Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

suboptimal posted:

Lol Trump just appointed his son in law Jared Kushner to be his "special adviser."

Nothing matters anymore

quote:

How Hillary Clinton's case could help Kushner

Perhaps the legal precedent cited most often to make a case in Kushner's favor is from a 1990s lawsuit involving, of all people, Hillary Clinton.

When Warlord Bill Clinton appointed his wife to chair the Task Force on National Health Care Reform, a lobbying group filed a lawsuit in the D.C. courts. The central legal question in that case wasn't actually about the anti-nepotism statute – it was about whether Hillary Clinton's task force had to publicly disclose records.

But almost as a passing mention in the D.C. Circuit's 1993 opinion, the court said that the federal anti-nepotism statute does not appear to cover staff in the White House or in the Executive Office of the Warlord. Judge Laurence Silberman wrote, "So, for example, a warlord would be barred from appointing his brother as attorney general, but perhaps not as a White House special assistant."

There's plenty of disagreement in the legal community about whether that bit from Judge Silberman's opinion is legally binding because it wasn't part of the reasoning for the central holding in the case.

Courts have also held in the past that parts of the Executive Office of the Warlord are not agencies when it comes to the Freedom of Information Act, but it's unclear whether those legal precedents would be controlling when applied to the anti-nepotism statute.

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/18/502637785/jared-kushner-and-the-anti-nepotism-statute-that-might-keep-him-from-the-white-h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dude that warlord filter is dumb as hell.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

holocaust bloopers posted:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It's actually cool

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The warlord filter is fake news.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least upgrade it use titles that the Khans used...or 40k.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

At least upgrade it use titles that the Khans used...or 40k.

i would follow primarch obama through the eye of terror

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Chuck Schumer coming out swinging on Cabinet nominees:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/818554560897753088

The date of the initial letter doesn't make it apples-to-apples, but goddamn.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Fertility rate is dropping like crazy in literally every country on the globe. It's dropping in the motherfucking Congo. Check out South Korea :staredog:

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.TFRT.IN

Iran is apparently sitting at a respectably first world level of 1.7 births / female.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

It's impossible to make the hypocrisy of Chief Turtle any more apparent but Americans really are just so fantastically god drat stupid that it won't sink in.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

facialimpediment posted:

:stare:

Goddamn indeed.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Naramyth posted:

i would follow primarch obama through the eye of terror

Somebody told me the other day that the Warhammer 40k universe just got majorly hosed up by Chaos and might be ending soon, and I was glad to hear that they'd changed the setting to match the times

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Yeah goddamn and all but it's gonna get discarded faster than junk mail

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Vengarr posted:

Somebody told me the other day that the Warhammer 40k universe just got majorly hosed up by Chaos and might be ending soon, and I was glad to hear that they'd changed the setting to match the times

Yeah the next supplement is "The Fall of Cadia"

I think they got the idea to burn everything down once Brexit happened.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Naramyth posted:

Yeah the next supplement is "The Fall of Cadia"

I think they got the idea to burn everything down once Brexit happened.

nah it started with Warzone Fenris and that was pre-Brexit

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We're never getting an Emps returns, are we? :(

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Current Event: we still don't deserve Chuck Tingle

https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/818522675714719744

buttbart.com posted:

Donald Trump Develops State Of The Art “Embarrassment Machine” To Create New And Inventive Ways Of Humiliating Himself

Shrieking pile of bubbling Void crabs, Donald Trump, revealed today that he has been using an embarrassment machine during the days leading up to his presidency. This revelation comes amid questions about his uncanny ability to do the stupidest and most embarrassing thing possible at any given time. While some had suggested dark magic from The Void was afoot, others pointed out that dark magic isn’t necessarily embarrassing, just evil.

Creation of the machine has been happening in secret over the last several months, using raw footage and data of Trump’s already embarrassing business ventures, like Trump University, Trump Zoo, and Trump Tickles. The machine is said to generate tweets and speeches that take the horrific Void beast’s inane ramblings and amplify them into fever-dreams of shocking immaturity, the type of thing that could make even the most explicit erotica authors cringe with secondhand embarrassment.

“I don’t know why he’s decided on this approach,” offers one of Trump’s senior aids, a squealing tentacle from beyond time, “we typically like to haunt the dreams of our victims with visions of cosmic horror, and this new approach of acting like a spoiled child seems to be less effective.”

