Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Skippy McPants posted:

Sadly, they only ever gave out official stats for popularity, though Liara wins there as well, barely edging out Garrus.

That's a whole bunch of loser unprepared paragon sheps ruining everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Is there any explanation for that number? Is it just number of missions where that party member is used? Because for much of the early game you're basically locked into Liara + Vega.

Lol 60% chose to sit behind cover and shoot mans.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

the good fax machine posted:

People like spamming Singularity, Lift, and Pull? What the gently caress?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

liara was cool, she's blue

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
i hope in the mass affect 4 they add a tinder-style app instead of planet scanning where you cruise the ship real close and it shows you a list of organisms you can gently caress and you swipe right a bunch until you get a match and then you can go to the planet to find that organism and gently caress it

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I love the stats for Quarians/Geth saving. Quarians get hosed in a bigger percentage only because exterminating the quarians is in the usual paragon decision spot and exterminating the geth is renegade.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

i hope in the mass affect 4 they add a tinder-style app instead of planet scanning where you cruise the ship real close and it shows you a list of organisms you can gently caress and you swipe right a bunch until you get a match and then you can go to the planet to find that organism and gently caress it

Game of the year

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

as long as I get my precious crafting materials I'm all up for it

i love me some crafting

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
You have to make sure to bring the correct container before your date.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

nerdz posted:

I love the stats for Quarians/Geth saving. Quarians get hosed in a bigger percentage only because exterminating the quarians is in the usual paragon decision spot and exterminating the geth is renegade.

They did a really good job of changing your opinion from "those poor Quarians" to "they had it coming and deserve total annihilation" after all of one loyalty mission.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

nerdz posted:

I don't remember how the decision was presented or phrased but I do remember being surprised at what I had actually chosen. Tali was jumping to her death and I was just thinking that there must have been some kind of misunderstanding...

But I was also totally cool with it because my choices in RPGs tend to be for getting maximum money/power or doing what I think will test the limits of the game's story or morality. In other games you might say "sure, let Tali die" but the actual outcome is her just thinking you're a jerk or going "oh, you!" and your choice actually didn't decide whether she survives or not.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Helith posted:

So who in this thread is in the USA and has pre-ordered Andromeda? because with it getting released 1-2 days later in Europe / Australia / rest of world, you are our guinea pigs and I'm relying on you to give us accurate tales of just how poo poo or good this actually turns out to be.

Yeah I can do that

I even preordered the delux edition since I had an Amazon gift card, so I can give full coverage.

I might be biased thought since I seem to be one of the few people who enjoyed playing DA: I

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Drifter posted:

I did that and lost half my (non essential) crew!!! :argh:

The key is to do every loyalty mission except for tali's before going to the reaper derelict. Then immediately do tali's loyalty mission with legion, and then immediately do legions mission after hers. Because his mission requires the Normandy to fly into deep space and has a cutscene with joker at the start, it cancels out the collector attack and let's you complete his loyalty mission without losing crew members.
The only downside to this is that you don't get all of legion's Normandy dialogue. I think you miss one conversation.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

SgtSteel91 posted:

Yeah I can do that

I even preordered the delux edition since I had an Amazon gift card, so I can give full coverage.

I might be biased thought since I seem to be one of the few people who enjoyed playing DA: I

Inquisition is a well-liked, popular game, and goon opinions are not really representative of the majority. Unless we now live in some alternate reality where everybody hated Skyrim and Alpha Protocol sold more than 10 copies at release.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Inquisition is a well-liked, popular game, and goon opinions are not really representative of the majority. Unless we now live in some alternate reality where everybody hated Skyrim and Alpha Protocol sold more than 10 copies at release.

It's still poo poo though.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

Actually it's good.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Andrast posted:

It's good. It is you who are poo poo.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

it was decent

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It was okay and a good base upon which to improve.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Arcsquad12 posted:

The only downside to this is that you don't get all of legion's Normandy dialogue. I think you miss one conversation.

Not really. You can not do some assignments or missions until after the Suicide Mission.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I never finished Inquisition, but I enjoyed what I played. I think something else came out that I wanted to play more and I never got back around to it. I should start a new game and play all the way through.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Lycus posted:

Not really. You can not do some assignments or missions until after the Suicide Mission.

You can completely every single sidequest in the game before the crew abduction + suicide mission will trigger. If Legion's loyalty is the only quest remaining, then the crew abduction sequence will fire immediately after that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

exquisite tea posted:

You can completely every single sidequest in the game before the crew abduction + suicide mission will trigger. If Legion's loyalty is the only quest remaining, then the crew abduction sequence will fire immediately after that.

Yeah, but if you save missions or assignments until after the SM, you can both save everyone and hear all his dialogue. That's what I'm talking about.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lycus posted:

Yeah, but if you save missions or assignments until after the SM, you can both save everyone and hear all his dialogue. That's what I'm talking about.

Oh, because after you beat the game it still lets you fly around the galaxy?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I honest to god never thought about doing that. I mean, it makes perfect sense, though.

