Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Droyer posted:

What do I win?

The truth that I have never seen any of these Gundam series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not actually gay, nor do I want to get married, but bigots can gently caress right off. They're very awkward after that and I'm sure they'll remember me next time they have to vote.

We've had that poo poo twice now. The law has to be changed, because it's unconstitutional as it is (laws must not discriminate based on personal circumstances like, say, gender), but these idiots keep calling for a referendum every time the law gets changed and revert it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Truga posted:

I'm not actually gay, nor do I want to get married, but bigots can gently caress right off. They're very awkward after that and I'm sure they'll remember me next time they have to vote.

We've had that poo poo twice now. The law has to be changed, because it's unconstitutional as it is (laws must not discriminate based on personal circumstances like, say, gender), but these idiots keep calling for a referendum every time the law gets changed and revert it.

A true :patriot:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Yamaxanadudududududududu

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

!!!

I need to watch more sumo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that's not pikachu. that's mimikyu.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/nnnxvn/status/817804743934287872
Gladio with the poms

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Endorph posted:

actually the major life changing event between having kids and death is getting a catheter put in

Then there's the life-changing event where your demented rear end successfully pulls out an inflated balloon catheter. Yes, one of my mom's patients actually did this.

Dirty old man is the one with taste, Hikaru is sub-trash-tier.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i like

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

:same:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

A: what is that?
B: my elbow is hurt so like, all I van do are squats and core.

Every day is leg day.

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

A: what is that?
B: my elbow is hurt so like, all I van do are squats and core.

Every day is leg day.

gabriel dropout, the anime started today

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It was a pretty good premier, too. Much funnier than I was expecting.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

gabriel dropout, the anime started today

Onto the backlog with ye.

Thanks.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

with the very simple way that KOR TV ends I kinda wish there wasn't more

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad that after all the poo poo that happened in the 2nd half of our year, my girlfriend wants to get back "on the horse" and play songs live.

She's debating whether playing a Deftones tribute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBntFjw4oOU

Or an Isis (the band) tribute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nuq5KXmnX8

Would be more fitting. I honestly just feel very lucky that she's doing a heckuva lot better after going through that poo poo-shower.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

with the very simple way that KOR TV ends I kinda wish there wasn't more

That's how I felt when I finished Touch, to the point where I haven't even checked out the movies yet.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I also like how the relationships progress, without any explicit moment changing things. At first it's, "do they like each other?" which becomes "they probably like each other, but what about Hikaru?" and then is finally "they definitely like each other and are gonna kiss but keep getting interrupted"

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Wark Say posted:

I'm glad that after all the poo poo that happened in the 2nd half of our year, my girlfriend wants to get back "on the horse" and play songs live.

She's debating whether playing a Deftones tribute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBntFjw4oOU

Or an Isis (the band) tribute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nuq5KXmnX8

Would be more fitting. I honestly just feel very lucky that she's doing a heckuva lot better after going through that poo poo-shower.

I am glad things are looking up :)

But I am sad to report that I cannot understand either of those songs and I can't give an opinion :(

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/9/14213182/nier-automata-2b-art

Games Journalism.

e: there is a NSFW rear end on that page and I don't just mean the writer

Herbotron fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 10, 2017

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

I mean, who isn't fascinated by it?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

To be fair, reporting on twitter and internet memes apparently counts for normal journalism these days.

PS Hey polygon, usually you put the NWS stuff behind a link or something rather than right out in the open.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

please, who's going to fire you for looking at a butt on a computer

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
lol if you're browsing the internet willy nilly on a work computer and not using your phone.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

chumbler posted:

To be fair, reporting on twitter and internet memes apparently counts for normal journalism these days.

PS Hey polygon, usually you put the NWS stuff behind a link or something rather than right out in the open.

I should have mentioned that come to think of it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

lol if you're browsing the internet willy nilly on a work computer and not using your phone.

Of course I'm using my own phone for internet browsing, just making fun of polygon.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

chumbler posted:

Of course I'm using my own phone for internet browsing, just making fun of polygon.

I didn't mean you specifically and yeah I agree things should still be tagged work safe or not.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I am glad things are looking up :)

But I am sad to report that I cannot understand either of those songs and I can't give an opinion :(

Thanks!

With Deftones, it's almost always pretty simple: Although he never usually comes out and states it plainly (the fact that Chino doesn't spell anything out for people tends to help), most of the topics singer and occasional second guitar player Chino sings about are:
  • Sex (if you think that a song is talking about sex, you're going to be right like 90% of the time)
  • Drugs
  • Inner Struggles
  • Fake-rear end people and how they need to get over themselves
They have some other topics, but again, unless Chino says something very specific like "I hate all of my friends, they all lack taste sometimes", just assume it's about any of those 4 topics.

Isis' song is about a really dysfunctional relationship between brother and sister that plunges the main character of that record's narrative into depression.

You know, talking about these songs, I kinda understand why I started liking these bands back when I was a dumb teenager and I can't help but feel a bit silly for continuing to support these artists' endeavors. :negative:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Wark Say posted:

Thanks!

With Deftones, it's almost always pretty simple: Although he never usually comes out and states it plainly (the fact that Chino doesn't spell anything out for people tends to help), most of the topics singer and occasional second guitar player Chino sings about are:
  • Sex (if you think that a song is talking about sex, you're going to be right like 90% of the time)
  • Drugs
  • Inner Struggles
  • Fake-rear end people and how they need to get over themselves
They have some other topics, but again, unless Chino says something very specific like "I hate all of my friends, they all lack taste sometimes", just assume it's about any of those 4 topics.

Isis' song is about a really dysfunctional relationship between brother and sister that plunges the main character of that record's narrative into depression.

You know, talking about these songs, I kinda understand why I started liking these bands back when I was a dumb teenager and I can't help but feel a bit silly for continuing to support these artists' endeavors. :negative:

We've all been there, bud.

I'd side with the songs with more meaning behind 'em if that's what the point of going up and playing is. But other than that, whatever song she likes more :shobon:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

homeless snail posted:

please, who's going to fire you for looking at a butt on a computer

My boss. She recently caught a girl from financial looking at facebook pictures of her girlfriend and canned her due to one of those pictures having the girlfriend in her underwear. To be fair, Facebook is not blocked by our proxy (Something Awful is, though! :argh:). Unfortunately, due to a ton of content that gets posted and could be considered NSFW in that place, it might as well be blocked.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can't believe your boss is owl day

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sorry Corals posted:

this drug dealer in the front page article sounds like bees.

fucker

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

homeless snail posted:

can't believe your boss is owl day

I'm fairly certain that my boss sees computers as a necessary evil and actively avoids using them whenever possible. She's a bit gung-ho about computers being tools and nothing more inside of the office, but still pretty awesome as long as you're not intensely dumb and/or spend your day looking at stupidly expensive left-handed and (in her opinion) fugly guitars.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Now that I've read it, this was good, as were the various fanarts. Kinda makes me want to reread Binbougami ga! Momiji's yellow flannel shirt and red overall dress was a cute outfit.

But still, wrong pairing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/cheris_soft/status/818477291571249154

• Locked thread