossom, they all die and respawn, Bai Long gets off a normal attack (so he should be at 2 and Gip at 3), Blossom goes off, both die instantly.

Doesn't happen every time either, just some of the time. Also just now, let Gip go last on Round 1, enemy team still got to go first on Round 2. So it's definitely still just broken.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 9, 2017

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Variable speed with a concept of 'turns' doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, and it's not remotely telegraphed by the UI in this game.

Generally doesn't matter, but yeah.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

There isn't actually variable speed though. Individual Speed just determines: 1) What order you take your Normal turn in 2) What the probability is of proccing a Speed Attack after a Normal or Special.

A character's turn is always defined as passing when they make their Normal attack. Buffs/Debuffs reduce duration at that time, and ailments and regen tick then as well. A full turn, as is indicated by the thing at the top of the screen, passes once every character has taken their Normal turn, and then the order restarts. Everyone only ever gets 1 Normal attack per turn, but of course they can use many specials, counters, and speed attacks. (Note there are some odd exceptions to do with respawning, which shuffles turn order around for the person respawning)

What's importantly broken with the current bug is that a Special skill is supposed to always supersede the next Normal attack. The reason that's so important is because you can stall turns for a very long time by chaining Special volleys. Your 'perfect' volley being: Special Attack -> Counter Attack -> Speed Attack, which has a total duration of longer than 10 seconds. Thus, you are off global cooldown before any Normal attacks can get thrown, and can immediately jump into another queued Special. Thus, the turn never 'advances' as long as you can keep that up.

(Of note, I believe the odds of a Counter or Speed attack get prorated per character the more times they happen on a single turn, but I don't think anyone really has the details on how exactly it works. In any event, it doesn't seem like stalling indefinitely is possible.)

Having the UI be a little more clear about this stuff would be nice. It makes sense once you understand it, but you do have to watch closely in order to follow what's going on with the turn.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I axed some inactives! Reapply at your leisure.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Anyone farm world 9 or 10 for jewels/accessories?

Those didn't exist back then so I have no idea on the rates. Can't imagine it being any good though.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The jewel drops from 9 Easy are pretty bad, usually 2-3* jewels. Doesn't sound like it's much better on Normal either.

I've never gotten an accessory to drop from 10 ever so take that for what it's worth.

You're probably better off grinding up something else for Unknown entries even. Plus WB and Abyss for those selectors.

Hope we get some more acc/jewel events sometime soon, I didn't have nearly enough money to dump into the Treasure box one.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The jewel drops from 9 Easy are pretty bad, usually 2-3* jewels. Doesn't sound like it's much better on Normal either.

I've never gotten an accessory to drop from 10 ever so take that for what it's worth.

You're probably better off grinding up something else for Unknown entries even. Plus WB and Abyss for those selectors.

Hope we get some more acc/jewel events sometime soon, I didn't have nearly enough money to dump into the Treasure box one.

I managed to buy everything and it's still not enough.

Think I'm gonna take your advice and pick a Rachael for my selector this month. I'll see how much she helps in the WB department. My pvp team mostly all has awaken raid gear now with perfect substats so I can focus on the rest.

Edit:

Anyone tried Ling Ling for NMW I know she was used in the KR version to keep up the debuff immunity but I'm not sure if anything works differently in Global?

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 10, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

No idea about KR, but in Global her debuff immunity counts as a buff, which NWM can remove with his Big Bang.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Clawtopsy posted:

I axed some inactives! Reapply at your leisure.

I applied there. IGN: Manca11M (I believe that's it)

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Anyone tried out the Hard CR today? Pretty brutal

Ending up doing

Feng / Zhuge Karma Rin Ace (Friend Rach) and got 900k

Zhuge just for the % buff immunity helped a lot. I can't imagine running any of the CR hards with Shane cause lack of immunity, given how hard everthing hits.

Trying to think of a replacement for Ace but drawing blanks. I can't imagine Pascal being correct but he does have VS

Also, we hit S-rank now boys.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 11, 2017

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The trash was an actual threat, but once you handled that it wasn't much harder than normal CR, you just loose a turn or two on the trash. Of course the skill bug isn't helping with those faster turns. I do wish I had jam though, BJ was the week link in my lineup, but he is 40 and well geared so there isn't much I can do to upgrade him.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I got murdered by the dude with the anime sword and only got 80k, welp.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Fenris13 posted:

The trash was an actual threat, but once you handled that it wasn't much harder than normal CR, you just loose a turn or two on the trash. Of course the skill bug isn't helping with those faster turns. I do wish I had jam though, BJ was the week link in my lineup, but he is 40 and well geared so there isn't much I can do to upgrade him.

I think Rin might be better than BJ given her tankiness and she does very well against the trash mobs.

