Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I mad that Horde is cleaning house in Perimeter to print their own trade hub isk, but mostly because we didn't try to do it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

:agreed:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I love that killboards now can tell, for example, that an idiot who doesn't know what the "jump" part of jump freighter means died in his jf taking gates :laffo:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

evilweasel posted:

I love that killboards now can tell, for example, that an idiot who doesn't know what the "jump" part of jump freighter means died in his jf taking gates :laffo:

also the carrier that warped to the sun and died

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

amazeballs posted:

Are there any realistic arguments for shield capitals? I know TEST uses them but it seems based on caprisun's /r/eve post and the nerds sperging out in Jabber when I brought it up that either people poo poo on them or vehemently defend them to the point of getting irritated and irrational. I'm about to buy a carrier and a in a few months a super so I can't accurately speak one way or another because I've never had either before, but I'm :ohdear: about the situation.

The problem with shields in general, and one of these becomes rapidly apparent at the capital level, is the lack of a shield slave set and a passive omni-resist shield module, though the latter could be argued how bad of a problem it is.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Viva Miriya posted:

Not to be a killjoy (I'm going to be a killjoy): it didn't. It was 2.71au from the sun, but the reason the sun shows up as the location is because it was the nearest celestial.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

iospace posted:

The problem with shields in general, and one of these becomes rapidly apparent at the capital level, is the lack of a shield slave set and a passive omni-resist shield module, though the latter could be argued how bad of a problem it is.

those slave type sets for shields are coming though and a shield super is currently the best for krabbing thanks to the speed bonus to fighters.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

zegermans posted:

I get the feeling we got our noses bloodied in F4R and the Russians weren't willing to commit the same level of effort, so we're kinda saying gently caress it. Reminds me a lot of the post-B-R Halloween War.

did anyone expect anything different?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

stale meme dot png posted:

those slave type sets for shields are coming though and a shield super is currently the best for krabbing thanks to the speed bonus to fighters.

Yup, but I'm talking in the current moment. I do have plans to get a Niddy soon though!

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Rhymenoserous posted:

did anyone expect anything different?

It is winter for them so idk maybe some effort what else are they doing besides being shut ins

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Holy poo poo, this thread is a loving trainwreck. I give up. You win, VG.

Keegers posted:

It is winter for them so idk maybe some effort what else are they doing besides being shut ins

The first ten days of January are a national holiday in Russia and associated countries -- it's the lead-up to Orthodox Christmas, which was this weekend. Most Russian players will have hosed off for the last two weeks.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Viva Miriya posted:

without more, I would assume the anom it died in just happened to be closer to the sun than anything else

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

iospace posted:

Not to be a killjoy (I'm going to be a killjoy): it didn't. It was 2.71au from the sun, but the reason the sun shows up as the location is because it was the nearest celestial.

evilweasel posted:

without more, I would assume the anom it died in just happened to be closer to the sun than anything else

oh thats a bummer, good to know for future reference

ullerrm posted:

Holy poo poo, this thread is a loving trainwreck. I give up. You win, VG.

If you are in a crisis don't wait, talk to someone now! 1-800-273-8255

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

So PL dropped Titans on brave. Lol rip. How long till PL gets bored and comes south?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Keegers posted:

So PL dropped Titans on brave. Lol rip. How long till PL gets bored and comes south?

we only used like 30 supers, it was a fair fight

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

evilweasel posted:

Who rats anymore in TYOOL2016+9DAYS?

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Landsknecht posted:

we only used like 30 supers, it was a fair fight

I'm sure there was a lot of risk. :rolleyes:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
brave was smart and probably managed to kill a lot of tyfings/ametats, they won the isk war (and the objective)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

For all that TEST paint themselves as serendipitous memelords they get really shirty if you imply they're not elite.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

https://zkillboard.com/related/30000869/201701091000/

lol

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
Why are we so gunshy about using caps against testco?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

If test is elite why did they leave space next to panfam? Wouldn't they want to be near other elites

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

apparently these dudes were really ignorant and deserved to die

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
already replaced

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

These are tactical Rorquals, you see. They are outfitted for elite PV... rock.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Landsknecht posted:

already replaced

Not surprising, now that we know you're a no-good bunch of Jews crabs sucking all the crok you can get your hands on.

In other news, the next PL meetup will be held here:

rleonis
Apr 3, 2010
Hi, returned vet (hope so) here.