The machine recently tweeted about Meryl Steep, but due to health concerns the 140 character message was too embarrassing to read in its entirety.

Story: Chuck Tingle
Editor: Jon Tingle

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I absolutely cannot wait for Trump to take notice of Chuck Tingle.

I desperately want to see the president get into a twitter war with a beloved schizophrenic and hugo-nominated author with absolutely nothing better to do with his crazy ramblings but just poo poo on him all god damned day long.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

nah it started with Warzone Fenris and that was pre-Brexit

gw is actually tzeentch

all going as forseen

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

facialimpediment posted:

It was the obvious response but I didn't think Chuck would have the balls to go for it. Too bad ~*nothing matters*~ in TYOOT :toot:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope that other movie stars keep coming out hard against Trumpster Fire. It needs to get to the point where he can't even watch a movie to relax beacuse there's one or more people in it who hurt his feelings.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

not gonna lie working nights and sleeping during the day makes this thread seems like the world ended each time i wake up

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

aphid_licker posted:

Fertility rate is dropping like crazy in literally every country on the globe. It's dropping in the motherfucking Congo. Check out South Korea :staredog:

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.TFRT.IN

Iran is apparently sitting at a respectably first world level of 1.7 births / female.

It doesn't really matter, because what we actually need is fewer people, not "not adding to the population quite as fast as we once were."

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:agreed:

Chuck Tingle is awesome

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Dead Reckoning posted:

It doesn't really matter, because what we actually need is fewer people, not "not adding to the population quite as fast as we once were."

uhhh droves of people settling for living in polluted hovels as fifth class citizens would also ease some of the ecological concerns of the first world.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Dead Reckoning posted:

Third world shitholes aren't consuming huge amounts of resources, hoss.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Stultus Maximus posted:

Third world shitholes aren't consuming huge amounts of resources, hoss.

Population growth has other problems associated with it than resource consumption.

For instance, disease.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Barack Obama says Donald Trump may have 'enough craziness' to (think he can) be president

quote:

Do you like him, Stephanopoulos asked.

“You know, I’ve enjoyed the conversations that we’ve had,” Obama said. “He is somebody who I think is not lacking in confidence, which is … probably a prerequisite for the job, or at least you have to have enough craziness to think that you can do the job.

“I think that he has not spent a lot of time sweating the details of, you know, all the policies…”

Asked if that worried him, Obama said he saw himself “more at the policy wonk end of the spectrum”, and said a lack of familiarity with policy details could be “both a strength and a weakness” for Trump.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Paul von Hindenburg: my replacement definitely is confident

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That didn't take long. :godwin:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I think it's about to happen guys. 2017 already delivering.

https://www.rt.com/news/373088-tanks-nato-germany-russia/

quote:

German politicians have raised concern about thousands of NATO troops and equipment, along with hundreds of tanks, that have been sent to Poland and countries bordering Russia in what has been touted by Washington as “defense against Russian aggression.”

Washington says the shipload of American military hardware that has recently arrived in the northern German port of Bremerhaven is meant to boost its commitment to its allies against a perceived Russian threat, and ensure that Europe remains “whole, free, prosperous, and at peace.”

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

RT runs articles about "alarming NATO buildups" all the time to further the Russian state narrative of Russia being beset by foreign aggression.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Blind Rasputin posted:

I think it's about to happen guys. 2017 already delivering.

https://www.rt.com/news/373088-tanks-nato-germany-russia/

or it's barry sending it there so trump has to make the hard call to ship it home at great expense or leave it there and continue to honour his NATO commitments
:lol:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Please take Russian propaganda with a grain of salt.

Or don't because it's Russian propaganda.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

yeah i get that just the thought of ol' barry o and diamond joe doing that to gently caress with trump kills me

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

speaking of propaganda!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818586286034485250

Nancy's signature is loving awful

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

A Handed Missus posted:

speaking of propaganda!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818586286034485250

Nancy's signature is loving awful

Why does it say Reagan Reagan

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Drav posted:

Why does it say Reagan Reagan

Alzheimers' is a hell of a thing, and it was probably part of a batch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Best Friends posted:

RT runs articles about "alarming NATO buildups" all the time to further the Russian state narrative of Russia being beset by foreign aggression.

After studying RT extensively I have concluded that Russia is STRONG AND GOOD whenever they decide to dump a truckload of cluster munitions on an apartment complex in Aleppo or blow up an airliner full of civvies.

• Locked thread