Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Out of curiosity (and to get to a new page :v:), have any of the series in MX gotten English dubs besides the Gundams, Daimos (a Filipino-English one back in the 70s!), and Grendizer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its LOUD ROAR tells me to poo poo POST

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Booky posted:

Out of curiosity (and to get to a new page :v:), have any of the series in MX gotten English dubs besides the Gundams, Daimos (a Filipino-English one back in the 70s!), and Grendizer?

Mazinger Z was Tranzor Z. I'm pretty sure Nadesico got a dub? Evangelion certainly got a dub. I think Zeorymer got one. RahXephon definitely did.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

Mazinger Z was Tranzor Z. I'm pretty sure Nadesico got a dub? Evangelion certainly got a dub. I think Zeorymer got one. RahXephon definitely did.
Nadesico and PoD were both done by ADV, to the point where Spike Spencer joked on one of the DVD commentaries about how different TV Akito was from Shinji. No idea who has control of the license nowadays, however.

Zeorymer was handled by Central Park Media, IIRC.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

AradoBalanga posted:

Nadesico and PoD were both done by ADV, to the point where Spike Spencer joked on one of the DVD commentaries about how different TV Akito was from Shinji. No idea who has control of the license nowadays, however.

Zeorymer was handled by Central Park Media, IIRC.

Those are both what I was mostly sure of, thank you!

And let's take a moment to thank Central Park Media, purveyors of such fine shows as Zeorymer, Dangaioh, and Dancougar. Man they churned out a lot of stuff in their time.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

By the Demon Castle, Hokuto is bothered by something - he thinks he's met the Chips somewhere before. Absolute and Gurumei stammer a nondescript denial, though Witter nearly talks of their run-in at GEAR HQ just yesterday.
He’s stopped just short, though, the other Chips reminding him of the memory rewrite the kid underwent – if they said the wrong thing, it’s possible for the whole thing to come undone. And if that happened, Zero would certainly kill them.
Hokuto asks what they’re whispering but Witter says it’s nothing, nothing.

Subaru walks in right then, asking how Hokuto’s doing. He’s all good and Zero, also along, says they were hoping to have him take part in their next mission – the Dendoh IS a formidable enemy. Hokuto readily accepts, hoping to take the thing out for Subaru.
In exchange, he asks Subaru to come with him somewhere fun to play once the Dendoh’s gone. – it wouldn’t do to stay tucked away in this gloomy castle after the time it took to come to this green planet.

Subaru slowly agrees and Hokuto asks why he’s acting so weird today. Does he have a fever? Is that why his face is so red? N-No, he’s f-fine! Curious and curiouser. Regardless, Zero posits that Hokuto will have his chance to beat the Dendoh soon, so he asks him to be ready to sortie.
Sounds good. Hokuto vows to win this battle and then Ginga better make good on his promise. Again, Subaru quietly grunts that that’s not his name.

: I see… you’re going to attack the Gyandolar HQ?
: Yes. We’ll be using the Zeorymer’s Dimensional Coupling System to get there.
: And that’s where Hokuto is?
: …We think so.
: Remember what you said before. You should be able to restore his memories, just as you did mine…
: …
: Only those with strong hearts can pilot a GEAR. And so the Gulfer must alter a person’s memories in order to control them… Still, you must all stand fearless.
: Brother…
: That said, it will not be a simple matter to restore his memories. As I’m sure you’re well aware.
: I am…
: A person’s memories and emotions take root and grow on a daily basis. The more time passes, the harder it’ll be to bring back Hokuto’s memories. Yet I can see that something is on your mind, Vega…
: … When we raid the Demon Castle, it’s likely we’ll have to fight Hokuto...
: Having to fight someone you love is never easy. I keep thinking if there isn’t anything I can do to avoid it coming to that…
: You’d fight with nothing but his wellbeing in mind, yet, you still cannot help being a mother…
: It’ll be fine… those children aren’t as frail as you might think.
: …Yes.
: And, Vega, could I ask you to call Ginga here?
: Ginga?
: Hm. I wish to talk with him.

*Few moments later…*

: What d’ya want…?
: I wanted to ask how your resolve is before you departed, Ginga…
: Huh…?
: Can you fight Hokuto…?
: I… I dunno… maybe…
: Can you defeat him, then?
: D-Defeat Hokuto…?!
: If you don’t, then it’ll be you who’ll fall. Regardless of whether it’ll be false memories impelling him, Hokuto will still be trying to defeat you.
: But…!
: Hokuto will have been conditioned to seek only the Dendoh’s destruction. He will not hesitate and that’ll make him a mighty foe. If you face him with doubt clouding your mind, he will destroy you and that’ll be the end of everything.
: Steel yourself and face him, Ginga. Only you – the other of the Gear’s chosen – can bring back Hokuto’s memories.
: That is all I wanted to say. You may go.
: Alright… but I got one thing to tell you first.
: I will save Hokuto… That’s what I’m going out there for, not to fight him…!

*Ginga leaves.*

: I’ve faith in you, mighty child of Earth…

Later on, Masato and Miku have already entered the Demon Castle’s pocket dimension and confirm the building up ahead. Devil Saturn flips out over folks managing to find the place as Masato and Miku engage the Dimensional Coupling System to guide the Nadesico and Argama over.
The plan works like a charm and everyone’s in here safely. Deondra sniffs at them bringing their buddies along for the ride but Grujios doesn’t mind – it’ll save them the trouble of hunting us down. He tells her and Devil Saturn to draw us into the castle, whereupon they’ll destroy everyone.
Saturn is a bit queasy with taking them inside but Grujios says it’s all good: he’s already got his field set up inside, so we’ll be trapped like mice. GADESSIR!

Linda doesn’t detect any enemies around and Misato, figuring we’ve caught them off guard, suggests Bright have the ships storm into the castle. Bright and Harry are uncertain but Ruri also believes we should press our advantage. Plus, since we don’t know what might happen inside, it’d behoove us to make sure we can repair and resupply on a dime.
Harry agrees with that but says the ships’ movement inside the castle will be very limited. Still, we’ll have to make do.
Time is short, so Ruri readies a Gravity Blast to pry open our way inside…

Mission 44 – Revenge of Cronos

: We’re inside the castle! …Wait, this is!
: Wh-Where are we…?!
: This is the castle’s interior…?! It looks more like a totally different world…!
: Could this be…!
: One of Grujios’ sorceries at work?!

: Here they come…!
: Troops, deploy!

: Hmhmhm… I’m so glad you came all the way here, Rom Stoll.
: I told you before, didn’t I? I’ve returned to crush the lot of you!
: We’re gonna put this whole mess to bed today, Gyandolar!
: That’s our line! You’ll die here before ever setting foot in Lord Gades’ lair!
: What’s that supposed to mean?!
: This is not the castle; rather you’re inside a field of my creation… There’ll be no escape so long as I draw breath.
: Heh… I see. So we have but to cut you down to solve this?
: Thanks for the tip, man!
: Fools – I told you because doing so is wholly beyond you. It is no more than a small ray of light to cling to as you sink into the abyss…
: And even if, by some miracle, you actually bested me, you would fall before Lord Gades… None can prevail against him now that he’s got the Meteor Cube!
: Pshaw! You know how many folks said the same stuff before getting our boots up their asses?
: That’s especially true for those who talked smack like that – all they got was an express ticket to Loser Town.
: Not that we can’t make that happen to those who keep their mouths shut, too, mind you.
: Heheh, keep on barking, little mutts. Ashura, the nº1 commander, will be making soap out of you very soon!
: This is whaur we pay… Nae, wait, whaur ye make us pay fur all they black eyes!
: Where WE make THEM pay for those black eyes, idiot!
: S-Sorry, sis.
: Wow, he’s still keeping with his comedy relief act. Now that’s professionalism.
: But that’ll also be coming to an end today!
: Indeed. It is here that we sever the ties that bind us and the Gyandolar together…!
: Rise, phantoms of fallen commanders! The time has come for you to have your revenge!

Crapton of Fenomenas by Grujios and Deondra/Saturn, Zarios and Kasmodons by the middle, Falgos by Bug and Ashura right near us..

: Aah, Lord Gades’ power truly is glorious…! It was solely by his might that you’ve been brought back from the depths of Hell! Understood?! Set forth and bring a definitive end to Kirai’s offspring this time!
: Weavers of darkness, corroders of hearts… I will not tolerate any of you to carry on your evil!
: Heaven and earth, fire and water… Grant me power!

: PIIIIIIIILE FOOOOOOORMATION!!

: In the name of my father, Kirai… I shall prevail!!

Mission Objective: Destroy all enemies
Mission Failure: Vikungfu, Power Raiser, Dendoh, Cellbooster Valhalla, Nadesico or Nahel Argama destroyed.

Despite what the game would have you believe, you DO need to destroy every single enemy. Taking out the named enemies will not end the stage, despite the fact that that’s how things usually go.
To speed things up, I’d suggest splitting your teams in half: one to deal with Bug and Ashura, who are right in your face, and another to cross the map to reach Deondra and Saturn. Sending the Zeorymer that way to nuke their mob of Fenomenas is a nice time-saver.
Do note that you’re standing atop some elevated rock formations over a dark pit, so your land-bound units will not be able to reach the isolated area that Grujios is standing on.

I’m keeping Rom close by to help deal with Bug and his Stun debuff as soon as can be.

And the game registered two button presses before I could stop the AI from setting up this huge overkill of a support attack from Boss.
Guess it really didn’t like this one mook.

Chibodee’s getting exp today, teaming up with Boss for another kill.

Shinji’s part of my farside team.

I’m amused by the fact that he still repeats that he can’t run despite all the Super Robot beasties he’s been carving into sashimi.
Masato’s also headed this way, along with Hugo – they all take kills.

Quattro, of course, is doing what he does best.

I’ve the sinking feeling these Falgos will Support Defend, so…

Kaine wraps that up, also dealing some chip damage to Ashura.

Couple more kills to Domon and Kouji.

Enemy Phase!

Hey, I’ll take it.

Baby steps. Bug usually prefers to use his Double Sword when people are close, so he wastes it on Kaine.

The Zarios tangle with Quattro. It ends poorly to them.

The Kasmodons have more options.

Masato also takes a kill.

The Fenomenas and the bosses never move, mind.

Player Phase!

Get to work, Leina.

Yay!

Stray damage has been wearing down Bug, so we’ll take him down now.

Now this’ll hurt.

Bug fails to do anything against Rom’s shield.

Now to get Chibodee on our level.

Again, Bug questions what our JUSTICE has ever given us. Has it put food in our bellies? No, there is nothing to be gained with JUSTICE!
As he blows up for good, Rom tells Bug that what they’ve gained from justice is something irreplaceable.

There goes the last Falgos. We’ll deal with Ashura next turn, though I have my remaining units on this side start chipping him down.

Zeorymer’s in position to nuke the Fenomenas, so we’ll clear out the remaining mooks over here.

Our guys take out the rest.

Enemy Phase!

: The Knight Ogre…!
: Hokuto?! I-Is that really you in there?!
: Of course it’s me! Who else would be piloting the Ogre?!
: Come on, Dendoh! I’m ending this today!

: Oi, you really don’t know who I am?! You’re on their side…?!
: I know plenty about you! Ginga Izumo, pilot of the Dendoh – my greatest enemy!
: !!
: Hokuto…!
: They employed mind control, just as we feared…!
: Hmhmhm… Master Subaru. Command him, if you would.
: Hm… Hokuto, destroy the Dendoh!
: Roger that, Subaru!
: Urk…!!
: Ginga!
: I know, I know! You guys hang back. I… I’ll take him on! And then I’ll bring him back to us!

Ginga can’t actually take Hokuto one-on-one, what with his new boss stats, but we’ll deal with him in a bit. Subaru and Zero will hang waaay back and I’ve no idea what happens if you actually take the fight to them (though they do have battle convos).
Regardless, the victory condition is now to destroy everything save for Zero, Subaru and Ogre – the latter must be reduced to under 10% HP.

Stuff on Deondra/Devil Saturn’s side wails on Masato, unaware of the nuke headed their way.

Hokuto is making his way over to Ginga.

Player Phase!

Time to get rid of Ashura.

:stare:
The RNG bites again (15%!) and I got incredibly lucky here! At least repairing him will make for some levels for Leina.

Now for the rest:

: Taking you out’ll propel me even higher than nº1 ranked commander! I’ll be taking Grujios’ job as Lord Gades’ top officer!
: Oh, one who’s taken up the powers of evil simply to sate his greed… I shall now mete out your punishment!!

Ashura explodes, crying out that he’s the NUMBER ONE COMMANDER!

Aaay, Kaine learned Soul from that.

Here goes!

Big damage on the bosses, all but one Fenomena dead (this is made very slow by the fact that these things get BIG explosion effects).

Piling damage from Kazuya and Shinji, Saturn’s already in the red.

Farewell!

: Nae wey! Ah’m the bloke called “Unkillable Devil Saturn 6”! That means things ain’t ending fur me ‘ere!
: Eh?! This actually is whaur mah pairt ends?! Yer kidding, richt?! ‘N’, neixt, Ah’m gonna blaw intae a billion pieces?!
: Och… Ah’m needing tae say it? Ah dinnae want tae bit…
: We are the Gyandolar! WE ARE ETAIRNAAAAAAAAAAL!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euWfTiYwRB0
:scotland:

Enemy Phase!

Deondra’s speeding things up for me.

And here comes Hokuto.

: I can read your Kenpo like an open book, Ginga!
: You’re being controlled by the Gulfer, Hokuto! Wake the hell up already!!

Ginga had invincible, so we’re fine.

Player Phase!

Another hit from Kazuya and off goes Shinji.

Done!

: Hrrmm…! Have I finally lost my edge…?! But it doesn’t matter – you still stand no chance against Lord Gades!
: As we die keeping you at bay, he’s getting his hands on eternal life!
: So I’ll be eagerly waiting for all of you in Hell! Hahahaha! AHAHAHAHAHA!!

We’ll deal with Hokuto before going after Grujios.

: Open your eyes, Hokuto! Please!
: Shut up and get out of my way!!
: H-Hokuto… don’t you recognize me?!

Once Hokuto’s down 50%...

: Oh, Ginga… you guys are always such muscleheads.
: What?!
: Then I guess I’ll just have to go with this!
: Viper Drive! INSTALL!!

: Hokuto!!
: drat it, Hokuto! STOP!!
: ?!
: Urgh…! UWAAAAAAAH!!
: Hokuto?!
: Aargh…AAAAAAH!!
: What’s up with you, Hokuto?!
: Zero, is he…?!
: (The mental conditioning is faltering…?)
: What’s going on?!
: These complications aren’t unexpected… Though I said he had been reborn, the memories of his human life do not simply disappear.
: Call out to Hokuto, Master Subaru. I am certain it will help.
: I understand… Hokuto, listen to me!
: Aaargh!
: Fight, Hokuto! Crush the Dendoh!
Hokuto!!
: This is your duty! Go, Hokuto!
: Viper Whip!!
: Whoa, is he going for the Final Attack?!
: Leo Drive! INSTAAAAALL!

