Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Gaz-L posted:

I assume he's not really a crook, just Groot wants to find out why he failed the audition.

His acting wasn't wooden enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
:golfclap:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
*holds prop skull and gazes at it wistfully*

"I am.... Groot?"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

I assume he's not really a crook, just Groot wants to find out why he failed the audition.

hi doggie sounds better than hi groot.
Or I did not hit her, it's not true! It's bullshit! I did not hit her!
I did *not*. Oh hi, hi groot

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Gaz-L posted:

Have...have you seen the movie in question?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

hi doggie sounds better than hi groot.
Or I did not hit her, it's not true! It's bullshit! I did not hit her!
I did *not*. Oh hi, hi groot

Who said Groot tried out for Johnny?

Choco1980 posted:

Have...have you seen the movie in question?

Enough of it that I'm pretty sure it was a passion project that became infamous out of hubris and incompetence. Like Birdemic, which is an objectively much worse movie. The Room makes me laugh. Birdemic insults my intelligence and bores me to the point of actual anger.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Enough of it that I'm pretty sure it was a passion project that became infamous out of hubris and incompetence. Like Birdemic, which is an objectively much worse movie. The Room makes me laugh. Birdemic insults my intelligence and bores me to the point of actual anger.

You and I couldn't agree less over comparing those two movies.

Also, I was making a joke that the terribleness of the film is why he's a wanted criminal...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, easy mistake to make when he's literally been accused of the film being a Producers-style scam or money-laundering scheme.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Chaos Hippy posted:

It was cooler when Cyclops said it.

Copying your dad is never going to be cool.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I had him trying out as Mark and the dog in the flower shop. This is also a movie that is having an entire movie made about it

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

"Where's my loving money, Denny?"
"I am Groot!"
"WHERE'S MY loving MONEY?
"I am Groot!"

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Mulva posted:

Optic blasts make anything cool.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Mulva posted:

Even if your dad is Corsair?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Oh! That jerk, Harold! He wants me to give him a share of my house. That house belongs to me! He has no right! I’m not giving him a penny! Who does he think he is?
I am Groot
He is always bugging me about my house. Fifteen years ago, we agreed that house belongs to me. Now the value of the house is going up and he’s seeing dollar signs. Everything goes wrong at once. Nobody wants to help me, and I’m dying!
I am Groot
I got the results of the test back. I definitely have breast cancer.
I am Groot

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh! That jerk, Harold! He wants me to give him a share of my house. That house belongs to me! He has no right! I’m not giving him a penny! Who does he think he is?
I am Groot
He is always bugging me about my house. Fifteen years ago, we agreed that house belongs to me. Now the value of the house is going up and he’s seeing dollar signs. Everything goes wrong at once. Nobody wants to help me, and I’m dying!
I am Groot
I got the results of the test back. I definitely have breast cancer.
I am Groot

:golfclap: No joke, I would love a recut of The Room where all of Lisa's lines are replaced that way.

Actually, I think every cast member except Tommy Wiseau would also love that.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

X-O posted:

You're either really misreading it or just desperately looking too deep for something to make a stink about.

Yeah this stuff is just drenched with nuance.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fuego Fish posted:

It still sounds to me like "holy poo poo, kids are all insane". Which is objectively true.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
The whole issue reads like it's basically the writer crying about those uppity loving #millenial #sjws daring to insult his amazing and wonderful "captain america is a nazi" story. It's pretty sad.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

dordreff posted:

The whole issue reads like it's basically the writer crying about those uppity loving #millenial #sjws daring to insult his amazing and wonderful "captain america is a nazi" story. It's pretty sad.

Is Cap still a Nazi? Please tell me they've cleaned that out.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Fuego Fish posted:

A story about a character maturing?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
No, once a person forms an opinion they hold that opinion FOREVER, character growth and maturation are lies. :reject:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Nilbop posted:

A story about a character maturing?

Stopping caring about the subjugation and suffering of your people under a racist system isn't "maturing". Talking about "patience" and "compromise" in regards to, specifically in this instance, white people in the media talking about how you're all criminals? You might as well be reading Bruce Tinsley.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Having the most prominent Black superhero at your company, who's currently wearing the mantle of the country itself, talk about patience and compromising with racists while Black kids are being shot in the streets with zero repercussions is at best misguided.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

purple death ray posted:

Having the most prominent Black superhero at your company, who's currently wearing the mantle of the country itself, talk about patience and compromising with racists while Black kids are being shot in the streets with zero repercussions is at best misguided.