It just seems wrong to do missions after you beat the final baddie.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Drifter posted:

I honest to god never thought about doing that. I mean, it makes perfect sense, though.

It just seems wrong to do missions after you beat the final baddie.

it works out real well in Inquisition -- finding the last Inquisitor and exploring trouble in the Deep Roads are fitting as "this is what the Inquisition does now that the big bad is dead" content

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Pattonesque posted:

it works out real well in Inquisition -- finding the last Inquisitor and exploring trouble in the Deep Roads are fitting as "this is what the Inquisition does now that the big bad is dead" content

poo poo. I haven't even gone to Orlais after Coryphyus hosed with Haven and I'm almost done with the Deep Roads questline. :negative:
I wish there'd be SOME mention as to the fact that it was dlc or whatever ingame :argh:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

SgtSteel91 posted:

Yeah I can do that

Same on all counts. And I bought Andromeda as a Christmas gift for a friend so technically I preordered it twice. Take that, thread!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

frajaq posted:

:psyduck: that Wrex statistic, what the gently caress

Sounds about right actually. Full renegade "kill everyone" runs in ME1 aside, console players didn't have ME1 saves to import until the interactive comic book DLC that came out much much later.

Wait I'm misremembering a bit. It was PS players of ME2 that couldn't even get ME1 on their platform.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 9, 2017

Veotax
May 16, 2006

DancingShade posted:

Sounds about right actually. Full renegade "kill everyone" runs in ME1 aside, console players didn't have ME1 saves to import until the interactive comic book DLC that came out much much later.

Wait I'm misremembering a bit. It was PS players of ME2 that couldn't even get ME1 on their platform.

You're right that it was the PS3 that didn't get ME1 until after ME3 came out, but ME2 on PS3 shipped with the interactive comic DLC. ME3 on the Wii U shipped with the ME3 version of the comic.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Yeah, I think Mass Effect was originally an Xbox game, then was later released on PC.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Reminds me of the problems I had with Inquisition and the "Keep" or whatever it was. I had played the whole ME trilogy as a bundle so I was looking forward to carrying over my DA2 save to Inquisition but I could never get it to work. It was never going to feel right anyway since DA:I's Hawke felt so boring compared to the goofy dork my Hawke was in 2.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

DancingShade posted:

Yeah, 360 players at least could import saves from start to finish.

Lobok posted:

Reminds me of the problems I had with Inquisition and the "Keep" or whatever it was. I had played the whole ME trilogy as a bundle so I was looking forward to carrying over my DA2 save to Inquisition but I could never get it to work. It was never going to feel right anyway since DA:I's Hawke felt so boring compared to the goofy dork my Hawke was in 2.

If you 'sync' your data with the Keep it can generate a world state to import, as I recall, but I went through and just picked all the things I did and didn't do.

I think if you set your Hawke to have a sarcastic attitude, that shows up a little but DAI Hawke is largely "mad about blood magic" and doesn't really have much else to comment about.

edit: holy poo poo ME3 was on the Wii U?

Which reminds me that they have officially decided to not put MEA on the Switch.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 9, 2017

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah, 360 players at least could import saves from start to finish.

If you 'sync' your data with the Keep it can generate a world state to import, as I recall, but I went through and just picked all the things I did and didn't do.

I think if you set your Hawke to have a sarcastic attitude, that shows up a little but DAI Hawke is largely "mad about blood magic" and doesn't really have much else to comment about.

At the beginning it was a piss-off because I expected something like Mass Effect, but yeah, once I got far enough into the game I realized the effects of DA2 or my time as Hawke really weren't going to change much in my game anyway.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lycus posted:

poo poo, must have missed that, then. I saved Lair of the Shadow Broker for after the main mission, because I feel it makes more sense to play it there, but I figured all the character dialogue was tapped out after the "congrats on beating the Collector Base" comments from all the squad members.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

SgtSteel91 posted:

Yeah I can do that

Don't worry I enjoyed DAI.

I also didn't manage to finish the Witcher 3 because I didn't find it... well not as much "not fun" but I just didn't particularly mind too much about it. Still a good game though.

Really wish I could play Alpha Protocol 2 though.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 9, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

poo poo, must have missed that, then. I saved Lair of the Shadow Broker for after the main mission, because I feel it makes more sense to play it there, but I figured all the character dialogue was tapped out after the "congrats on beating the Collector Base" comments from all the squad members.

Yeah, they go back to normal afterward.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Did you need DLC or something to keep playing after ME2's ending? All I remember is killing the Reaper, then deciding whether to hand the keys over to Martin Sheen or blow everything up, then the credits rolled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Nevets posted:

Did you need DLC or something to keep playing after ME2's ending? All I remember is killing the Reaper, then deciding whether to hand the keys over to Martin Sheen or blow everything up, then the credits rolled.

Nope, after the credits roll you get a page of text that amounts to 'congrats on finishing the game!' and it drops you back into the game in the Normandy's CIC, some characters even have special dialogue for talking to them after finishing the game.