: If this is how you want it, Hokuto, I’ll play along!
: Stop, both of you! If you fire your Final Attacks are the same time, you’ll—!
: But there’s nothing else I can do! I’ll bring him back to his senses, even if I gotta knock him out first!
: B-But!
: …He’s right.
: Huh?!
: Hokuto clearly reacted to Ginga’s voice when called… So if Ginga gets through to Hokuto, he should be able to free him.
: I-I can see the logic behind your theory but…!
: I’m talking out of experience…!
: (Four and Rosamia…)
: He’s right. Puru Two and I are only here because of Judau’s help…! Ginga has to make him see how he really feels, just as Judau did…
: If you do that, we’re sure you’ll get him back!
: …!
: Do you understand, Ginga? This battle will come down to whether your will can overpower the Gulfer’s control.
: Y-Yeah…!
: … Back when I was faced with a similar situation, I failed. But I know you can do this…!
: Camille…!
: You must save Hokuto. If you don’t, you’ll regret it for the rest of your life. Alright?
: Yeah! He might get a black eye or two but I’ll get him back to us!
: I’m taking you out here and now, Dendoh!
: (That’s it, Hokuto…! You can defeat the Dendoh…!)

: Guh…uuurk…!!
: You’re still not back to normal?!
: What are you doing, Hokuto?! End the Dendoh – quick!
: HOKUTO!!
: Gck…! GAAAAH!!
: (This is not good. At this rate, he’ll… Then, in that case!)

*Zero charges in!*

: UWAAH!
: Ginga!!
: Now, Hokuto! Take him down!!
: Beat the Dendoh… that’s my mission…! Beat… the Dendoh!!

: Stop! Hokuto!
: Why, you…! CUT! IT! OOOUUUT!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOtzFYtNQ0E

: Aah!
: They’re both down?!
: Uurgh!
: drat iiiit!!

: Aargh! AAAAAAH!!
: Ho-Hokuto!

: Wh-What’s going on with you?!
: UWAAAAAAAH!!
: Stop… stop screaming like that Hokuto…!
: I’m… I’m hurting too, you know! You… HUGE IDIOOOOOT!!
: There you go… calling me an idiot again… That’s twice now…
: Hokuto…?!
: I will not allow this opportunity to elude me! This is your end, Dendoh!!

: C-Crap!!

: That’s it, Hokuto! Work with Zero and destroy him!

: STOP!!

: Wh-What?!
: Hokuto…! Why did you…?!
: Hokuto… you…!
: Sorry, Ginga… looks like I gave you quite the headache…
: I-Idiot…! You didn’t…!
: And that’s three… still, thanks.
: Hokuto…! You’re…!
: Back to normal…?!
: …We must retreat, Master Subaru.
: But, Zero!
: Unfortunately, he’s our enemy once more. And we’ve no reason to remain here anymore.
: I can’t do that! Hokuto… he’s!

*Zero moves back and grabs the Knight Legacy.*

: Zero?!
: We must go.
: L-Let me go! Hokuto! HOKUTO!!

*Both retreat.*

: Oh, Hokuto…!
: Mom… I’m sorry… I—
: There’s nothing to apologize… You’re safe and that’s all that matters…
: We got a lot to talk about but there’s still some Gyandolar around. So…
: OK! I’ll take this chance to make up for the trouble I gave you all!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 9, 2017

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Speed up few turns while I get folks across the gorge and into Grujios’ area…

He doesn’t stay passive, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6VftfB4z7w

Grujios
Pilot Skills:
  • Prevail L6
  • Support Attack L1
Grujios’ Voice Actor: Minoru Inaba (other known Works: Charlie in Gundam 0080, Villy in 0083, Ootsuka in Tetsujin #28 and many more)

This guy’s actually frailer than you might expect, what with his S size. He can’t dodge worth a drat and his attack power isn’t all that.
Prevail’ll give him some mileage but, in truth, he’s on the same level as Ashura.

Still need to deal with the Fenomenas, so I’ll bombard the area with some MAPWs before going for the kill.

: You never change, Rom. But struggle as you might, there’ll be no escape from my spell!
: Grujios! Whatever shadowy tricks you use to blanket this world in darkness, so long as the light of justice shines bright, the dawn of victory is sure to come!

: Uuuurgh…! But I’m supposed to be undying… this… this cannot be!
: This is the end for you, Grujios!
: L-Lord Gades, I beg of you! Use some of your might to help your loyal servant! Save me, please, Lord Gades!!

*Bloop!*

: H-He!!
: Grujios… vanished?!
: Other foes still remain! We can look into this after they’re done!

*Five Fenomenas get wrecked under an avalanche of valored attacks.*

: Captain, there are no more enemies on radar.
: Understood. All units, secure the perimeter and keep on alert.
: …Odd.
: Hm. Though we’ve defeated Grujios, his magical field hasn’t disappeared. Did he lie to us?
: Or perhaps it is Gades’ power that sustains it…?
: Regardless, this battle will not end unless he lies defeated. We must find a way to get out…

: AAAH!!
: Leina?!
: B-Brother!!

*Bloop!*

: LEINAAAAA!!
: My Lady!
: No way…! She also vanished!!
: Linda, can you trace the Power Raiser?!
: No, the signal disappeared completely!
: N-No…!!
: Is this really Gades’ doing?!

Goodies earned here: a Super Repair Kit and a Psycoframe.

Also, convos we missed:

: I’ll be putting a final stop to our annoying little relationship today, Rom!
: That is exactly what I want, Deondra! However, victory will always be on the side of the just!

--

: Come ‘ere! Yer gaun doon ‘n’ then Ah’ll be taking back mah spot as the nº1 ranked commander!
: No, I’ll tell you what you’re getting back: your seat in the underworld!

--

: His fighting style… His defense are comparatively lacking to his offense… But…!
: Indeed. I’ve no need to defend myself.

--

: Give back the Meteor Cube, Deondra!
: We already passed it along to Lord Gades. Soon, eternal life will be his!
: Maybe I should take your head and set it as a decoration in our victory party?
: Your pathetic threats won’t make me flinch! I’m Leina Stoll, daughter of Kirai and sister to Rom Stoll!

--

: Hmhmhm… you also made it to this planet, Leina?
: So long as evil men like you exist, you’ll always find me and my brother coming to hunt you down!
: That’s good, actually. I’ll be offering you as a present to Lord Gades!

--

: drat it! I thought we’d wrecked you before but you were still alive, eh?
: Hmhmhm… You are free to think that if you wish…
: However, the fact is that you simply cannot defeat me… Ever.

--

: I’m gonna save Hokuto and I ain’t holding back on anyone that gets in the way!
: What a powerful spirit… It’s all due to his wish to recover Hokuto…?

--

: What… I’m sure we destroyed this one in our previous fight…!
: Such is the power I possess. It is beyond you to defeat me… or the Gulfer, for that matter.

--

: Hrm…! How are we dealing with this guy again when he was supposed to be dead?!
: You needn’t concern yourself with that, face your imminent death.

: Urgh… What am I supposed to do?! How do I find our way to Gades’ lair?! If I do not do something quick, Leina…!!
: …Rom…
: …! That voice!

: Rom…
: G-Guardi! Brother!
: But… I saw you…!
: The Tenkuu Chuushin Ken is the martial art of the spirit… And mine lives on, though my flesh was undone.
: Heed my words, Rom… Take my Meteor Blade – the blade I received from our father and passed on to you – and unleash its power.
: Your blade…?!
: Indeed. With the Meteor and Wolf Blades together, you’ll be capable of unraveling the field erected by Grujios and Gades.
: Was that what happened back then…?!
: Go, my dear brother. Save Leina and this world – in the names of our father, Kirai Stoll, and the Tenkuu Chuushin Ken…
: …!!

: …?! This is…!!
: Hmhmhm…
: Y-You’re Gades! You really are still alive!
: “Alive…”? Hmph, I see it now... The universe you’re from is not the same as ours.
: Not the same… What do you mean by that?!
: There are countless crossroads amid the flow of time… For every split, every different choice or event, a resulting world is born.
: While I may have died in the Cronos you were at, in my version of Cronos, our showdown never came to a close. In other words, my world and your world were both extremely close, yet exceedingly far from each other.
: You seem to still be confused. Then tell me: how did you come to this universe?
: A-After we defeated you… we used a dimensional teleporter…
: Our case was also quite similar to that.
: While we had our decisive battle in Cronos, I called upon the Hyribead…
: The moment I did, this mysterious space poured forth – uncontrolled and without warning. It engulfed me and my men, dragging us into this universe.
: A “mysterious space”…?!
: Hm. Humans call it Tokyo Jupiter… that space.
: It was at that moment that I understood… There is a grand will in this universe, with power surpassing even my own.
: Everything that exists is subject to the cycle of its creation… and, so, I began searching for the Hyribead again in a bid to free myself from that cycle and attain eternal life.
: And that’s the Meteor Cube…?!
: Hm, though it is still not enough. For me to live eternally, I need even greater power.
: …You pitiful man.
: Excuse me?
: The Gades we defeated also said the same thing… But there’s no point in attaining eternal life…
: Life is precious because it is finite…! It is beautiful because it has an end!
: Impudent girl!

: Aaah!!
: L-Lord Gades…
: What is it, Grujios?
: I haven’t yet fully healed from the wounds Rom and his cohorts gave me… Please, help me with your powers…!
: Very well… Your faithful work is deserving of my praise and, so, I’ll grant you your wish.
: Th-Thank you so very mu—

: ?! L-Lord Gades?!

*Grujios starts getting dragged towards Gades.*

: Lord Gades, what are you doing?!
: Hmhmhmhm... I’m granting you ultimate glory: assimilating your body into mine.
: P-p-p-please, no! Nooooo!!
: Mwahahaha! You’ll live eternally as part of me!
: L-LORD GAAAADEEEES…!!

: Aaah…!!
: You’re next, Leina… I’ll grant eternity to you as well.
: No!!
: My very being is calling out for you…! Come to me, Leina…!!

*Leina starts getting pulled over!*

: No! Stop!! ROOOOM!!
: Heheheheh… Call him as much as you want, it won’t help. He cannot reach this place…!
: Surrender, Leina, and become part of me..!!
: HOLD IT!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBH1X21gD7s
Captions!

: Every single person hides power – limitless and capable of stirring the very cosmos – within themselves…
: However, there are also those who would wield said power to cause death and destruction…
: Whether to wield it to create or to destroy is the ultimate choice presented to every man and woman.
: The spirit that seeks not to stamp out light, the origin of all life… That is what people call love!
: Who are you…?!

: The orphaned son of Kirai Stoll, patriarch of the Cronos Clan, Rom Stoll! :stare:
: And by his command to defend this world from the rule of darkness, I now bring down the hammer of justice upon you…!

: R-Rom!
: Curse you… how in blazes did you reach this place?!

: Hah, and don’t forget about us.
: Jet!
: My Lady Leina, are you well?!
: I-I am…! But what about the others?!
: Well… When we came to, it was just us around here.
: Hmph… So we’re meant to end this battle ourselves…?
: Fine…! I will assimilate all of you as well!

:siren: :siren:

: Leina… If you so desire, you can still live eternally as part of me.
: I do not! As I told you, life is beautiful because it is finite!
: Furthermore, evil will always fall to ruin! Eternity will not be yours, Gades!

: You’ve humiliated me once… and now I repay you in spades!!
: Hmph… are you talking about your universe? That said, it makes no difference… the lot of you still remain a thorn on my side!
: Then, draw! JEEEEEEEEET!

: So Rom’s grunt also came to this universe.
: Hey, hey! You better not treat me like I’m just the tagalong guy!
: It’s curtains for you now that you’re face to face with Rod Drill! All my anger’s loaded into this one attack – check it out!

: Gades! My brother’s granted me his power so that I may strike you down!
: Guardi?! But he’s dead…!
: But his wish for justice lives on! A wish that’s been entrusted to the living, granting even greater strength!
: Behold, Gades! Justice bears the wishes of all those who live in this universe and I pour all of it into this blow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZSkQ7FKUIM
I remembered to show off Rom and Drill’s combined attack!
You need only to reduce Gades’ HP under 80%, mind.

: Fools! Do you honestly think your meager strength to be capable of defeating he who’ll attain eternity?!

: Jeez, are you kidding me?!
: He’s far different from the Gades we bested…!
: GWAHAHAHAHA! Accept your defeat, children of Kirai! I am not the Gades you knew! MWAHAHAHA!
: Indeed…? Then there is something you do not know, either…!!
: I’m talking about the true power of the Meteor and Wolf Blades!
: Hrm!
: Listen and listen well! The Hyribead is not a destructive energy!
: Rather, it is the power of creation!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X4nkUmjzkU
:ssj:Captions!:ssj:

: YAAAAAARGH!!
: B-But I! Eternal life will be mine! H-How am I to perish at a place like this?! GWOAAAAAAAAARGH!!

He drops another Haro!

: Gades…! Whatever time, whatever world you may emerge, I will strike you down…!
: Such is my duty as Rom Stoll, heir to the Tenkuu Chuushin Ken…!!

*Ruuuuumble!*

: Wh-What’s going on?!
: The Demon Castle’s falling apart…!!
: Then let us leave this place!

Our people have been dropped outside the pocket dimension and Megumi’s already confirmed the destruction of both the castle. No enemies nearby, either. Linda reports that all troops are accounted for and that, obviously, includes Hokuto and the Ogre.
Haruka and Misato were worried for a moment there but, once again, we managed to pull through. That’s the end of this operation, so Bright orders everyone recovered and, then, we’ll be off to GEAR HQ.
We won’t have much time to rest, though – Operation Bagration is close at hand. Time to deal with our remaining enemies.

Oh and I couldn’t have Jim attack Gades because he WOULD have been oneshotted:

: Y-You’ve kidnapped my lady not once but twice! That is unforgivable!
: Hmhmhm… so, the Gades in your universe also desired her?
: However, the end of this battle will be very different from that of your universe! Today, I’ll emerge as the victor!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 10, 2017

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

"You do deserve to know my name!"

That was the biggest plot twist I've ever seen!

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
God drat, what a good song.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I think my favorite thing is that kept Hokuto wearing his old outfit with his little necktie for children. I don't care if it turns out they didn't do that in the anime or something. That's what I get to see here.

Brunom1 posted:

:stare:
The RNG bites again (15%!) and I got incredibly lucky here! At least repairing him will make for some levels for Leina.
Well duh. Only the :pcgaming: Number one commander of the Gyandolar™ :pcgaming: could have landed that hit on Domon!

Brunom1 posted:

: Hokuto clearly reacted to Ginga’s voice when called… So if Ginga gets through to Hokuto, he should be able to free him.

Man, their mind control REALLY sucks when the victim is giving advice on how to break it.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Section Z posted:

I think my favorite thing is that kept Hokuto wearing his old outfit with his little necktie for children. I don't care if it turns out they didn't do that in the anime or something. That's what I get to see here.

Nope, Hokuto really did keep his suit in the anime - guess Zero stole a change of clothes when no one was looking.

And I fixed the wrong portrait!

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
They keep changes of clothes inside the robots, mainly so Hokuto and Ginga always have a pilot suit they can change into if need be.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh man this machine robo ending is too good

Next is gonna be some soulcrushing rahxephon and NGE stuff isnt it.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh man this machine robo ending is too good

Next is gonna be some soulcrushing rahxephon and NGE stuff isnt it.

