Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

anthonypants posted:

final fantasy crystal chronicles came out well before four swords

i did not know that

but final fantasy was always the poor kid's chrono trigger

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

prefect posted:

i can't remember any more of the lyrics (i normally have them on the tip of my brain), because this song has been in my brain all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9FiL7mz_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRiYP7CMNbQ

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

abraham linkedin posted:

yeah, a finger

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Stymie posted:

nintendo is smart which is why they're dipping their toes in the entertainment app market only as far as to milk stupid entertainment app users and satisfy stupid shareholder demands

they can use those profits to continue to make the most successful gaming devices on the market and the best games

yes they must steadfastly refuse to adapt to a watershed change in their core market for fear of cannibalizing their existing products, that is a proven long-term strategy

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

im the MT-32 awwwwww yeah

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i would make this

most expensive part is the roland i imagine??

e: wait i can get one for $40?

https://www.amazon.ca/ROLAND-MT-32-Original-Factory-Created/dp/B01HVTDE9Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483997253&sr=8-1&keywords=roland+mt-32

lmao thats a CD

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 9, 2017

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

yes they must steadfastly refuse to adapt to a watershed change in their core market for fear of cannibalizing their existing products, that is a proven long-term strategy

hrrm they could continue to make the products that are consistently the best selling and consistently profitable while dabbling in a side market that can only be profitable in the short term

or they could go whole hog on the capricious whims of said entirely new market that already is showing signs of radical instability

hrrm

hrrrrrmery

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

echinopsis posted:

i'm intrigued for sure. big doses supremacy but am intrigued by the potential effects. some people though aren't using sub threshold doses and just taking very low doses and thinking s it's the same thing. isn't idea that essentially you don't feel like you're on drugs (at all) but in retrospect you can kinda see they influenced your day? and only doing t every few days

idk i'm into that. into that idea with mescaline tbh but not much been written about that. should be mushroom time soon too so tempted to give that a go

still always gonna prefer to trip out but opportunities for doing so are growing thinner by the year. i have a huge couple doses of mescaline just dying to be used, with some ondansetron to make t easy.. but finding aj entire day in my life which i can just take off and get hosed up? wow that's a rare thing indeedio now

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

did someone post a video of a guy reviewing a roland system here in the pics thread? some bald guy - cant find it in my history :(

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Vintersorg posted:

did someone post a video of a guy reviewing a roland system here in the pics thread? some bald guy - cant find it in my history :(

Was it a new vocal effects unit ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdwpxgfYPtM

jre fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 9, 2017

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

nah just some guy going into the old roland device -- there is a lot of videos on youtube but i cant find the one that was posted here

it's pure needle in a haystack :(

was done in the past couple weeks but cant parse anything really, i apparently just watched it but never replied

checked my various youtube history things and nothing

e: found it somehow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMmFcs-_4x4

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Stymie posted:

hrrm they could continue to make the products that are consistently the best selling and consistently profitable while dabbling in a side market that can only be profitable in the short term

or they could go whole hog on the capricious whims of said entirely new market that already is showing signs of radical instability

hrrm

hrrrrrmery

i am very glad that nintendo hasn't adopted the predatory f2p elements that ever other dev with phone games has

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ArmZ posted:

so german
complete with nazi salute

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
its pretty funny that nintendo couldn't manage to sell as many wii u systems as they sold gamecubes, their previous worst selling console

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

I like how

same! saaaaaaame!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
ah gently caress. we missed it.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

anthonypants posted:

it got celebrated last year

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Vintersorg posted:

this one?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

anthonypants posted:

that's my birthday :kimchi:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Moist von Lipwig posted:

that's my birthday :kimchi:

grats on making it to a year

FacePalmExpert
Dec 10, 2014

[imagine a clever quip here]

Dr. Honked posted:

Hewlett Packard brought out a calculator watch in 1977 that was pretty neat-o - the HP-01

Yeah, that's pretty cool. In all honesty, I actually had no idea that so many different "smart" watches have been designed and made.
A quick search brought up all these too (and there are so many more!):

I like this one with the tiny antenna that would totally get snagged and broken on any number of things:

Hey - thanks, this was neat to see.

FacePalmExpert fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 10, 2017

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Salt Fish posted:

I like how the corvette owner conscripted those poor people to push his sports car.

a corvette is barely a sports car

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

quote:

Have you ever seen homosexual behaviour in spiders? You have now.

These are two male Monocentropus balfouri. When there are a large number of males in the communal this is a very common sight. They even ignore receptive females in favour of other males. I’ve seen this behaviour in Holothele incei (another communal species) as well.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:rip:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFfIjsIoGW8

that certainly is a thing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:[

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

i prefer the old analog mind-control devices, they just feel 'warmer'

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

FacePalmExpert posted:

I like this one with the tiny antenna that would totally get snagged and broken on any number of things:

han solo had a similar setup in the man from U.N.C.L.E, and it never gave him trouble

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Improbable Lobster posted:

quote:

Have you ever seen homosexual behaviour in spiders? You have now.

These are two male Monocentropus balfouri. When there are a large number of males in the communal this is a very common sight. They even ignore receptive females in favour of other males. I’ve seen this behaviour in Holothele incei (another communal species) as well.
          /
         /
https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/448240882710757376

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

if I ever find myself on yahoo I already alt-taba my way outta there, but thanks

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Scott Forstall posted:

if I ever find myself on yahoo I already alt-taba my way outta there, but thanks

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Scott Forstall posted:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbKGjRoSofA&hd=1

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Scott Forstall posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

• Locked thread