I have few questions:

1) What is the difference between KarmaFleet and Goonwaffe?

2) Is there any active war?

3) The_Mittani still active?

4) I saw economical reports from the CCP and Delve looks abnormal in comparison with other regions, especially by amount of ore mined, why?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

rleonis posted:

Hi, returned vet (hope so) here.

I have few questions:

1) What is the difference between KarmaFleet and Goonwaffe?

2) Is there any active war?

3) The_Mittani still active?

4) I saw economical reports from the CCP and Delve looks abnormal in comparison with other regions, especially by amount of ore mined, why?

1) they're different corporations, in practice for individual members not much, karmafleet recruits from reddit while Goonwaffe theoretically recruits from here, but they're both megacorps
2) yeah, we're fighting test in Catch
3) yes
4) goons are the only major entity that actually lives in 0.0 and have taken to mining like a pig to poo poo

Wealthy Aristocrat
Dec 12, 2016

zegermans posted:

I mad that Horde is cleaning house in Perimeter to print their own trade hub isk, but mostly because we didn't try to do it first.

Let them do all the hard work and clear it out as I thought it was a clogging up my interview anyway. Let some time pass and then strike! They cant defend high sec and null sec all the time. They will have a ton of assets in that heap of metal that will be a giant weight to the membership in the foreseeable future to protect. The end is near.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Why not just do the same thing as horde but in amarr

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

4) goons are the only major entity that actually lives in 0.0 and have taken to mining like a pig to poo poo

There is going to be a point at the end of this year where GSF will be able to field a full fleet of supercarriers every time in delve, but power projection will be lmao

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

There is going to be a point at the end of this year where GSF will be able to field a full fleet of supercarriers every time in delve, but power projection will be lmao

at this point i'm more expecting One Thousand Rorquals to replace the One Thousand Megathrons

supercarriers, after all, can't mine

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

4th Horseman posted:

Why are we so gunshy about using caps against testco?

Because we are dumb and bad. What loving answer do you think you're going to get exactly?

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
I'd like to give the game a try but I probably won't have the time or the patience to become a decent player. So my questions are

- do any goon corporations accept turd-level recruits
- does anyone want me as a referral
- can I fool around with character creation or should I follow some path right from the start (for the off-chance I do try to become decent one day)

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Doctor Malaver posted:

I'd like to give the game a try but I probably won't have the time or the patience to become a decent player. So my questions are

- can I fool around with character creation or should I follow some path right from the start (for the off-chance I do try to become decent one day)

your standard goonwaffe player is pretty turd-level; if you're willing to explode again and again in ships they hand to you, I'm sure they'd like that

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
hi reddit I see you found your "print screen" button :coffeepal:

Keegers posted:

Why not just do the same thing as horde but in amarr

I wonder what it would take to tip the trade hub balance of relative importance to Amarr over Jita. I doubt we have much impact on that in our current state, presumably because we're not really exporting and Jita is the path of least resistance despite the shipping costs (which to be fair aren't so bad if you can move full freighter loads via the Pubbie Express).

Speaking of Perimter citadels, I think my Miniluv DPS character has a learning clone in one of the Peri citadels, I should move it before the drat thing gets structure ref'd (if it hasn't already).

Doctor Malaver posted:

#1: yes, there's obviously Goonwaffe but as a newbie you might get more out of Karmafleet (I joined waffe on day 0 but those KF guys get even more free poo poo than waffe newbies)
#3: Eve doesn't really have "classes" like a lot of MMOs, and many skills are core/shared so there's not much point in re-rolling. While F2P you are restricted to your own race's ships, but you can still fulfill pretty much every role in the game with one character (tackle, damage, healer, etc.) if you want.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Doctor Malaver posted:

- that's what the alliance has always been built on!
- no, that's for irl friends only but you shouldn't need one
- go nuts, you can no longer permanently gently caress up your character (though don't use your attribute respecs until you know what you're doing), if you decide all your training was worthless you just start training what you want (and you can skillgoop out the old skills and use the SP for new skills if you want, though that'll cost isk/money).

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

*Reddit believing that everyone who posts here is in gsf. *

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
you nerds were all about r/eve until it turned anti-gsf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Keegers posted:

*Reddit believing that everyone who posts here is in gsf. *

TEST posting standards have always been, and likely always will be, complete and utter poo poo. I would be interested to see how we are perceived in an alternate reality where 98% of TEST members just never posted anything anywhere.

• Locked thread