Brunom1 posted:

Misumaru’s just finished briefing our people on the upcoming Operation Bagration. Ruri pokes at how they outright ripped the name off the Soviets’ Operation Bagration back in WW2 (named after Pyotr Ivanovich Bagration, Russian general in the Napoleonic wars).
The gist of this operation will be to gather all MP Dragoons and MSs for an all-out assault on the Gulfer, Vegans, Giganos AND Martian Successors. In other words, Bright surmises, it’ll strike at every space-based enemy. Misumaru makes a haiku/pun about the name andUUUUUUURRRGH. It’s an awful, huge stretch of a pun and even Ruri calls him out on it.

So no, it's probably going to be the Dragonar, Dendoh and PoD finales first in line.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Because clearly WARERA SAIKYOU MACHINE ROBO wasn't already powerful enough, it totally wasn't the best non-Zeorymer robot in your cast, now it gets a finisher with the range of a real's ranged attack.

MX is a busted as hell game and I love it for that.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
lol if you think dendoh is anywhere near finished

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
I'm disappointed that Gades went down that fast.

Grashbar
Aug 17, 2014

Spark That Bled posted:

I'm disappointed that Gades went down that fast.

I absolutely love that Gades went down that fast.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
I feel that, when this is all done, there should be a post containing all of Rom Stoll's interruptions and the Twin Blade.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I name all of my pokemon after giant robots. Rom's Twinblade gave me the name for my Alolan Marowak, narrowly beating out my first pick, D-1.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ashsaber posted:

I name all of my pokemon after giant robots. Rom's Twinblade gave me the name for my Alolan Marowak, narrowly beating out my first pick, D-1.

Get a Magnezone, name it D-3.

Teach it Double Team, Supersonic, Toxic and Substitute for maximum support/debuff chip damage. Shame it can't learn Baton Pass for that EWAC money.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 10, 2017

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Ashsaber posted:

Hilariously enough, I did the exact same thing for Pokemon Sun. Off the top of my head, Toucannon was Zeta Gundam (Beak Blast reminded me of Waverider Crash), and I had a Magnezone named Getter Robo (I called it Voltes V at first, until it learned Charge Beam and I realized the also very good name smacking me in the face). Solgaleo was immediately renamed GaoGaiGar, because what the hell else could I have named it?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Hilariously enough, I did the exact same thing for Pokemon Sun. Off the top of my head, Toucannon was Zeta Gundam (Beak Blast reminded me of Waverider Crash), and I had a Magnezone named Getter Robo (I called it Voltes V at first, until it learned Charge Beam and I realized the also very good name smacking me in the face). Solgaleo was immediately renamed GaoGaiGar, because what the hell else could I have named it?

I've got an Aegislash named Zankantou, because honestly what else would you name it? I also have a Tropius named Argama. In fact I've been doing that for so long I had to figure out another scheme before I started reusing names. And that's how I got Amala the Mismagius and Shine-hime the Ribombee.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Well, Hokuto getting kidnapped was resolved fast. Only took one battle instead of two. Having him get brainwashed at this stage is a little unusual, though. Normally, it would be Ginga that happens to. Since Hokuto should be the less aggressive and less skilled one, the story would pit him against Ginga to awaken his martial spirit, or something. But in Dendoh's case, firstly, that's unnecessary. Hokuto's already a dedicated fighter. But the more interesting part, which I didn't quite expect when I watched the anime, was how Hokuto actually managed to outfight Ginga on his own. But on reflection, it makes sense. Hokuto has already learned how to fight by watching and mimicking Ginga. With his intelligence and tactical ability, he can therefore predict and counter Ginga's moves, something Ginga himself is not skilled enough to do in return at his age.

I was surprised that the writers had it play out that way. In the beginning there was a balance between the two of them. Hokuto was the smart one, and Ginga the strong one. But over time Hokuto got a hell of a lot stronger, while Ginga didn't get any smarter. While that may be realistic, it's now how things would usually go.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Gades was a pretty neat scenario fight all told. I kind of would have liked everybody to get to take a cut at him, though.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

We open up with Misumaru passing a rather unexpected order: the Nadesico is to be moved away from the front lines. Misato points out that we’re on the verge of Operation Bagration and he’s aware – still, the orders are those.
Amuro and Quattro inwardly can’t make sense of this decision, wondering if they’re assigning the ship to a separate mission. Ben is worried as losing it will hamper our ability to fight effectively against the Giganos and Skull Moon fortresses. The only explanation Misumaru is willing to give is that this is all being done in the interest of future operations.

Misato isn’t satisfied with that answer but Bright steps up and acknowledges the order. With an apology, Misumaru asks the Nadesico relayed to his base and wishes us good fortunes in Bagration.
… That officially ends the conversation but Misumaru knows it’d leave us ill at ease. So, he’ll tell us what’s what but it’ll need to remain limited to the current people. Misato inwardly sighs that he could’ve stood to not be so hard-hitting if he was going to pull this stunt but whatever.
At least the guy’s as crafty as ever, Quattro sees.

Already at Misumaru’s place, they tell the Nadesico crew that they’re headed to Nergal’s dock on the Moon to pick up the Nadesico C, which is already undergoing its final checks. The plan, as Genpachirou explains, is to have them gather up the rest of the old Nadesico A crew and take part in Bagration as part of the mission that’ll recapture the Martian Ruins from the Successors.
The bad guys are aware of this plan, however, and just picking up the Nadesico C is likely to not go easily. Jun will also be joining the Magnate Ten to handle the incorporation of the old crew into the squad and with only three days before Bagration starts, Prospector wants the A’s crew rounded up ASAP.
Ruri will do it but requests to make a small detour along the way – there’s somewhere she wishes to go before the big operation goes down. Misumaru seems to know what’s up and allows it.

Later, over by Oiso City, Harry (with his INCREDIBLY Akito-like casual appearance) is tallying the Nadesico A crewmates that have agreed to rejoin and those who haven’t. The cook, Hou Mei (also an old crewmember), interrupts his grumbling with their food. Harry wonders if they really need to all these old heroes, what with everyone the Magnate Ten has available. Ruri says they do need them.
Why? Harry is sure the current folk could man the Nadesico C just fine. These people have retired from the army and moved on – is there a reason to force this all-star reunion? Ruri isn’t answering, focused on her dish, which further aggravates Harry. Is he THAT unreliable that she insists on bringing the old crew back?

Ruri ignores him, asking Hou Mei for seconds. That does it for Harry, who runs out in tears… and without paying. Hou Mei asks if Ruri won’t go after and, no, she won’t. Harry ought to realize how in need of help they'll all be in the next battle – our forces will likely be spread thin to deal with all enemy threats.
Hou Mei sees the logical angle but some things aren’t logical – such are humans. It’s clear to her that Harry’s jealous of Ruri and her old friends and ship. Still, Saburouta figures he oughta go look for him.

Harry’s off seething, calling Ruri stupid, but still realizing he’ll need to get back to the hotel they’re all staying at. How can he simply show his face again after storming out like that? His thought’s interrupted as he smacks face first into Minato’s cleavage, eliciting a very embarrassed apology from him.
She sees the tear streaks in his face and figures he won’t be much good for giving her directions. Like hell he won’t! He’s a soldier and knows this area perfectly! Well, as it turns out, she’s headed towards Hou Mei’s diner and while Harry knows the way back… he’s too embarrassed to do so.

It is then that Minato figures out who he is. As it turns out, Ruri’s told much about him in letters the two of them exchanged: how she sees him as a little brother, how capable and cheerful he is despite having quite the similar origin story to her (he’s also a product of genetic engineering).
Harry figures out Minato’s a former Nadesico A crewmember, just as Ruri and Saburouta show up to pick him up.

Over by the diner, Minato and Hou Mei are catching up. Minato hasn’t yet decided if she’ll be joining the C crew.
She’s thought about at least going back to check up on Ruri ever since Prospector got in touch. They can easily tell from what they saw of the girl that she’s pushing herself very hard and, yet, can’t let any of it show. The responsibility of being a captain, always having to remain steadfast, eyes on the bigger picture and carrying out the mission.

Ruri meanwhile is passing some new orders for Harry: tomorrow, at 0800 hours, he’ll perform a long-range jump and head to Nergal’s lunar factory to help with the C’s checks.
Yes, the Tulips aren’t available to make that kind of jump but Ruri says he’ll have an A-Class Jumper available, so they won’t need one. Harry thought all such people were gone but apparently not. Time is short, so she wants him to get the C ready for use ASAP.
Meawhile, she and Saburouta will head back to the Nahel Argama. Ruri asks him to take good care of Omoikane.

Cut to the Martian Iwato ruins, where Yamasaki’s relating huge advances made towards successfully using the Boson Jump core. They can now relay a visualization properly 98% of the time, meaning they can Jump with near perfect precision.
The key to this breakthrough, he tells Kusakabe and Shinjou, was apparently a rather popular girly manga from Earth. Yamasaki suggests they read it – it’ll change them. But the gist of it all is that what caused the whole system to not work properly were the dreams Yurika Misumaru was having.
Her job is to relay the imagery input from the Successors into the core but her dreams were causing interference, thereby sending the system awry. So rather than simply trying to override them, he got the idea of mixing in some romantic imagery (based on the manga) with the images the Navigators are inputting, making them seem to be part of a date...

Like so, with Yurika trying asking a hidden Akito where he wants to go today. Hokushin speaks through him and off he goes.

He materializes right before his cronies, proof that they no longer need the Zeorymer or Daimos. Things are set to go down tomorrow but, for now, they’ll go back to their original mission regarding the doll/experimental subject, Lapis.

And the A-Class Jumper Harry’s going to be working with is none other than actually-alive Ines; she won't answer him whether she was on the original Nadesico, but tells him to relax while she handles the imaging. Close his eyes and think happy thoughts… and off they go as well.

Back to Ruri’s team, she and Minato are over by the cemetery with Akito and Yurika’s “graves”, figuring he should be making his jump right about now. Ruri deliberately didn't see Harry off, saying that she doesn't want to say goodbye to someone she cares about a third time. Akito then shows up, much to Minato’s surprise.
Today’s the third anniversary of his, Yurika’s and Ines’ “deaths” and Ruri apologizes for not realizing what had happened sooner. It wasn’t the three of them to have died or gone missing – it happened to all of the A-Class Jumpers, the navigators, capable of relaying visual imagery to the Boson Jump core. All of them were taken by the Successors, right?

Ruri apologizes for it taking her two years to understand what happened to Akito and the others… though he says it was better that she didn’t know. Ruri confesses she didn’t want to know but the question remains: if Akito was alive, why didn’t he tell her?
Akito says there was no reason to, drawing an angry retort from Minato. Didn’t he and Yurika say they’d take care of Ruri back when they adopted her? Minato demands he apologize for the grief he caused the girl… but she stops when Akito draws his gun.

It’s not for her, mind, but for Hokushin and company. Hokushin demands he come with them, Akito’s shots doing nothing to deter him. Akito tells Minato and Ruri to run – this has nothing to do with them – but Ruri hardly thinks they can escape, given the circumstances.
Hokushin tells his men to kill the woman, but to catch the golden-eyed white fairy, product of man's craft. He muses that the Earthlings sure like playing with genetics, much like the Tekkoryu did, and tells Ruri that she’ll play an essential part in his experiments. What an honor.
Ruri puts two and two together and realizes that Hokushin and his men must have been the ones who rounded up the A-Class Jumpers. He admits this freely, saying that they’re the shadows of the Martian Succesors, committing atrocities in the name of a new world order.

This provokes an outburst of laughter from a certain hidden man, who deems their “new order” to be ridiculous. He observes that, indeed, new order may well be born at the end of destruction and chaos – birthing pains are a natural part of that process. HOWEVER! How can their new order be righteous when Kusakabe himself is not?!
Hokushin recognizes Genichirou Tsukiomi, traitor to the Jovians. He will not deny it, saying he’s left behind his comrades and his nation and is now simply a dog of Nergal; speaking of, Goat pops out from behind a tombstone and greets Minato (his ex).
Genichirou orders Hokushin to leave here, as it ought to be a peaceful resting place for the dead. Hokushin asks what will happen if he doesn't, and Genichirou says that he'll send him straight to hell.

Hokushin calls his threat and sends his mooks to attack… and they’re promptly countered and killed. The arts of the Jovian-Style Quickdraw technique are not for the use of assassins, and evil blades will not prevail against Genichiro’s Jovian Judo!
He’s about to go after Hokushin when the guy goes and Boson Jumps away – without anyone’s aid, even, which is very surprising.

Akito tells Ruri that the Successors have compromised Yurika, and that Kusakabe's all-out assault is near. That's why he has something to give her - his personal ramen recipe. Ruri, shocked, tells him she can't accept it - Akito will need it for when they rescue Yurika.
He tells her flatly that he doesn't need it, that the Tenkawa Akito she knows is dead, and wants her to have it as proof that he once lived. Ruri angrily says he’s just trying to sound cool but he tells her that she's wrong, calling her Ruri-chan at long last and showing her what hides under his visor.

Taking this from the W LP because it’s a clearer image than MX’s and I can’t be arsed to comb through the movie.

The Successors experiments messed a whole bunch with his head and body – everything’s out of whack. His sense of taste was especially destroyed and he even starts glowing like this whenever he gets emotional, like a character in some manga.
All in all, he tells Ruri that he can’t cook for her anymore and stalks off.

The Nahel Argama’s still by GEAR HQ and Operation Bagration has just entered Phase 1. Jun reports that most of the former Nadesico crew’s already present and ready to go, so Ruri asks us to set off to Nergal’s lunar base to pick up the Nadesico C.
Quattro points out that we’re very likely to run into the Giganos or Successors along the way, so we’ll need to stay alert. One hour until the Argama sets off and Bright has everyone get to their stations.

Yukina’s part of the returning crew, very happy to see Ryouko and co after all these years. She didn’t tell Minato that she was joining the C team, though, and the lady isn’t happy. Yukina chides her for trying to leave her in the dark about all this and Minato demands to know who let the cat out of the bag. Hikaru and Ryouko see Prospector’s fingers all over that.
But Yukina has school to attend, so Minato tells her to get back home right now… never mind the fact that summer vacation’s on? All optional summer activities were cancelled ever since the MU’s flying cities showed up, too.
Whatever, get back home! Goat cuts in and argues with that Minato that there's a very good reason for having Yukina along. As sister of the Martian hero Tsukumo, she might well be a target of the Successors if left unguarded.
That quickly stymies Minato, so Ryouko tells everyone to get ready to start working.

Prospector and Hou Mei are watching the departing Argama from afar (a shift in perspective to the chef), a hidden girl greeting the two of them. It’s been a long time. Prospector explains to Hou Mei that he asked said girl to stay on Earth to help with a separate mission. Why don’t they all go together?

Cut to Hoshimi, the Chips are noticing that Subaru’s been in a bad moon recently – is it because the Ogre’s pilot ran off? Witter thinks so, what with Hokuto having been the closest thing he had to a friend.
Zero walks over and asks if something’s the matter. Of course there is – didn’t he say that Hokuto had been reborn? So how did he go and recover his memories?! Zero admits he made a mistake in his assessment. A failure, yes, but there’s no point in crying over spilt milk.