Is there any chance he might change his mind?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

dordreff posted:

I'm sorry but this makes me loving laugh. No one wants to have Nick Spencer on their side. This is your interpretation. Lets look at some quotes from the other side.

quote:

Still imbalanced. Acknowledges extremist left-wingers but has no sensible right-wingers. Portraits campus intolerance as aimed solely against bigots, when anybody not on far left is protested/attacked/not allowed to speak.

quote:

>anti-heroes fight heroes that don't want them to kill villains
No poo poo.

I'm actually talking about protesters and how the speech event was portrayed. Bigoted right-winger wants to speak, everybody is against it and just some idiots are going too far. Meanwhile in the real life, a registered Democrat feminist needs police protection to give her speech because she is a moderate contrarian.

Besides, PAD written years ago a story about Supergirl fighting the Steel over why a bigot should be allowed to speak in academia. I don't have to tell you which story was superior.

quote:

This is just Nick Spencer having a neoliberal bitch fit about Bernie style Democrats, who he despises almost as much as Republicans.

quote:

It's Nick Spencer playing it safe while still making the people who hold dissimilar political/social stances contrary to his look bad while dissociating himself from the "extreme" liberal groups. Like those black dudes that kidnapped and tortured that special needs guy recently.

Also Spencer is still a huge blue pilled cuck.

quote:

Exactly. This ****** is a neocon democrat who supported Killary. It's no different than the right-wingers who threw a hissy fit over Trump and his supporters during the election.

So on the one hand, this is Nick Spencer being insulting to the left, and on the other hand he's being insulting to the right? No one wants him! This entire issue has been both sides basically playing hot potato with Nick Spencer.

I'm glad everyone can be united in "Nick Spencer is poo poo" at the very least. Common ground is nice.

Now, how about we post some funny panels? Always a good practice for the funny panels thread

Marvel Adventures: Spiderman

DC One Million

Sonic Universe

And that's all I really have in my old Imgur account

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Onmi posted:

I'm sorry but this makes me loving laugh. No one wants to have Nick Spencer on their side. This is your interpretation. Lets look at some quotes from the other side.

If loving no one can put up with me I must be doing something right.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The whole point of the Spencer Sam Wilson: Captain America has been to show how Sam is dealing with more extreme forms of what is going on IRL, with heroic duty.

Sam has the Fox news standins hounding his every action and saying he's not doing his job well enough. For example, he was trying to save the life of some ultra right-winger despite the fact that they both hate each other, because heroes save lives. Nazi Steve Rogers set Sam up to fail, and the guy gets killed. So now he's got people breathing down his neck some more and doubling down on the pressure to give up the shield. He is trying to prove them wrong by being as noble of a hero as he can, in the face of their racism.

Like, that's the entire plot of the book since issue one. Being heroic in the face of hate.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Haha, I love in that JL1M panel, Plas' "A+!" ribbon.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Choco1980 posted:

Haha, I love in that JL1M panel, Plas' "A+!" ribbon.

I like that the conclusion to a mission across such a long time involving cosmic everything is concluded with "Okay duty rosters on the fridge door."

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Kirby's balls, "compromise" doesn't mean "compromise with racists." It means "don't demand everything right now, learn the value of steady progress."

And yeah, there's definitely an argument to be made against that (King made it excellently in his letter from the Birmingham jail), but interpreting what Sam's saying as "stop caring, let the racists win" is just arrogant, stubborn, willful stupidity.

And while I'm at it, get off my lawn.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

IUG posted:

The whole point of the Spencer Sam Wilson: Captain America has been to show how Sam is dealing with more extreme forms of what is going on IRL, with heroic duty.

Sam has the Fox news standins hounding his every action and saying he's not doing his job well enough. For example, he was trying to save the life of some ultra right-winger despite the fact that they both hate each other, because heroes save lives. Nazi Steve Rogers set Sam up to fail, and the guy gets killed. So now he's got people breathing down his neck some more and doubling down on the pressure to give up the shield. He is trying to prove them wrong by being as noble of a hero as he can, in the face of their racism.

Like, that's the entire plot of the book since issue one. Being heroic in the face of hate.

People recognize it it's just dumb and made by a guy who honestly doesn't actually know what extreme entails.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
never forget that nick spencer wrote fear itself: secret avengers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I mostly remember Nick Spencer for his god awful and aborted Ultimate X-Men run.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Enough about Spencer. Get back to posting funny panels.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Chaos Hippy posted:

It was cooler when Cyclops said it.

Spider-Man :colbert:

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

howe_sam posted:

Spider-Man :colbert:

Only because that comic was literally the best.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I know Midnighter is a Batman ripoff but do you have to copy his most shameful panel???

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That brings tears to my eyes.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

X-O posted:

Enough about Spencer. Get back to posting funny panels.

Can we compromise and just post Superior Foes panels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Herc is one of those rare characters where virtually every panel can go in here or the badass thread. He's incredibly bombastic.