Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Intruder posted:

I like to think this season is Rondo's revenge on Obama

I had never even thought about that. Imagine how disappointed Obama was at the Bulls' offseason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

It's weird that it's only good players getting the flu by and large...

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://prezi.com/m/2prprennbqfq/issues-in-sport-blood-doping/

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Now is the time for the Spurs to save Anthony Bennett.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has any player ever had a bobblehead night and gotten a DNP - Coach's Decision?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If the Spurs sign Bennett and somehow turn him into a good player, not even an all star just like a rotational player who puts up efficient numbers and plays solid D, I will lose my faith in all things good

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Niwrad posted:

Got to the Bulls game early and picked up a gift for RD Mangles

Shouldn't this say 2016 - 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Niwrad posted:

Has any player ever had a bobblehead night and gotten a DNP - Coach's Decision?

i feel like there was a bobblehead night for someone who got traded but i can't remember who

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Even that picture of Rondo looks shocked they made a bobblehead of him

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

chunkles posted:

i feel like there was a bobblehead night for someone who got traded but i can't remember who

Not a bobble head night but the Grizz had an AI shirt night planned and he parted ways with the team a day or so before.

I was real bummed because I planned to attend Grizz vs NO Hornets just to see AI that year.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I only want that bobblehead if it's going to call me a fag

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

It's weird that it's only good players getting the flu by and large...

Just a coincidence...

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Intruder posted:

If the Spurs sign Bennett and somehow turn him into a good player, not even an all star just like a rotational player who puts up efficient numbers and plays solid D, I will burn Phil Jackson as a false god and set aside a small altar in my closet devoted to G.C. Popovich and R.C. Buford
same

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

I only want that bobblehead if it's going to call me a fag

*pulls string on back of rondo doll*

Hey John...I heard Jimmy say you're a bad GM, but I think you're great. Just thought I would pass that along.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Anthony Bennet is the perfect unselfish Spurs player. He's so unselfish he doesn't even want to be on the court taking minutes from anyone.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What's the famous gif of the guy waiting for his player to come out of the tunnel and he never does ?

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

euphronius posted:

What's the famous gif of the guy waiting for his player to come out of the tunnel and he never does ?

Is that the one with the guy wearing the Tayshaun Prince jersey, looks at his phone to find out he'd been traded hours before, then sheepishly takes off the jersey?

I always loved that one

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

edit nvm

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Exums been put back to D-League :smith:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The B_36 posted:

Is that the one with the guy wearing the Tayshaun Prince jersey, looks at his phone to find out he'd been traded hours before, then sheepishly takes off the jersey?

I always loved that one

That's it thanks.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The UK Final Four tshirt underneath kills me every time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That has to be his cousin or something . A wild tayshaun prince fan?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/818582448418226176

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

They did the same thing for Ariza/D'Antoni. Basically someone in the arena crew is a lot nicer and more thoughtful than Jim Dolan

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

*teacher voice* Mr. Brolic I love your prezi

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

They did the same thing for Ariza/D'Antoni. Basically someone in the arena crew is a lot nicer and more thoughtful than Jim Dolan

It's very sweet and I'm sure those guys all appreciate it.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

^^^ he got Brook, Anthony Bennett, and Foye.

Every one of these teams should be ashamed of themselves. If you are a fan of one of these teams, you should also be ashamed of yourself.

Sean Kilpatrick is a man

Without Lin they've played The formerly man with the moustache, now the man bringing back 1998's goatee, Dinwiddie, a lot and he plays like a college pg, just setting up the offense and trying to make the smart pass, almost never shooting. Joe Harris and Justin Hamilton shoot threes. Rondae Hollis Jefferson does his best to make up for Brook Lopez on defense

They play to win the games and they have enough solid guys that it comes together from time to time. It's impressive, I hope they keep winning and the Boston pick is 7th or something equally disappointing.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

spencer dindiddie was waived by the bulls because they decided he was worse than jerian grant, rajon rondo, and isaiah canaan

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

spencer dindiddie was waived by the bulls because they decided he was worse than jerian grant, rajon rondo, and isaiah canaan

To their credit, really tall pg who isn't especially athletic and can't shoot at all isn't the most tantalizing profile, unless it applies to Ben Simmons. (Yeah it's like that)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

They play to win the games and they have enough solid guys that it comes together from time to time. It's impressive, I hope they keep winning and the Boston pick is 7th or something equally disappointing.

"Keep" winning games? They're 2 - 13 in their last 15, if they hadn't started 4 - 5 they'd be even more of a laughingstock

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

"Keep" winning games? They're 2 - 13 in their last 15, if they hadn't started 4 - 5 they'd be even more of a laughingstock

2x13= 36 = 11th in the east equals 14th draft pick suck it Boston

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

2x13= 36 = 11th in the east equals 14th draft pick suck it Boston

Don't you dare do this to me.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

BoonyPC posted:

Exums been put back to D-League :smith:
Exeunt

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I hope the Jazz accidentally getting too good to play Exum real minutes doesn't stunt him even further mentally than growing up as an Australian Institute of Sport kid already did

To me AIS is like Syracuse, or Baylor for the NFL, you have to be very suspicious, not because of inflated stats or not learning what "Deef-unse" is, but because the kids get treated like royalty and end up with weird malformed senses of self and a lack of mental toughness, they might be nice guys if you get to know them, I suppose it depends what you want.

Not that you can't say that about all the weird 40 student christian basketball factories, but at least there they're just with other basketball players basketballing, AIS is weird, it's really weird

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 10, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

euphronius posted:

That has to be his cousin or something . A wild tayshaun prince fan?

hah they changed the name of this video in the last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QJ4iwqnLKc

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/JCameratoCSN/status/818197389144129541

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Uh oh...

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/818636159207276545

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
The rest of the NBA should have thrown Brooklyn a bone and let them sign all those restricted free agents, and maybe, I dunno, try to schedule those superstar rest games against the Nets. Because it would be really, really funny if the Tyler Johnson/Allan Crabbe/ D-Mo led Nets clawed their way to the 8th seeds and rendered years of trade speculation over those picks for naught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

So that settles it: he is Not Back

• Locked thread