That does nothing to stop Subaru from missing Hokuto and Zero quietly sees that the kid is losing utility – and time is running short. He turns to Subaru and says he’ll personaly see to the next mission, the only way to deal with the Dendoh and Ogre now being to destroy them as enemies.
Subaru stops him, though, and says he’ll handle it. If the Ogre needs to be destroyed, then he wants to do it himself. Zero slowly acquiesces.

Everything’s in place for the Successos and Kusakabe tells Dorchenov that they’ll be executing Plan Kou tomorrow at midnight. Dorchenov asks and Kusakabe confirms that, indeed, they’ve the Boson Jump system fully under their control via Yurika. Dorchenov muses how the captain of the ship who ended the Lizard War is now going to sow chaos across the Earth Sphere. How deliciously ironic.
The plan is for the Successors to warp their forces over to all major government buildings across Earth; the MU’s appearance has sown disorder across the Federation and its troops, so they have the perfect opportunity to take them all down in one blow. When that happens, it’ll be simplicity itself for the Giganos to turn this war around.
There’s still a problem, however: the Magnate Ten. Kusakabe’s spies have reported a new Nadesico-class ship being readied for our use.

And how is that a problem, asks Dorchenov. The Hisago Plan and the Martian ruins are under the Successor’s control and our folks have no A-Class Jumper. And not even the Zeorymer could warp all the way to Mars, so the Successors’ victory is guaranteed, no?
Still, Kusakabe wants to play it safe and asks Dorchenov to take out both us and the new Nadesico. Well, he WAS planning on doing that sooner or later… but what’s in it to him? Kusakabe says he’ll be sending Dorchenov some Shishikis as compensation.
Now that’s better. Dorchenov says they’ll attack ahead of the Successors and tells Kusakabe to not screw things up. For their new world order, etc, etc.

As the call ends, Dorchenov is glad to see that holding the line and biding their time within the Shoal Zone has paid back dividends. A mook reports that Federation troops are massing at four sectors, which Dorchenov figures means they’re preparing to attack both here and the Vegan base.
As for the Magnate Ten, we’re about to head up into space and, presumably, join up with those troops. Nergal’s factory is inside the lunar demilitarized zone, so we’re likely to head straight there. Dorchenov tells the mook to send forces to cut us off AND to include certain mass-produced units into the group.

The mook points out that the units aren’t fully debugged yet but Dorchenov doesn’t care if it means destroying us. Which means they’re also going to use “her”, a certain person Dorchenov looked for as a secret weapon against the Dragonars.
He figures the next battle will be over quickly. While the Federation can manage fighting a war on many fronts, they’ll crumble under the Successors’ Boson Jump-powered pin-point attack. After that’s done, they’ll simply need to exorcise the Jovian ghosts inhabiting Mars.

Dorchenov goes visit the captive woman, glad to see that she’s doing well. He’s got a request to make of her, one he insists he fulfill, in order to bring about a speedy end to this conflict. You see, he can tell that there is a MAJOR difference in force between his side and the Federation and that doesn’t sound like a battle he wants to have. Thus, he wants her to act as their spokeswoman and call for a truce with the Federation.
The woman asks what Dorchenov is really after. Why did he feel the need to take her from the POW camp and bring her here? Oh, there’s no hidden agenda here whatsoever. He honestly just wants her to get in touch with the Federation and request a cease-fire.
As the air-traffic controller to the Alucard Space Colony, her voice is quite well-known and has this note of elegance to it. That is why she, Aoi WAKABA, is perfect to relay this message.

Mission 45 – Dearest

We’ve just made it outside Earth and Bright asks for a sit-rep on Bagration. Meg says it’s already up to Phase 2, with troops taking up their assigned positions in those four sectors. Misato would like for the enemy to keep their attention focused on those guys and not on us but Ruri isn’t hopeful.
All this time, WE have been the ones always playing bait for the enemy, so it’s very unlikely today’ll be any different. Torres asks Misato to stop or she’ll jinx us. Minato offers to relieve him if he’s stressed out – she’s quite experienced. At what? Hmmhmmhmm…
Goat cuts Minato’s games short, explaining explains she worked as the Nadesico A’s navigator. Furthermore, he asks her to avoid unnecessary chit-chat while everyone’s on alert. Quattro, meanwhile, suggests Bright already have our guys on standby to deploy immediately – the Successors could attack at enemy moment by using their Boson Jump.

Speak of the devil, Linda pings enemy troops right ahead. No Boson Particles detected, though: it’s the Giganos. They’ve sent quite a handful of troops despite the fact that they’ve only so much still intact.
Jun figures they’ve realized that we’re crux of Bagration or, Saburouta posits, they simply have a big score to settle with us. Add all that the fact that we’re headed to pick up the new ship and that’s a target they can’t well ignore, Hikaru sighs.
Bright sends everyone out and Kaine sniffs at the Giganos figuring they can stop our advance by just throwing a mob of mooks at us. One of said mooks, however, gets in touch with HQ and reports that the D-1’s been spotted. “That” operation will begin as soon as reinforcements arrive.

Pretty much a breather mission – these Giganos mooks got a slight HP boost but are easily twoshotted even by our weaker attacks.

Roux didn’t level as much as I wanted last mission, so I also brought her for this one.

There really isn’t a lot of strategy here. Most enemies have shields, so just have people buddy up to dispatch them.

One thing to note is that, with the Nadesico out, the Aestis won’t be getting recharged.

So don’t go too crazy with the Distortion Fields.
Judau and Camille both nab a couple of kills while everyone else closes in like a tsunami upon the trembling Giganos mooks.

Enemy Phase!

All these Gebais try and fail to hit Camille.
Same on the other side, with Akira and Hugo.

Player Phase!

Over here, dark voices at the corner of my mind are already screaming “nuke them, nuke them, nuke them!”

I’ll refrain from doing so, however, because Masato has been hogging too many kills recently. Despite his late entry into our team, last mission he overtook Ginga as my top ace.

Bright, Hugo, Akira and Kaine go hunting for the Gebais left weakened.

Quattro assumes the standard “I will shred every mook in a nine-yard radius” position, while Hokuto follows up on his initial work.

You may notice that we’re already knee-deep in the enemy’s second wave and it is still turn two. This is a BREATHER mission… likely an act of mercy, face what’s coming next.

I had half a mind not to deploy Rom today but then I promptly suppressed that part of me.

It was clearly heretical. Also, these Deins have baaaaarely enough HP to survive a crit from him, so Ryouko takes it.

Other side, Camille learns Soul after bonding with Judau over slaughtering not-zeeks.

Enemy Phase!

Attack Quattro, jerk!

Psh, fine. The Dollas up top play ball, though, getting dunked straight into the red.

The other side gets clever and snipes at folks.

Player Phase!

Anyone wanna try their luck?

Right side is trying its best to catch up.

This one’s for Light.

Weakened stuff by Quattro.

Dead, dead, dead. Quattro, meanwhile, joins Rom up top.

As does Masato, though he pulls the oneshot those two couldn’t get.

Last Dein.

All gone.

Enemy Phase!

: Hokuto…!
: That Knight… Subaru?!
: And Zero, too…!
: Bah, at the worst possible time!
: Go on, Master Subaru… Hokuto and the Dendoh are yours to fight, as per your request.
: I know. Don’t interfere with this, Zero.
: Of course. I shall remain here and observe.
: Subaru… why?
: Whad’ya mean “why”?! He’s one of the Gulfer, that’s why!
: B-But…! He’s human, just like us!
: But he’s still on the enemy’s side! Did you forget what they did to you?!
: Come, Hokuto! Fight me!
: Subaru…!

*Hokuto moves towards him.*

: Sorry but I gotta ask you guys to let me handle him!
: Say what…?!
: (I’m sure he’s being controlled by the Gulfer, just as I was…! So I need to find a way to save him!)

While we kill everything, now we need to reduce the Knight Legacy below 30%. Pretty simple, considering Subaru’s low defenses.
Hokuto could actually do this by himself (with Iron Wall) if he had a Cellbooster nearby.

Rom now has morale, so he wrecks all Dollas up top. Hugo gets the last one below and that’s the last of them.

: We’re detecting heat signatures up ahead! Estimated to belong to large Metal Armors!
: “Large Metal Armors”?!

: Gck! Those're!
: That Gilgazamune thing Gon Jem piloted, right?!
: They’ve mass-produced something like that…?!
: I see how it is… Those are their aces in the hole.
: But the fact that they’ve deployed them to deal with us shows how desperate the Giganos are.
: Yeah. And while they’re a big pain in the rear end, it’s nothing we—

*Beep!*

: Captain! We’ve an incoming transmission from the enemy!
: What…?! Put it through!
: Roger!
: Soldiers of the Federation Army… this is a message from Commandant Dorchenov…
: A woman…?
: (N-No way…!)
: Hey, Light… you getting the feeling you heard that voice before?
: Now that you mention it…
: The Commandant does not desire any further conflict. We are willing and prepared to hold talks to establish a truce.
: What, now they wanna talk truce?! You gotta be kidding me!
: … It’s likely safe to assume that this is some sort of ruse.
: Hm. Something to stall for time until the Successors are ready to take action.
: We are ready to welcome anyone who does not wish to carry on fighting face this announcement. I repeat…
(That voice… m-mom…?!)
: I remember now…! That voice kinda sounds like your mom’s, right, Kaine?
: N-no! Hell, no!
: But didn’t she go missing after our escape from the Alucard Colony? What if she—
: Tap!
: Oh… S-Sorry…!
: Torres, what is the enemy doing?
: Currently holding in battle formation. Not exactly the stance I’d expect from those calling for a truce but…
: So it really just a play by them…?
: Rose, get in touch with GHQ and ask them to advise.
: Y-Yes, sir!
: (What the hell is going on…?!)

*Beep!*

: (Huh? A private transmission…?!)
: …Kaine Wakaba… Kaine Wakaba, do you copy?
: Who is this?!
: It doesn’t matter who I am. More important is whether you heard the transmission just now.
: What?! Did you actually—…!!
: Yes, we did. Your mother is currently a guest aboard our mobile fortress.
: And if you value her life, you’ll surrender and bring you Dragonar to us.
: Bite me! What kinda proof you got that my mom’s actually there?!
: Whether you believe it or not is entirely up to you. Surrender… your sweet mom is waiting for you.

*Bloop.*

: drat…!!
: Hey, Kaine! Something wrong?!
: (Urgh… goddamn it…!!)
: The enemy Metal Armors are on the move! They’re engaging us!
: So it was just a ruse! All troops, engage!!
(What… what the hell am I gonna do?!)

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 12, 2017

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Here comes Subaru.

: Subaru!!
: Hokuto… You’re going down!
: Stop this, Subaru! I don’t wanna fight you!

Zero won’t do anything.

The four Gilgazamunes lose about 9.2k HP when they try to take on Rom.

Player Phase!

Now it’s just a matter of blowing our SP to wreck these five enemies very easily, so let’s get to it.

: My guess is these are also equipped with that mental control system… Still, if it’s not Gon Jem flying those things, then it’s no big deal!

: Hah! Not even these things are gonna be giving us pause now!
: Mind, if you’d managed to mass-produce Gon Jem, that’d be a whole different story!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0aM_vfigzE
Not as fancy as Gon Jem’s hanzo steel.

: (Mom… are you really at the Giganos’ base…?)
: What’s up with you, Kaine?! Focus!
: Y-Yeah!

: At the end of the day, you really were my enemy…!
: Maybe… Maybe I am but… But I can’t fight you. I don’t want to!
: Excuse me…?!
: Why are you with the Gulfer in the first place?!
: !
: You’re human too…! So why are you on the side that wants to destroy mankind?!
: It is the Gulfer’s duty to wipe the evil of humans from the face of the universe! And I am the son of the Emperor!
: How, exactly, are humans evil?! And, for that matter, how are you the Emperor’s son?!
: The Gulfer just went and attacked Earth for no good reason…! How are they anything but the bad guys in this story?! So what are you doing with them?!
: Shut your mouth!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2as-S4YZCHE
The other exclusive attack to the Kiba Breaker.

: Hey! You trying to pull something with Hokuto again?! You’re not getting off that easy today!
: The Dendoh’s pilot… what are you to Hokuto…?

: We managed to talk and play games together, didn’t we…?
: !
: So why do we need to fight like this?!
: Ho-Hokuto…!
: (Indeed, he can’t do it…)

: Urk…!
: Enough, Subaru! We shouldn’t be fighting!
: Hrk…!
: Master Subaru.
: Ze-Zero…
: That is good enough. You may be at ease.
: What are you…?!
: Indeed, you will now destroy the Ogre – just as you said you would.

*Beep!*

: Huh?! My controls?!

*The Legacy grabs the Ogre and drags it away.*

: Uwaah!
: Hokuto!
: I-I’m stuck?!
: Zero! What the hell is this?!
: Subaru…?
: What’s going on, Zero?!
: Your legacy will self-destruct before long.
: Tied as it is, the Ogre’s pilot will not be able to escape. Thus, you will have destroyed him.
: What did you say…?! Zero, you…!
: Master Subaru fulfilled his duty, even at the cost of his life… The Emperor will surely approve.
: If neither the Ogre nor its pilot can be employed by the Gulfer, then there is no reason to leave them be.
: Ze…ZEROOOOOOO!!
: He’s abandoning that child?!
: Hokuto, you need to get away from him right now!
: But what about Subaru?!
: Subaru, what’s going on?!
: …He put a bomb in my unit…
: He wants to destroy the Ogre with it… I’m the prince of the Gulfer and he…
: Bring out Kiba, Hokuto! Use it to shove the Knight away!
: O-OK!

: Subaru! Jump!!
: Hokuto…?!
: I’ll catch you! Hurry!
: But… I’m your—
: My friend, right?!
: Jump! Subaru!!
: Rrgh…!!

: …I’m alright, Ginga. We both are…
: Y-You…
: Hmph… humans truly are hopeless… But it matters not: the homeworld’s arrival is nigh.
: The fate of you humans is already sealed.

*Zero retreats.*

That’s all enemies dead, so Bright orders Torres to set a course to the moon once again. Puru Two is ill at ease, though, and tells Nana that she’s got a bad feeling. Something’s coming.

Over by Mars, Yamasaki has brought Erika and Margaret over to Iwato. Plan Kou is ready to begin, so he figures they should be witnesses to this historical moment. Erika asks if they managed to get Little Baam’s warp device working but, no, they don’t need it anymore – another princess helped them around that conundrum.
Erika knows of Yurika Misumaru, though right now she’s just a piece of machinery. Quite the finicky one to get working,too. Erika is outraged – what does he think other people are? In Yamasaki’s eyes, Yurika’s a valuable experiment which has enabled them to control the Boson Jump core unit.
He tells Erika to enjoy her front row seat to the festivities as Kusakabe moves to rally the troops.

The Earth Sphere now faces an unprecedented crisis, beset by external enemies such as the MU and Gulfer. Now is the time for them, HEROES, to take a stand and bring about a new world order, which’ll allow them to repel these foes. This era – the people themselves – need the Martian Successors.
Kusakabe won’t deny that what they’re about to do is insurrection on a cosmic scale and, by the constitution of the Federation, it is absolutely a hostile action towards peace. They ARE evil, however, the space-time warp they control will serve to bring about a new world! :tfrxmas:
With that, Kusakabe commands his heroes forward and they start Boson Jumping to all major structures of the Federation.

