Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

lmao holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Put in for clan and slack, as always pubs are bad/inconsistent. Been doing strike playlists and enjoying the poo poo out of that, I guess I should try pvp now that I have a better grasp on everything.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Challenge of the Elders is extremely soloable again and it's easy to get 30k on any class (nothing manacles hunger voidlock, simmering flames arma sun breaker, gunslinger with incendiaries and frostees).

It's well worth doing a quick 30k run on your dudes because the fusion, sniper, lmg and RL can all roll top tier competitive pvp rolls.

Examples from last week and this week:

(Three rockets right to the mag with no boots)

(Has triple tap and casket mag for PvE, snapshot and hot swap for pvp)

Not to mention you might get something sick on Variks rank up.

(OES, smallbore, full auto and outlaw or CB. It's a monster in any mode)

I could run these three guns and be competitive up to almost the highest skill levels of pvp. Not bad for a few quick runs.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 10, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is it something a mere 383 hunter who isn't a buff gay dude could solo?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yes. You should be able to do it. It might take a few tries to figure out the safe spots for handling the waves (first round is right at the entrance, second is entrance or far left in the corner, final round is entrance and far right or left corners on the raised areas).

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's well worth doing a quick 30k run on your dudes because the fusion, sniper, lmg and RL can all roll top tier competitive pvp rolls.

30k weapons and rank up weapons still own.

ViewTac, Injection Mold, HH. Really snappy and the HH makes up for the loss of AA from the range drop in Injection Mold. VT takes some getting used to but its a solid scope. It flinches like crazy though. Still, fun.

OAS, PB, SS, CB. Properly sick.

OAS, Smallbore, FA, RF. Thing thing will easily 3 burst someone at the full length of the waterfall lane in Pantheon, it's reach is absurd. 18 round mag, bring reload gloves because lol

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I don't know about you guys, but I can still regularly grab The Best Around medal with my Nirwen's Mercy. Maybe it's got poo poo perks with Red Dot-OAS, Outlaw, Third Eye & Braced Frame, but usually the only people who can match me is somebody else with a Nirwen's. And that's exceedingly rare.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I don't know about you guys, but I can still regularly grab The Best Around medal with my Nirwen's Mercy. Maybe it's got poo poo perks with Red Dot-OAS, Outlaw, Third Eye & Braced Frame, but usually the only people who can match me is somebody else with a Nirwen's. And that's exceedingly rare.

I've held on to my Nirwen's Mercy, even though it's got a poo poo roll.

Red Dot-ORES | Focus Lens FLA5 | TrueSight IS
Partial Refund
Grenadier
Lightweight | Hand-laid Stock | Injection Mold

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Post your gamertag

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Mikey-San posted:

Heck, you don't even need CB on Grasp if you have Braced Frame. It's that good.

As an owner of a BF Grasp and leveled it up by only shooting mans, this is correct.

That's the IB vendor roll from long ago. Very solid but the archtype is the problem

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Post your gamertag

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The vendor nirwen's is pretty decent but it's too slow to do well in today's game. Going against a HCR clever dragon will send you back to spawn.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Clever Dragon looks like an old rusty tetanus dick. Emphasis on anus. Nerwins Mercy is classy timeless work of military engineering. With all the emphasis some of you put into your cosmetics, you should be ashamed of yourselves for picking the former over the latter.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
And no I'm not talking about my sex life.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How much can you really admire a gun if you can't even spell its name right?

It's hard to admire aesthetics when you're dead.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

el B posted:

Clever Dragon looks like an old rusty tetanus dick. Emphasis on anus. Nerwins Mercy is classy timeless work of military engineering. With all the emphasis some of you put into your cosmetics, you should be ashamed of yourselves for picking the former over the latter.

Looking cool is the most important part of any game.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

can i play in your lobbies

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

el B posted:

Clever Dragon looks like an old rusty tetanus dick.

Preach it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Congrats on not being in a high SBMM bracket I guess?

For shits and giggles I dropped into the weekly zone control on my alt for my radiant treasure box, didn't have any on meta guns so I said gently caress it and tried anyway.

Literally couldn't kill anyone at all before I'd get blinted or skip naded then Luna or Palindromed, so I popped something in with Ishtar after dying 6 times in a row to finish a respectable 3 and 9.

The meta is absolutely rock solid once you're good enough, buddy.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

el B posted:

And no I'm not talking about my sex life.

we know, you didn't mention canola oil

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I have never met a man named Canola, shut the heck up

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The Meat Dimension posted:

As an owner of a BF Grasp and leveled it up by only shooting mans, this is correct.
Hand-laid, even. 89 stability with ORS.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Mikey-San posted:

can i play in your lobbies

I'm on PS4, so maybe there's just a larger concentration of bad players? I'd consider myself just barely better than the average pubbies, though.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Post your gamertag

DA9_Coupe. Car-based usernames are pretty lame, but it turns out I didn't have much in the way of foresight when I was 17.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

Hand-laid

Ummm also not my sex life

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DA9_Coupe. Car-based usernames are pretty lame, but it turns out I didn't have much in the way of foresight when I was 17.

He doesn't care about your tag, he just wants to look you up on guardian.gg and give you poo poo for whatever's in your game history.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

the good fax machine posted:

we know, you didn't mention canola oil

:golfclap:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I just got "The Stranger's Rifle" and I can ascend it, is it worth to spend the 25 legendary marks on it? or will it get replaced soon. It has pretty decent stats compared with the stuff I own.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there a platinum tier above gold i presume

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Guillermus posted:

I just got "The Stranger's Rifle" and I can ascend it, is it worth to spend the 25 legendary marks on it? or will it get replaced soon. It has pretty decent stats compared with the stuff I own.

It's good for where you are, but it won't be very good once you get far into TTK or later content. There's an exotic version of it that can be raised to current power levels available through a quest.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good news im gold in sparrow racing

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

I went from Rusty Butthole top 100% from last year to Rusty Butthole top 70% in the time in took to do Class S license. :smuggo:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Guillermus posted:

It can't go past 170 after you ascend it so no, not worth it. There's an exotic called No Time to Explain which functions similarity.

E: remind me to hit f5

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Cheers thanks, I'll just keep leveling and using the garbage the game throws at me (wich has been useful enough).

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Super No Vacancy posted:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

pls get this as a tattoo and AMA it in r/destinythegame

tia

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I thought srl was over...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It is, that means he gets to keep that rank for an entire year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

I thought srl was over...

SRL is a state of mind my friend

• Locked thread