Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i don't understand what the president elect means when he tries to use words

im gonna eat some ice cream and im gonna think of cumshitter and baloogan while i do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"trump already has everything, he won't care" they said

except oops, it's donald trump

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
trump loves shitposting

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Baloogan is responsible entirely for Trump from now on.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
he just furious he didnt win one isnt he

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think I can handle the hot takes from the US president for the next 4 years, wondering if he'll cool off once actually in office

Probably not

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also lmao "doesn't know me"

yeah it's not like tv has been dedicated solely to your life for a year or anything

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rudatron posted:

I don't think I can handle the hot takes from the US president for the next 4 years, wondering if he'll cool off once actually in office

Probably not

trump has not changed an inch from beginning to end of this farce, i'm not sure where the "he'll suddenly become presidential" crowd are coming from

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The real question is why anyone cares about the golden globes

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

rudatron posted:

The real question is why anyone cares about the golden globes

trump's feud of the moment

will be forgotten about by the time of his press conference at most

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

he has a press conference this week and would rather talk about not mocking disabled dudes and how lame hollywood is than...gently caress...almost anything else

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Every time he does this I'm reminded how loving dead we all are.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
From day 1 Trump had been playing the media like a fiddle, the entire outrage machine that is 24 hr news is now chock full of the most inane poo poo, no one is talking about the meat of politics/policy

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

a man with a literally pathological need to 'hit back' even when it is damaging to himself is going to be in sole command of the world's second largest stockpile of nuclear weapons in less than two weeks

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Sleekly posted:

he has a press conference this week and would rather talk about not mocking disabled dudes and how lame hollywood is than...gently caress...almost anything else

press conference on wednesday is going to be a media circus, especially with obama giving his farewell address the day before and five confirmation hearings all scheduled the same day

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fallen Hamprince posted:

a man with a literally pathological need to 'hit back' even when it is damaging to himself is going to be in sole command of the world's second largest stockpile of nuclear weapons in less than two weeks

and so the question is: Mexico or China?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

I'm glad he's President, said the increasingly nervous right winger as his flesh starting to burn off.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Yinlock posted:

trump has not changed an inch from beginning to end of this farce, i'm not sure where the "he'll suddenly become presidential" crowd are coming from

i particularly like the ones that are saying he is totally going to become presidential once he takes the oath and totally get serious about being the president. im like what?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Also he's untouchable by anyone. Observe:

-dems: no one gives a poo poo what they think, totally locked out of power
-media: had totally lost credibility with the public, and partially because they said Trump was the next Hitler, he's not, all he has to do is not be Hitler and no one is going to believe the media when they cry wolf
- gop: more than happy to ride his coattails to get what they want, and absolutely cannot openly oppose Trump or their base will eat them alive. Trump may also start removing strong opponents and replacing them with loyalists

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rudatron posted:

From day 1 Trump had been playing the media like a fiddle, the entire outrage machine that is 24 hr news is now chock full of the most inane poo poo, no one is talking about the meat of politics/policy

it's because there's no meat to talk about

with trump all you have is horseshit, and if you treat that serious enough you start legitimizing terrible people and oh look fascists are back

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

rudatron posted:

trump is not a brilliant strategist trying to distract the media, he just does it naturally. remember how he blew up over the khan thing and sent his numbers into their worst downtick of the campaign (apart from pussy grab)?

its like looking at a toddler throwing a hissy fit over not getting candy for breakfast and going "hmm yes this child is doing an excellent job of distracting his parents from his mediocre report card". a lot of trumps effectiveness in manipulating the media isnt really intentional manipulation, its in his personality to have these kinds of petty feuds that the media loves to cover because at its heart american cable news is reality tv starring politicians

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
the gop/tea partiers were calling obama hitler for the longest time

rudatron your argument is poo poo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rudatron posted:

-media: had totally lost credibility with the public, and partial because they said Trump was the next Hitler, he's not, all he had to do is not be Hitler and no one is going to believe the media when they cry wolf

actually they didn't call him hitler, that's the problem

they should have called him hitler way more, because his bff is a nazi and he gets his opinions from the last person he talks to that strokes his ego.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

rudatron posted:

Also he's untouchable by anyone. Observe:

-dems: no one gives a poo poo what they think, totally locked out of power
-media: had totally lost credibility with the public, and partially because they said Trump was the next Hitler, he's not, all he has to do is not be Hitler and no one is going to believe the media when they cry wolf
- gop: more than happy to ride his coattails to get what they want, and absolutely cannot openly oppose Trump or their base will eat them alive. Trump may also start removing strong opponents and replacing them with loyalists

hmmm...so death is...certain?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

trump is not a brilliant strategist trying to distract the media, he just does it naturally. remember how he blew up over the khan thing and sent his numbers into their worst downtick of the campaign (apart from pussy grab)?

its like looking at a toddler throwing a hissy fit over not getting candy for breakfast and going "hmm yes this child is doing an excellent job of distracting his parents from his mediocre report card". a lot of trumps effectiveness in manipulating the media isnt really intentional manipulation, its in his personality to have these kinds of petty feuds that the media loves to cover because at its heart american cable news is reality tv starring politicians

yeah it's less "brilliant strategy" and more "the media are loving idiots"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
does trump respond to twitter trolls or just people who say something about him in the press?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JillianSed/status/818295313752588289

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jose posted:

does trump respond to twitter trolls or just people who say something about him in the press?

just press, i'm assuming someone reads out comments praising him and leaves out the rest.

because he can't read

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Jose posted:

I've wondered that myself. If I start trolling the future POTUS will he reply back to me?

EDIT: Lol is Vince Vaughn a conservative? Now I know why I hate that fucker.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/edatpost/status/818423752102998016

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/818433075231203328

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jose posted:

if you're not rich, powerful, or successful Trump doesn't give a poo poo about you as an individual

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

scoop if true

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

if you're not rich, powerful, or successful Trump doesn't give a poo poo about you as an individual

also the criteria for these three things are decided by donald trump

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Fallen Hamprince posted:

khan thing was just another thing in the campaign that most people didnt know/care about except for political junkies

trump just loves to tweet, strategy or no strategy

Jose posted:

he used to before his campaign, if you go back pre-2015 you can find a lot more interaction with his followers. he pretty much stopped since campaigning

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

i could see a twitter bot that constantly insults him getting attention

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

to get any kind of positive notice from trump you have to first get his attention then miraculously avoid tripping over the 400 landmines that will make him hate you instantly

only the stupidest have passed this rigorous test

(alternatively, you could be a nyc or russian elite and he'll love you instantly)

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Jose posted:

i could see a twitter bot that constantly insults him getting attention

there are dozens of them and they are pretty bad and stale imo, every iteration of the idea has been beaten into the ground

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mannerup posted:

there are dozens of them and they are pretty bad and stale imo, every iteration of the idea has been beaten into the ground

they seem to love mugs a lot

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Trump has gotta be the pettiest adult human I have ever witnessed.

But I gotta keep reminding myself, being petty and vindictive is why he was elected. Lots of Americans looked at that and were like "that's just how I'd act in his situation".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Martin Shkreli just got banned from Twitter for harassing a reporter.

• Locked thread