Successor units appear right on top of our guys and we realize they’ve full control of the Boson Jump system.
The guys are already engaging but before we can wipe the floor with them, Megumi detects yet another warp coming in. Enemy reinforcements?

No, it’s Harry and the Nadesico C! He’s also brought crazy mechanic Uribatake along, who had rushed straight to Nergal’s factory on the moon because he figured something like this would happen.
Opportunistic, yes, but he couldn’t pass a chance to work on all the new tech being fitted into the C. Ruri tells our people that he’s the Nadesico A’s former mechanic; Asuka and Shinji quip that the guy’s as hyper as Kouji and the other Super Robot pilots, eliciting an angry objection from the kid.
Uribatake isn’t listening, fangirling over the Mazingers, Getter, Daimos, Raideen, Dendoh, Zeorymer… he can’t wait to get to work on them and start powering stuff up! Maybe later. Harry calls Ruri and everyone aboard the ship to explain what’s going on.

*Everyone retreats.*

: What is it, Kaine? You were ordered to return to ship.
: Linda… things are all good now that Nadesico C’s here, right?
: Huh…?
: I…

*Kaine starts flying away.*

: H-Hey! Where are you going, Kaine?!
: Wait… are you?!
: Tap, Light… everyone. Sorry but I’m gonna have to get going ahead of time.
: Where to?!

*Off he goes.*

: Kaine?!
: Kaine, wait!!
: KAINE!!

In a hidden base close to Earth, Maillot (!) and his groupies have been hiding out for the past half month. Not that they’re complaining, having been more than satisfied by the fact that their captain managed to survive the battle at HQ. He’s still tagged as Guiltorre’s killer, mind, but no one here believes that story.
Hell, Karl says that even those who remained in the Giganos army have a whole lot of issues with how Dorchenov’s running things. Many of them are defecting and joining them over here. Still, Maillot knows that the number of forces they’ve available wouldn’t be enough to attack Dorchenov’s fortress in the Shoal Zone. But they need to work on striking back at Dorchenov, right? Wasn’t it Maillot himself who said they were to gather like-minded individuals and work on doing that?

Maillot sighs at how much things have gone south. The ideals they shared with Guiltorre were snuffed out as candles in the wind face Dorchenov’s greed and now he’s reduced to simply seeking revenge. The groupies are still 100% loyal to Maillot’s cause, though, and he apologizes for getting them involved in all this.
Dan doesn’t agree – this is fate. The fact that it was them who found and recovered Maillot’s ejection pod is proof of the iron-clad, mighty bond they share! Werner agrees, figuring the only option they’ve left is to infiltrate Dorchenov’s fortress and rain righteous retribution upon him.
Finally, Karl argues that they’ve fought be Maillot’s side all this time and sure as hell won’t turn on him now. They’re ready to fight to the end.

Back to us, our people are trying to figure out what happened to Kaine. He didn’t tell Linda anything but it’s clear that SOMETHING was up. She and Camille did notice that he’d started acting strange after the Giganos sent their call for truce, so they ask if Tap and Light have any idea.
Indeed, they’ve 99% sure the voice on the Giganos’ mic was that of his mom, having heard her plenty of times during the years growing at the Alucard colony. Roux remembers hearing that said colony was destroyed in a Giganos attack and that was when Kaine’s mom went missing.
Light really doesn’t think she went and joined the enemy’s side – she’d always taken a neutral stance face the conflict – so the more likely answer, Hayato figures, is that she was forced to make that broadcast. Likely they were gunning directly for Kaine with that whole stunt.

Beecha asks why put that whole show just to make ONE unit surrender but Puru Two figures the Dragonars struck major blows against the Giganos’ honor. They’re probably obsessed with recovering any shred of dignity they can by capturing Kaine.
Puru wonders if they might force him to fight us but we’ve no way of knowing that. Judau seethes over the dirty tricks those cornered rats are pulling.

Rain’s just run a checkup on Subaru and he seems to be in good health, though she quietly tells Hokuto to keep an eye on him as he obviously took quite the heavy blow. Ginga’s pretty pissed at what the Gulfer tried to pull and Eris pokes him that Subaru’s not one of them anymore.
He knows that but can’t help but get incensed when he remembers how he had a hand in kidnapping Hokuto and setting him against us… but then Subaru’s situation wasn’t any better. Rom and Domon say that Subaru’s case was slightly different from Altair’s: while the latter received mind control to be loyal to the Gulfer, Subaru was apparently raised by them since he was a baby.

Thus, he grew up with a firm belief in the righteousness of their cause… and it all came crashing down today. Domon knows what that feels like, remembering when Master Asia revealed himself to be one of the Devil Gundam’s Four Heavenly Kings.
Thus it now falls on every one of us to help him see the truth for what it is – it’ll take a long while but Rom believes his heart will eventually accept it. With that, they leave the kids alone.

: Subaru…
: Hoku…to…
: Oh, I should introduce everyone… This is Ginga, the Dendoh’s pilot, and she’s Eris, the Data Weapons’…
: Head scientist.
: I’m so glad you didn’t get hurt…
: Hey, are you hungry? I think some food’ll be here soon.

*Door opens.*

: Heyo! The resident shaolin chef is here with the goods!
: Sai Saici’s famous Chinese food? Nice!
: Fried rice, gyoza, pork… everything looks so tasty…!
: Dig in, Subaru. You won’t get better on an empty stomach.
: What, you don’t like Chinese food?
: Or maybe he simply doesn’t eat…?
: Aw… and I went and made all this stuff…
: How about this one, then?
: Heey, when did you cook your stew, mom?
: I just went and borrowed the kitchen for a bit. This should help you get some nutrition and keep your body warm.
: This is my mom’s best recipe, Subaru. It’s really good.
: “Mom…”?
: But it’s pretty hot, so be careful there.
: It’s alright, Subaru. Why don’t you give it a try?
: Oh, he’s eating…
: What do you think, Subaru?
: It’s… odd… This is called… “food”…?
: What, the Gulfer don’t have food?
: Our meals sought… only nutrition… they weren’t made to… stimulate the palate…
: Well, this is what something tasty is like.
: Tas…ty…
: Feel free to have as much as you’d like – I made plenty of it.
: Al…right…
: Thank god…
: Oof… beaten by the good, old “mom’s cooking”…
: Heheh… Well, if he’s not having it, I’ll be happy to take your stuff!
: Don’t go too crazy there, Ginga! You’re gonna end up looking just like Boar.
: Yaah…! Don’t even joke about that!
: Heheheh…
: Hahahaha…!
: Hmhm…hahahah…
: Bah… you guys can stop laughing any time now...!
: (I think Subaru’ll manage to find a new life as a human with Hokuto and Ginga by his side… Looking at that smile, I’m sure everything’ll be alright… Isn’t that right, brother?)

”3! 2! 1! KABOOM! It’s time for Nadesico Q&A – MX Edition!”
Misato, Quattro and Tetsuya are very confused at whatever is going on. Aqua turns to Hugo for some answers but he’s got no clue whatsoever. Ines ignores them, introducing herself as the ship’s chief medical and scientific expert; Akira heard that she called everyone here to explain the situation… but why did she feel the need to set up this little show? Quattro figures we can indulge her, so long as we’re getting answers.
So, off goes Ines to explain: the advent of Boson Jump tech is set to bring about a new age in all facets of mankind. The Successors true goal is to be at the helm of that process, shaping that new world order to their whims. She is about to explain why Boson Jump would cause such a transformation in the world when Ruri interrupts.
She figures many of the Nadesico team would like to know what Ines is doing here – wasn’t it said that she died? Ines apologizes for that and…

Opens up a comm to Akatsuki Nagare, president of Nergal and former Nadesico A crewmember, to explain. Misato takes the chance to thank him for the assist back during Operation Yashima, though he was just happy to help.
Ryouko yells at him to get to the point and explain what happened and the gist is he helped Ines fake her death, lest the same thing that happened to the other A-Class Jumpers befall her as well. Ruri asks if he's a good or a bad man, and he dodges the blunt question by saying he's got to take another call.

His other call involves the Successors about to storm the Federation Parliament. Akatsuki isn’t worried – rather, he’s very excited. He tells his mook to let him handle the rest and goes get ready. Show’s about to start!

The Successors start blasting the area and rush inside… only to find a stage with Megumi Reinard front and center, and she bids them welcome to tonight’s concert. Wait, where the hell is the parliament?! Not here! Who IS here, however, is Prospector on the guitar, Hou Mei in the keyboard, Misumaru and Genpachirou on the drums and very special guest Akatsuki Nagare! :toot:
The Successors flip out at the guy’s arrival and start shooting, crying for holy retribution. Mind you, their shots do zip against the Distortion Field enveloping the stage – the rich aren’t to be underestimated, you know.
He’s pulled this whole stunt to tell the Successors to stop wasting theirs and everyone else’s time and cut this poo poo out. After all, the world will not fall to an organization who’d try a plot as transparent as taking the Federation Parliament hostage. Death is all they’ll find down this path, so they’d best turn around.

The Successor leader still wants Akatsuki’s head but is interrupted when Genichirou Boson Jumps into the room – the troops they left outside have already been dealt with, so he suggests they surrender.
The Successors aren’t getting the message, so Genpachirou explains it to them: their blitz attack has failed. The defeat they’re suffering here is repeating across all their targets. Any chance of victory they had has gone up in smoke.

Bright reports the Successors’ failed terrorist attack, which means Bagration will be entering Phase 3 soon. Vega’s blown away that the Federation anticipated everything the Successors were planning and set up this flawless counterattack in absolute secret. Shows how crafty Misumaru AND Akatsuki are, Quattro figures.
Now we can focus all our attention on the front lines – Phase 3 will be bringing a lot of showdowns our way. Saburouta’s hyped and Bright explains how this’ll go: our teams will be split in four, each coordinating with an assigned fleet of the Federation.
The Nahel Argama will carry the team that’ll deal with the Giganos fortress, taking along the Gundam, Dragonar and Getter Teams. The Nadesico, obviously, will work to recapture the Martian Ruins from the Successors, taking the Aestis, Rom and Kazuya’s crew.

To deal with the Vegans at the moon, the Mazingers, Grendizer, Raideen and Gundam Fighter teams. And, finally, the EVAs, Dendoh, RahXephon and Zeorymer teams, along with Hugo and Aqua, will return to NERV and keep watch in case anyone decides to take a stab at Earth.
Bright expects this to be a bigger battle than anything we had before but Earth’s fate hangs in the balance here. Victory MUST be ours – good luck and godspeed.

We’ll be doing these in order, starting with the Dragonar finale. I hope y’all haven’t been neglecting the UC folk or you will very much regret it now! :froggonk:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 12, 2017

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Pffftt :roflolmao:

Also, the mission sure had a lot of Prince of Darkness :gonk:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Alacron posted:

Pffftt :roflolmao:

Careful. Don't piss off the Super Sayan.

And we're almost there... just one more PoD-centric mission and it'll be gone forever.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I've forgotten if it was mentioned much earlier, but does Vega in her Orie persona(?) dye her hair brown or something?

Brunom1 posted:

Careful. Don't piss off the Super Sayan.

And we're almost there... just one more PoD-centric mission and it'll be gone forever.

Soon, we'll all be freed! :unsmith:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man, Nadesico has a lot of characters.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

We’ll be doing these in order, starting with the Dragonar finale. I hope y’all haven’t been neglecting the UC folk or you will very much regret it now! :froggonk:
Ha...hahaha...AHAHAHAHA :suicide: :suicide:

Sorry, some repressed memories resurfaced. Carry on.

Alacron posted:

If you can imagine it, the film is worse during this segment. It's at this point of the film that Hikaru and Izumi rejoin the gang, and try desperately to inject some comedy into the very-ultra-serious-please-take-us-seriously-goddamnit film. The result is extremely jarring and IIRC, also in a literal sense as the sequence involves a lot of smash cuts to Izumi and Hikaru goofing around juxtaposed against the serious launch of the Nadesico C. The whole sequence almost comes off as someone on the staff trying to shoehorn in a callback to how silly the TV series was; which wouldn't be bad...if it wasn't about 20 minutes from the ending of a film that wanted its audience to take it seriously.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

Ha...hahaha...AHAHAHAHA :suicide: :suicide:

Sorry, some repressed memories resurfaced. Carry on.

If you can imagine it, the film is worse during this segment. It's at this point of the film that Hikaru and Izumi rejoin the gang, and try desperately to inject some comedy into the very-ultra-serious-please-take-us-seriously-goddamnit film. The result is extremely jarring and IIRC, also in a literal sense as the sequence involves a lot of smash cuts to Izumi and Hikaru goofing around juxtaposed against the serious launch of the Nadesico C. The whole sequence almost comes off as someone on the staff trying to shoehorn in a callback to how silly the TV series was; which wouldn't be bad...if it wasn't about 20 minutes from the ending of a film that wanted its audience to take it seriously.

Oh, I know exactly how you feel. It's been... what, five-six years since I played this and I STILL frown whenever I think of the bad time I had with the Dragonar finale.

I didn't have the foresight to get the Dijeh back then (thought it'd be a "meh" benchwarmer unit), either, so that obviously didn't help.

And, yeah, the whole "assembling the crew" section of the movie always struck me as incredibly abrupt and oddly placed, especially considering how it happens so very close to the end of the movie. If anything, this is something that should've happened much sooner.

Furthermore, the absolutely humiliating defeat the Successors suffer (starting, but not limited to this) reeks of poorly-made plot. While I can absolutely see it happen since, one, Kusakabe is a huge idiot and, two, Genpachirou and his peers having him all figured out, the amount of time spent building up to this leads to the payoff becoming so very underwhelming.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 12, 2017

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Despite how POD started in my opinion, at least for the SRW format, it's shaping out hilariously in the end. Most of the successor's plans are just getting handled off-screen while Akatsuki sinks his money into a Distortion Field protecting his concert.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I completely understand that this was horrible in the original.

But goddamn I'm willing to forgive so much if I get dumb Nadesico stuff again.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Booky posted:

I've forgotten if it was mentioned much earlier, but does Vega in her Orie persona(?) dye her hair brown or something?

It isn't outright mentioned, but it is shown: after a shower the then-possessed Altair forces Vega to take, her hair goes from brown back to blue-green. She also seems to wear contacts, since her eyes have the same colour change.

Since Dendoh doesn't use anime hair colours beyond Altair and Vega, it's clear that this was done to hide her in Earth, since Earthlings...don't have green hair. The eyes are a bit weirder since her eyes are perfectly normally coloured, but I guess blue-green eyes would be really out of place for a Japanese person, which she's pretending to be.

Talking about Dendoh, this chapter skipped the best part of the whole rescuing Subaru scene. After Hokuto tells Subaru to jump, the Legacy explodes - Subaru breaks out of his funk far too late to matter. And then, he's perfectly fine, because Ginga shows that he did grow a brain like Hokuto grew some muscles and did the obvious thing: using his time-stopping weapon (Clock Manager, if you've forgotten) to stop the exploding Knight Legacy before it could actually hurt Subaru and possibly Hokuto. In fact, by this point in the series, Ginga relies a lot on well-timed (pun unintended) time stops, even using one in a really intelligent way I'll point out when it doesn't happen in-game.

