Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

VendoViper posted:

The best thing I ever did was learn the attack scripting hot keys for giving orders to troops, hover over their orders and press 'h' for "hold and attack" and then press 'c' for "closest". That and "control groups" for commander orders, ctrl+1 to save (hold) (hold) (hold) (hold) (hold) stay behind troops.

I tend to overdo it by using all numbers from 0 to 9 to hold my scripts. After filling up all keys I then start forgetting which number was which script. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
There's a hotkey to check that now. Got added fairly recently. It's maybe "i"

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Speleothing posted:

There's a hotkey to check that now. Got added fairly recently. It's maybe "i"

I typically just mash each button until I find the saved commands I want.

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing
? is the best hotkey, it displays all the other hotkeys for the current window.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Culka posted:

? is the best hotkey, it displays all the other hotkeys for the current window.
This is actually helpful, so I choose to disbelieve this is actually in Dom4.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the key to see what your saved scripts is is ctrl s

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.

violent sex idiot posted:

the key to see what your saved scripts is is ctrl s

<tim and eric mind blown.gif> That is amazing! So far my tactic has been press numbers one through nine until I find the one I am looking for.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Lord Koth posted:

Heh, all true. Communions are another thing where it becomes "interesting", because masters will cheerfully murder their entire group of slaves if you're not really cautious - on the most banal of battles at that.

Be very careful with fire mage masters in communions especially, as they love to cast Phoenix Pyre if given half a chance. Phoenix Pyre is a personal buff you generally do NOT want propagating to a bunch of slaves, especially if they're grouped and have low fire resistance.

That said, I saw a fun thing happen where a communion master went off-script and cast blink, and all my slaves ended up randomly scattered across the battlefield.

I feel like you could combine that with phoenix pyre somehow for maximum lols.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

on a related note, do pendants of vengeance only blow up once??

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

on a related note, do pendants of vengeance only blow up once??

they blow up when you die and you only tend to die once

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

but if you phoenix pyre...

does that replace death, then?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Quick poll: should players have more (5-6) neighbors or less (3-4) for more interesting games. Generally the more neighbors there are, the more pure diplo trumps game mechanics.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Corbeau posted:

Quick poll: should players have more (5-6) neighbors or less (3-4) for more interesting games. Generally the more neighbors there are, the more pure diplo trumps game mechanics.

I'd say neither. More neighbors don't make the game more interesting, just faster paced. More fights, but on a smaller scale. Likewise, less neighbor slow down the pacing, but you get more impressive battles out of the deal. If you balance everything out, nothing changes.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Corbeau posted:

how are you defining neighbors here?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Best ppp is one

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Best ppp is one

"Pearly Penile Papules, or PPP, are small, white coloured spots that form around the base of the glans on the penis . "

??? ??? ???

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

"Pearly Penile Papules, or PPP, are small, white coloured spots that form around the base of the glans on the penis . "

??? ??? ???

Provinces Per Player.

Though Pearly Penile Papules is probably better.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point-to-Point_Protocol

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

how are you defining neighbors here?

People you're likely to end up bordering after initial expansion (because there's no one else in between).

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Corbeau posted:

People you're likely to end up bordering after initial expansion (because there's no one else in between).

so like assuming roughly 15 Pearly Penile Papules? i would say off the cuff that 3-4 is the better range.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
JBBM v3: Spring Edition

Link

Changelog:

- EA Atlantis' Living Pillars cost les res and are somewhat better (maybe too much somewhat better idk, they're down to enc 7 and cost 38 rather than 56 res), and Coral Priests have W1H1
- Hoburg crossbows are more expensive, and Lava-Born are cheaper
- Indie light infantry and archers of various kinds are MM2
- Triarii are now MM2
- Erinyes are lifeless so they don't get instagibbed by the blood mages they're supposed to fight
- Eastern dragons now also have recuperation.

For the next version I will be doing a ~blood magic rebalance~ so if anyone has any feelings on for example whether the "send to hell" stuff should be MRN or have the potential to miss or whatever post your thoughts (nb: there is stuff I can't really mod like the speed at which slaves are pulled in, at least without tons of event modding that will lag the game to poo poo and probably not work as intended)

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Corbeau posted:

oh poo poo are you resurrecting your dom4 map generator project? I was sad when you stopped posting about it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

jBrereton posted:

For the next version I will be doing a ~blood magic rebalance~ so if anyone has any feelings on for example whether the "send to hell" stuff should be MRN or have the potential to miss or whatever post your thoughts (nb: there is stuff I can't really mod like the speed at which slaves are pulled in, at least without tons of event modding that will lag the game to poo poo and probably not work as intended)

Make Leech precision -10.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

jBrereton posted:

some thoughts on blood:
make all of the good blood spells more expensive but i assume you're already planning on doing that (or maybe you already did? i vaguely recall us talking about it before). also yeah make leech less obviously good probably. if possible make AC horror mark the caster and continually have a chance (~25-50%?) of adding more every turn, also probably swap it with looming hell. life for a life should probably at least be mr negates maybe just lower range? (or give it a precision penalty :getin: )

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Certainly got making blood spells more expensive .dm saved yeah, forums poster howareu asked for it (it's split off from the baudindraft thing that never happened)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

make wishing for armageddon prevent anyone from blood hunting for the rest of the game, because it just fucks everyone

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Make a spell that copies that bogus event where he steals your slaves but make it a lot more slaves (maybe based on turn number like heroes) and give an accessible national copy to all of the good guy nations. It probably won't be viable but it t would be fun and cool.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Add a male blood slave icon and make half the blood slaves be men on the battle map.

Also make vampires randomly eat blood slaves in any prov where there are some.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hmm

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

jBrereton posted:

JBBM v3: Spring Edition

Link

Changelog:

- EA Atlantis' Living Pillars cost les res and are somewhat better (maybe too much somewhat better idk, they're down to enc 7 and cost 38 rather than 56 res), and Coral Priests have W1H1
- Hoburg crossbows are more expensive, and Lava-Born are cheaper
- Indie light infantry and archers of various kinds are MM2
- Triarii are now MM2
- Erinyes are lifeless so they don't get instagibbed by the blood mages they're supposed to fight
- Eastern dragons now also have recuperation.

make imps scale

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

What's a good pretender/scales for ea vanheim? It looks like their expansion is fine without an awake pretender.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
N9 tree with growth and magic

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

N9E9B9 blesses for the bless god.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

N9E9B9 blesses for the bless god.

N9E9B9D9

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I don't think van can fit 4 but if it can...

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I don't think van can fit 4 but if it can...
Very easy 4X9

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I look forward to mono dropping that some day.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Is this one of those "hip" youth trends???

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Kill the first person you meet, then go ai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

recruit a single mounted hirdman every two turns, led by an indy priest

• Locked thread