Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Johnny Aztec posted:

I'm sure Tarquin tried to rez his wife, if only to find out who was behind her murder.

Also, it'd be an extra level of dickishness.

I kinda doubt it. Tarquin goes through wives like other men go through clean socks. I'm sure he just shrugged and said "well, I was getting bored with her anyway." Note that it had only been days since his last wife's death and he was already lining up her replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Nilbop posted:

I remember the bad days back when Rich glassed his thumb and literally couldn't work for 3 months, and this feels like 1-strip-a-month update speed itself. Does anyone know what the deal is?

In addition to the medical stuff, I vaguely recall something about the new style being way more time consuming than his old one, but he's going to keep with it because he was getting bored of the comic and this was a way to keep his interest.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Isn't he still working on backer rewards from his last kickstarter too? Or did he finish all that.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

the backer awards will never be finished
when one is done, two more rise to take it's place

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Tenebrais posted:

Isn't he still working on backer rewards from his last kickstarter too? Or did he finish all that.

Oh, he's got a ways to go.

The kickstarter was the first really big and successful one for a webcomic. He had no idea how successful it would be, and he was sort of blazing a trail, so it's actually pretty understandable he didn't know what he had gotten himself into.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

greatn posted:

It's 2016. Might be a bad idea

Rich better leave the entire plot outline in his will. If he weren't dead, his fans would murder him for dying before getting to finish the story.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

nimby posted:

Rich better leave the entire plot outline in his will. If he weren't dead, his fans would murder him for dying before getting to finish the story.

It's in a sealed envelope at George R R Martin's house.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

greatn posted:

It's in a sealed envelope at George R R Martin's house.

In an alternate world, GRRM and Rich have entrusted endings with each other but each has read the other's and the two series become very confused, with ASoIaF making complicated storycrafting and D&D rule jokes and Rich brutally killing off members of the Order.

e: HBO execs become very confused, unhappy

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Oh, he's got a ways to go.

The kickstarter was the first really big and successful one for a webcomic. He had no idea how successful it would be, and he was sort of blazing a trail, so it's actually pretty understandable he didn't know what he had gotten himself into.

Also he was absolutely determined not to make any money off it, so as the preorders stacked up he kept on spending all the money saved from larger print runs by adding yet more stuff to existing tiers.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Speaking of Kickstarter, an update just went out. The Autumn installment of the Monsters for Every Season book is available now.

He's also put a deadline (something he's never done) for his next update to be Feb 22nd.

I expect we'll get a strip soon, as he's got a history of updating the strip shortly after updating Kickstarter.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
Wow, I checked back, and the last updates for the mini's was in 2012 and 2013. I remember thinking back then that my son is too little to play with cardstock mini's, but he is 7 now, so I'm, heading to my local print shop tomorrow and getting the Spring, Summer, and Autumn sets printed. Should be fun project assembling all of them.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
I feel kinda sorry for the people who got the "patience" crayon drawing-tier.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Shaking lemur butt posted:

I feel kinda sorry for the people who got the "patience" crayon drawing-tier.

I love Rich, and think his work ethic and his ethics around the Kickstarter in general are admirable, but let's be real: it is more likely than not that at least some of those people are dead now.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I want to now if any of them regretted opting for patience on their death beds.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i know that on my deathbed, my primary regret will be not getting a stick figure drawing in crayon someone on the internet promised me

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i know that on my deathbed, my primary regret will be not getting a stick figure drawing in crayon someone on the internet promised me

That is why you become a hungry ghost out for revenge.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Android Blues posted:

I love Rich, and think his work ethic and his ethics around the Kickstarter in general are admirable, but let's be real: it is more likely than not that at least some of those people are dead now.

Okay this made me sad.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Bowie should have manned up and gotten one of the guaranteed ones.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

Maldraedior posted:

Bowie should have manned up and gotten one of the guaranteed ones.

Rich posts a comic a day where Bowie is now~~

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

That is why you become a hungry ghost out for revenge.

Nono, a Gearghost

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

ConfusedUs posted:

I expect we'll get a strip soon, as he's got a history of updating the strip shortly after updating Kickstarter.

I hate being wrong. :(

I hope Rich is OK.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This has been a long gap.

Is there some spergin' calendar somewhere that records the date each comic was posted?

Of course there is: http://oots.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Order_of_the_Stick_Comics:_Current_Storylines

20 days, then 15, and current count up to 16. Only had 36 comics over all of 2014.

ArgumentatumE.C.T. fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 7, 2017

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

This has been a long gap.

Is there some spergin' calendar somewhere that records the date each comic was posted?

Of course there is: http://oots.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Order_of_the_Stick_Comics:_Current_Storylines

20 days, then 15, and current count up to 16. Only had 36 comics over all of 2014.

Yes but it has also been Christmas plenty of things have been delayed due to the holidays.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Did update a while ago.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1062.html

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I missed that one. Oh my.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Looking at that list puts it into perspective. We've been reading the Order fight the Frost Giants since August. :sigh:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
So the crew is just okay with this? Kinda feel like if I saw someone smash the captain's head in I'd maybe not treat them as the new captain, because this isn't a bandit tribe.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

So the crew is just okay with this? Kinda feel like if I saw someone smash the captain's head in I'd maybe not treat them as the new captain, because this isn't a bandit tribe.

They're in the middle of serious battle, that question can wait

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Technically it kind of is.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

I think it's not that they're okay, but that they still need someone to give orders, and the former cap'n is unconscious. I wasn't expecting this to be the snapping point, because Bandanna did have a good explanation for rejecting Andy's "turn off the pass" suggestion.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Man, Roy is gonna have SUCH a scathing monologue about how she just doomed the entire world

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Johnny Aztec posted:

Man, Roy is gonna have SUCH a scathing monologue about how she just doomed the entire world

Roy shaming people for loving things up because of their own bullshit is one of the best parts of the comic.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Johnny Aztec posted:

Maybe we'll see it by 2018.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

wdarkk posted:

Maybe we'll see it by 2018.

Rush him too much and he'll injure his hand again.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Rand Brittain posted:

Technically it kind of is.

Are you forgetting the pirate pledge?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Roy was dead for literal years I'm not sure why people are still surprised at the random update schedule

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Len posted:

Roy was dead for literal years I'm not sure why people are still surprised at the random update schedule

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Johnny Aztec posted:

RandallODim posted:

Roy shaming people for loving things up because of their own bullshit is one of the best parts of the comic.

He enjoys it a little too much.

...and so do I.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I can't help but notice that Bandana's eyes are obscured so that you can't tell if she's just unconscious or if she's actually dead.

Which means she's probably all right. Maybe.

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

W.T. Fits posted:

I can't help but notice that Bandana's eyes are obscured so that you can't tell if she's just unconscious or if she's actually dead.

Which means she's probably all right. Maybe.

:ohdear:

I doubt it, being knocked unconscious is, like, super bad for you. She'll want to schedule an appointment with a neurologist as soon as she can.