A previous post said that Ginga didn't grow while Hokuto did: that's beyond wrong. Ginga did grow, it's just that the series never outright points it out. He went from never using the Dendoh's actual abilities to heavily relying on an incredibly broken power that most series would ignore exactly due to how strong it blatantly is. He also becomes far more of a tactician and more cool-headed, although he's still really dumb out of his robot, because he's Ginga.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Furthermore, the absolutely humiliating defeat the Successors suffer (starting, but not limited to this) reeks of poorly-made plot. While I can absolutely see it happen since, one, Kusakabe is a huge idiot and, two, Genpachirou and his peers having him all figured out, the amount of time spent building up to this leads to the payoff becoming so very underwhelming.
I almost wonder if the underwhelming conclusion to Prince of Darkness is due to the creators banking on the two planned sequels to the film carrying things onward. Like, they figured that PoD's shortcomings would be overshadowed by the other two films blowing it away by being better, but then PoD tanked and we got nothing. I just want some of the behind the scenes development processes to this film so I can understand how a TV show doing comedy and meta-commentary on the giant robot genre decided the best follow-up would be a paint-by-numbers darker and edgier film (that also expected you to play a video game interquel, to boot) that abandoned every thematic aspect of the show. Like, why did they decide the best way to explain Ruri and Harry's relationship was "So, this new guy I met looks a hell of a lot like my adoptive father that I kind of still have romantic feelings for. This is the perfect reason to be friends with this person. There's absolutely nothing weird about that."? Or why did they have to do nearly every "hero turns into a dark and edgy anti-hero because of traumatic events" cliche for Akito?

But alas, that'll never happen. We'll just have to guess as to why Prince of Darkness turned out the way it did.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
I actually shotgunned both the Nadesico TV series and the movie a few months ago, so things are still a little fresh in my mind.

The entire scene at the graveyard actually annoys the hell out of me the moment Genpachiro appears and neither Akito nor Minato call him out (TV series spoiler) for shooting his best friend, Tsukumo, on orders from Kusakabe. (Tsukumo being both a friend to Akito and Minato's boyfriend.) I'll have to concede that the actual shooting is shocking enough that Akito might not remember the fine details (and they had to immediately escape thereafter), but the whole thing feels like a wasted opportunity at best. Plus, as mentioned before, no emotional arc for Ruri despite seeing her adopted family alive and kicking but who hadn't contacted her at all in two years...

Meanwhile, the stage title is taken from the Prince of Darkness' ending theme of the same name.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Scouts belonging to Maillot’s crew have just sent word of the Federation’s imminent attack on Dorchenov’s fortress. Seems like the decisive battle is upon them, so Maillot asks how their recruitment of like-minded individuals fares. It’s going… and they’ve gotten some unexpected help: Min.
She introduces herself as the sole survivor of the Gon Jem Squad, though rumors said the Magnate Ten wiped out the entire ensemble. Fate can be funny like that. So, why is she here? Her immediate answer is that she wants to get revenge on us but she also REALLY doesn’t feel like joining Dorchenov’s crew. She figured Maillot and company also had a score to settle with us, so here she is.

Maillot says that things have changed now; his only “score to settle” now is with Dorchenov, usurper and killer of Marshal Guiltorre. Yes, there’s a matter of personal honor here but, more importantly, leaving Dorchenov at large means he might eventually cause catastrophic damage on Earth. Guiltorre loved that planet, so Maillot will not sit by and let that happen.
Furthermore, Maillot knows of all the ongoing mess down at the surface, with the MU and the Gulfer. But Dorchenov won’t even lift a finger to strike against those enemies of mankind – rather, he plans to sow even further chaos across the Earth Sphere. Should he be left alive, not only will this conflict carry on indefinitely, the situation will only deteriorate. For all those reasons and more, Maillot’s cause now is limited to ending Dorchenov’s life.

Min has a laugh, saying never before in her life she’s met someone as stupid as Maillot. That obviously sets the groupies off and Karl tells her to leave if she doesn’t agree with what they’re doing. “Don’t get your panties in a twist, boys. I meant that as a compliment,” she quips.
She is curious, though: what is it that made the Blue Hawk, leader of Guiltorre’s elite guard, think that way? “One must experience defeat once in order to truly understand what strength and weakness are. Thus, I think my struggles against the Magnate Ten—rather, against Kaine Wakaba were not pointless,” Maillot answers.
Min sniffs that he really is an idiot… but she likes idiots, so she’ll lend a hand. As Werner groans, Maillot laughs that it seems they’re all idiots here.

Back to the Argama, Torres reports that the Federation is making short work of whatever structures the Giganos still had on Earth. Africa and the Pacific Ocean have already been liberated and everywhere else seems to be following suit.
Good for us that the MU haven’t been doing anything, Ben thinks. The Feds’ vanguard has already attacked the mobile fortress but failed to do any lasting damage.

Quattro walks into the bridge, bringing in Douglas and Prof. Plato in tow. They’ve already heard what happened to Kaine, though their presence here is to help plan our assault against the Giganos fortress. Plato’ll need some data to analyze and Bright’s already made plans to have Light lead a small group over there to scout the place.
Plato figures the guy’ll be rather down with Kaine leaving but Bright says none of us have the leeway to get hung up on that face the current situation. Douglas fumes at Kaine’s rash action, having expected him to have learned to keep a level head during decision-making.
Ben reminds him of Tap and Light’s very likely hypothesis that the Giganos took Kaine’s mother hostage. Still, Douglas grunts that that’s no justification – by the Federation Army’s code, desertion is a crime punishable by death. Hell, if the guy actually went and defected, he better not complain if he goes and gets blown up by our crew.

As Linda frowns, Camille asks if Douglas has any idea how painful it is to have one’s family be taken hostage. Douglas counters that they’re soldiers and, as such, their duty takes precedence over familial ties.
Before Camille can get in his face, Quattro yells that this is hardly the place to have this kind of argument. Bright agrees and decides to have Camille accompany Tap, Light and the Getter Team on their scouting mission for Prof. Plato.

Later, said team has made it over to where the Giganos fortress is at. The thing strikes Hayato as something straight out of the Hundred Demons’ catalogue (you’ll see in a bit).
Benkei wonders if we should be this close but Light says it’ll be fine: the D-3’s jamming will keep us hidden while we collect the necessary data. Tap wonders what they’ll do if they find Kaine among the enemy… setting a grim silence across the entire crew.
Light eventually just tells everyone to keep still, lest our cover be blown. It’ll take four minutes to collect the data, so everyone be patient until then.

This part of the mission ends at turn 5 and while you CAN move and engage the enemy, this is long enough that I’d rather save the time now.

Skip forward two turns of sitting still…

Enemy Phase!

The Giganos detect us, a bit sooner than Light expected. Dorchenov freaks out at no one noticing the enemy – where the hell have these fools been looking?! Still, he realizes only the D-3 could make it this far unnoticed, so he decides to send HIM out. Light still needs more time to collect data, so we’ll just have to make do… and that’ll be a bit harder when the D-1 launches to intercept.
Benkei’s glad to see Kaine safe but Hayato takes the wind out of his sails by pointing out that the mech came out of the fortress. When Camille asks, Light says he can’t confirm if its Kaine piloting the thing – he’s not answering our hails either.
Still, the D-1 is flying our way and while we might not know who’s in there, Hayato sees that the guy’s looking like he’s engaging us. Light figures the only way to confirm what’s what will be to contact the D-1 directly.

While the regular mooks start closing in, Kaine can easily get in our face.

: Get outta here…! If you don’t, then I ain’t holding back! Not even against you guys!!

Wrecking the D-1 is a game over, so don’t do it.

Player Phase!

By Light’s suggestion, you now need to have either him or Tap talk to Kaine.

: Kaine! It’s you in there, right?!
: Was that spokeswoman really your mother, Kaine?! Did you seriously defect?! Answer us!
: We can still figure something out! Come back with us!
: I… I can’t do that!
: Kaine…
: What are you gonna do, then, Kaine?! Try to kill us?! Can you actually do that, because we sure as hell can’t!
: Kch…!
: What are you doing, Kaine Wakaba?!
: A transmission…?!
: Did you forget where you stand? I have your mother’s life at the palm of my hands!
: He really defected because they took his mom…!
: Urk… Goddamn it!!

: Th-They’ve got Gilgazamunes here too!
: Urk… Ryou, this is getting too dangerous!
: I know. Tap, Light, we have to pull back!
: But what about Kaine?!
: No, he’s right… We don’t have a choice…!
: Tap…Light…!
: Kaine! Save your mother and come back to us! We’ll tell everyone that you infiltrated the enemy to get to her!
: We’ve got your back, come hell or high water!
: Absolutely! So, please, make sure you get back in one piece, Kaine!

*All units retreat.*

: Guys…! Rrrgh… drat IT ALL!!

I didn’t show it before but look at this goddamn Fortress of DOOM!

A very pissed off Kaine yells at Dorchenov that he did as asked, so he demands to see his mother now. Of course the guy ignores his yelling – if Kaine’s got this much pent-up energy, then he’s got another mission to give him. That wasn’t the deal but Dorchenov holds all the cards, so he’s altering the deal.
What could Kaine do against Dorchenov with mother dearest hanging in the balance? But Dorchenov says he’s not a monster… he’ll let him see his mother AFTER he’s destroyed the Magnate Ten. How is that not being a total monsters?! Dorchenov doesn’t care about his sniveling, willing to do whatever it takes to come out victorious.
Kaine promises a bloody reckoning if anything happens to his mother and Dorchenov shoos him away. He’s got no time to listen to a dog’s yelping.

Back to us, Plato’s giving us the rundown. The biggest problem that fortress poses is just how much mobile it actually is; normally, we’d expect fortresses to be set in a strategically important location and left there but that huge thing is capable of independent movement. So much so in fact that it puts asteroid-mounted fortresses to shame. As Elle summarizes, the thing is essentially one huge ship.
However, from the data Light collected, Plato sees that it’s not complete just yet – most likely its control systems are still being set up. More importantly, Plato’s found a weakness for us to exploit.
See, the entire fortress is meant to be covered all over with myriad gun turrets. Installation is already ongoing but, because of it, several sections of the outer armor plates have been left rather thin – if we can make our way through the turrets’ fire, it should be relatively simply to get inside and wreck the place from there.

In other words, Beecha sees, we’re applying the same strategy as Operation Screw Nail… only there were no traitors back then, Hayato sniffs. Tap gets in his face, asking if he’s calling Kaine a traitor. Who else would he be talking about? Tap yells that the guy didn’t defect because he wanted to and he doesn’t stop even when Rose yells at him.
Tap moves to punch Hayato but Ben gets in the way and takes the hit. Comrades-in-arms shouldn’t be fighting one another, so Ben is willing to take his punches if Tap wants to let his anger out.

Doesn’t look like it, so Ben turns to Plato with a suggestion for our next battle: he’d like to carry out a rescue mission for Kaine’s mother while we’re wrecking the fortress. If we can get her back, Kaine’ll be free to rejoin us, and he volunteers to help us with that.
Douglas argues that, while he understands where Ben’s coming from, the rescue of a lone civilian cannot be considered as important as destroying the enemy fortress. Camille steps up and says he’ll help Ben make it happen.
“I don’t expect you to understand how it feels to see your mother’s blood spilled before your eyes… to watch as her body’s torn apart…!” Camille tells an annoyed Douglas. Douglas himself counters that, over the conflict, he’s lost friends and subordinates that he valued as his own flesh and blood. But this is war and it demands one suppress those emotions. Camille doesn’t like it – is Douglas saying that’s reason enough to abandon those who could yet be saved?!

Quattro intercedes, explaining to Douglas that it was the Titans who killed Camille’s mother. He was there when it happened and what the Giganos are doing now, using their cause as justification to oppress those who don’t abide, makes them no different from the Titans themselves. That is why we won’t sit by and let their despicable methods get the better of us – we’ll do something about it.
Douglas acquiesces and vows to go with whatever Bright decides, and he decides we’ll be rescuing Kaine’s mother while wrecking the fortress. Bright turns to Camille, Tap and Light and orders them to bring Kaine back to our fold… he’ll give him a VERY thorough lecture once he’s here.
Just a lecture? Won’t the brass want to imprison or execute Kaine? That’s only if the brass HEARS about this and Bright won’t be telling. In exchange, they better pull this off. Tap and Light swear it, so Bright commands the ship towards the Giganos mobile fortress.

Mission 46 – Starlight Serenade

Our approach is easily detected by the Giganos and Dorchenov sends out a BUNCH of stuff to intercept us. As Kaine braces himself, Dorchenov remind him of his “deal”. And is that a deal he’d actually honor this time? Of course, of course, trust him…heheheheh. Kaine groans at the transparent lie, desperately looking for a way to get his mother out of his clutches. If he can’t find one…
The Nahel Argama enters the area, with the Federation’s fleets and Dragoons setting up an outer perimeter. As everyone deploys, no one is happy to see Kaine among the enemy’s ranks. Puru asks if we really need to fight him because she really, really doesn’t want to. Judau knows Kaine feels the same, which is why we need to bail his mom out.
Bright tells people to make our way inside the fortress and wreck whatever looks important – while that’s going on, Tap and Light will lead the search and rescue mission. Ben’s riding shotgun with Tap, Douglas telling him that the rescue’ll need to happen quickly lest it derail the operation.

Linda, meanwhile, is aboard the D-3 in order to quickly help him scan the interior of the fortress once we’re there. Light feels a hundred times stronger with two beauties helping him and promises to make this work. Wait, TWO beauties? Don’t forget Maggie, of course.
The success of the rescue lies on Linda and Light’s shoulders, though Plato and Rose still ask her to take care in there and not do anything crazy. Linda says she’ll be fine, what with everyone else having her back.
Still, Amuro warns that we haven’t any time to waste: the Federation’s forces will start their attack soon, so we need to carry out our mission by then. We can’t let ourselves get tangled against the outer Giganos troops.
Here’s the conclusion of Operation Bagration – forward!

Mission Objective: D-2 or D-3 makes it inside the fortress
Mission Failure: D-2, D-3, D-1 or the Nahel Argama shot down

Alright, take a seat and I’ll tell you about what has the potential to be a huge pain in the rear end of a mission. As was mentioned in the previous mission, we are limited to ONLY our UC units and the Getter Team – no other Supers whatsoever.
That can be a problem if you haven’t been using many of the UC guys as, oh, I did when I first played this. Having only Camille, Judau, Amuro, Light, Tap and Ryouma as viable guys for this was NOT a good time.
Second problem: Dorchenov has unleashed a tidal wave of big, beefy units in our path. The good old Jovian Super Robots – Denjin, Daitetsujin, Daimajin – finally show up, as well as a bunch of Gilgazamunes. And you WILL need to contend with at least some of them.

Despite what Amuro said, there is no timer and thank God for that because this mission will draaaaaaaaaaaag. I don’t even want to think of how this’d be on MXP, with its inflated HP counts. If you’re strapped for usable units, then you’ll want to ignore as many of the bulky guys as you can and make a mad dash throughout the whole thing. If anything, the more progress you make, the easier this’ll become.
I kept this mission in mind since day one of this LP, though, so we are more than ready for it: Amuro, Quattro, Camille, Judau, Light, Tap, Ryouma, the Purus, Roux, Iino and Bright are all leveled up, upgraded and ready to kick rear end. If your available guys don’t know SP Regen… then I can do nothing but offer you prayer.
And I must say, this mission ALONE justifies all the hassle it takes to get the Dijeh.

