Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Helith posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda pre-order is currently 30% off on Origin! Surely a mistake, but I'm kinda tempted to get it before it changes. I rarely pre-order and wasn't going to for this but at a 30% discount...
or does it mean it's bad and they're discounting it to salvage what they can?

gently caress it, I pre-ordered it. I can always cancel if I need to. I'm a sucker for a discount. We'll see if I get stung :shepspends:

:siren: Bioware points are on sale too! I have never seen them on sale on pc before.

That deal was there a few hours ago for me and now it's gone.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

So it was a pricing error, I had a feeling it was with BW points getting discounted too and the discount not showing up in all regions. Glad I took the plunge and got it for cheaper.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

If you have Amazon Prime, isn't it only 48 bucks to preorder Andromeda right now? I thought I read that somewhere. I don't actually have Prime so I'm not completely sure.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
The true cost of preordering is your self respect.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Imagine being the kind of person who would pre-order No Man's Sky, and then Andromeda not six months later.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

DO IT TO IT posted:

If you have Amazon Prime, isn't it only 48 bucks to preorder Andromeda right now? I thought I read that somewhere. I don't actually have Prime so I'm not completely sure.

You don't even need to Pre-order to get the Amazon Prime discount (just buy it within the first two weeks) soooooo.....just wait.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Milky Moor posted:

I disagree, Dan. All the choices in the Mass Effect trilogy (and, probably, the next game) are good.

Well, hell, that's true.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

exquisite tea posted:

Imagine being the kind of person who would pre-order No Man's Sky, and then Andromeda not six months later.

If you don't want a pet pyjack you are dead inside.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

DO IT TO IT posted:

Only if you get a physical copy. If you pre order the digital code you do NOT get the prime pre order discount.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

DO IT TO IT posted:

Mine was $55 I think, but I got the deluxe edition.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

The last game I pre-ordered was Mass Effect 3. Never again.

Also, let's talk some more about

ASARI EYEBROWS

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Phylodox posted:

The last game I pre-ordered was Mass Effect 3. Never again.

Also, let's talk some more about

ASARI EYEBROWS

Do you think they have eyebrows on their cloacas?

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 10, 2017

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Phylodox, did you make that?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

SgtSteel91 posted:

Phylodox, did you make that?

Yes. It's my fanfiction. Original content, do not steal.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Make the eyebrows go up and down and you've got yourself a drat fine avatar there.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

will this game have settlement building?

I always wanted a colony building simulator in the Mass Effect universe...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There'll be a lot of settling in three month's time.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

frajaq posted:

If there's one thing open world games need, it's more feature bloat!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Skippy McPants posted:

I'd be down for a Mass Effect RTS or TBS.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

frajaq posted:

This would probably be the worst thing they could add to the game.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Skippy McPants posted:

While I can see your point, I can also see why people would ask "Hey would the game talking up the fact we came from colony ships, and are trying to start colonies let us, in fact, start colonies?"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Section Z posted:

While I can see your point, I can also see why people would ask "Hey would the game talking up the fact we came from colony ships, and are trying to start colonies let us, in fact, start colonies?"

and those people would be really dumb.

Serf
May 5, 2011

frajaq posted:

I'd be down for that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

maybe they will make a dumb colony building phone game

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

exquisite tea posted:

There'll be a lot of settling in three month's time.

:lol: :yeah:

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
There is no reason they couldn't have had a colony being built in the background that develops as you do quests and how it develops depending on what choices you have made.

Like a tapestry.

It would be better still if the game were lean and good fun.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Cythereal posted:

I'd be down for a Mass Effect RTS or TBS.

Me to! But that would be a different game and a different genre. I'm just not up for trying to cram all the genres into one game. It never works out well.

Section Z posted:

As Andrast said, those people would be dumb. Building a colony is a lot of work, you would not expect the guy doing recon (Pathfinder) to pick up a hammer.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

BexGu posted:

Make the eyebrows go up and down and you've got yourself a drat fine avatar there.

ASARI EYEBROWS

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Skippy McPants posted:

Me to! But that would be a different game and a different genre. I'm just not up for trying to cram all the genres into one game. It never works out well.

In this case, see Fallout 4.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Skippy McPants posted:

As Andrast said, those people would be dumb. Building a colony is a lot of work, you would not expect the guy doing recon (Pathfinder) to pick up a hammer.

You build an army in mass effect 3 and they don't require you to like sew uniforms and determine troop movements. Having the hub of the game be a base and a bunch of "we need power, secure power, go to the crystal caverns and get power crystals", "we need farmers but space goblins are eating our grain!!" be the basic missions before it "ALL GOES WRONG" and you stumble into the Reapeiers would make perfect sense.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

You build an army in mass effect 3 and they don't require you to like sew uniforms and determine troop movements. Having the hub of the game be a base and a bunch of "we need power, secure power, go to the crystal caverns and get power crystals", "we need farmers but space goblins are eating our grain!!" be the basic missions before it "ALL GOES WRONG" and you stumble into the Reapeiers would make perfect sense.

That sounds really boring

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've been replaying ME.

It's good. But I wish they had balanced combat better. You start off weak as is normal in a RPG. But as you get stronger combats get trivialized pretty quickly. Unless there is a sniper.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Andrast posted:

That sounds really boring

Presumably mass effecty stuff would happen when you got places and when you needed water you'd be fighting an ancient water alien that is mind controlling plants or something instead of just negotiating water treaties. It'd be a reasonable reason why ryder needs to go to a bunch of different locations and shoot things before the inevitable act 2 twist where it turns out the reapers are coming again.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I've been thinking for ages that a turn-based Xcom-style Mass Effect strategy game could be great. I would like to see EA try some spin-off games in the Mass Effect universe.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Having a home base that naturally just sort of grew around you as you completed missions would be cool. I'd be really jazzed for some actual base-building elements, but a settlement that gets bigger and has more stuff as you advance would add a lot to the game. Like how in previous games when you got more squadmates the ship seemed livelier and bigger.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Serf posted:

Having a home base that naturally just sort of grew around you as you completed missions would be cool. I'd be really jazzed for some actual base-building elements, but a settlement that gets bigger and has more stuff as you advance would add a lot to the game. Like how in previous games when you got more squadmates the ship seemed livelier and bigger.

Maybe they could call it something like Starhold?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm gonna pessimistically assume they'd put as much thought into colony-building as they did DAI's building up the castle.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should let the crew play the base portions of skies of arcadia on a futureputer

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lycus posted:

I'm gonna pessimistically assume they'd put as much thought into colony-building as they did DAI's building up the castle.

So none? Sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Veotax posted:

I've been thinking for ages that a turn-based Xcom-style Mass Effect strategy game could be great. I would like to see EA try some spin-off games in the Mass Effect universe.

There are mods for xcom 2 right now that let you have quarians, turians, salarians and an assort of mass effect weapons. Just a matter of time until some enterprising person makes some kind of total conversion.