Zhuge gives Phy reduction buff + reduction debuff immunity post-mortem so I think he is super important as well? Sorta goofy you don't want him leveled or geared so he dies right away.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 11, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah BJ is a complete wash for CR Hard, the fodder always target him first for whatever reason and he gets gibbed in like 2 hits even at 38 with awoken armor. Plus turns don't work right at all so that poo poo is gone instantly anyway.

First run in general was a complete wash, but second run I pulled in right around 2 million. Team setup:
Shane | Rachel, Karma, Ace, BJ -> A.Karin

This is kind of a bad setup though. Really need to replace Shane with Feng, and then replace BJ with Rin. Rachel and Ace would be difficult to replace in this lineup. I've seen people saying May just gets gibbed instantly as well, which is surprising considering how good her damage reduction is.

Kind of emphasizes how outrageously broken everything about the game is right now. Damage Immunity shields don't work at all so Shane or Feng just get gibbed randomly. Turn order is a loving mess. Boss Rachel doesn't use any skills at all.

Still, I mind a lot less for CR since you can always throw some rubies at that to do it again. I hate hate hate that WB is one entry per difficulty and that's it.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 11, 2017

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah BJ is a complete wash for CR Hard, the fodder always target him first for whatever reason and he gets gibbed in like 2 hits even at 38 with awoken armor. Plus turns don't work right at all so that poo poo is gone instantly anyway.

First run in general was a complete wash, but second run I pulled in right around 2 million. Team setup:
Shane | Rachel, Karma, Ace, BJ -> A.Karin

This is kind of a bad setup though. Really need to replace Shane with Feng, and then replace BJ with Rin. Rachel and Ace would be difficult to replace in this lineup. I've seen people saying May just gets gibbed instantly as well, which is surprising considering how good her damage reduction is.

Kind of emphasizes how outrageously broken everything about the game is right now. Damage Immunity shields don't work at all so Shane or Feng just get gibbed randomly. Turn order is a loving mess. Boss Rachel doesn't use any skills at all.

Still, I mind a lot less for CR since you can always throw some rubies at that to do it again. I hate hate hate that WB is one entry per difficulty and that's it.

Damage shield isn't bugged, they just gave the CR Rook piercing on his spear toss, so if he targets back line you're hosed. Shane is only Magic immune so she gets wrecked by any and all AOE in CR.

Boss Rachel bug must've been hot fixed cause she mowed me down with phoenix (she has 3 man phoenix now like regular Rachel too)

Turns going faster is pretty annoying but its affecting everyone so haven't really felt the impact. The fact that they haven't fixed one-skill + auto-skill turn order after being introduced in middle of December is super super annoying though.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

CR Hard is real, I couldn't even finish off the mobs before I wiped. I hosed up and brought the free lv40 Rachel, she replaced Zhuge who died on the first round and she didn't survive the second (super Giganto Mortar wrecks poo poo, looks like it has fixed 3000 damage with the rest of the pain).

I might start bringing Spike, he's way better geared than any of my immunity fodder besides Sieg/Karon and if I can't last until turn 4 then the immunity duration difference won't help, especially if my fodder dies on the first Rook and Chancellor. More crit can't hurt with trying to clear out the first two phases either.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Unknown Dungeons are capped now, this blowssssss

Hellenia also appears to suck alot?

Awakening Dungeon Grind is now lot easier on the keys and the sanity department, which is a great change. Bad change if you were broken brained enough to grind it all in one day

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 12, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Hellenia looks like she's geared towards being a CR or WB hero most likely. She's got a ton of CR specific bonuses:

quote:

All allies become immune to 3-target AOE attacks for 6 turns.
Becomes immune to all debuffs that cause reductions.
Decreases all enemies’ Block Rate by 50% for 6 turns.

Decrease the enemy’s Attack by 40% for 2 turns.

Decreases all Physical Damage received for all allies by 60% for 6 turns.
Increases the Block Rate of all allies by 50% for 6 turns.
Being able to delay and pop that phys damage reduction and block increase sounds really strong.

Awoken Dungeons better shard payouts now and less key cost. So that's something.

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

SlovenKnights! Please don't forget to check in. The guild icon no longer tells you you need to do it, but the past few days we've only reached the 20 key reward tier.

I applied. Just got kicked out a pubby guild (I guess for being low level) so this is good timing.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Was sitting in a random empty public chat room for some reason and two people came in and started roleplaying. How you roleplay with a chat system this terrible.

Finally got my Friendship reward 7K, another Dellons. Can't do much with him now but can't argue with free I guess.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Randomly pulled another Rin from a 3-6 today.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Anybody else have this problem? In my game, Rin and Regular Hellenia don't speak for some reason (Yet Awakened Hellenia can). Yet when I switch the language to Korean, they (Other than the Cholab guys) are the ONLY ones able to speak (Still can hear May in the mail section). Anyone else have/had that problem?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

So a new hero, only aquirable randomly by throwing an ocean of rubies at the game.
Some guy on reddit already has her to 40, after spending 5500 rubies.