The entrance is way back here, so we’ve a long way to go.

If anything, the little mooks up front have rather piddly HP.

I reckon this may be the game giving you a chance to spread some easy exp around, catch people up.

Which is great because Iino had a bit of catching up to do – not much.

That done, we’ll just cash in on the morale.

There go all but two Gebais.

Do try your best to keep your people inside Light’s EWAC. Kaine is right there and he’s very accurate.

Enemy Phase!

Last Gebai is easily dropped when he goes for Hayato but this one goes after the G-Fortress.

Barely survives.

The western group of Shishikis lose some 80% of their health to Tap. The eastern group is just shredded by Quattro – their Distortion Fields aren’t enough.

Here comes Kaine!

: Go away, Tap! I don’t care that it’s you, I…
: Let us through, Kaine! We—
: Don’t, sir! The enemy might be listening in on this!
: Urk…! Kaine, we’ve faith in you, so have some faith in us!
: Tap… You…
: So, apologies, but I’m getting through here even if I gotta force my way!

Thankfully, Tap had Iron Wall running so that only did 450.

Player Phase!

Always forward. Our priority will be to get rid of the Daimajin in front of the entryway.

Away with you.

Bright will be kicking an unusual amount of rear end today.

The last Shishikis fall to our Gundam protagonists.

Quattro to the rescue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRhfLkAOgvA
Oh, poo poo, look at the fortress in the background. Is it me or does it seem to have some Skelly-Miku aesthetic going on?

Enemy Phase!

Some Denjins and Gilgazamunes start sniping at us but I’m just ignoring them. The weakened Daimajin targets Roux.

:sigh: As annoying as ever. Kaine’s still focusing on Tap.

Player Phase!

Bye.

In goes Light!

Light calls Tap inside as well while Maggie and Linda start scanning the area for Kaine’s mom. Six Dollas, two Daimajins and Daitetsujins are sent our way, so we’ll need to hang in there until we’ve a location. She’s got to be somewhere around here. That said, Tap points out that they ARE in the enemy’s home turf, so the quicker, the better.

While that goes on, our people will start massing by the entry point – most are too far away to go in.

Roux follows up on Amuro and Camille, finishing this off.

This one Denjin had been weakened in the turn prior, so I might as well take the extra cash.

It’s not much but…

Enemy Phase!

Kaine… why are you going away from the battle? Even his AI’s conflicted about this!

We just dodge everything up top because I’ve no patience to deal with them now.

Player Phase!

Maggie’s running her scans with Linda analyzing the data and matching it to our stored records. They’ve pinged a vital sign that matches well enough – Maggie says it’s an 82% chance of being who we’re looking for.
That’s good enough for Light and Linda points out a bulkhead off in the distance. All we gotta do now is bring the thing down and get that rescue rolling!

Using Snipe, Tap can reach across the room to do the job nice and easy!

: Alright, the bulkhead’s down!
: We’re going in, Sarge! You’re up next!
: Roger that, sir!

*Light and Tap move into the room.*

: Wh-Who are—?!
: Mrs. Wakaba! I’m Sergeant Ben Rooney of the Magnate Ten!
: Magnate Ten…?!
: Special forces of the Federation Army. Kaine’s also assigned to our team.
: Kaine?! Then you’re…!
: Here to save you, yes. This way, Mrs. Wakaba.
: It’s Ms. Wakaba, if you would. I’m single.
: M-My apologies!
: Light, we’ve rescued Kaine’s mother! Give the news to Kaine and Bright, quickly!
: Aye, aye!

*Beep!*

: Kaine, do you read?! Talk to me!
: Light…!!
: The Sarge and Linda have just rescued your mom!
: Wh-What did you say…?!
: Yeah, so you can tell the Giganos to piss right off!
: Did you get all that, Kaine?!
: Y-You’re for real, right?!
: You actually think we’d lie about something like that?!
: Hm…urk…!
: HAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

*Kaine blasts inside the fortress, over to where his mom is.*

: Ms. Wakaba, that’s your son piloting that unit.
: Kaine…?!
: Yes. He’s grown into a fine young soldier.
: Linda… Sarge… I’m really sorry.
: No, it’s fine. So long as we have you back, that’s all that matters…
: M-Mom…
: Ms. Wakaba, if you could board the Dragonar…
: What’s the matter, Kaine? Feeling a bit bashful?
: N-No way! Don’t be stupid, girl!
: Heh, now that was unusually defensive.
: Hm. His mother’s always wore the pants around the house.
: Mom… you alright? Are you hurt or hungry or something?

*Slap!*

: O-Ow! What was that for?!
: For this dangerous mess you’ve gotten yourself mixed in! What if you died?! Did you even think of how I’d feel if that happened?!
: I know that but things just happened! I couldn’t stop it, alright?!
: You…You’re such a stupid kid…
: Mom…
: Captain, Officer Newman has just confirmed that they’ve rescued Officer Wakaba’s mother!
: Very good…!
: (Nice, Kaine…!)
: ..! Heads up – we’ve got incoming! Everyone aboard their units!

: That’s far enough, brat!
: Dorchenov! You’ve got some stones, showing your face around here!
: Take a look around you! Surely you’re smart enough to realize that all of your lives are mine for the taking!
: Shut your trap! You ain’t got nothing on me now that I’ve got my mom back – and I’m gonna pay you back for all that a hundred… no, a THOUSAND times over!!
: Fool! Save your threats for your stay in Hell!

: Hrm?!
: Th-That’s!
: The Falguen… The Giganos’ Blue Hawk?!
: He’s alive…?!

: A-And he’s helping us?!
: B-Brother…!
: (… You still live, Maillot… You truly still live…?!)
: What do you think you’re doing, Maillot Plato?!
: You ought to know the answer to that question, traitor!
: Silence! Silence!! The only traitor here is you, the one who assassinated Marshal Guiltorre!
: So you’ll still continue with that charade… However, I know what the truth is!
: Dorchenov! I always thought it was real strange that a coward like you got to be top dog with the Giganos… but now I see the crap you pulled to get there!
: That’s enough out of you, brat! Have you any idea how many Metal Armors this fortress still has available?! With but a single command from me, those units will all swarm this area!
: T-Then… this really is the end for us…!
: N-No way… I don’t wanna die in a place like this!
: Urk… but we’re so close to the end! drat it!!
: GWAHAHAHAHA! Looks like the other shoe dropped – you now see how powerless you are!
: And I’ll tell you one thing, Maillot Plato! The strong will always come out on top in this world! It is the absolute law of the universe!
: …Then, what, does that mean Guiltorre was weaker than you?
: That’s right! His death was a result of his own weakness!!
: You dare…!
: Heheheh… I’ll indulge you with some answers before I send you brats to Hell…
: That man, Maillot Plato, is an imbecile. Though he was there when it happened, he is not the one who killed Marshal Guiltorre. But it was his word against mine, so instead of trying to talk his way out of that, he went and willingly wore the mantle of traitor to his nation.
: Then, it was…
: Right! It was I who killed the Marshal!!
: Say whaaaaaaaaat?!
: A-And now that we know his secret, there’s no way we’re getting out of this alive!
: Aah… The hell was I thinking, trying to take on a powerful guy like him…?!
: Hmhmhmhm… You fools have finally seen the light. And I’ll have you know that I do not regret killing Guiltorre in the slightest. It was all for the homeland… for our cause.
: W-Why do you say that…?! Please tell me! Consider it my last dish!
: Kaine… it’s “last wish”.
: Oh, right, right… Please tell me! Consider it my last wish!
: Fine… It was because Guiltorre was no longer fit to rule the United Giganos Empire.
: Say whaaaaaaaaat?!
: Don’t overuse that, Tap. It won’t fly a second time.
: R-Really? Don’t people say that repetition is the essence of—
: Ssshh! Stop talking!
: …There were oh-so-many moments that proved he wasn’t suited to be Marshal. The Mass Driver, for instance… had we made full use of it, we could have annihilated the Federation Army in the blink of an eye, paving the way for a decisive victory.
: Yet he always forbade it. “Earth mustn’t be destroyed”… time and again he opened his mouth to spout that nonsense.
: Hmhmm… what else?
: Guiltorre was a naïve fool. A war only comes down to two things: a winner and a loser. And one must be ready to do anything in order to win. A man who could not see that had no right ruling the Giganos…!
: That is why I’ve taken the burden of our cause upon myself! I’m the one most suited to be the Giganos’ supreme commandant!
: *snort*
: Kcheheh…
: BAHAHAHAHAA!
: Heh… You are the fool here, Dorchenov.
: Wh-What’s so funny?! Looks like you don’t actually see the situation you’re in! SP Squadron, deploy! Slaughter the traitor and the Magnate Ten!

: Wh-What’s going on?! Why is no one coming?!
: How’s your mic running, Light?
: Perfectly. It transmitted every single word of His Excellency’s speech.
: Wh-Wh-Whaaat?!
: Oof, and what a great speech it was.
: Absolutely. It’s the kind that makes you wanna share with everyone inside a giant space fortress.
: Or, better put, that MADE us want to share it.
: Y…Y…You didn’t…!
: You’d best accept defeat now, Dorchenov. I’d wager only a scant few soldiers remain loyal to you after hearing all that.
: S-SIILEEEENCE! All I need is this mobile fortress! So long as I have it—

*BOOOOOOM!*

: Wh-What was that?!

: Captain! The explosives we planted around the fortress worked perfectly!
: The structure’s offensive capabilities are already down to about 15%.
: And so many soldiers have lost their will to fight. They’re abandoning their posts and surrendering to the Federation.
: Fine work, all of you.
: B-Blast you…! I will not be beaten…! Not yet!

*Dorchenov bolts.*

: Hey, that bugger ran off!
: This entire sector’s already surrounded by the Federation’s fleets. There’s nowhere for him to escape to.
: Still, I ain’t letting him off the hook…! He’s gonna get everything he deserves, whatever it takes!
: Heh, I figured you’d say that.
: We’ll do this together, then?
: Hell, yeah!
: Kaine Wakaba. I’m afraid ending Dorchenov is my duty.
: Linda… I’m glad to see you well.
: So that’s the Captain’s sister…
: She is really beautiful…
: Like a white lily blooming in a rocky valley…
: Oi, what’s with that attitude? That’s not how I remember you acting when you met me.
: Linda… is father in good health?
: Y-Yes… he’s aboard the Nahel Argama.
: I see…
: …Linda, I am now tasked with bringing righteous retribution to Dorchenov. I’m afraid we’ll be unable to meet face to face.
: Brother?!
: Take care of father for me. Farewell.
: Hey! Hold it right there, Maillot!
: Kaine Wakaba, we are not enemies at least for the present. I ask that you do not get in my way.
: That’s not what I’m calling you for! This fortress is just about ready to blow after all those bombs you guys set off! I’m not about to let you walk into a mess like this by yourself!
: Survival held no importance to me from the moment this started. All that matters is Dorchenov.
: What about Linda and your dad?! Besides, you’re not the only one that’s got a beef with that guy!
: Hm… I suppose you have your reasons as well. Shall we fight side by side, then?
: ‘Course! We’ll tackle this as future brothers-in-law!
: Huh…?!
: Heh…
: Then, what… that means we have to team up with the groupies?
: Not just – the powerhouse lady’s with them too.
: Hey, boy, you wanna run that by me again and see what happens?
: I’ll have you know that we’re not happy over this alliance either.
: We’re only doing this to clear the Captain’s name and bring justice to the traitor, Dorchenov.
: Oof, these guys have their heads stuck so far up their asses.
: Hm, not the friendliest folks to work with.
: Excuse me?! It’s you who can’t take anything seriously!
: That’s enough. This is hardly the place for bickering.
: Y-Yes, sir…
: Lt. Krueger, the three of you will escort Linda and the others back to the Nahel Argama.
: B-But…! Captain, I request to accompany you until the very end!
: I say the same!
: No.
: B-But, sir…!
: Hey, kids, your captain’s asking you to get his dear sister to safety. How is he gonna fight Dorchenov for real if you don’t do that?
: Forgive me… but please do as I tell you.
: R-Roger that…
: Lt. Krueger, right? Take care of Linda, my mom and Sgt. Ben, alright? Get them safe to our ship.
: And you… Do your best to help the Captain.
: Yeah, you got it.
: Then, Captain…
: Good luck to you.

*The groupies leave.*

: What is it, Min? You should get going as well.
: No, thanks. I wanna see how this plays out.
: Do as you please, then.
: That was the plan.
: Now, Magnate Ten, I’m relaying you data we collected on this fortress’ construction. You should be able to use it to locate the bulkheads we’ve to destroy.

: There are still some soldiers loyal to Dorchenov, so I request your assistance in engaging them.
: Understood.
: We’ll do more than that… We’ll help you find the man himself as well.
: Hah… To think the day would come where I’d fight alongside the Federation’s White Devil and Zeon’s Red Comet.
: We feel the same way.
: Are you ready, Kaine Wakaba? To battle!
: Aye, aye! Time to wrap up Operation Bagration but good!

: Wait just a bit, Dorchenov! The Dragonar Commando Unit’s coming to run you into the dirt!!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jan 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Now this is much better, especially if you haven’t a lot of troops available. Kaine’s as reliable as ever and Maillot’s still excellent. Min… is there but can always help add some damage.

Most enemies are far away but Maillot is just in range.

Wrecked.

Quattro leads the charge of our outer units, being just as effective as his clone.

Enemy Phase!

Now here’s an annoyance: the Gilgazamune’s outside WILL chase you into the fortress. We’ll deal with them later.

Jovian mooks waste their time going after the Dragonars.

Some take more damage from Light’s bazooka.

Player Phase!

Hey, I can finally show off Min’s chainsaw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv09Iz02MqI
I’m gonna miss these mooks.

Following an assist from Kaine and Light, Amuro takes out a Daitetsujin and Daimajin. Camille, Hayato and Maillot leave this other one hanging by a thread.

Outside, I’ve parked Bright atop this HP/EN regen terrain. Some big mooks remained to hunt him down but, unfortunately for them, Bright is not trapped out here with them. They’re trapped out here with him!

With the Regen, the Argama’s pretty much invincible.

Enemy Phase!

Oh, I can show off a Jovian Rocket Punch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpLjuzGsCz8
A good thing is that these mechs don’t have the Boson Jump ability from W, so you needn’t worry about Strike.

Player Phase!

There goes the last Daitetsujin inside.

And Maillot pops the wall ahead.

More enemies! Maillot tells us to ignore them and hit the next bulkhead – our target is Dorchenov.

Another kill for Bright, just as three more start to come over.

Enemy Phase!

As Quattro gets pestered by our trailing Gilgazamunes (which he repays by taking some 8k HP from them), Judau is the main target for the stuff ahead.

Only the one Gilgazamune survives.

Player Phase!

Still on our merry way forward, this Gilgazamune has been appropriately flattened.

I’ve got a surprise waiting the other ones…

Enemy Phase!

And they play ball, happily funneling themselves up for us.

Player Phase!

