Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Guy Goodbody posted:

That raises a good point, will there be a Switch Fit?

We've already had like 6 here in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

irlZaphod posted:

I hope there is no significant supply shortage and everyone can enjoy fun video games at an affordable price lol

I doubt there will be for their premier console but better safe than sorry for pre orders

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

We've already had like 6 here in this thread

lmfao

Electromax
May 6, 2007
They should allocate & prioritize Switches based on how many club nintendo coins you collected during the Wii U lifecycle.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

They should allocate Switches based on how much time you've spent on Miiverse and Miitomo.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kashuno posted:

If Nintendo can't allocate more than 100k units to Gamestop of all people they need to seriously figure out their manufacturing hangups. I get that there might artificial scarcity in there but god drat. That's way low.

Yeah why won't Nintendo give this dying company (whose core business model revolves around selling games that Nintendo doesn't get a profit on) all of the Switches?!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They should allocate Switches based on how many times I've shouted "NINTENDO SWITCH" into my bathroom mirror. Especially all the times I shouted too loud and my mom told me to quiet down so she can hear her stories.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I guess there's really no reason to not wait a bit after launch to Switch It Up, especially if the Splatoon port/update isn't a launch title.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

I guess there's really no reason to not wait a bit after launch to Switch It Up, especially if the Splatoon port/update isn't a launch title.

You're right it would suck to play GOTY breath of the wild as soon as possible everywhere you go.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
My uncle works at GameStop and says their location in Dumpwater, Florida will only have one switch. A hickory switch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Games are less important to preorder because you can get them digital

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

glassyalabolas posted:

taken from a Reddit post where the OP's friend was in a GameStop meeting:

All I want is a BOTW Switch edition and it'll be day one for me.

That thing about promotional material basically guarantees leaks before Thursday, right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I don't want to stay up super late to watch the direct but I probably won't be able to sleep because I'll be thinking Oh man what are they showing off this instant as I try to drift off to sleep (what time will it be on, cst wise?)

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tender Bender posted:

You're right it would suck to play GOTY breath of the wild as soon as possible everywhere you go.

Yeah but I have such a backlog already...

I hope it's good though

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Calaveron posted:

Man I don't want to stay up super late to watch the direct but I probably won't be able to sleep because I'll be thinking Oh man what are they showing off this instant as I try to drift off to sleep (what time will it be on, cst wise?)

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20170112T22&p0=874&font=cursive

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I might actually get physical media for the Switch cause I like carts I dunno why

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

deadwing posted:

Yeah why won't Nintendo give this dying company (whose core business model revolves around selling games that Nintendo doesn't get a profit on) all of the Switches?!

Gamestop is still a fortune 500 company, the major game retailer in the United States, and doing just peachy lmfao

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

cant resell a download when collectors are going gaga over retro switch carts. just a little protip for ya

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Gamestop is still a fortune 500 company, the major game retailer in the United States, and doing just peachy lmfao

id like to purchase one peachy lmfao, pls

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Nintendo games hold there value VERY VERY well, especially compared to the other consoles. Even a derided game like Star Fox Zero is $30ish used, Doom a well loved crossplatform and very recent was $15ish used.

Usually Nintendo games stay about $40 used, forever.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I guess in Theory I should be able to go to a gamestop when they first open on Friday and pre order this drat thing right? gently caress trying to do it online that poo poo aint gonna work.

Does Bestbuy do instore preorders? I've never done it with them. poo poo I I haven't pre-ordered poo poo in years.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MarcusSA posted:

So I guess in Theory I should be able to go to a gamestop when they first open on Friday and pre order this drat thing right? gently caress trying to do it online that poo poo aint gonna work.

Does Bestbuy do instore preorders? I've never done it with them. poo poo I I haven't pre-ordered poo poo in years.

Try it online thursday night/ early friday morning.

If you don't get a pre-order scheduled then go to gamestop or walmart/target in the morning.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dexo posted:

Try it online thursday night.

If you don't get a pre-order scheduled then go to gamestop in the morning.

Alright sounds good. I'm sure their servers are gonna get hammered.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm just wondering if I need to line up outside of my local Gamestop immediately after the presentation or if I can wait until 6am. Amiibo crashed their systems nationwide the last time I waited in line for a limited Nintendo thing and even being second in line didn't guarantee an order.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Bad games are expensive on Nintendo whereas good games are cheap on modern consoles. Got it. Definitely going to preorder a Switch now.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Folks, I can't go into details but I promise there's enough Nintendo Switch units to go around... you'll get yours on release day, don't fret ;)

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Sears is a fortune 500 company too, doesn't mean they're not dying

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dehry posted:

I'm just wondering if I need to line up outside of my local Gamestop immediately after the presentation or if I can wait until 6am. Amiibo crashed their systems nationwide the last time I waited in line for a limited Nintendo thing and even being second in line didn't guarantee an order.

Probably best to do it immediately after the presentation is over and we'd appreciate it if you live posted while you wait to give us an idea of how it's going, how many people show up, things like that

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Reiley posted:

Folks, I can't go into details but I promise there's enough Nintendo Switch units to go around... you'll get yours on release day, don't fret ;)

Guitar Center is getting Switches???

deadwing posted:

Sears is a fortune 500 company too, doesn't mean they're not dying

I don't know why you're arguing Nintendo shouldn't be making sure the main videogame brick and mortar store in the US gets a good stock of a product.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reiley posted:

I can go into details

If you don't preorder a Switch YOU WILL NEVER FIND ONE! THEY ARE ONLY EVER MAKING 1 WAVE OF THEM!

My uncle told me

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kashuno posted:

I don't know why you're arguing Nintendo shouldn't be making sure the main videogame brick and mortar store in the US gets a good stock of a product.

Because brick and mortar game stores deserve to die for being bad

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm basically trying to make myself feel better about not getting one of them at launch because I can't go to Gamestop/BestBuy Friday morning when they open and I feel like the online pre-order deal is gonna be a crapshoot

Yeah those Zelda games; who needs 'em! The joke is on you Nintendo I've become a joyless adult immune to the Extremely Cute and Good games you routinely produce!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

here's something i thought of at a red light while reading this thread:

"botw wow wow yippee yo yippee yea"

i'm trying to make the other words zelda related before i finish my drive

Stay safe out there.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah those Zelda games; who needs 'em! The joke is on you Nintendo I've become a joyless adult immune to the Extremely Cute and Good games you routinely produce!

Who plays Pokemon anymore? Why would I want to play an enhanced version of Pokemon with a stable framerate?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

MarcusSA posted:

I walked to my Neighborhood Gamestop to ask this and they have confirmed yes

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bef posted:

I walked to my Neighborhood Gamestop to ask this and they have confirmed yes

Ok because I called mine and the dude said he has no idea and hung up on me lmao.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How the gently caress do stores even work in the US? You can't preorder yet?

You can literally just walk into an EBGames here in Aus and preorder one right now. I know I did.
Or you can one preorder online (It's a $50 deposit. That's just a temp price)

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
They said they don't have any "specifics" about the pre order but certainly will, right after the live Nintendo Switch presentation Thursday Night 10 pm Central be there or be squared

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Pre-orders tend to become available when the actual product has a confirmed price, date, games, and accessories, instead of just being able to go in today and pre-order a Playstation 7 or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

How the gently caress do stores even work in the US? You can't preorder yet?

You can literally just walk into an EBGames here in Aus and preorder one right now. I know I did.
Or you can one preorder online (It's a $50 deposit. That's just a temp price)

Yeah, they won't sell you a preorder of a system when there's no release date and no price and they don't know how many they're getting

• Locked thread