Is she any good?

EDIT: I can full auto Hellenia Hard with Rin|Karma, A.Evan, A.Klahan, Pascal. yay.

New girl's hard dungeon is doable but takes aaaaaages because she keeps putting immunity buffs on herself. Im assuming Yu Shin or someone similar should be brough, as well as lots of piece and void shield removal. Not sure what the best setup would be?

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 12, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I'm auto'ing Hellenia hard with 34 Karma/ Sera 40, Rudy 32, Karon 36, Rachel 36. She's pretty easy to auto, it just takes some time. I really want some woke angels though, as Hevenia was my 5* Gift I got from some goon when I first joined the game, and angels are pretty cool so I want them both.

We all know whose awakened form I'm REALLY holding out for, though.........

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ineptitude posted:

So a new hero, only aquirable randomly by throwing an ocean of rubies at the game.
Some guy on reddit already has her to 40, after spending 5500 rubies.

Is she any good?

EDIT: I can full auto Hellenia Hard with Rin|Karma, A.Evan, A.Klahan, Pascal. yay.

New girl's hard dungeon is doable but takes aaaaaages because she keeps putting immunity buffs on herself. Im assuming Yu Shin or someone similar should be brough, as well as lots of piece and void shield removal. Not sure what the best setup would be?

Feng / Karma Rin Khalan Pascal 1-4 formation is what I'm running.

R1 -> Kahalan 3 debuff -> Feng AOE -> Rin descent
R2 -> Karma debuff -> Pascal Fixed AOE/debuff (she has 4 turn immune) -> Feng sword (if it crits she dies)

Alicia is really really good, basically a sturdier, higher damage. higher utility Spike that you can get to 40 easier than a Spike (Lumi heroes cant be fina'd but their fuse/pull rates are lot higher than Special Units, they're basically middle ground between Special Units and Regular Units).

She's essentially a better, more common spike. Meaning shes great in everything, especially Towers/ PvP/ WB. Which is great cause I've neglected my Spike for so long :v:

In other news the 45 +5 3* units that I was saving yielded zero special units and zero Alicia

aaaaaaaaa

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Aww, May doesn't have Awaken in Korea yet. Her lore bit for it has to be great.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Aww, May doesn't have Awaken in Korea yet. Her lore bit for it has to be great.

it is too radiant to be released

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Elysia seems really good but she doesn't seem that sturdy. No auto-guard like Spike has, also no void shield or reflect/reduction, just regular old Immunity which isn't much to write about. She seems like she'll be prone to blowing herself up a lot on reflects, but for 3k fixed that's not a bad deal.

Her Awakening skill apparently effects the whole team despite the wording, so that's actually kind of insane. Since NMW has no pierce (IIRC anyway), she'll be immune to damage for 4 turns and can refresh your ailment immunity giving you 4 turns of petrify+bleed immunity, so an immediate replacement for Spike there. Probably not suitable for ID because 4 turns of immunity is gone instantly, you really need 6.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Elysia seems really good but she doesn't seem that sturdy. No auto-guard like Spike has, also no void shield or reflect/reduction, just regular old Immunity which isn't much to write about. She seems like she'll be prone to blowing herself up a lot on reflects, but for 3k fixed that's not a bad deal.

Her Awakening skill apparently effects the whole team despite the wording, so that's actually kind of insane. Since NMW has no pierce (IIRC anyway), she'll be immune to damage for 4 turns and can refresh your ailment immunity giving you 4 turns of petrify+bleed immunity, so an immediate replacement for Spike there. Probably not suitable for ID because 4 turns of immunity is gone instantly, you really need 6.

Big Bang might erase the awakening debuff immunity like it does Ling Ling in global though, so that might be one role spike is better in.

Our Alicia is just straight up better than the KR version, she pretty much has Awk Spike's passives with the HP 1 instead of Counters/Spd ignore def for all. So she can survive reflect atleast once and then you pray to RNG gods she uses her 3rd skill to get the Void shield or just pick up a guardian ring for her. She was a PvP monster in KR without the HP 1 so she's gonna be even crazier in global.

She becomes even better with Awk Chancellor (reduce reflect damage) and Awk Rook (Flat HP shield) who should coming soonish?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Crap yeah you're probably right about Big Bang. You could maybe pull 1 extra turn at best and I don't think any of her other skills are going to be very helpful there.

Guardian Ring does make sense, too bad it's such a pain getting a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
3 Hours till CR reset, will we be able to make S-Rank?! Currently 600k points off the goal.

In other news, I just realized the Alicia, Hellenia event literally cannot be completed without buying shards with Topaz :thumbsup:

• Locked thread