Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lol. gently caress, wonder bread is awful, it's super dry and sugary.

Please no one bring up that Paleo fake poster who talked about only eating raw meat and living outside because it was some dumb made up BS that everyone somehow remembers as real.

It was still funny for that comic where the guy turned out to be a bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Alter Ego posted:

Come to think of it, has Something Awful ever produced anything good? Not like "funny" good, cause there's been a lot of that. I mean like "charitable and helpful" good.

Only thing I can think of is the post-Hurricane Katrina effort.

Didn't we send a bunch of bees to a village once or something? I guess it was a good thing because they could use the honey or pollination...

But lol, BEES!!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

provided the first example of an internet-crowdfunded piece of media by raising donations to improve the Brazilian film industry

:stonk:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

timp posted:

Didn't we send a bunch of bees to a village once or something? I guess it was a good thing because they could use the honey or pollination...

But lol, BEES!!

There were two different holiday charity fundraisers through Heifer International, the first one was for Just Bees, but the second one was for all sorts of livestock.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SWAP.avi is the legacy somethingawful.com deserves. 2 girls 1 cup is but a pale moon reflecting the brilliance that is the burning sun of SWAP.avi.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

timp posted:

But lol, BEES!!

Honey and beeswax are both excellent things to have

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

yeah I've never seen swap.avi but it's pretty great that we have a thing that's like magnitudes worse than goatse or lemonparty or tubgirl but it's not a widely known thing

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yeah it's fantastic

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The last ten pages of the current Schmorky thread.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

TTerrible posted:

The last ten pages of the current Schmorky thread.

I kept up with it when it was a new thread but nothing was happening and now there's like 100 pages more. Did anything actually happen? It was the same with the last one about him too.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

I kept up with it when it was a new thread but nothing was happening and now there's like 100 pages more. Did anything actually happen? It was the same with the last one about him too.

Lowtax came back and said a lot of good things.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

TTerrible posted:

Around what page does this happen? The thread is a beast

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
things that happened:
Voidburger and psychadelic eyeball got banned for telling lowtax on twitter he was "exploiting" his kids and was handling the shmorky situation with his daughter wrong, eyeball at one point telling lowtax that his family deserved shmorky
a few other lp people autobanned because they sided against lowtax for whatever reason

lowtax has now come in and told the mods to stop closing the threads and punishing for slurs not used in explicit hate speech
I don't like it, but gently caress it, lowtax's exposure to progressive thinking has been shmorky and those lets players who can't not give their opinion in a place where they have no understanding or business giving one like how someone who has been harassed by the internet for years tells their kid that a family friend was actually a sexual predator
It certainly has damaged my opinions of woke people, like a lot of 2016 did.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I don't like it, but gently caress it, lowtax's exposure to progressive thinking has been shmorky and those lets players who can't not give their opinion in a place where they have no understanding or business giving one like how someone who has been harassed by the internet for years tells their kid that a family friend was actually a sexual predator

lol have you followed lowtax like at all, ever

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

TTerrible posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

SA should be producing quality jokes, like the peepee poopoo man, a 9gag poster that was taken from a chainsawsuit comic http://chainsawsuit.com/comic/2017/01/05/say-bye-bye-to-being-scared/

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I knew Lowtax was pretty broken and still desperate to be regarded as an internet superstar, but I really hope that's completely ironic. Because it's really sad otherwise.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Lutha Mahtin posted:

lol have you followed lowtax like at all, ever

what did i get wrong

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

we will build a wall and make GBS pay for it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

what did i get wrong

lol not falling for this honeypot

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I remember OH DEAR LORD! BEES!

Luckily someone grabbed all the images!

http://bacon.modacity.net/stuff/lollin/BEES.htm

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Hemingway To Go! posted:

things that happened:
Voidburger and psychadelic eyeball got banned for telling lowtax on twitter he was "exploiting" his kids and was handling the shmorky situation with his daughter wrong, eyeball at one point telling lowtax that his family deserved shmorky
a few other lp people autobanned because they sided against lowtax for whatever reason

lowtax has now come in and told the mods to stop closing the threads and punishing for slurs not used in explicit hate speech

iirc damehasclass was the one who said lowtax was "exploiting" and voidburger was like "hey hosting a suicide-themed livestream with your young child is kind of weird" which doesn't seem like that controversial an opinion if you're just looking into it. Psych was being a straight-up rear end in a top hat. The autobanned LPers were like two people that I saw and afaik they're both white noise hangers-on anyway

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Heath posted:

iirc damehasclass was the one who said lowtax was "exploiting" and voidburger was like "hey hosting a suicide-themed livestream with your young child is kind of weird" which doesn't seem like that controversial an opinion if you're just looking into it. Psych was being a straight-up rear end in a top hat. The autobanned LPers were like two people that I saw and afaik they're both white noise hangers-on anyway

Psych is French Canadian, they only know rear end in a top hat. Don't hold it against him.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Could some please post the Grover Iraq war predictions and then for irony the picture of him stuck in an actual quagmire?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I knew Lowtax was pretty broken and still desperate to be regarded as an internet superstar, but I really hope that's completely ironic. Because it's really sad otherwise.

No kidding. The average userbase here is pushing thirty or more. Your sense of humor has to move on at some point.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lowtax has like pics of his 11 year old daughter with fake peepee diapers and is involving her directly in drama that is 100% caustic for everyone involved. It's a pretty bad unfunny thing and I feel like the Tax might have actually snapped thanks to Smorkys bullshit

I hope I don't end up getting banned for saying this but drat the whole situation is gross and I kind of wish we could launch it into the sun

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 05:33 on Jan 10, 2017

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I hope I don't end up getting banned for saying this but drat the whole situation is gross and I kind of wish we could launch it into the sun

The thread should have been closed ages ago after Richard said his piece. I don't understand why the thread is still open, all it's doing is pushing the situation further and further into Chandler territory.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

The thread should have been closed ages ago after Richard said his piece. I don't understand why the thread is still open, all it's doing is pushing the situation further and further into Chandler territory.

Chandler territory?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Heath posted:

I think Voidburger was also retweeting some weird made up poo poo about lowtax too, it's somewhere around page 100 of that topic.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Because lowtax specifically said anyone closing it will get demoted and banned.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Bolding mine. Lol.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alter Ego posted:

E: It's Rhyme, not Rhyno. Dunno why I thought that.

Awww, I never do anything cool.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

EL BROMANCE posted:

lol gently caress off

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
why does pyf have so many pedo apologists?

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

Aesop Poprock posted:

Lowtax has like pics of his 11 year old daughter with fake peepee diapers and is involving her directly in drama that is 100% caustic for everyone involved. It's a pretty bad unfunny thing and I feel like the Tax might have actually snapped thanks to Smorkys bullshit

I wish I could launch you in to the sun, but unfortunately I don't think it's an option.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey guys nice to see we're in your weird gbs thread. It's ok to say Smorky is awful and mock him and also think it's strange for children to be brought into it but it's a lot easier to just suck Lowtaxs dick for 130pgs

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hogge Wild posted:

pyf...post your fetishes?!

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

Aesop Poprock posted:

Oh hey guys nice to see we're in your weird gbs thread. It's ok to say Smorky is awful and mock him and also think it's strange for children to be brought into it but it's a lot easier to just suck Lowtaxs dick for 130pgs

ok matey

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Hogge Wild posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Hogge Wild posted:

Cultural differences apparently.

Zephyrine posted:

Oh I see. This all gets odd for me because I'm Swedish and the age of consent here is 15 with even 14 accepted in rare cases. So whenever I see Americans losing their mind over some 17 year old girl I usually jot it down to their puritan heritage.