Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Spiritual successor to Star Force

It's a tie-in with the upcoming cartoon, I hear there's an action game for consoles and a collection-RPG for mobile in the vein of some popular Teen Titans game BUT that could all be outdated and/or bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What in the sweet gently caress is this...

Also, does Amazon limit the amount of items you can pre-order? I know most places do but I can't recall if Amazon does.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

s.i.r.e. posted:

Also, does Amazon limit the amount of items you can pre-order? I know most places do but I can't recall if Amazon does.

No, I have like 15 games on preorder. No money changed hands and I can cancel easily if things changed.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

i enjoy the heck out of some megaman but there's already a billion of them i never got around to playing and also they're all worse than 2 and 3 and X1 so why would i want more

Smh someone needs to play the zero and legends games

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Looper posted:

Smh someone needs to play the zero and legends games

i played zero 1 as a youngun but i was really bad at it and died all the time and i don't remember why

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

Once upon a time, in the era of gritty reboots...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

i played zero 1 as a youngun but i was really bad at it and died all the time and i don't remember why

It is really hard to be fair, too much so in the beginning imo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's a tie-in with the upcoming cartoon, I hear there's an action game for consoles and a collection-RPG for mobile in the vein of some popular Teen Titans game BUT that could all be outdated and/or bullshit.

But if that's true, which would be released on the Switch?????????

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Are all the people hyped for Skyrim on the Switch going to be cool with the next Elder Scrolls not being on the Switch?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stan Taylor posted:

Are all the people hyped for Skyrim on the Switch going to be cool with the next Elder Scrolls not being on the Switch?

I don't know if I'd call myself hyped, but I never played Skyrim and I'll probably pick it up when it's cheaper. Since supposedly it's one of those games that takes 100s of hours, I'll probably be thoroughly sick of the series by the time I'm done.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Stan Taylor posted:

I am hyped for a portable Skyrim and even more hyped to play ES6 on a Nintendo portable in 2026.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Stan Taylor posted:

I'd be hyped to see the next Elder Scrolls not on anything.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whatever happened to Elder Scrolls Online?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/justmarried?iso=20170112T22&p0=874&msg=Nintendo+Switch+Presentation&font=sanserif

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's good and fun.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

If I can't play the new Zeruda no Densetsu at launch I'm going to commit seppuku.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Stan Taylor posted:

The only reason I'm hanging on to my Xbone is this eventuality.

It better not be frickin' PS4 Pro/Scorpio exclusive...I'd prefer it wait until the next full generation if that was the case.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Synthetic Hermit posted:

The only reason I'm hanging on to my Xbone is this eventuality.

It better not be frickin' PS4 Pro/Scorpio exclusive...I'd prefer it wait until the next full generation if that was the case.

Sony are adamantly against Pro-exclusive titles*, so no worry there.

*For a couple of years at most, I reckon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

nintendo rereleasing content.... you can't make this up

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
An unironically good marketing piece worth the reuse though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

oddium posted:

nintendo rereleasing content.... you can't make this up

Yes because the NES Mini sold super poorly on the nostalgia factor

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's alive, they are still releasing multiplayer content for that game where 2% of players actually want to play with each other

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Two days until the Switch reveal and all I can think about is what kind of new content we can expect for the next Smash Bros. game

I really hope they keep Smash Run, that has to be the best mode of any Smash game

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Two days until the Switch reveal and all I can think about is what kind of new content we can expect for the next Smash Bros. game

I just want a balance patch so Samus is no longer awful.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

samus is my favorite smasher

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

I just want a balance patch so Samus Jigglypuff is no longer awful.

Same

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TaurusOxford posted:

I just want a balance patch so Samus is no longer awful.

Has she every been good? She was low tier even in the original right?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Why is it called a switch "reveal" if the switch has already been revealed?? Are we expecting more revealing anime games than bayonetta2?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My friends hate when I pick Samus because I wreck their poo poo. Of course, that's with items and fun stages and 3+ players

she does p much blow at For Glory 1v1 though

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jan 10, 2017

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

ethanol posted:

Why is it called a switch "reveal" if the switch has already been revealed?? Are we expecting more revealing anime games than bayonetta2?

Bayonetta 3, exclusively for Switch

When they announce it, Kamiya will come onstage with a shirt that says "gently caress YOU MICROSOFT"

Zyste
Jan 8, 2002

"Do you want this back?"

Phimosissy posted:

My friends hate when I pick Samus because I wreck their poo poo. Of course, that's with items and fun stages and 3+ players

she does p much blow at For Glory 1v1 though

Just spam Samus's projectiles to bait them into coming after you and then punish them for it. It's actually kinda obnoxious playing a good Samus.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Real hurthling! posted:

Zero Suit Samus was baller tier in Smash 4 for a long time.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I played samdawg at launch for a while and did like 70% win rate before deciding the game wasn't actually fun 1v1

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Paper Mario: Millenial Porticullis confirmed!!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

post your official nintendo switch nintendo power extension cord for when that switch runs out of life after 1 hour

here's mine

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Real hurthling! posted:

She was mid-tier in Melee. The other games she has been low to bottom.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Zero Suit Samus was baller tier in Smash 4 for a long time.

We're talking about the real Samus. :colbert:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

ethanol posted:

post your official nintendo switch nintendo power extension cord for when that switch runs out of life after 1 hour

here's mine

Don't you have a TV to dock your Switch with?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Don't you have a TV to dock your Switch with?

youll notice my extension cord is so long that i can hop on a train and commute to work, walk my dog in a park, have a full range of a hipster party

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ethanol posted:

youll notice my extension cord is so long that i can hop on a train and commute to work, walk my dog in a park, have a full range of a hipster party

You can even travel abroad. I say that's a Wintendo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I just learned that Happy Meals in the UK have Mario toys.

Maybe the US will too?

• Locked thread