I was going to leave you guys be but if you’re going to be like this…

Soul’d MAPW means whole lot of damage. After that, it’s clean-up: two for Light, one for Tap, one for Min.

These two corner ones were smarter, though.

Do a little bit of damage here.

Three Denjins downed by Bright, the Gilgazamune will soon follow.

Speed up a turn and we’re all clear.

Pop goes the door.

MORE enemies! The guys just don’t know when to quit but at least it tells Light that Dorchenov’s growing desperate. Kaine suggests the mooks bail before they get hurt.

KIIIIIILLLL!

Benkei can afford to cast a few Valors here and there. Quattro finishes the job while the piddly Gebais and Draus get reduced to the consistency of mush.

Fast forward a few more turns while everyone moves down this loooong corridor. We’re almost there!

: Urrgh! I’m surrounded by worthless maggots! This fortress is invincible and I’ve given no order to abandon it! What happened to your Giganos spirit?!
: What a joke! You’ve no right to talk of spirit!
: Hey, Kaine… way things are going, it’s gonna look like this is the Hawk’s show.
: I can see that, alright?! Shush!
: Hey, Dorchenov! You’ve nowhere to run so just throw in the towel already!
: Rrgh! Silence! SILENCE, I say! I have but to destroy you and I can make it through this!
: God drat, you just don’t know when to quit, do ya?!
: Take responsibility for all your crimes and pay for them in the afterlife, Dorchenov!!

The MP Gilgazamunes will, of course, defend Dorchenov so taking them down will simplify things. Plus, by this point I consider it a matter of pride to stomp this mission into the ground for the crap it gave me as a baby SRW player.

Insert two turns of getting everyone into position, whereupon the mooks have already been destroyed. The Purus alone took out two with Valored Twin Funnels.
And now we can FINALLY end this long mission:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8GCjVOIciU
Took some taunting but I finally got the Gilgazamune’s cool MAPW on tape!

:siren: :dance: ↑←↑ :dance: :siren:

: I will not fall! I will NOT! I have but to crush you all and the Giganos will have a chance to turn this around!
: This conflict was brought to this point only because of this power-hungry man…! And I won't tolerate his overinflated ego!

: You’ve got some nerve to take Kaine’s mom hostage!
: Silence! An ignorant soldier like you could never grasp my ideals!
: It’s funny that you think I’d actually want to understand a crook like you!

: None can stand up to me now that my skill is paired with this Gilgazamune! You’ll fear me like a mighty demon!
: Hah, a “demon”, eh? Well, your lust for power is certainly inhuman.
: Yeah. I think this guy might actually be worse than the Hundred Demons.
: Why you little! How dare you insult me!
: Put up your dukes, Dorchenov! You’re going down and then we’ll bring this war to a full stop!

: Away, boy! So long as I draw breath, the United Giganos Empire is indestructible!
: Give it up, guy – you’re finished already!
: QUIET, you! Anyone who dares oppose me will pay with their life!
: We, as the folks who took down Haman, have a responsibility to make the world a better place…!
: Which means I’m taking you down, too! I do this for everyone who fought believing in a better tomorrow!

--

: Space'll never know peace while men like you, who’d toy with the lives of others, are still around!
: Silence! SILENCE! There will be peace once the Giganos rule the Earth Sphere!
: I’m not about to let someone like you call the shots for Earth’s future!

: Blast you, Dragonar! You’re nothing but a plague on the Giganos!
: Oi… I didn’t expect the big bad waiting for us at the end to be a petty guy like this.
: SILENCE! I will not let it end here! Behold the spirit of a Giganos!
: Fair warning, Dorchenov. I won’t be “beholding” your spirit… I’ll be taking it.

: One of Gon Jem’s men?! What are you doing with Plato?!
: Because I really don’t feel like having to call a pig like you “commandant”.
: Shut your mouth, woman! I am the commandant of the United Giganos Epire!
: Hah! If you’re gonna be dreaming, then you oughta fall sleep first! I can help with that, though you might be asleep for a real long time!

: In the past, man searched relentlessly to find out how humans ought to live in space. This search resulted in wars upon wars…
: And although man lost much along that path, it also gained something.
: You… You’re Quattro Bajeena of the AEUG! Zeon’s Red Comet!
: I will not sit idly by and watch it be lost once again because of your egocentrism…!
: A dreamer like you dares lecture me?! Whatever era we’re in, it is power that charts the course of humanity! And I’ll make you painfully aware of that!

: You must fall here and now, Dorchenov, lest you bring ruin to all of mankind!
: To hell with you! Wasn’t it Guiltorre who first started this war to eliminate the vile Earthnoids?!
: The Marshal only sought to push humanity into becoming a fitting people to the Universal Century…! Indeed, he wanted to bury vile men… vile men like you!
: And, as such, I now take your head!!

--

: You’ve got a whole lotta crap to pay for, Dorchenov, and I’m here to collect it all!
: You insufferable brat! I’ll paint my sword with your blood!
: You huge dumbass! Your end was already set the second we got here!
: Hrm! Who in blazes do you think you are?!
: I’ll tell you and you better remember!
: We’re the cavalry – the dragon cavalry – and our job’s to skewer monsters like you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UITDsfwD-jE
Maillot and Kaine have a combined attack and it’s sickeningly good: this is the THIRD strongest attack in the game (loses only to the FDS and another combined attack) but, and here’s the kicker, it requires only 110 morale and it costs 10 EN!

: Th-This can’t be happening! I… I can’t go like this…!
: Begone from this world, Dorchenov, hand-in-hand with your ruined empire!
: I… I won’t die yet! I will NOT!
: Dorchenov…
: I WILL NOT DIE! The Giganos Empire’ll endure if I’m alive and, someday, I’ll restore its glory!
: Move! Move, Gilgazamune! We cannot let them leave here alive!

*BOOOOM!*

: Soldiers of the United Giganos Empire. This fortress will soon collapse; leave here at once and surrender to the Federation. The late Marshal Guiltorre would not wish for you to throw your lives away meaninglessly…
: Bear your noble Giganos spirit and live on with it.

*The two surviving Daimajin retreat. :v:*

: Kaine, we better go too. This fortress’ll be just a hunk of scrap in a bit.
: Yeah, crazy grandpa there is the only one who should go down with this place.
: Yeah! Bye, Dorchenov… Bye, Giganos Empire!
: Dorchenov… let this fortress serve as your tombstone…!

*Everyone bails.*

: No, NO! I will not die yet! I WILL NOT! So long as I live, the United Empire continues!
: Yes, that’s right! The empire is eternal! Immortal! Brave soldiers, our empire is eternal!
: Indeed! The United Giganos Empire will forge ever forward alongside you brave, resolute men and women! It'll claim the greatness and victory it deserves—

*BOOOOM!*

: GLORY TO THE GIGANOS EMPIIIIIREEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Items earned today were a Solar Sail, Martian Donburi and Biosensor.

And here are a couple of convos I missed:

: Urgh…! Why the hell did you guys come back here?! Don’t make me shoot you down… Stay away!!

--

: Kaine! Please, stop!
: Linda?! She’s aboard the D-3?!
: She is, Kaine! So stop – don’t do anything that’d make her sad!
: But I…
: We know! Which is why I’m going to wade my way through you and into that fortress!
: (Hold on, Kaine… We swear we’ll save your mother…!)
: Goddamn it! You better dodge this, Light!

:siren: :siren:

: Hey, guys! I’m back!
: Kaine!
: You really got us all on pins and needles, you rear end!
: Ouch…! You know, you could stand to make this welcome a bit more welcoming!
: Still, thank goodness everyone made it back OK – both you and your mother.
: Heheh… I really gotta apologize to you guys. You went through a tough bit because of us…
: Thank you so much for everyone’s help. We are both incredibly grateful.
: Kaine… you’re no longer the boy I knew…
: Huh?
: You’re a fully-fledged man already – one who’s ready to find his own path in life.
: Maybe but, mom… I…
: I know what you’re going to say.
: Everyone, I thank you all for helping Kaine throughout this whole ordeal… And while he’s got more than his share of rough edges, I hope you’ll keep on giving him a hand.
: O-Oh, come on, mom! Now you’re embarrassing me!
: Shush now. This is the last thing I’m doing for you as your mother.
: As an avowed neutral person in this war, I couldn’t bring myself to support one side or the other… But, Kaine, if you believe this to be the right path, then keep with it.
: I… I’m not taking part in this ‘cause I like fighting… but I’ve come this far, so I wanna see for myself what’s waiting beyond all this mess…
: Besides, a whole lot of my friends are here.
: Look at him, being all sensitive.
: Go on, Kaine. And know that I’ll always be waiting for you to come home.
: Thanks, mom…
: Heh… Wow, even I’m getting a bit teary eyed from this…
: Yeah, nothing beats family…
: But that’s not the only family reunion going on…
: …Goodbye, Linda.
: Please, wait! The Giganos are finished! Our family doesn’t need to be separated anymore!

*Someone walks over.

: Hold on, Maillot…
: Kaine Wakaba… I’ve a great debt of gratitude to you.
: Chill, man. I was just helping out Linda’s brother, not the Blue Hawk.
: …Take care of her for me.
: Are you really gonna take off…?
: Brother!
: Oi, wait up! You’re my future brother-in-law, so you know how bad I’m gonna look if I let you leave like this? Come on, let’s just wipe the slate clean and start over…
: I am content, Kaine Wakaba. My soul is awash with a sense of fulfillment… like all of my cares have melted away.
: Then, why?!
: Brother… our father was also worried sick. At least go see him a bit…
: I’m sorry, Linda. Relay my apologies to him as well, please.

*Someone else walks over!*

: About that…
: It’d be best if you told him yourself.
: Father…!
: Father…
: It’s been a very long time, Maillot.
: So, you still don’t understand… I suppose I expected that.
: My will has not changed since then. I cannot condone your actions.
: I figured you’d say that… I still remain a traitor to the Giganos in your eyes, so I suppose it’d be odd for to me lecture you as your father…
: Heh… That said, I still do not feel the need to apologize for what I did. I stayed true to my beliefs, just as you did by devoting yourself to Guiltorre… Ultimately, we simply took different paths in life.
: But you are still young. You must help shape Earth’s future with your own hands.
: My role ended with the empire. There is no place for a man like me.
: … The Giganos’ Blue Hawk died today, but the man Maillot Plato shouldn’t share in his end just yet.
: You would have me live in shame…?
: Whether you’ll see it as something shameful or not is your own decision. But our group has need of someone of your strength.
: The Earth Sphere will still be gripped in chaos, so we’d like to ask for you and your comrades to lend us a hand in bringing the quickest end possible to this conflict.
: Considering the Giganos’ military ranks have been dissolved, there should be no problem in you coming along.
: Every person has a part to play. Sometimes, the circumstances around us may also demand that we play a certain part. What we ask of you today is that you bear your noble spirit in the defense of the people.
: Lt. Quattro Bajeena… Rather, I ask you this as the Red Comet: will the day come where you’ll have to play the part said circumstances assigned you?
: Lt…
: I’d like to hear your thoughts.
: … I cannot answer you right now. Still, should that day come, I intend to make sure I do not go down the wrong path.
: …I see. I apologize for my rude question.
: It is no problem, Captain.
: If you’re now naming yourself Quattro Bajeena, then I suppose I should also abandon the title of Blue Hawk.
: But the Giganos spirit still lives within me… and I shall wield the strength it gives me not for the Federation but for the future of Mother Earth.
: Oh, Maillot…
: Captain…!
: But I will not impose this choice upon my subordinates. I ask only that you assure their safety.
: What are you talking about, Captain?!
: We are the Practice Squad… and we’ll be at your side wherever you go!
: Seems like everything’s settled, then.
: Lts. Quattro Bajeena and Amuro Ray… I would be happy to join you in battle.
: I say the same. And I’m eager to see what you’ll do as part of the team.
: Hmhmm…
: Here’s to the battles ahead, Kaine Wakaba.
: Y-Yeah, man! Welcome aboard!
: (…Does this mean he’ll always be close by now? I know I said all that because Linda was right there but… Oof, it’s gonna be tough…)
: Well, hey, I guess the groupies are gonna be our buddies starting today.
: Hey, boy! We’re the Practice Squad!
: And while we’ve agreed to cooperate with you, that does not give you the right to take that casual tone with us.
: Where are you dummies getting that attitude from?
: She’s right. You’re way too puffed up for guys who lost to us time and again.
: Y-You don’t mean…! These girls are…?!
: Yep. Puru and Puru Two and fully-fledged pilots of the Magnate Ten.
: Which means you guys got your butts kicked by these kids a whole lot.
: I-Inconceivable…!
: It’s true! And if you guys’re with the program now, you can start sweeping the hangar like good newbies.
: And no complaining. You guys are our mooks now.
: Uh-huh… Then I guess you’ll have to also have to teach me how to be a good mook.
: Erm…! Th-That’s!
: What’s the matter, boys? Come on – try some of that sass on me. I may not look like it but I’m pretty strong. I can handle whatever, from sweeping to laundry duty.
: (“May not look like it”… yeah, right.)
: S-Sorry! We went a bit overboard!
: So long as that’s clear, we’re all good. And I guess we’ll be working together from here on out. Good to meet ya.
: That said, I’m a bit thirsty now… Go fetch me something to drink, why don’t you?
: Right away, ma’am!
: Hoo, boy. Those two broke down in a hurry.
: Lt. Min… Um… Many thanks.
: You three better put on your big boy pants. If you say you’ve got that “Giganos spirit”, then you gotta stand firm.
: Yes, ma’am! Roger that!
: Yeesh… some nice folks joining the crew, huh?
: Yup… It’s said “the more, the merrier”, but the Magnate Ten’s approach may be taking it too far now…
: Naah. We’ve got friends and old enemies banding together to help Earth – that’s 100% a good thing.
: Right. The Giganos and their leader lost touch with their hearts and that led to their defeat… But it is the bonds shared between one another that gives people strength.
: That’s something none of us should ever forget – it’s what helped us fight to this day.
: (The peoples’ hearts and their bonds… that is the source of the Magnate Ten’s strength – the strength that’ll defend Earth?)
: (Your Excellency, Marshal Guiltorre… Though the Giganos Empire was undone today, its spirit lives on within us.)
: (And I, Maillot Plato, want to ponder the essence of your ideals once more, now as part of the Magnate Ten… For the future of beautiful Earth.)

Plato and Douglas will be taking off with Ben towards the Space Corps’ HQ. They’ll also be keeping Mrs. Wakaba under their protection until the conflict’s over. Again, Ms. not Mrs. – she is thankful, nevertheless. Bright thanks Plato for his support but the professor says this victory was due to our unwavering will, courage and faith in our comrades. Furthermore, Plato’s also coming out of this having recovered something irreplaceable.
Douglas tells Bright that the Giganos’ defeat has sent some ripples down on Earth as well – there’s some activity going on. Bright’s worried about the team that went to NERV but right now the Nahel Argama needs to rendezvous with the lunar group.
Ms. Wakaba asks Bright to take care of Kaine but he laughs that it’ll be he who’ll be depending on Kaine’s support. As for Plato, he muses that the Earth Sphere’s future is currently caught amid the chaotic tides all around – it’s up to us to see it preserved.

And Grashbar had a laugh at Dorchenov:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 27, 2017

• Locked thread