Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Is that a Jabba crew card in the main picture? Above the Merchant One title card?

it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

enigmahfc posted:

That Cikatro card is just a really good example of FFG having really badly written cards. If I use it on a tournament, does that mean I can bring all my illicit cards and make a side stack of cards I can go through, and will I need to list all of the illicits in that side stack on my squad list sheet?

Also, this is great. Maybe make a permanently cloaked Polab and have an invisible ghost stealing all your tokens :ghost:

You just bring a stack of illicits. Nowhere does it suggest you have to list them or anything. You just swap for any other.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Lol, a near death Shadowcaster can swap a Crane /Feedback Array or something to a Deadman's Switch and then detonate itself.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
So here's an observation-one of the pilot bases for the M3A in the preview is PS1. What do you think the odds are that, together with the Light Scyk title, we're going to see the first 11 point ship?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So here's an observation-one of the pilot bases for the M3A in the preview is PS1. What do you think the odds are that, together with the Light Scyk title, we're going to see the first 11 point ship?

Zero. It'll have an illicit, just like the Z-95.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

I so hope Jabba's a team instead of a double crew :haw:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Strobe posted:

Lol, a near death Shadowcaster can swap a Crane /Feedback Array or something to a Deadman's Switch and then detonate itself.

Ayyy something useful to do with my poop chute Manaroo.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Devlan Mud posted:

I so hope Jabba's a team instead of a double crew :haw:

Cargo upgrade. :)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Chill la Chill posted:

Dammit. Where the hell do you people even store your epic ships?

This and the MTG banhamer event causing all sorts of ruckuss is making my morning.

On top of my bookcase in my bedroom? I have my entire fleet up there, and jsut take ships down to go in my case for games.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

If they made epic ships slightly larger than the previous ones, you could at least start making them into a nesting doll. I might start burying them in my garden in the front yard as lawn ornaments.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Chill la Chill posted:

If they made epic ships slightly larger than the previous ones, you could at least start making them into a nesting doll. I might start burying them in my garden in the front yard as lawn ornaments.

Hang them from a mobile so baby humans have something to look at?

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
I can't get clean pictures on my phone but I'm hearing there's five copies of a new cannon. Can someone confirm/deny?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Smegmalicious posted:

I can't get clean pictures on my phone but I'm hearing there's five copies of a new cannon. Can someone confirm/deny?

Yes. Can't tell what it is, though. With 5 copies I bet it's cheap and intended for the Sycks.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Comedy option: Weapon jamming beam.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Comedy option: Weapon jamming beam.

That seems more of a Rebel thing. They've got lots of "gently caress your red dice" stuff now, while Scum has all the "gently caress your green dice" things.

Imperials are just like "My dice gently caress."

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Let me be the first to say: haha scum epic and no starviper fix.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Chemmy posted:

Let me be the first to say: haha scum epic and no starviper fix.

I bet anything we'll see a Starviper/K-fighter double pack in the future.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Strobe posted:

Zero. It'll have an illicit, just like the Z-95.

See, I'm not so sure about that. After all, the base M3-A doesn't have an illicit, whereas scum Z-95s do. And while 9 ships of any configuration would be a daunting target, the title is explicitly designed to make them easier to shoot down or cripple.

I mean, I'm not saying it's likely that's what we're getting, but I certainly think it's possible.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
You're limited to eight of one kind of ship in epic play; it'd be really weird for that not to remain true in tournament play.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I'm at work, and Fantasy Flight is blocked. What new Epic ship was introduced?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

IronSaber posted:

I'm at work, and Fantasy Flight is blocked. What new Epic ship was introduced?

C-ROC Cruiser (Gozanti variant) with M3-A Interceptor.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Chill la Chill posted:

Like, can you turn the epic ships into something useful? Maybe some sort of lamp or an oversized pepper grinder? Looking for ideas here.

I put mine into bottles but I haven't figured out how to get them out yet

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

C-ROC Cruiser (Gozanti variant) with M3-A Interceptor.

Hot drat, that's pretty rad!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

IronSaber posted:

Hot drat, that's pretty rad!

Yeah, they haven't shown off too much yet, but it's definitely pretty interesting. Some pics:

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I'm waiting for the "A-HA!" moment when they reveal how they're going to get us to actually buy the scum epic ship.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I'm waiting for the "A-HA!" moment when they reveal how they're going to get us to actually buy the scum epic ship.

Jabba crew, new cannons, and I'm going to guess that one of the 5-of-this-card ones might be a Kihraxz fix.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Strobe posted:

You're limited to eight of one kind of ship in epic play; it'd be really weird for that not to remain true in tournament play.

If 9 ships is made possible with 11 point PS1 light Sycks, I'm going to laugh my head off if people buy 5 or more copies of the C-ROC to do that.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

canyoneer posted:

If 9 ships is made possible with 11 point PS1 light Sycks, I'm going to laugh my head off if people buy 5 or more copies of the C-ROC to do that.

The PS1 guy will probably be 11 points with the light title, but will be unique. Calling it now.

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005
The text says four new scyk aces, and the last two pilot cards in the fan match the two old generic scyks. With Seven pilot cards (one for the C-ROC) this means the pilot skills of 7, 6, 3, and 1 are "aces". This is potentially the first pilot skill 1 unique, and we don't have to worry about 9 ship swarms.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Is that a new damage deck?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I can't wait for the Quadjumper now.

Some Numbers posted:

Is that a new damage deck?

Epic ships have their own damage decks.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

All epic ships have their own special damage decks. Plural.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Oh wow, so they have their own critical hits? Interesting.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I love the IDEA of the epic ships. Haven't played with one and everything I've read says not to unless you're doing a campaign.

Some of the guys at league are doing Aturi, wish I had known to get in on that. And that the was an Empire and Scum version.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I love the IDEA of the epic ships. Haven't played with one and everything I've read says not to unless you're doing a campaign.

Some of the guys at league are doing Aturi, wish I had known to get in on that. And that the was an Empire and Scum version.

You dont play an epic ship to win but goddamn are they fun to use, I've enjoyed running and playing 150 point 'must use an epic ship' game to get that style of game without dragging out the time too long.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya there's nothing wrong with Epic games. They're casual games of X-Wing plus a big gently caress off ship or two on one or both sides.

It's also awesome destroying ships by making contact with them. That never gets old.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I personally don't like epic games because how cumbersome the large ships are. Take a normal game with all the dumb amounts of marking ships and multiply it by 5 due to the increased number of ships and the ultra large huge base(s). Game-wise it's ok but just like playing EDH with magic cards, the game wasn't designed around that type of play and I'd rather play a different board game for that type of need. So a heavy 3-4 hour euro or wargame.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Haha anyone who flies that close to an epic ship deserves what they get: a one-way ticket to the demolition derby.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Epic with one Transport/Gozanti/Presumably C-ROC is alright as sort of a casual thing, but the game is balanced for 100 points, not 300. The Raider and Corvette just take too many points and dominate the game too much that it's less X-Wing and more "Sink the Bismarck!" but with spaceships and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Sorry for dbl post but SCUM EPIC

LOOK A RADAR DISH

• Locked thread